Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

YOU'LL BE GONE

Thu May 08, 2003 10:49 pm

Yes John, I think you're right! I was puzzled by this one too, when listening to the GIRL HAPPY soundtrack!
I started a thread a couple of days ago, but no one seemed to pay attention to what I was trying to find out!
I've listened again to the LLH take 4, and it's the same in my ears!

Re: YOU'LL BE GONE

Thu May 08, 2003 11:45 pm

bajo wrote:Yes John, I think you're right! I was puzzled by this one too, when listening to the GIRL HAPPY soundtrack!
I started a thread a couple of days ago, but no one seemed to pay attention to what I was trying to find out!
I've listened again to the LLH take 4, and it's the same in my ears!

So RCA has fooled us again. They said these soundtracks was taken directly from the LP masters. But that cannot have been so, if this statement is correct!! So what we have is just another remaster/remix, and not the original masters used for the original LP's :-(

GIRL HAPPY SOUNDRACK

Fri May 09, 2003 12:00 am

Don't be too harsh on this! I think the soundtrack sounds better than ever!
I'll forgive the "slip" with YOU'LL BE GONE, because it's such a good alternate!!
The reason for having the "BONUS TRACKS" on, must have been of more "historical...."
Don't let this mess up the fact that the soundtracks are great!
YOU'LL BE GONE may be found as it is supposed to be elsewhere!
A minor fault I won't loose my sleep over!
Too me it's more important that they present the soundtracks as good sounding as possible!
It's a good start Ernst! Keep 'em coming!

Re: GIRL HAPPY SOUNDRACK

Mon May 12, 2003 9:41 pm

bajo wrote:Don't be too harsh on this! I think the soundtrack sounds better than ever!
I'll forgive the "slip" with YOU'LL BE GONE, because it's such a good alternate!!....A minor fault I won't loose my sleep over!
Too me it's more important that they present the soundtracks as good sounding as possible!...

It still isn't what they promised us. They said it was taken directly from the LP mastertapes. My comments is based on this. If RCA decided to go back to the sessionstapes why don't they say so instead of pretending that they uses the original LP tapes?

Tue May 13, 2003 6:16 am

I agree with you Vinylman. If they state that they are going to do them from the LP masters, then why do they throw an alternate in the bunch?
It's like the 30 #1's. How can they call them number ones when 3 or 4 of them are alternate takes. Alternate takes can't be the number ones. So, all in all, it is a lie and very deceiving.
I agree with Bajo that the cds are very, very good but why try to pull one over on the fans? I really believe that they plot to hold back one song here and one song there so that later on we will all have to buy something over ONCE again to get those couple songs. I really believe they do these things. They know we will buy them again. But they don't know how ticked off many fans will be when they realise the songs aren't what they should be.
Back to the 30 #1's. Just think if you were a casual fan and loved the song "The Wonder Of You". You go out, buy the 30 #1's and find out it is a completely different version, when the cover says these are all number one hits. I'd be pretty mad about it.

jeff R

Tue May 13, 2003 6:26 am

I Agree With you jj
on the 30#1 i was mad about this to
if you going to put a #1 hit cd they should use the ones that made the hit
and putting outtakes on them.

i am still glade i still have all of my elvis lps,
so i wont be getting these new fts soundtracks.
i just keep my lps version.

besides i allready put them on cd anyway.

Tue May 13, 2003 7:15 am

Well folks, whatever the reason, it is still a great track with clean rich sound. The soundtrack packages are very well put together, keep them coming FTD.

Tue May 13, 2003 7:32 am

Tell me something Curtis , do you buy ANY cd ' s from FTD , RCA / BMG or Imports ! ? I was just curious , that ' s all !

Tue May 13, 2003 7:37 am

sounds like the master to me! Im gonna laugh my butt off when its confirmed by Ernst that indeed it is the master! you guys who are bitchin about Elvis' voice sounding like going thru the telephone need better equipment or clean out ur ears. I knew the moans and groans would come out sooner or later.

Tue May 13, 2003 7:39 am

i did at one time but i never did like the mix on them
so i sold all of the cds i had and keep my lps

but now i do have some just got the box set od tt&f, the 4 dsd cds
30#1 hits witch i dont like the sound of it, in person, new aloha 97 version
and America the beautiful,

cd are fine for you guys but not to me i just love my lps.

curtis simpkins

Tue May 13, 2003 8:03 am

I am puzzled Curtis.

You write ""cd are fine for you guys but not to me""".

But you are campaigning for more '68 Comeback outtakes.

Do you expect RCA to release them on vinyl. :?:

Tue May 13, 2003 8:14 am

will KiwiAlan you never know
but i really dont think they will :cry:

but i do have the that the way it is sp on vinyl
i liked that. :D

hey i just love vinyl.

curtis simpkins

Tue May 13, 2003 2:04 pm

Vinylman -

I don't think they actually said they would use the LP tapes.

They said they would be mastered with the same EQ as the original albums.

Not quite the same thing !

Colin B

Tue May 13, 2003 2:18 pm

:D
i have a feeling it is the mastertake ,though i no longer own the record to compare to, furthermore i believe the version on the 60s box set was the one remixed, hence people getting confused to which is what :D
regards nick

Tue May 13, 2003 2:54 pm

:o hey I Love Vinyl too! and besides i just played my new 'GIRL HAPPY' cd today and i REALLY like it! 10/10 Ernst! keep m'n coming -especially the 'Viva Lss Vegas ' set!-great! :lol:

Tue May 13, 2003 9:55 pm

ColinB wrote:Vinylman -

I don't think they actually said they would use the LP tapes.

They said they would be mastered with the same EQ as the original albums.

Not quite the same thing !

Colin B

If this is so :D . I might have expected something different. So with this part out of the discussion, I can say that I personally like these releases, especially the covers. A marvellous idea taken from a Cliff Richard release from last year.

The sound is also great, leaving enough hiss to make them sound more natural than the Double Features series.