Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: GOT IT!!! Greatest Live Hits of the 50s from M.R.S.

Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:32 am

stan from tintane wrote:
midnightx wrote:
stan from tintane wrote:There is a lot of undermining throughout the WHOLE of the Elvis world... I hear a rumour (and that's all it is) about a possible re-printing on the now SOLD OUT 'Boy from Tupelo' set...
Looks like someone at the main label has a friend doing some undermining themselves to me, and just as the MRS release is due.
Everyone (and I mean everyone on both sides) needs to grow up a little.
Touche'

The main label concerned about a cheap MRS release, so it reprints a pricey book/cd package? Yeah, that makes sense. If Sony is going to proceed with a reprint, it is due to demand and potential profits. If Sony wants to cut into MRS's small market, it could easily produce a single disc with exact or similar content. The MRS boys are the ones obsessed with FTD and undermining FTD's product; it isn't the other way around. Sony and FTD doesn't need to undermine MRS; they already have a dominant market share.

EXACTLY CORRECT, but you miss my point entirely.
I didn't say that the main label were actually doing it, I said there is a rumour saying they were, and this rumour is just to undermine the forthcoming MRS release.
Anyway, I've said enough on the topic and all I do by adding more is to perpetuate a situation where folks need to GROW UP !

Bye. :smt006

But then why even substantiate the rumor by posting such asinine logic in the first place? Clearly some, self-absorbed fan-boy of MRS thought up that bizarre rumor. Anyone can make up a rumor; why post one that defies logic?

Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:31 am

Warner Brothers owns the rights to Gale Storm's "Sunbonnet Sue". I wrote Alpha Video offering them my copy of the film if they would release it. They said they couldn't because WB owns it. WB does not plan to release it....at least not at this time. I guess we could say the same about recordings, but I fully support FTD and Sony as they are releasing the Elvis music.

Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:48 am

RonBaker2003 wrote:Warner Brothers owns the rights to Gale Storm's "Sunbonnet Sue". I wrote Alpha Video offering them my copy of the film if they would release it. They said they couldn't because WB owns it. WB does not plan to release it....at least not at this time. I guess we could say the same about recordings, but I fully support FTD and Sony as they are releasing the Elvis music.

Not sure why WB would own a monogram film? Either way, WB have stated that they plan to release every film in their vaults within ten years through the archive series, which is quite some pledge.

Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:31 am

Hope they do. Thank you for letting me know!!!

Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:42 pm

stan from tintane wrote:Did you ever stop to think how many of us here on this forum are in breach of copyright?
Don't even try to convince me that everyone has had the owners permission to post the photos and images used here, me included.
As much as I love Bugs Bunny I don't have Warner Bros permission for the use of my avatar.

:shock:

I enjoyed the cd last night and as far as I'm concerned i like it and that's all that matters to me. :D

And is "Little mama" any better in sound quality? And what else is 'new' on it?

GOT IT!!! Greatest Live Hits of the 50s from M.R.S.

Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:46 am

robg wrote:all this crap about corrupt laws and sh*t about Sony have bigger things to do than peruse these companies is total bollocks, if they break the law they will be chassed, but no is breaking any law no one is chasing anyone, and all the pathetic jibes about this is wrong and that’s wrong, is crap, until you see a court case!

This is simply not true.

Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:13 am

robg wrote:It’s not a rumour it was talked about by Ernst as he had told various FTD dealers this was probably going to happen, simply because its sold out faster than expected and a number of dealers have been asking for more copies, and Ernst said that a re-press would be done in November, but I know of a dealer still awaiting conformation of this from Ernst?

Wait a minute, the rumor stan from tintane put forth was that Ernst and Sony were considering another run of the expansive SUN set to undermine MRS. That is an absurd and illogical rumor. His position went way beyond Ernst telling dealers that the SUN set may get a second run.

Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:58 pm

For a Very Affordable Cost for Elvis Fans and maybe just for the
curious people out there of what Elvis was like in the 50's as a Live Entertainer
before he was "Crowned KING". This make's a perfect CD by MRS for everyone
really (Elvis politics a side).
All can now really own this release if they chose to do so and have most of
what was recently release on the now official "SOLD OUT" "Boy From Tupleo"....
(At a fraction of the cost, if its' just the audio that you were after)

The MRS release is actually a very nice package, w/ No Frills' (meaning No booklet included)

But, I guess all that really need's to be there this time around is the music !

Which is all here once again by "default" to "Help" promote "Elvis" in a positive and the reality,
it will and does.

As packaging is noticable in a good way and very cool looking and up to date.

Other Public Domain releases do by default "Help" promote Elvis, just as most any
Import release would do this as well. (everyone should try to keep that in mind)
PEP 8)

Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:55 pm

PEP wrote:For a Very Affordable Cost for Elvis Fans and maybe just for the
curious people out there of what Elvis was like in the 50's as a Live Entertainer

The MRS release is actually a very nice package, w/ No Frills' (meaning No booklet included)

Which is all here once again by "default" to "Help" promote "Elvis" in a positive and the reality,
it will and does.

Other Public Domain releases do by default "Help" promote Elvis, just as most any
Import release would do this as well. (everyone should try to keep that in mind)
PEP 8)

+ 1 !!!!

Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:03 am

Do we seriously need such giant quotes? :? C'mon... PEP's post was enough, no need to quote it in its entirety!

By the way, a certain Mr. Down "Tor-rent" Load gave me a chance to listen to it just out of curiosity... Seeing as I could do a direct comparison of "Tupelo" and this, it was an interesting thought.

In my personal and honest opinion there's no improvement. It might have an use for those interested in the audio from the FTD but couldn't afford it (I can understand this, totally) but as far as "huge improvements" go (that was a major point IIRC), nah. I don't even understand all the fight over that "glitch" on Little Mama as this release offers nothing much better about it. :| It still sounds like, well, a mistake/glitch - after all they're just using the CD source, not the acetate itself. Just saying that I saw much hype about this but in the end is nothing incredible. Its entire existence is useful for those who couldn't get the FTD and/or wanted a "sort of improved" rip of the I Forgot To Remember To Forget YouTube video (nothing major about the improvement).

By the way, I'm Left, You're Right, She's Gone is not the exact same thing as found on the Sun project, before someone says it is a direct rip off (the entire thing, I mean, as the "new" tracks surely came from the official material)... Instead of duplicating a verse to fill up the damaged parts, they decided to use part of the studio master (filtered to keep the consistence of the audio). It doesn't sound really bad, honestly... While there's a difference there, the duplicated portion on the book also sounds "out of place".

I hope I don't get attacked for my opinion and view. :?

Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:00 am

stan from tintane wrote:Did you ever stop to think how many of us here on this forum are in breach of copyright?
Don't even try to convince me that everyone has had the owners permission to post the photos and images used here, me included.
As much as I love Bugs Bunny I don't have Warner Bros permission for the use of my avatar.

:shock:

I enjoyed the cd last night and as far as I'm concerned i like it and that's all that matters to me. :D

I hadnt thought about pictures but you're right!

Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:10 am

Are people on this site who are posting pictures, images, and logos doing so through commercial usage? No.

Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:55 pm

Whatever it may be, listening to this cd is a joy.
And i also have the "Boy from Tupelo" set...wich i enjoyed even more then this cd.

Is it soundwise any better then before?
Sometimes it is, sometimes not...
It's nice to have it all together in a budget release, the young man on his first steps into stardom.
The live greatest hits.

Nice: yes.
Essential: no for those who have them elswhere.
But... it's a lovely little thing this cd, and at a cheap price.

Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:03 pm

Sun Hero wrote:

it will and does.

PEP 8)

+ 1 !!!!

I think we should even promote the MRS label. Why not? It's affordable for many of the younger fan generation.
Most fans can not affort them the Boy from Tupelp set....the Complete Masters set.....the FTD releases.....so yeah, let's keep promoting MRS and other public domain labels.
And I know some of you here worry about copy rights.....really?....so no one ever copied a cd....copied a photo....downloaded a song....come on guys, be realistic. Enjoy Elvis music etc without worrying about rights etc.

Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:15 pm

memphisound wrote:Looks like a piece of Sh1t to me.

Elvis cd a piece of Sh1t :shock: call yourself a fan :roll:

Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:12 pm

Sun Hero: promote it, just try to do it without quoting giant posts. It makes things terrible for others when reading and trying to follow the topic. That was my point. :wink: It's unnecessary as we all already saw the images.

Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:24 pm

Sun Hero wrote:
Sun Hero wrote:

it will and does.

PEP 8)

+ 1 !!!!

I think we should even promote the MRS label. Why not? It's affordable for many of the younger fan generation.
Most fans can not affort them the Boy from Tupelp set....the Complete Masters set.....the FTD releases.....so yeah, let's keep promoting MRS and other public domain labels.
And I know some of you here worry about copy rights.....really?....so no one ever copied a cd....copied a photo....downloaded a song....come on guys, be realistic. Enjoy Elvis music etc without worrying about rights etc.

Sorry if I upset you BillyBlues.....I'll try harder next time.... :wink:

Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:04 pm

An easier way to combat this type thing would be to offer official download of the material at a normal cost. Possibly on a short time delay from the actual CD release date. Some people don't want to spend the huge $$ on the set to get the book. Some can't. If it is a case of the music-an alternate release of just the cd's could be released at a reasonable cost to collectors.

I feel that even if you did not buy the TUPELO FTD release you have no doubt heard it. You heard a copy and in many cases a high quality copy of the material from some source.

This MRS release is probably not necessary and appeals only to those who are unaware of the FTD release or to those type collectors who MUST have every release on disc with artwork, whether official or not.

Me, the disc has no appeal to me as I have plenty of photos of Elvis and can hear the tracks whenever I wish anyway...so it falls into that ever growing pile of discs I don't need to have.

Just my opinion tho.

Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:25 am

What a pile of garbage this release is. They are lifting directly from sources they don't own the copyright to and claiming public domain.

Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:47 am

Sun Hero wrote:Sorry if I upset you BillyBlues.....I'll try harder next time.... :wink:

It's not a matter of upseting me (I'm not upset)... It's a matter of making things worse for all members. I hope you get to understand it instead of unnecessary MRS marketing (we all know who they are, what they do and their releases, really...). Don't take it as offense because that's not my point. But I think that if you want to promote them so much, you should be showing others (as in other forums or websites) that giant post. Around these parts people have deep knowledge of MRS and their activities... And it wasn't much of a problem when PEP decided to post it. The problem is the endless quoting of it, because it makes following the topic a worse experience for everyone.

Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:37 am

billyblues wrote:
Sun Hero wrote:Sorry if I upset you BillyBlues.....I'll try harder next time.... :wink:

It's not a matter of upseting me (I'm not upset)... It's a matter of making things worse for all members. I hope you get to understand it instead of unnecessary MRS marketing (we all know who they are, what they do and their releases, really...). Don't take it as offense because that's not my point. But I think that if you want to promote them so much, you should be showing others (as in other forums or websites) that giant post. Around these parts people have deep knowledge of MRS and their activities... And it wasn't much of a problem when PEP decided to post it. The problem is the endless quoting of it, because it makes following the topic a worse experience for everyone.

Sofar Billyblues you're the only one that is complaining....so it must upset you.
By the way....I'm not promoting MRS....FTD is on there too as well as other public domain releases.
Months ago we had a topic in which a certain members financial position was discussed over endless pages.... :wink: :wink: ....not Elvis releated....also a while ago one of your buddies had a loooooong signature/big picture for weeks in a row at the end of his posts...took up almost half a page....I did not hear you pointing this out once....
So....shall we go back on track and discuss MRS latest release.
I don't have it yet but hope to get it this week.
::rocks

Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:05 am

Ive always appreciated the booklets and design of the MRS issues. they are of high quality and IMO that puts them on a level above other PD companies.

Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:18 am

TheMaskedClown wrote:Ive always appreciated the booklets and design of the MRS issues. they are of high quality and IMO that puts them on a level above other PD companies.

What are PD companies?

Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:22 am

elvis-fan wrote:
TheMaskedClown wrote:Ive always appreciated the booklets and design of the MRS issues. they are of high quality and IMO that puts them on a level above other PD companies.

What are PD companies?

Companies who issue public domain songs

Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:32 am

+ 1
thank you....my point