Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Priscilla Presley; I'll Never Find Another Elvis

Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:54 pm

Thank you, Brian, I didn't knew that. To me it confirms my opinion that Ann and Linda were also the most beautiful and most intelligent girlfriends of Elvis Presley.

Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:04 pm

I agree the Linda Thompson is a saint routine needs to stop. The woman is pretty self serving in her Elvis stories, she had creative input into a bad Elvis tv movie as well which had embarassing stories in in it. she never tried to stop Elvis from buying her anything. she even spent quite a bit of his money when she left. She also cheated on him and she even ruined her face with plastic suergey too.:)

Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:10 pm

josephinebeau wrote:Guess what if you were in the same room with someone who was choking, in respiratory distress, falling, etc... you would help them right?

Not necessarily.

Depending on who it was, especially on this board, I might have to think about it for a couple of minutes before I'd lend a hand.

Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:29 pm

DEH wrote:I agree the Linda Thompson is a saint routine needs to stop. The woman is pretty self serving in her Elvis stories, she had creative input into a bad Elvis tv movie as well which had embarassing stories in in it.

I wouldn't blame her for that.

Linda Thompson may have been a consultant on that film but that doesn't mean she had creative input or final say in anything.

Hollywood is notorious for making films about real life people or real life events that are often very inaccurate.

Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:37 pm

First:I am surprised of some so called "fans " who still have the guts to blame Priscilla for the breaking-up of her marriage with Elvis.

Second: I am surprised that some girlfriends as Anne-Margaret & Linda Thompson are hailed as saviours...

Fact:
Elvis is the only one to blame for his marriage failing! PERIOD!
Elvis cheated numerous times on his wife and despite that she
knew that and forgave him, Elvis thought that sleeping around while
being married is something normal,even if you are an artist like Elvis

And after a while one can fully understand that "enough is enough"
and to leave Elvis.

Fact: Ann-Margaret was the one who broke "the news" to the media
(aka used their Likeness of each other while filming Viva Las Vegas)
to say that she would be married to Elvis. Because of that lie Elvis
almost lost Prisicilla who read this story and had to convince her that
none of that was true.

Linda Thompson was just one of the many girlfriends but one who lasted
the longest but also used Elvis his popularity the get better aka be the
"princess"besides "the King". In fact when she left him because she couldn't
take it anymore,she told the media that she would give him the best goodbye
where it hurts the most = wallet! Ain't that showing your true colors in the end.

And some "fans"inhere still wanna hail them as "better then Priscilla?"

Fact: If it was not for Priscilla! we wouldn't have Elvis his legacy where it is today.
SHE! and she only is the one who saved his legacy.not because for herself like some
like to lie about,but for the love she had for her former husband.

No Memphis Maffia, No girlfriends or some close friends who nowadays all talk how well
they knew him and close they were, his former WIFE was the one who stood up and
made Elvis his legacy what it is today and therefore saving it.

Elvis would be a proud man to see his former wife of all people who surrounded him
and he thought were his friends,that she was the one who saved his legacy.

@promiseland,Johnny2523,TheMaskedClown,TJ,Simon1,Xaykev,karlos,whatsupdoc,brian,
Jove etc.

Don't ridicule that in anyway just because you fail to see the big picture because of
your own short-minded views and personal vendetta.

Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:51 pm

moffringa wrote:Fact: If it was not for Priscilla! we wouldn't have Elvis his legacy where it is today.
SHE! and she only is the one who saved his legacy.not because for herself like some
like to lie about,but for the love she had for her former husband..

oh sweet Jesus.

Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:21 am

jacob wrote:
''Sadly, that marriage didn't work out and I have to admit we've both had problems with men over the years. We've both made some bad choices. And maybe it's because we both still live with the shadow of Elvis.

''What I mean is, any man who comes into our lives has to understand that being with us can be overwhelming. The whole world is always watching.''

There is a book even about this very shadow: In The Shadow Of The King. Priscilla, Elvis And Me (1988) by Michael Edwards. It is a puzzling piece of work! Edwards gives us plenty of details about his sex life: making love to Priscilla, cheating her with other models and getting aroused by 13 year old Lisa Marie. Elvis did not kill Mike Stone, but he sure would have killed Edwards if he had lived to read this book. Basically it is a kiss and tell book, but on the other hand it gives a little better understanding what kind of jet set life Priscilla have been able to live just because she was once married with Elvis.

Talking about bad choices and some problems with men!

Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:01 am

brian wrote:
moffringa wrote:Fact: If it was not for Priscilla! we wouldn't have Elvis his legacy where it is today.
like to lie about,but for the love she had for her former husband..

oh sweet Jesus.

I think I threw up in my mouth a little just now...

Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:18 am

I wonder WHAT would have happened IF Elvis stayed with and true and faithful to Dixie Locke.

"Look away, look away..." :wink:

Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:53 am

Priscilla saved Graceland, I will give her that, or Jack Soden, but I'm sure it was a team effort to an extent. Elvis' own artistic ability, saved his legacy.

Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:17 am

Hey, I have to say this...I have been looking at June from 1956. I sqw what she looked like now. She looks lovely better than Anita Wood! If Elvis had her the whole time, she would be a better Wife to Elvis...don't you think? I was comparing all the girlfriends he had and I really liked June J. Lovely lady! Anyone?

Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:36 am

I think Elvis was only faithful to Ginger Alden but only because he was tired and sick and not wanted to find another woman. In April 1977 he went with Alicia Kerwin in Vegas, but nothing happened. Tragically, his sad physical condition in 1977 led to this.

Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:51 am

jacob wrote: ... the 'Hound Dog' hitmaker ...

What a silly nickname for him. :shock:

jacob wrote: ... It's pointless trying to compare him to anyone ...

How true!

Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:31 am

Winston wrote:
jacob wrote: ... the 'Hound Dog' hitmaker ...

What a silly nickname for him. :shock:

jacob wrote: ... It's pointless trying to compare him to anyone ...

How true!

I agree Winston " Hound dog Hit maker" is silly but they're not my words they come from the article I posted. I have no issues with Priscilla, I think situations from both sides contributed to the downfall of their marriage, it wasn't just one sided.
If anybody wants a good insight into Priscilla's world they should pick up a copy of Child Bride by Suzanne Finstad.

Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:24 pm

What's the point of threads like these? How many of you actually know Priscilla Presley even remotely enough to be able to conjecture to these lengths?

Whatever she may or may not have done when Elvis was around is long past, as with any individual there are regrets. Criticising people for something that happened 45-years-ago is just :facep:

Let's not forget Elvis wasn't exactly a goody goody either. He was playing around far more than her, and well before her.

Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:50 pm

promiseland wrote:
Matthew wrote:
promiseland wrote:Yeah thats why she was screwing Mike Stone behind his back and her dance instructor in 68 and hard telling who else ,,because she loved him so much

Then Elvis must have truly hated her during their time together if this is the yardstick her feelings for him are measured against.

I think she knew what she was getting into from the get go, even at 14.
If not for Elvis we wouldn't even know who she is.
She repayed him dearly for that in Mike Stones bed.

She knew at 14...?
Judging by your stupid and intolerable doublestandards, you don't seem to know much as an adult living in 2013.
So how do you figure that a 14 year old child "knew" what she was getting into over 50 years ago?

Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:06 pm

At 14 years of age, that gal never had a clue what she was getting herself into.

She still didn't have any idea when she moved into Graceland.

Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:38 pm

It's ridiculous that anyone here thinks they can judge either Elvis or Priscilla when it comes to their relationship. None of us were there, knew what happened etc. And who are we to judge anyway. It's fair enough to judge either way how she has used his estate etc, that is a business thing and we can see that and have access to that.

Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:39 pm

It's ridiculous that anyone here thinks they can judge either Elvis or Priscilla when it comes to their relationship. None of us were there, knew what happened etc. And who are we to judge anyway. It's fair enough to judge either way how she has used his estate etc, that is a business thing and we can see that and have access to that.

Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:14 pm

Its hilarious how people (mostly women) have a hate on for priscilla. you are giving a 14 year old way too much credit. Do u realize how freaking young that is?? people can say that she knew what she was getting into forever but there is no way to know that because Elvis' life was a Bizarro world. and i am sure it was not easy living or being in a relationship with that guy. if the worst she has ever done is still using the Presley name then thats pretty good. and even if she did not use the name people would still know who the woman was.

Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:24 pm

I love Elvis with all my heart but he took "sex addict" to a whole new level. The women in his life were amazingly tolerant. It's amusing but sad that the women who are commenting here are so much more critical and judgmental of Elvis' women than the men. Why is that always the case? It's easy to see why Elvis had a different standard for his behavior. Some of these comments are from the stone ages. Elvis' life was a tragedy and he never really had chance, but he did not treat people in his personal circle well.

Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:21 pm

DEH wrote:Its hilarious how people (mostly women) have a hate on for priscilla. you are giving a 14 year old way too much credit. Do u realize how freaking young that is?? people can say that she knew what she was getting into forever but there is no way to know that because Elvis' life was a Bizarro world.

I think what people mean when they say Priscilla knew what she was getting into is this.

Priscilla married Elvis when she was 22 years old and by then she knew how he was with his womanizing ways.

She had lived with him four years prior to getting married to him.

She really wasn't thrown into his life at 14.

Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:11 pm

millions of women think the guy will settle down and change. not a Priscilla quality. its a thing with women. Hell, Elvis thought Priscilla would stay the same and put up with stuff too. and he was wrong. they were both guilty of the same thing in different ways. she thought he would change he thought she would stay the same. She grew up, he didn't.

Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:43 pm

It's true Priscilla was 22 when they married but I doubt she matured much during those years; that seems the fate of most of the 'inner circle'. Plus I'm sure she was so caught up in getting him to marry her (the world was watching) I don't imagine she was considering whether or not he would be a good partner. Plus, 22 is still really young. I don't think many of us can emphasize with the situation she was in. It's unimaginable to me.

Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:03 pm

22 is still young. and 22 is still too young to get married in my opinion. you still have so much in life to learn about. you still don't have a full time career yet likely. You still are not fully grown up and mature. go hang out with a 22 year old and u will see. :D