Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

How much was filmed of the August 14 1970 show?

Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:34 pm

anybody knows?

Re: How much was filmed of the August 14 1970 show?

Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:02 am

I do not know how much they filmed, probably the whole show. But the main film is from behind the stage filming Elvis in the back. mostly the audience is filmed here. There is another camera in room. There are scenes where you can see the camera way up behind the orchestra. As far as i know no outtakes with the original sound. It's with audience recorded sound.

Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:22 pm

I have a letter from Denis Sanders in the attic from when I was researching for a TTWII book that didn't materialize - I'll check it when I get time. I seem to remember it pretty much explaining what was and wasn't filmed.

Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:42 pm

During "Polk salad Annie" in this performance, Elvis says to the crowd "y'all gonna be in the movies now, so smile" at the 3.55 point (on the "man in white" CD release). I always thought it ironic that probably one of the best shows from this engagement came one day AFTER they stopped filming and recording. Let's hope more material from this show surfaces.

Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:31 pm

Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man wrote:I have a letter from Denis Sanders in the attic from when I was researching for a TTWII book that didn't materialize - I'll check it when I get time. I seem to remember it pretty much explaining what was and wasn't filmed.

Please publish it ::rocks