Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: FAKE "Most Talked About" US double Ep from same seller !

Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:48 am

EPA4368 wrote:
Tony.. wrote:
EPA4368 wrote:
Tony.. wrote:Here's another one with sticker. This seller (blrecords) appears to have many premium records on sale all the time. Anyone know who he / she is?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Elvis-G-I-Blu ... 5aec0cce3d

Mike Windgren posted this seller's G.I. Blues with sticker listing earlier. It's on this thread. I've bought from Rick (birecords) many times over the years, didn't have any issues with any of the items but none were rare stuff.

Unfortunately birecords has listed - sold several fake items lately.

Trying to find an original to make a comparison is extremely difficult and the sellers know it. I’ve heard from many collectors over the years, there are more fakes out than originals for many of Elvis’ rare items.

I was thinking of bidding on one of the many radio spots records he keeps listing - do you think I should take the risk then? Is he connected with Paul Lichter?

Don't know if birecords is connected with Lichter.

I know this doesn't help but without doing any research, my advice is don't bid.

Like I posted earlier about my fake Santa Calendar, it took me almost three years to find an original to make the comparison. It was amazing how many other collectors also had a fake and were totally convince they had an original. I spent a lot of money to find out I bought a fake. But it was my fault. I should've done more research before buying it.

Do not think blrecords is connected to Lichter. Lichter's ebay id is elvisuniue.com I believe and is located in Arizona. blrecords is in Washington sate. I'd stay away from both. Lichter is notorious for bogus calendars, gold record vol. 4 bonus photos and various stickers. Appears it has caught on with blrecords.

Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:09 am

r&b wrote:

Do not think blrecords is connected to Lichter. Lichter's ebay id is elvisuniue.com I believe and is located in Arizona. blrecords is in Washington sate. I'd stay away from both. Lichter is notorious for bogus calendars, gold record vol. 4 bonus photos and various stickers. Appears it has caught on with blrecords.

I believe you are right. When Lichter listed one Golden Records vol. 4 bonus photo after another (all fakes), blrecords mentioned this rip-off in one of his own item describtions.

Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:12 am

Hi Albert!! :D :D :D.

Albert Goldman wrote:Okay, here is my sticker.

As you can see, it is identical with Mike's copy. Unfortunately, mine is not in that good condition. A small piece of it has been torn. The tail of the heart is missing and it looks like it has been worn away - the missing piece has been in the same spot with ringwear. Fake or not, I think that the sticker has been in the cover of this album for a long time.

To me your Wooden Heart sticker is as original as mine! :). Bye for now :smt006.

Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:22 am

Albert Goldman wrote:
r&b wrote:

I believe you are right. When Lichter listed one Golden Records vol. 4 bonus photo after another (all fakes), blrecords mentioned this rip-off in one of his own item describtions.

Yes they gold 4 bonus photos (and 1957 Christmas cards) started appearing regularly. When I sent a question to him (Lichter) asking if it was an original, his response back was 'It is mint' lol

Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:15 am

Mike Windgren wrote:Hi Albert!! :D :D :D.

As you can see, it is identical with Mike's copy. Unfortunately, mine is not in that good condition. A small piece of it has been torn. The tail of the heart is missing and it looks like it has been worn away - the missing piece has been in the same spot with ringwear. Fake or not, I think that the sticker has been in the cover of this album for a long time.

To me your Wooden Heart sticker is as original as mine! :). Bye for now :smt006.

At least they look older than the one that was sold today for 800 dollars!

Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:16 am

r&b wrote:
Albert Goldman wrote:
r&b wrote:

Yes they gold 4 bonus photos (and 1957 Christmas cards) started appearing regularly. When I sent a question to him (Lichter) asking if it was an original, his response back was 'It is mint' lol

The guy is a legend!

Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:24 pm

Hi Albert,

your' s GOOD.

As far as I see in scan, your's got the right proportional representation of original (I mean the measures) than the fake ones. And red background color is the right one in your's copy.

Is your rounded top ? Can't see this very well in your scan.

If your's got a rounded top, they probably made 2 different variations....really dunno know at this point of the matter.

Anyway, very hard to distinguish such stickers through only scans on eBay. Collectors are always at RISK.

Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:42 pm

Mike Windgren wrote:Hi there :D :D :D.

Albert Goldman wrote:Holy cow!!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/390507318845?ss ... 1423.l2649

I'll try to post a picture of my sticker later.

Well you know warning was not enough to keep collectors away from bidding!. :roll:. Bye for now :smt006.

Amazing it sold for $898.00.

We all tried getting the word out but like Albert said earlier, "It is sad that this seller offers once again fake items."

It would be interesting to know how much information and images Osborne used from well-known Elvis sellers selling fakes for his price Guide books.

Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:28 pm

Hound Dog 2000 wrote:

Hi Albert,

your' s GOOD.

As far as I see in scan, your's got the right proportional representation of original (I mean the measures) than the fake ones. And red background color is the right one in your's copy.

Is your rounded top ? Can't see this very well in your scan.

If your's got a rounded top, they probably made 2 different variations....really dunno know at this point of the matter.

Anyway, very hard to distinguish such stickers through only scans on eBay. Collectors are always at RISK.

Thanks!

Sorry, I realized that the picture wasn't very sharp when I posted it, but I decided to send it anyway. Yes, it has a rounded top just like Mike's sticker. I can't be 100% sure that it is original, but I think - and I sure hope - that it is. In other words, it seems that they made the original with rounded top after all.

Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:38 pm

EPA4368 wrote:
Mike Windgren wrote:Hi there :D :D :D.

Albert Goldman wrote:Holy cow!!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/390507318845?ss ... 1423.l2649

I'll try to post a picture of my sticker later.

Well you know warning was not enough to keep collectors away from bidding!. :roll:. Bye for now :smt006.

Amazing it sold for $898.00.

We all tried getting the word out but like Albert said earlier, "It is sad that this seller offers once again fake items."

It would be interesting to know how much information and images Osborne used from well-known Elvis sellers selling fakes for his price Guide books.

Osborne probably gets a lot of his information from these sellers nowadays. But, after collecting Elvis records for decades he must have seen many, many Wooden Heart -stickers during the years. This still doesn't make his guide book a bible, but there are even rarer items than this sticker, so I'd like to believe that he has a picture of the original sticker in his latest Presleyana.

But the h*ll is wrong with blrecords? His grading has always been a bit off but selling items that he must know are fakes is a different deal.

Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:39 pm

Albert Goldman wrote: Osborne probably gets a lot of his information from these sellers nowadays. But, after collecting Elvis records for decades he must have seen many, many Wooden Heart -stickers during the years. This still doesn't make his guide book a bible, but there are even rarer items than this sticker, so I'd like to believe that he has a picture of the original sticker in his latest Presleyana.

But the h*ll is wrong with blrecords? His grading has always been a bit off but selling items that he must know are fakes is a different deal.

I know it's very disappointing seeing blrecords continue to list-sell fakes.

I can recall when first learning Lichter was making-selling fakes. It's was hard to believe that one of the world's biggest selling authors of Elvis books, once called 'The World's Greatest Elvis Fan'... founded the Elvis Unique Record club in 1970 was making and selling fakes.

All we can do is get the word out when seeing fakes listed, always stressing doing research and try to learn about the seller. It might save you some big $$$$$.

Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:10 pm

EPA4368 wrote:
Albert Goldman wrote: Osborne probably gets a lot of his information from these sellers nowadays. But, after collecting Elvis records for decades he must have seen many, many Wooden Heart -stickers during the years. This still doesn't make his guide book a bible, but there are even rarer items than this sticker, so I'd like to believe that he has a picture of the original sticker in his latest Presleyana.

I can recall when first learning Lichter was making-selling fakes. It's was hard to believe that one of the world's biggest selling authors of Elvis books, once called 'The World's Greatest Elvis Fan'... founded the Elvis Unique Record club in 1970 was making and selling fakes.

All we can do is get the word out when seeing fakes listed, always stressing doing research and try to learn about the seller. It might save you some big $$$$$.

Yes ! That's what we have to do !

When you see "strange" stuff...post them here and let's try to find a common opinion on them. That would worth for us...unfortunately would NOT for many other collectors not digging enough on rare items PRIOR they're gonna buy online. Unlucky for them...they gotta be the next chickens to spill money from.

Anyway, I do not think blrecords is connected with Lichter, unless BLR's selling Lichter's items on his behalf. But I really do not think BLR is.

Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:49 am

Hound Dog 2000 wrote:
EPA4368 wrote:

Yes ! That's what we have to do !

When you see "strange" stuff...post them here and let's try to find a common opinion on them. That would worth for us...unfortunately would NOT for many other collectors not digging enough on rare items PRIOR they're gonna buy online. Unlucky for them...they gotta be the next chickens to spill money from.

Anyway, I do not think blrecords is connected with Lichter, unless BLR's selling Lichter's items on his behalf. But I really do not think BLR is.

Okay, let's keep our eyes open.

The seller of blrecords has also been selling his own collection lately. Maybe he has run out of money. The times are hard.

Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:35 am

Okay, let's keep our eyes open.

The seller of blrecords has also been selling his own collection lately. Maybe he has run out of money. The times are hard.

Everybody gonna run out of money these days Albert . Very difficult days we are living.

Yes, BLR sold his own collection or big part of it I suppose.

If you see Records Fair Conventions they got near desert ! And/or most people goes on CD's or something like that. Or buys cheap things only (re-editions..etc.)

Big sellers probably moved their collections / set-in in the online circle.

BUT:.....some sellers (I speak in general here big sellers-privates-whoever..) moved fake items as well !

So the best think is :

- let's help each other...anyone brings their own experience and opinion in here.
- leave Presleyana alone.....
- and watch out specially of the usual rare US items...EPB-1254...bonus photos...stickers...promo's ...etc..etc..

Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:04 am

Hound Dog 2000 wrote:
Everybody gonna run out of money these days Albert . Very difficult days we are living.

If you see Records Fair Conventions they got near desert ! And/or most people goes on CD's or something like that. Or buys cheap things only (re-editions..etc.)

BUT:.....some sellers (I speak in general here big sellers-privates-whoever..) moved fake items as well !

So the best think is :

- let's help each other...anyone brings their own experience and opinion in here.
- and watch out specially of the usual rare US items...EPB-1254...bonus photos...stickers...promo's ...etc..etc..

Yeah, I'm running out of money too... and Ebay doesn't help the problem...

Th next case, gentlemen. The same seller, same LSP-2256, but without the sticker:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Elvis-GI-Blue ... 5aec4189f5

What do you think? Is the cover in shrink from some later pressing or is really the original?

Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:21 am

Albert Goldman wrote:Yeah, I'm running out of money too... and Ebay doesn't help the problem...

Th next case, gentlemen. The same seller, same LSP-2256, but without the sticker:

What do you think? Is the cover in shrink from some later pressing or is really the original?

My vote is a later pressing... newer shrink-wrap type not available till '62.

Be interesting to get a close-up of the store's price sticker. Might have store's name to do some research and see if we can find more information about it.

However, it looks like a generic label...

Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:42 am

EPA4368 wrote:
Albert Goldman wrote:Yeah, I'm running out of money too... and Ebay doesn't help the problem...

Be interesting to get a close-up of the store's price sticker. Might have store's name to do some research and see if we can find more information about it.

Maybe from the 1964 pressing?

Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am

Albert Goldman wrote:
EPA4368 wrote:

Don't know how to tell the difference for covers... first mono and stereo editions, released in October 1960 also used for second (11/63) and third (10/64) editions.

Other than shrink-wrap concern... blrecords has the correct inner sleeve and Living Stereo record that early copies came with. If it was me, I'd place a bid but keep it low.

Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:43 am

EPA4368 wrote:
Albert Goldman wrote:
EPA4368 wrote:

Don't know how to tell the difference for covers... first mono and stereo editions, released in October 1960 also used for second (11/63) and third (10/64) editions.

Other than shrink-wrap concern... blrecords has the correct inner sleeve and Living Stereo record that early copies came with. If it was me, I'd place a bid but keep it low.

I'm looking for a nm upgrade of this record, but I don't think I'll bid on this one. I'd like to have it 100% original.

Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:05 am

Albert Goldman wrote: I'm looking for a nm upgrade of this record, but I don't think I'll bid on this one. I'd like to have it 100% original.

It's hard to know for sure when some of Elvis' covers were printed. I met other collectors at record conventions who worked at RCA say… they usually had an overstock of covers and the reason for some covers printed years after the original released date having the same artwork as the early ones, because it took years for the artwork to be updated. A lot of Collectors mention you also need to know how the cardboard stock feels to help tell when it was printed. I think a good example of artwork taking years to be updated is “Elvis For Everyone” both LPM and LSP versions. I’m sure there is more but EFE was brought up a lot at conventions.

Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:25 pm

Albert Goldman wrote:
Hound Dog 2000 wrote:

So the best think is :

Yeah, I'm running out of money too... and Ebay doesn't help the problem...

Uhmmm....I do not know really Albert.

But I WOULD NOT advice to buy it !

Shrinks that tight were used from 1962-63 onwards as far as I know.

But could be a chance were shop-owners to SEAL the stuff they got in the shop. Very remote possibility anyway.

See my next message: a notorious japanese seller is selling US fakes on eBay.

Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:32 pm

EPA4368 wrote:
Albert Goldman wrote: I'm looking for a nm upgrade of this record, but I don't think I'll bid on this one. I'd like to have it 100% original.

It's hard to know for sure when some of Elvis' covers were printed. I met other collectors at record conventions who worked at RCA say… they usually had an overstock of covers and the reason for some covers printed years after the original released date having the same artwork as the early ones, because it took years for the artwork to be updated. A lot of Collectors mention you also need to know how the cardboard stock feels to help tell when it was printed. I think a good example of artwork taking years to be updated is “Elvis For Everyone” both LPM and LSP versions. I’m sure there is more but EFE was brought up a lot at conventions.

Right, sometimes it is impossible to know which year the cover was printed. And I too have heard stories that old covers were used with new pressings. But now that I know for certain that this cover is not the one that came with the record, I'll pass this one.

Thank you both!

Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:34 pm

WATCH OUT : eBay user id "F227" from Japan is selling some US singles coupled with FAKE PICTURE SLEEVES !

http://www.ebay.it/itm/Elvis-Presley-19 ... 460accedfb

As you can see: great examples on HOW foxy sellers can reproduced Picture Sleeves using modern technology and fraud non-expert collectors.

See the LPM-1254 one ? He quite reproduced the EPB-1254 DJ SLEEVE there !

The other one : seems quite as well the other C&W Bullettin fake PS included in the last Presleyana....

Terrible times are these for honest Elvis fans & collectors. So be very careful.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:28 am

Here I used the Paul Combs samples taken from his original copy.

That's a great sample in order to identify the original WH sticker.

As you can see...red color is the right one.

And, very important: the TOP is POINTED .....and NOT rounded.

It is on light paper, not much glossy. Quite stock, semi.matt paper.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Bonus Photo GOLD 4 US LP

Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:38 am

Mike Windgren wrote:Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Hound Dog 2000 wrote:
Mike Windgren wrote:Hi there!! :D :D :D.

EPA4368 wrote:Like I posted earlier about my fake Santa Calendar, it took me almost three years to find an original to make the comparison. It was amazing how many other collectors also had a fake and were totally convince they had an original. I spent a lot of money to find out I bought a fake. But it was my fault. I should've done more research before buying it.

I have this calender that is related to LPM-2621 Girls! Girls! Girls!, bought it last year on ebay from a trusted seller, didn´t pay too much :lol: and it is in Near Mint condition. After doing some research and reading the website that explains the difference between the original and the fake, I am still not sure if mine is fake!. I think until I have an original in front of me to spot the difference I will not know :cry:. Bye for now :smt006.

LPM-2621 Girls! Girls! Girls!

Here can't help much Mike. I do not collect Parker related items as I never liked Col Parker and did not want to have any image of him in my collection.
I got the regular Calendar with the LP's publicity on rear if I remind well.

Just to continue the previous discussion about the WH sticker, take in consideration the following aspects too:

1) counterfeiters had to keep for them very "micro-secrets" in order to distinguish themselves original items FROM fake items. In few words: when they counterfeit something, they always leave something DIFFERENT from the ORIGINAL as well. Perhaps, in case of the WH stkr, they made the ROUNDED TOP on purpose ! In order for them to identify these one from originals then. This theory can be applied (and most time found) to EVERY ELVIS RARE ITEM.

2) who sells shrinks can take same shrinks from OTHER LP's (and/or EP's) from same era and transfer them to the Elvis LP (and/or EP) they are going to sell. That's an other their strategy.

My advice: DO NOT buy MINT and/or SEALED Elvis items. Never.

As for shrinks, be very careful.

And , of course, forget and DO NOT buy :

- XMAS GOLD FOIL LOC-1035
- ALOHA CHICKEN OF THE SEA
- COLORED LP's & EP's
- THIS IS MY LIFE cartoon cover

Watch out also of Palm Sunday's LPs & MY BOY (Good Times LP) stickers. - GOLD 4 BONUS PHOTO ...and other Bonus Photos as well...

This is an original Gold 4 Bonus Photo 8) , had in my collection a fake one with a scratch under Elvis chin and this has not. Bought it from the nephew of a former secretary of Elvis. Paid a lot of money because he was a trusted seller!. Bye for now :smt006.

LSP-3921 ELVIS´GOLD RECORDS VOL 4

Hello Mike,

these are the main points to consider in order to identify if your photo (Gold 4 Bonus) and/or others are genuine or are not :

1- original MUST BE IDENTICAL to the SPEEDWAY BONUS PHOTO ! It MUST HAVE GLOSSY BORDERS / EDGES (the white borders OUTSIDE the Elvis image).

2- original MUST HAVE the SAME STRUCTURE of the Speedway photo. SAME heavy stock paper.

3- the Elvis autograph fac-simile MUST BE printed AND NOT EMBOSSED anyway.

4- original got not that shiny letterings on rear, neither that flashy blue color on the blue boxes.

On contrary:

1- fakes were made on lighter /softer matt stock paper

2- fakes got NO glossy borders

3- some fakes got EMBOSSED Elvis autograph on front due to reprint laser printing processing used by counterfeiters to reproduce this Bonus Photo.

4- fakes have quite general flashy/shiny effect on both lettering and blue boxes on rear.

Hope this helps.