Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Is it Now "SOLD OUT"? Boy From Tupelo book....

Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:11 pm

MaryAnn wrote:
tcbcw wrote:
MaryAnn wrote:
tcbcw wrote:
thistrain wrote:
tcbcw wrote:I ordered a copy yesterday from elvis.com.

Really? I'm surprised, I haven't seen it on their site since it disappeared weeks ago. Glad I pre-ordered my copy way back when.


Yes I was lucky. I just happened to check the site and saw it was listed again. I quickly ordered it. I checked yesterday and it was no longer listed. I have a hunch that more may be available at some point. If demand is there it would only make sense to make more available.


Please let us know when it arrives. I ordered my set the first week of September. ShopElvis botched the order (even though my online account said it had shipped). By the time their error was caught, they were out of stock. Good luck.


I will let you know when it arrives. So far it appears the order processed without any issues.


Thanks. I would appreciate it.



Got it yesterday. I guess I was really lucky to check shopelvis at just the right time last week.

Re: Is it Now "SOLD OUT"? Boy From Tupelo book....

Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:09 pm

tcbcw wrote:
MaryAnn wrote:
tcbcw wrote:
MaryAnn wrote:
tcbcw wrote:
thistrain wrote:
tcbcw wrote:I ordered a copy yesterday from elvis.com.

Really? I'm surprised, I haven't seen it on their site since it disappeared weeks ago. Glad I pre-ordered my copy way back when.


Yes I was lucky. I just happened to check the site and saw it was listed again. I quickly ordered it. I checked yesterday and it was no longer listed. I have a hunch that more may be available at some point. If demand is there it would only make sense to make more available.


Please let us know when it arrives. I ordered my set the first week of September. ShopElvis botched the order (even though my online account said it had shipped). By the time their error was caught, they were out of stock. Good luck.


I will let you know when it arrives. So far it appears the order processed without any issues.


Thanks. I would appreciate it.



Got it yesterday. I guess I was really lucky to check shopelvis at just the right time last week.


Thanks for letting us know. Yes, I do think you were lucky. Glad it worked out. Enjoy!

Re: Is it Now "SOLD OUT"? Boy From Tupelo book....

Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:23 pm

I was going to buy "A Boy From Tupelo" in the second half of last month, but every time I went onto elvis.com to order it, it was not listed anywhere on the site. I knew that elvis.com was out of stock of this title since it wasn't listed for many days. It's very unfortunate that elvis.com only had this title listed for one day this month. I'll never buy anything from a website from overseas, so elvis.com was my only chance to ever buy this FTD release. It now seems like I'll never get the opportunity to own a copy of this now extremely difficult to obtain item. I've been buying FTD releases ever since 2002 and I've spent many thousands of dollars on FTD releases. It's such a shame that FTD won't re-print this highly anticipated and very popular item. There's a huge amount of Elvis fans that would have bought this item later this year that will now never get a chance to buy it. There's no doubt in my mind that this is the best FTD release that there will ever be, but I'm very displeased and very disappointed that FTD won't re-print this item. FTD giving this highly anticipated release just a one print run is totally inexcusable and unacceptable. I'll also never order anything over the telephone either. FTD had such a ridiculous policy with this item and such an absurd policy with "Fashion For A King" which I also don't have because it only had a one print run too. FTD hasn't even bothered to re-issue the two soundboards from "Fashion For A King" and those are the only two soundboards that FTD has issued that I don't yet have.
Last edited by ElvisSacramento on Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Is it Now "SOLD OUT"? Boy From Tupelo book....

Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:39 pm

ElvisSacramento: I totally feel your pain. Like you, before BR's gesture I was aiming for a later date in order to get free from some older bills and make my pockets lighter (possibly by christmas, that way it wouldn't be such a major hit to me as it would be if I had bought it before). I now realize that my years-long wait would be for nothing because it is sold out. I can't say that I would regret it, though, because I simply couldn't throw it at my credit card back in august - it would turn to a giant snowball and I can't afford having financial problems because of an Elvis' item, even one that I've been waiting for a long time.

I didn't spend thousands of dollars on FTDs but I can understand your case and how frustrating it is... Another reason why I keep to the same point I made earlier this year: it's a shame that this is a limited collectors' release. Not everyone has the money to afford everything and anything, so I reckon that many people will be missing this package because they were aiming for a later date buy. It's a shame, really, especially after waiting for so many years for this project...
I hope you get it eventually and for a fair price - not the kind of money I saw being charged for it recently... :x

Is it Now "SOLD OUT"? Boy From Tupelo book....

Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:46 am

ElvisSacramento wrote:I'll never buy anything from a website from overseas, so elvis.com was my only chance to ever buy this FTD release. It now seems like I'll never get the opportunity to own a copy of this now extremely difficult to obtain item.

Why won't you buy from international websites? There are tried and true dealers out there, like Now Dig This and The Elvis Shop London, both in the UK, that you could have obtained this product from without hassle or worry. The Elvis Shop London still appear to have it available. If you really want one, go order it.

Re: Is it Now "SOLD OUT"? Boy From Tupelo book....

Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:58 am

Well, a few reasons one wouldn't order it from an international shop:

a) Difference in price because of currency - though I'm not sure how much is the difference between Dollars and British Pounds... For us brazilians it's 3x a Real, so that's a lot of money;
b) How much shipping may cost because of the distance (it is a heavy package, after all) - and depending, one may have to pay even more if he wishes to receive a tracking number;
c) Taxes. Again, I'm not sure how it is for north americans but you already know from me and Blue River how it is for us brazilians...

Not saying these are correct, I'm just guessing. I reckon that the situation is better for north americans when it comes to the three reasons mentioned, but it may be a factor nevertheless.

Is it Now "SOLD OUT"? Boy From Tupelo book....

Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:18 am

Yep, understood. But FTDs are European products so dealing with international dealers is part and parcel of obtaining them for a few of us. There's no FTD dealer in NZ!!

In 2012 international shopping is quite common and normal.

Re: Is it Now

Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:04 am

Matthew wrote:Yep, understood. But FTDs are European products so dealing with international dealers is part and parcel of obtaining them for a few of us. There's no FTD dealer in NZ!!

In 2012 international shopping is quite common and normal.


Yes, I hear you! Here I really have no other option (though sometimes a particular item pops up and I'm able to get it without going for international shipping) but I reckon that for north americans things may be/are different... So that's why I thought that maybe "Sacramento" had other things in mind. ShopElvis, for example (which was his case).

This being a fantastical release, I really hope that everyone is able to get it.

Is it Now "SOLD OUT"? Boy From Tupelo book....

Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:28 am

Without further input it appears Sacramento's is one of personal choice over inability - which is fine. But it is self limiting and not really FTD's fault, or problem, if that person will not obtain one now, despite some still being available.

Re: Is it Now "SOLD OUT"? Boy From Tupelo book....

Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:26 pm

If anyone is still looking for the Boy From Tupelo cd-book, Shop Elvis has it listed as available now.

Re: Is it Now "SOLD OUT"? Boy From Tupelo book....

Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:34 pm

tcbcw wrote:If anyone is still looking for the Boy From Tupelo cd-book, Shop Elvis has it listed as available now.

Great heads up! If anyone doesn't have it in the US and wants it I'd suggest pouncing on it. Use code PAYPAL10 to save an extra 10%.

Re: Is it Now "SOLD OUT"? Boy From Tupelo book....

Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:26 pm

thistrain wrote:
tcbcw wrote:If anyone is still looking for the Boy From Tupelo cd-book, Shop Elvis has it listed as available now.

Great heads up! If anyone doesn't have it in the US and wants it I'd suggest pouncing on it. Use code PAYPAL10 to save an extra 10%.


Thanks for the savings information!

Re: Is it Now "SOLD OUT"? Boy From Tupelo book....

Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:11 am

tcbcw wrote:If anyone is still looking for the Boy From Tupelo cd-book, Shop Elvis has it listed as available now.



I just checked for curiosity sake and it said there
wasn't enough inventory to fulfill your request.

So I guess it's gone again.
Last edited by iplayastrat on Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Is it Now "SOLD OUT"? Boy From Tupelo book....

Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:24 am

Hmmm... Now it's showing "coming soon"

Is there going to be another run?

Brian

Re: Is it Now "SOLD OUT"? Boy From Tupelo book....

Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:52 am

bpmod wrote: Is there going to be another run?


If not maybe FTD will treat us to Hit's Of The 70's Vol. 2.

Re: Is it Now

Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:34 am

Matthew wrote:Yep, understood. But FTDs are European products so dealing with international dealers is part and parcel of obtaining them for a few of us. There's no FTD dealer in NZ!!

In 2012 international shopping is quite common and normal.


Yes, but The Elvis Shop once rejected my debit card because the credit union it was from required me to go down there and fill out forms for "an international transaction" and I had thought everything had gone through, and it made it look like I tried to stiff them when I didn't, and it was embarrassing. (They said "perhaps your bank may ask you to . . . " And that's what it was, but the whole experience was very embarrassing.)

So I can understand.

rjm