Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Your favorite celebrity that elvis met ?

Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:11 am

Did he really ever meet John Wayne..?...I know of his son Pat.

Re: Your favorite celebrity that elvis met ?

Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:26 am

Ciscoking wrote:Did he really ever meet John Wayne..?...I know of his son Pat.


Marty Lacker was once asked this question on the old AEK lounge.

He said Elvis and us briefly met John Wayne at paramount studios during the 60s.

Re: Your favorite celebrity that elvis met ?

Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:25 am

dannyboy1 wrote:You beat me to it, denny.

Six Million Dollar Man was my favourite show as a kid, so I always liked Lee Majors. I used to run in slo-mo and everything.
So Lee Majors is still a sentimental favourite.

Of course, I could mention Bill Bixby from The Incredible Hulk. I'm sure Elvis met him on a movie set once or twice.


He's great and real cool in The Big Valley too, "Do tell"!! 8) The Six Million Dollar Man was one of my favourites!! 8)

Re: Your favorite celebrity that elvis met ?

Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:23 am

be good to start a picture thread with the stars 8)

Re: Your favorite celebrity that elvis met ?

Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:21 pm

Donna Douglas "Ellie May Clampett" ......

Re: Your favorite celebrity that elvis met ?

Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:57 pm

Sinatra

Re: Your favorite celebrity that elvis met ?

Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:08 pm

The Doc :smt003

Re: Your favorite celebrity that elvis met ?

Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:57 pm

Clint Eastwood.

Re: Your favorite celebrity that elvis met ?

Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:23 am

Led Zeppelin.

Had Elvis been home that fateful night in 1976, it would have been Bruce Springsteen.

Re: Your favorite celebrity that elvis met ?

Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:25 am

This is a good question, although I can't pick just one.

Andy Griffith
Milton Berle
Muhammad Ali
Frank Sinatra
Sammy Davis, Jr.
John Lennon
Jim Brown
James Brown
Jackie Wilson
Roy Orbison
Forrest Gump

Re: Your favorite celebrity that elvis met ?

Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:27 am

ian wrote:
dannyboy1 wrote:You beat me to it, denny.

Six Million Dollar Man was my favourite show as a kid, so I always liked Lee Majors. I used to run in slo-mo and everything.
So Lee Majors is still a sentimental favourite.

Of course, I could mention Bill Bixby from The Incredible Hulk. I'm sure Elvis met him on a movie set once or twice.


He's great and real cool in The Big Valley too, "Do tell"!! 8) The Six Million Dollar Man was one of my favourites!! 8)


Bill Bixby and Lee Majors were rumoured to be friendly with Elvis. Is this true?

Re: Your favorite celebrity that elvis met ?

Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:07 pm

I do know Elvis admired Lee alot through his connection with Barbara Stanwick [BIG VALLEY] and of course the 6 MILL DOLL MAN was huge at this time ...........

Re: Your favorite celebrity that elvis met ?

Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:24 pm

debtd1 wrote:Jimmy Saville......... :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003


:lol: This probably went over the heads of most people outside the UK. Can't imagine it's a big story worldwide.

Re: Your favorite celebrity that elvis met ?

Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:52 pm

Screaming Lord Sutch. He was a good friend of mine.

Lord Sutch_Elvis_1969.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Your favorite celebrity that elvis met ?

Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:46 pm

Jack and Marie Lord. Hawaii Five 0

Re: Your favorite celebrity that elvis met ?

Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:50 pm

I would say Ali.

Re: Your favorite celebrity that elvis met ?

Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:23 pm

dennyelvis wrote:I do know Elvis admired Lee alot through his connection with Barbara Stanwick [BIG VALLEY] and of course the 6 MILL DOLL MAN was huge at this time ...........



yes he was popular ! there was a lee majors doll ....

Image

Re: Your favorite celebrity that elvis met ?

Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:35 am

paul lichter

Re: Your favorite celebrity that elvis met ?

Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:15 am

kajsa89 wrote:
midnightx wrote:Voice

Eh...celebrity/ celebrities in Voice? Who?
Per Erik ("Pete")?
Sherriel?


Donald Duck/Kalle Anka/Anders And

Your favorite celebrity that elvis met ?

Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:35 am

Muhammad Ali who arguably has EP's "it factor" & John Lennon from a music perspective.

Re: Your favorite celebrity that elvis met ?

Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:07 pm

tcb4 wrote:
dennyelvis wrote:I do know Elvis admired Lee alot through his connection with Barbara Stanwick [BIG VALLEY] and of course the 6 MILL DOLL MAN was huge at this time ...........



yes he was popular ! there was a lee majors doll ....

Image


I had one of those. Awesome!

Re: Your favorite celebrity that elvis met ?

Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:32 pm

I would say Ali. But knowing B.B. KIng so early on is really cool!

There are quite a few others, but I don't count people he bumped into, or waved at, or who forgot they met him, or he forgot he met them, and it was really ships passing in the night kinda thing . . . but for the ones he really met, those are the top two, with quite a few others in the running.

Did he ever get a chance to meet Peter Sellers? It would be a shame if he missed out on that. It was his favorite film: Dr. Strangelove, and it's hard to imagine him not meeting him.

rjm

Re: Your favorite celebrity that elvis met ?

Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:41 pm

Rodney Dangerfield

O.S. ::rocks

Re: Your favorite celebrity that elvis met ?

Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:14 pm

Polk Salad Andy wrote:Screaming Lord Sutch. He was a good friend of mine.

Lord Sutch_Elvis_1969.jpg


So what did he tell you about Elvis?

Re: Your favorite celebrity that elvis met ?

Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:25 pm

dhornjr1 wrote:
tcb4 wrote:
dennyelvis wrote:I do know Elvis admired Lee alot through his connection with Barbara Stanwick [BIG VALLEY] and of course the 6 MILL DOLL MAN was huge at this time ...........



yes he was popular ! there was a lee majors doll ....

Image


I had one of those. Awesome!


So did i, the Karate Chop Hand, Bionic Eye, just awesome ......... but did u know Lee asked Elvis to feature in an Episode ? guess who quashed that
idea ?