Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: FAKE "Most Talked About" US double Ep from same seller !

Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:22 am

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Hound Dog 2000 wrote:Here I used the Paul Combs samples taken from his original copy.

That's a great sample in order to identify the original WH sticker.

As you can see...red color is the right one.

And, very important: the TOP is POINTED .....and NOT rounded.

It is on light paper, not much glossy. Quite stock, semi.matt paper.


That's exactly how mine looks like 8). Thank you!. Bye for now :smt006.

Re: Bonus Photo GOLD 4 US LP

Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:30 am

Hi there!! :D :D :D.
Hound Dog 2000 wrote:
Mike Windgren wrote:Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Hound Dog 2000 wrote:
Mike Windgren wrote:Hi there!! :D :D :D.

EPA4368 wrote:Like I posted earlier about my fake Santa Calendar, it took me almost three years to find an original to make the comparison. It was amazing how many other collectors also had a fake and were totally convince they had an original. I spent a lot of money to find out I bought a fake. But it was my fault. I should've done more research before buying it.


I have this calender that is related to LPM-2621 Girls! Girls! Girls!, bought it last year on ebay from a trusted seller, didn´t pay too much :lol: and it is in Near Mint condition. After doing some research and reading the website that explains the difference between the original and the fake, I am still not sure if mine is fake!. I think until I have an original in front of me to spot the difference I will not know :cry:. Bye for now :smt006.

Image
LPM-2621 Girls! Girls! Girls!


Here can't help much Mike. I do not collect Parker related items as I never liked Col Parker and did not want to have any image of him in my collection.
I got the regular Calendar with the LP's publicity on rear if I remind well.

Just to continue the previous discussion about the WH sticker, take in consideration the following aspects too:

1) counterfeiters had to keep for them very "micro-secrets" in order to distinguish themselves original items FROM fake items. In few words: when they counterfeit something, they always leave something DIFFERENT from the ORIGINAL as well. Perhaps, in case of the WH stkr, they made the ROUNDED TOP on purpose ! In order for them to identify these one from originals then. This theory can be applied (and most time found) to EVERY ELVIS RARE ITEM.

2) who sells shrinks can take same shrinks from OTHER LP's (and/or EP's) from same era and transfer them to the Elvis LP (and/or EP) they are going to sell. That's an other their strategy.

My advice: DO NOT buy MINT and/or SEALED Elvis items. Never.

As for shrinks, be very careful.

And , of course, forget and DO NOT buy :

- XMAS GOLD FOIL LOC-1035
- ALOHA CHICKEN OF THE SEA
- COLORED LP's & EP's
- THIS IS MY LIFE cartoon cover

Watch out also of Palm Sunday's LPs & MY BOY (Good Times LP) stickers. - GOLD 4 BONUS PHOTO ...and other Bonus Photos as well...


This is an original Gold 4 Bonus Photo 8) , had in my collection a fake one with a scratch under Elvis chin and this has not. Bought it from the nephew of a former secretary of Elvis. Paid a lot of money because he was a trusted seller!. Bye for now :smt006.

Image
LSP-3921 ELVIS´GOLD RECORDS VOL 4


Hello Mike,

these are the main points to consider in order to identify if your photo (Gold 4 Bonus) and/or others are genuine or are not :

1- original MUST BE IDENTICAL to the SPEEDWAY BONUS PHOTO ! It MUST HAVE GLOSSY BORDERS / EDGES (the white borders OUTSIDE the Elvis image).

2- original MUST HAVE the SAME STRUCTURE of the Speedway photo. SAME heavy stock paper.

3- the Elvis autograph fac-simile MUST BE printed AND NOT EMBOSSED anyway.

4- original got not that shiny letterings on rear, neither that flashy blue color on the blue boxes.

On contrary:

1- fakes were made on lighter /softer matt stock paper

2- fakes got NO glossy borders

3- some fakes got EMBOSSED Elvis autograph on front due to reprint laser printing processing used by counterfeiters to reproduce this Bonus Photo.

4- fakes have quite general flashy/shiny effect on both lettering and blue boxes on rear.

Hope this helps.


You should add that if the picture has a very tiny scratch under Elvis chin it is fake because the maker made copies of an original with a scratch on there. :shock:. Hope this help as well :wink:. Bye for now :smt006.

Re: FAKE "Most Talked About" US double Ep from same seller !

Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:30 am

Mike Windgren wrote:Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Hound Dog 2000 wrote:Here I used the Paul Combs samples taken from his original copy.

That's a great sample in order to identify the original WH sticker.

As you can see...red color is the right one.

And, very important: the TOP is POINTED .....and NOT rounded.

It is on light paper, not much glossy. Quite stock, semi.matt paper.


That's exactly how mine looks like 8). Thank you!. Bye for now :smt006.


But isn't your sticker's top more rounded...? Anyway, your's looks like an original. I can't see big difference.

Re: FAKE "Most Talked About" US double Ep from same seller !

Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:36 am

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Albert Goldman wrote:
Mike Windgren wrote:Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Hound Dog 2000 wrote:Here I used the Paul Combs samples taken from his original copy.

That's a great sample in order to identify the original WH sticker.

As you can see...red color is the right one.

And, very important: the TOP is POINTED .....and NOT rounded.

It is on light paper, not much glossy. Quite stock, semi.matt paper.


That's exactly how mine looks like 8). Thank you!. Bye for now :smt006.


But isn't your sticker's top more rounded...? Anyway, your's looks like an original. I can't see big difference.


To me the example he put has also a little bit of rounded on top :wink:. Bye for now :smt006.

Re: Bonus Photo GOLD 4 US LP

Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:53 am

Mike Windgren wrote:Hi there!! :D :D :D.
Hound Dog 2000 wrote:
Mike Windgren wrote:Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Hound Dog 2000 wrote:
Mike Windgren wrote:Hi there!! :D :D :D.

EPA4368 wrote:Like I posted earlier about my fake Santa Calendar, it took me almost three years to find an original to make the comparison. It was amazing how many other collectors also had a fake and were totally convince they had an original. I spent a lot of money to find out I bought a fake. But it was my fault. I should've done more research before buying it.


I have this calender that is related to LPM-2621 Girls! Girls! Girls!, bought it last year on ebay from a trusted seller, didn´t pay too much :lol: and it is in Near Mint condition. After doing some research and reading the website that explains the difference between the original and the fake, I am still not sure if mine is fake!. I think until I have an original in front of me to spot the difference I will not know :cry:. Bye for now :smt006.

Image
LPM-2621 Girls! Girls! Girls!


Here can't help much Mike. I do not collect Parker related items as I never liked Col Parker and did not want to have any image of him in my collection.
I got the regular Calendar with the LP's publicity on rear if I remind well.

Just to continue the previous discussion about the WH sticker, take in consideration the following aspects too:

1) counterfeiters had to keep for them very "micro-secrets" in order to distinguish themselves original items FROM fake items. In few words: when they counterfeit something, they always leave something DIFFERENT from the ORIGINAL as well. Perhaps, in case of the WH stkr, they made the ROUNDED TOP on purpose ! In order for them to identify these one from originals then. This theory can be applied (and most time found) to EVERY ELVIS RARE ITEM.

2) who sells shrinks can take same shrinks from OTHER LP's (and/or EP's) from same era and transfer them to the Elvis LP (and/or EP) they are going to sell. That's an other their strategy.

My advice: DO NOT buy MINT and/or SEALED Elvis items. Never.

As for shrinks, be very careful.

And , of course, forget and DO NOT buy :

- XMAS GOLD FOIL LOC-1035
- ALOHA CHICKEN OF THE SEA
- COLORED LP's & EP's
- THIS IS MY LIFE cartoon cover

Watch out also of Palm Sunday's LPs & MY BOY (Good Times LP) stickers. - GOLD 4 BONUS PHOTO ...and other Bonus Photos as well...


This is an original Gold 4 Bonus Photo 8) , had in my collection a fake one with a scratch under Elvis chin and this has not. Bought it from the nephew of a former secretary of Elvis. Paid a lot of money because he was a trusted seller!. Bye for now :smt006.

Image
LSP-3921 ELVIS´GOLD RECORDS VOL 4


Hello Mike,

these are the main points to consider in order to identify if your photo (Gold 4 Bonus) and/or others are genuine or are not :

1- original MUST BE IDENTICAL to the SPEEDWAY BONUS PHOTO ! It MUST HAVE GLOSSY BORDERS / EDGES (the white borders OUTSIDE the Elvis image).

2- original MUST HAVE the SAME STRUCTURE of the Speedway photo. SAME heavy stock paper.

3- the Elvis autograph fac-simile MUST BE printed AND NOT EMBOSSED anyway.

4- original got not that shiny letterings on rear, neither that flashy blue color on the blue boxes.

On contrary:

1- fakes were made on lighter /softer matt stock paper

2- fakes got NO glossy borders

3- some fakes got EMBOSSED Elvis autograph on front due to reprint laser printing processing used by counterfeiters to reproduce this Bonus Photo.

4- fakes have quite general flashy/shiny effect on both lettering and blue boxes on rear.

Hope this helps.


You should add that if the picture has a very tiny scratch under Elvis chin it is fake because the maker made copies of an original with a scratch on there. :shock:. Hope this help as well :wink:. Bye for now :smt006.


But everyone already knew that Mike ! As well the brown color fade on top Elvis' head....Just open Presleyana and read it.

I wanted report WHAT the guide DOES NOT say.

And honestly....what that book says is VERY VERY LITTLE. The book SHOULD have written exactly what I stated above in order to give collectors the MOST ACCURATE info and avoid fakes.

Chins..and brown colors...are NOT enough.

Re: FAKE "Most Talked About" US double Ep from same seller !

Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:56 am

Mike Windgren wrote:Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Albert Goldman wrote:
Mike Windgren wrote:Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Hound Dog 2000 wrote:Here I used the Paul Combs samples taken from his original copy.

That's a great sample in order to identify the original WH sticker.

As you can see...red color is the right one.

And, very important: the TOP is POINTED .....and NOT rounded.

It is on light paper, not much glossy. Quite stock, semi.matt paper.


That's exactly how mine looks like 8). Thank you!. Bye for now :smt006.


But isn't your sticker's top more rounded...? Anyway, your's looks like an original. I can't see big difference.


To me the example he put has also a little bit of rounded on top :wink:. Bye for now :smt006.


Yes, but JUST LITTLE BIT.

Not like the BLR's one or similar.

ONE THING: the PINK version of this sticker is FAKE. Paul Combs will be updating this soon I suppose.

Re: Bonus Photo GOLD 4 US LP

Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:33 am

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Hound Dog 2000 wrote:
Mike Windgren wrote:Hi there!! :D :D :D.
Hound Dog 2000 wrote:
Mike Windgren wrote:Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Hound Dog 2000 wrote:
Mike Windgren wrote:Hi there!! :D :D :D.

EPA4368 wrote:Like I posted earlier about my fake Santa Calendar, it took me almost three years to find an original to make the comparison. It was amazing how many other collectors also had a fake and were totally convince they had an original. I spent a lot of money to find out I bought a fake. But it was my fault. I should've done more research before buying it.


I have this calender that is related to LPM-2621 Girls! Girls! Girls!, bought it last year on ebay from a trusted seller, didn´t pay too much :lol: and it is in Near Mint condition. After doing some research and reading the website that explains the difference between the original and the fake, I am still not sure if mine is fake!. I think until I have an original in front of me to spot the difference I will not know :cry:. Bye for now :smt006.

Image
LPM-2621 Girls! Girls! Girls!


Here can't help much Mike. I do not collect Parker related items as I never liked Col Parker and did not want to have any image of him in my collection.
I got the regular Calendar with the LP's publicity on rear if I remind well.

Just to continue the previous discussion about the WH sticker, take in consideration the following aspects too:

1) counterfeiters had to keep for them very "micro-secrets" in order to distinguish themselves original items FROM fake items. In few words: when they counterfeit something, they always leave something DIFFERENT from the ORIGINAL as well. Perhaps, in case of the WH stkr, they made the ROUNDED TOP on purpose ! In order for them to identify these one from originals then. This theory can be applied (and most time found) to EVERY ELVIS RARE ITEM.

2) who sells shrinks can take same shrinks from OTHER LP's (and/or EP's) from same era and transfer them to the Elvis LP (and/or EP) they are going to sell. That's an other their strategy.

My advice: DO NOT buy MINT and/or SEALED Elvis items. Never.

As for shrinks, be very careful.

And , of course, forget and DO NOT buy :

- XMAS GOLD FOIL LOC-1035
- ALOHA CHICKEN OF THE SEA
- COLORED LP's & EP's
- THIS IS MY LIFE cartoon cover

Watch out also of Palm Sunday's LPs & MY BOY (Good Times LP) stickers. - GOLD 4 BONUS PHOTO ...and other Bonus Photos as well...


This is an original Gold 4 Bonus Photo 8) , had in my collection a fake one with a scratch under Elvis chin and this has not. Bought it from the nephew of a former secretary of Elvis. Paid a lot of money because he was a trusted seller!. Bye for now :smt006.

Image
LSP-3921 ELVIS´GOLD RECORDS VOL 4


Hello Mike,

these are the main points to consider in order to identify if your photo (Gold 4 Bonus) and/or others are genuine or are not :

1- original MUST BE IDENTICAL to the SPEEDWAY BONUS PHOTO ! It MUST HAVE GLOSSY BORDERS / EDGES (the white borders OUTSIDE the Elvis image).

2- original MUST HAVE the SAME STRUCTURE of the Speedway photo. SAME heavy stock paper.

3- the Elvis autograph fac-simile MUST BE printed AND NOT EMBOSSED anyway.

4- original got not that shiny letterings on rear, neither that flashy blue color on the blue boxes.

On contrary:

1- fakes were made on lighter /softer matt stock paper

2- fakes got NO glossy borders

3- some fakes got EMBOSSED Elvis autograph on front due to reprint laser printing processing used by counterfeiters to reproduce this Bonus Photo.

4- fakes have quite general flashy/shiny effect on both lettering and blue boxes on rear.

Hope this helps.


You should add that if the picture has a very tiny scratch under Elvis chin it is fake because the maker made copies of an original with a scratch on there. :shock:. Hope this help as well :wink:. Bye for now :smt006.


But everyone already knew that Mike ! As well the brown color fade on top Elvis' head....Just open Presleyana and read it.

I wanted report WHAT the guide DOES NOT say.

And honestly....what that book says is VERY VERY LITTLE. The book SHOULD have written exactly what I stated above in order to give collectors the MOST ACCURATE info and avoid fakes.

Chins..and brown colors...are NOT enough.


Yes Sir!, I agree this is the way it should have been described smt125. Bye for now :smt006.

Re: FAKE "Most Talked About" US double Ep from same seller !

Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:44 am

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Hound Dog 2000 wrote:
Mike Windgren wrote:Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Albert Goldman wrote:
Mike Windgren wrote:Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Hound Dog 2000 wrote:Here I used the Paul Combs samples taken from his original copy.

That's a great sample in order to identify the original WH sticker.

As you can see...red color is the right one.

And, very important: the TOP is POINTED .....and NOT rounded.

It is on light paper, not much glossy. Quite stock, semi.matt paper.


That's exactly how mine looks like 8). Thank you!. Bye for now :smt006.


But isn't your sticker's top more rounded...? Anyway, your's looks like an original. I can't see big difference.


To me the example he put has also a little bit of rounded on top :wink:. Bye for now :smt006.


Yes, but JUST LITTLE BIT.

Not like the BLR's one or similar.

ONE THING: the PINK version of this sticker is FAKE. Paul Combs will be updating this soon I suppose.


Sir!, I put my copy against the one that you posted and all the description match that example, except maybe a very little more rounded on top :wink:. But it match the red colour, semi-matt paper, not too glossy, light paper etc. So that´s why I am now 99% sure that mine is original 8). Thank you for all the tips ::rocks. Bye the way who is Paul Combs?. Bye for now :smt006.

Re: FAKE "Most Talked About" US double Ep from same seller !

Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:18 pm

Sir!, I put my copy against the one that you posted and all the description match that example, except maybe a very little more rounded on top :wink:. But it match the red colour, semi-matt paper, not too glossy, light paper etc. So that´s why I am now 99% sure that mine is original 8). Thank you for all the tips ::rocks. Bye the way who is Paul Combs?. Bye for now :smt006.


Hola Mike,

Paul Combs can be found here :

http://www.elvisrecords.us/

He's making a great job with the Elvis US discography. Hope he will add a dedicated chapter (along with nice comments & explanations in details) to HOW identifying EVERY RARE Elvis US stuff.

That's gotta be better than presleyana.

Good: you got the right WH sticker ! That's fine.

Re: FAKE "Most Talked About" US double Ep from same seller !

Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:50 pm

Hi Hound Dog 2000!! :D :D :D.

Hound Dog 2000 wrote:
Sir!, I put my copy against the one that you posted and all the description match that example, except maybe a very little more rounded on top :wink:. But it match the red colour, semi-matt paper, not too glossy, light paper etc. So that´s why I am now 99% sure that mine is original 8). Thank you for all the tips ::rocks. Bye the way who is Paul Combs?. Bye for now :smt006.


Hola Mike,

Paul Combs can be found here :

http://www.elvisrecords.us/

He's making a great job with the Elvis US discography. Hope he will add a dedicated chapter (along with nice comments & explanations in details) to HOW identifying EVERY RARE Elvis US stuff.

That's gotta be better than presleyana.

Good: you got the right WH sticker ! That's fine.


Hola amigo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

I check that website often it is great! 8). Thank you for the info. Bye for now :smt006.

Re: FAKE "Most Talked About" US double Ep from same seller !

Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:16 pm

Hound Dog 2000 wrote:
Sir!, I put my copy against the one that you posted and all the description match that example, except maybe a very little more rounded on top :wink:. But it match the red colour, semi-matt paper, not too glossy, light paper etc. So that´s why I am now 99% sure that mine is original 8). Thank you for all the tips ::rocks. Bye the way who is Paul Combs?. Bye for now :smt006.


Hola Mike,

Paul Combs can be found here :

http://www.elvisrecords.us/

He's making a great job with the Elvis US discography. Hope he will add a dedicated chapter (along with nice comments & explanations in details) to HOW identifying EVERY RARE Elvis US stuff.

That's gotta be better than presleyana.

Good: you got the right WH sticker ! That's fine.


Hound Dog 2000, You deserve a lot of credit for trying to help us Elvis fans avoid buying fakes. Thank You! :smt023

Sean O' Neal will also be posting information about fake "Wooden Heart" stickers on his website too.

Is It Real: http://www.elvispresleyblvd.com/avoidfake.html

Re: FAKE "Most Talked About" US double Ep from same seller !

Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:52 am

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

This rarity has been part of my collection for the last 2 years. Bought it on ebay from a Canadian dealer, didn´t pay too much but I am not sure if it is original :?.

It contains two songs lifted directly from the original movie soundtrack and they are: Girl Happy and Spring Fever (the version with the girls from the movie) 8).

Matrix numbers are stamped on the run-off the record and it came with the original MGM inner sleeve. Any clue what´s the origin of this record?. Thank you!. Bye for now :smt006.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Re: FAKE "Most Talked About" US double Ep from same seller !

Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:15 pm

Mike Windgren wrote:Hi there!! :D :D :D.

This rarity has been part of my collection for the last 2 years. Bought it on ebay from a Canadian dealer, didn´t pay too much but I am not sure if it is original :?.

It contains two songs lifted directly from the original movie soundtrack and they are: Girl Happy and Spring Fever (the version with the girls from the movie) 8).

Matrix numbers are stamped on the run-off the record and it came with the original MGM inner sleeve. Any clue what´s the origin of this record?. Thank you!. Bye for now :smt006.

Image

Image

Image

Image



As far as I know such these are all FAR EAST releases Mike, from countries like Thailand...Taiwan...Korea....Malaysia...etc...

This MGM sounds quite a Thai 45.

Anyway: not an official US release.

Do you remember also the GI BLUES EP ? Many thought it was a legit US release. It is a boot made in Thai indeed.

Re: FAKE "Most Talked About" US double Ep from same seller !

Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:10 pm

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Hound Dog 2000 wrote:
Mike Windgren wrote:Hi there!! :D :D :D.

This rarity has been part of my collection for the last 2 years. Bought it on ebay from a Canadian dealer, didn´t pay too much but I am not sure if it is original :?.

It contains two songs lifted directly from the original movie soundtrack and they are: Girl Happy and Spring Fever (the version with the girls from the movie) 8).

Matrix numbers are stamped on the run-off the record and it came with the original MGM inner sleeve. Any clue what´s the origin of this record?. Thank you!. Bye for now :smt006.

Image

Image

Image

Image



As far as I know such these are all FAR EAST releases Mike, from countries like Thailand...Taiwan...Korea....Malaysia...etc...

This MGM sounds quite a Thai 45.

Anyway: not an official US release.

Do you remember also the GI BLUES EP ? Many thought it was a legit US release. It is a boot made in Thai indeed.


Yes, I remember that EP, but the seller a worldwide known Elvis vinyl collector stated it was original :shock:. Thank you for the explanation on my Girl Happy single, fake or not I will never sell it because I think it's cool 8). Bye now :smt006.

Re: FAKE "Most Talked About" US double Ep from same seller !

Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:07 pm

why do these guys try to fool others into thinking they are getting a rarity

Re: FAKE "Most Talked About" US double Ep from same seller !

Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:30 pm

ericthevid wrote:why do these guys try to fool others into thinking they are getting a rarity


The more rare an item, the more money it will bring. Many of these sellers know some items are extremely rare and finding an original to make a comparison is going to be difficult. Unfortunately some of these sellers selling fakes also provided images of their fake items to price guides and websites. Unless you have an original to make a comparison, you might be comparing a fake with another fake.

Re: FAKE "Most Talked About" US double Ep from same seller !

Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:33 pm

GREAT Topic! ::rocks

Re: FAKE "Most Talked About" US double Ep from same seller !

Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:48 pm

Wow I want to thank you all for this info on fake Elvis items. I have been collecting for 35 years and to be honest, dealers like these just make me want to say “To heck with collecting Elvis stuff.” It leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I had no idea that there are fake calendars for Girls, Girls, Girls. As far as Lichter goes I have had dealings with him and he tried to sell me a fake Gold records vol 4 bonus pic. When I called him on it he sent me (what now appears to be a fake) Girls Girls Girls Santa Calendar. Every now and again I will buy something (nothing rare of expensive) from him hoping he will turn over a new leaf and he disappoints me everytime. 8 months ago I bought the Elvis 1969 book. Assumed it was new, but he sent me one that had obviously been used and when I went back to look at the auction I noticed he left the condition space blank (may fault for not looking) :cry: . Another thing that cracks me up about this guy is that he sells “sealed” 45 Extended Plays, but seems to know that there is an orange label inside this “sealed” EP. Either he resealed the record, or is just guessing that there is an orange label copy inside, or he has ex-ray vision. Another weird thing happened about 5 years ago. I came across a copy of “Kissin Cousins” mono dynagroove and purchased it. When I contacted lichter he tried to tell me that one in every forty copies was pressed with this label :roll: . I don’t know if he thought telling me this would make me turn around and sell it to him for cheap or what, but after years of research on this label variation I know of five that exist. I stay away from Lichter. Finally he keeps touting a “I Got Stung” sleeve that has a picture of Elvis shipping out attached to it. Since no other sleeves like this have ever been found I have come to question the authenticity of the one he owns. My guess is that it is not an official RCA release (I don't know this for a fact - I am just guessing). :smt006

Re: FAKE "Most Talked About" US double Ep from same seller !

Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:46 pm

elvisrocks2004 wrote:Wow I want to thank you all for this info on fake Elvis items. I have been collecting for 35 years and to be honest, dealers like these just make me want to say “To heck with collecting Elvis stuff.” It leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I had no idea that there are fake calendars for Girls, Girls, Girls. As far as Lichter goes I have had dealings with him and he tried to sell me a fake Gold records vol 4 bonus pic. When I called him on it he sent me (what now appears to be a fake) Girls Girls Girls Santa Calendar. Every now and again I will buy something (nothing rare of expensive) from him hoping he will turn over a new leaf and he disappoints me everytime. 8 months ago I bought the Elvis 1969 book. Assumed it was new, but he sent me one that had obviously been used and when I went back to look at the auction I noticed he left the condition space blank (may fault for not looking) :cry: . Another thing that cracks me up about this guy is that he sells “sealed” 45 Extended Plays, but seems to know that there is an orange label inside this “sealed” EP. Either he resealed the record, or is just guessing that there is an orange label copy inside, or he has ex-ray vision. Another weird thing happened about 5 years ago. I came across a copy of “Kissin Cousins” mono dynagroove and purchased it. When I contacted lichter he tried to tell me that one in every forty copies was pressed with this label :roll: . I don’t know if he thought telling me this would make me turn around and sell it to him for cheap or what, but after years of research on this label variation I know of five that exist. I stay away from Lichter. Finally he keeps touting a “I Got Stung” sleeve that has a picture of Elvis shipping out attached to it. Since no other sleeves like this have ever been found I have come to question the authenticity of the one he owns. My guess is that it is not an official RCA release (I don't know this for a fact - I am just guessing). :smt006



This guy has been pulling these stunts for over 40 years. I am not sure anything he sells is what he says it is. And he will also tell you he was Elvis' friend, but I have never seen a picture of them together except a cartoon drawing he had made up. It is amazing he has gotten away with this stuff without having the living crap beaten out of him by a crazed collector.

Re: FAKE "Most Talked About" US double Ep from same seller !

Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:49 am

http://www.elvisrecords.us/lsp-2256-g-i-blues/ read this full page,this is the best site for info on EP records.

Re: FAKE "Most Talked About" US double Ep from same seller !

Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:01 am

Great Topic

omg- Dreadful behaviour Indeed
- Ty Hound Dog 2000 for warning - Some people on ebay do try their luck -
Fans - please beware of this fakeseller on Ebay that HoundDog has warned us about ,
who wants ya hard earned cash for some dodgy Elvis Items -
I certainly won't be be buyin from him on Ebay -
::rocks

Re: FAKE "Most Talked About" US double Ep from same seller !

Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:06 am

Your surprised he hasn’t had the living crap beat out of him I can’t believe he has never been in trouble for fraud or sued. I dealt with him once in the 1980’s. I bought a Baby lets play house sun for $200 and it did have push marks but I still wasn’t happy with the condition. When I called to complain about it he told me that I needed to contact him in advance and work a deal out over the phone, that way I would know what I was getting and he would charge accordingly. He also stated that I couldn’t return the record, and to make it up to me he would sell me a 1977 promo pressing of Elvis is Back for $75. :shock: Needless to say I declined. I didn’t do any biz with him until 2003 on eBay. It has been 8 months since I did biz with him and I plan to stay away. Can anyone tell me what the deal with Rick (BLrecords on ebay)? I have seen a couple weird records up for sale in the last year or so. One was a 78 of Jailhouse Rock on some label other than RCA (doubt RCA would allow that). He also had a weird copy of the Tickle Me EP. It had a 33 1/3 hole instead of 45 and did not have nipper on it. When I first saw it I thought it was an Israeli pressing, but it was stamped made in USA. People on other blogs have been telling me that it was some kind of counterfeit or bootleg pressing?? :? One last thing about Lichter – I used to get his mail order catalog in the 1980’s and I remember he had the blonde wig Elvis wore in Kissin Cousins for $200. This wig was in the catalog for years. I wonder how many of those wigs he sold. Any thoughts??

Finally there is one picture of Paul and Elvis that I have seen, but Marty Lacker claims it is fake. I think Paul was a pupil of Colonel Parker – he sure does biz the same way.

Re: FAKE "Most Talked About" US double Ep from same seller !

Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:45 am

elvisrocks2004 wrote:Your surprised he hasn’t had the living crap beat out of him I can’t believe he has never been in trouble for fraud or sued. I dealt with him once in the 1980’s. I bought a Baby lets play house sun for $200 and it did have push marks but I still wasn’t happy with the condition. When I called to complain about it he told me that I needed to contact him in advance and work a deal out over the phone, that way I would know what I was getting and he would charge accordingly. He also stated that I couldn’t return the record, and to make it up to me he would sell me a 1977 promo pressing of Elvis is Back for $75. :shock: Needless to say I declined. I didn’t do any biz with him until 2003 on eBay. It has been 8 months since I did biz with him and I plan to stay away. Can anyone tell me what the deal with Rick (BLrecords on ebay)? I have seen a couple weird records up for sale in the last year or so. One was a 78 of Jailhouse Rock on some label other than RCA (doubt RCA would allow that). He also had a weird copy of the Tickle Me EP. It had a 33 1/3 hole instead of 45 and did not have nipper on it. When I first saw it I thought it was an Israeli pressing, but it was stamped made in USA. People on other blogs have been telling me that it was some kind of counterfeit or bootleg pressing?? :? One last thing about Lichter – I used to get his mail order catalog in the 1980’s and I remember he had the blonde wig Elvis wore in Kissin Cousins for $200. This wig was in the catalog for years. I wonder how many of those wigs he sold. Any thoughts??

Finally there is one picture of Paul and Elvis that I have seen, but Marty Lacker claims it is fake. I think Paul was a pupil of Colonel Parker – he sure does biz the same way.


Hello,

yes I agree.

Luckily, times & life have changed a lot from 80's !

We didn't have Internet at that time . All you could do, was to order through a paper catalogue and make your order by letter and/or fax.

That era and collecting approach are definitively over.

Now: we got a good weapon to fight fraudolent sellers...auctions...etc... We got the chance to exchange scans-info-data all over the world at the speed of the light ! That's why so important cooperation among collectors in order to avoid to be frauded by bogus Elvis items been sold on the net.

Smell fraud-bogus ? Well, list your doubts here and LET'S HOUND IT ALL !

LAST BUT NOT LEAST: make you all a YOUR DATABASE with AS MUCH 100% ORIGINAL Elvis TOP RARE US releases you can collect in, just scans is OK. That's very important when you need to take them from your database for comparisons & exchanging data with other collectors.

e.g.: I see a rare Elvis US record but need to be sure it is genuine before make up my mind and purchase it. Well, I call (or email) an other collector and ask the sample (scan) from his/her database which I'm sure it is 100% original to compare with. Very easy folks.

Be sure to collect in your database BIG SCANS as much DETAILED as possible.

BEAR IN MIND ALSO: collecting guides are quite USELESS. Use your brain rather than counting on such guides only. AND IF, you want to count on guides only anyway, USE GUIDES from 80's to 1998 ONLY.
From 2000 onwards...Elvis guides have been widely CONTAMINATED by bogus items and bit misleading info.

Re: FAKE "Most Talked About" US double Ep from same seller !

Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:45 pm

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

O.K, here we go again. Elvis vinyl experts :wink:, please let us know if the next auction on ebay is the real deal. Thanks!. Bye for now :smt006.

Image

Image

http://www.ebay.com/itm/390553156574?ss ... 1436.l2649

Re: FAKE "Most Talked About" US double Ep from same seller !

Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:36 pm

^ ^ Ooh, another one! I thought these were pretty rare these days, but they seem to be readily available on eBay.