Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Priscilla Presley; I'll Never Find Another Elvis

Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:32 am

Matthew wrote:Hogwash. Elvis was the husband and as you highlight, she was very young. The marriage issues were Elvis' ultimate responsibility and if he paid her the attention due any wife, and not repeatedly broken his marriage vows with affair after affair it is less likely she would have been driven into the arms of another - not that she's innocent in their marriage problems though.

I don't see what relevance her resultant fame has to do with anything.

Jamie wrote:Elvis was totally responsible for the marriage breakup. I don't think how anyone could maintain a relationship in the environment Elvis created and lived in. He had one rule for him and another for Priscilla. I don't doubt she has got the best out if the situation for her and Lisa but most people would do the same. However, I believe her when she says she still loves him as Elvis still loved her to his death. A person can love someone without necessarily being able to live with them.

Cheers

SuspiciousMind wrote:Elvis cheated on Priscilla long before she ever was unfaithful to him. So let's cut her some slack.

Well said, guys.

This b.s of "poor Elvis", he only screwed 100 women (and the rest) whilst he was with Priscilla, but thats ok, he's Elvis Presley and then Priscilla is "such a bitch" for screwing a couple of guys and then having the "nerve" to leave Elvis.

Some people need to wake the fu#k up. Elvis Presley was 95% responsible for the breakup of his marriage.

Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:35 am

promiseland wrote:Well I'm quite sure we know Elvis was no saint, but the marriage was suppose to be for better or worse till death do us part and with all the countless affairs Elvis had, Priscilla was still his wife through it all, not once do I ever recall reading Elvis ever told her I'm leaving you for this woman, or I'm in love with another woman I'm leaving you it's over. Elvis may have knew he was doing wrong, but to him she was still his wife.
Priscilla has just a couple affairs herself Falls In Love and tells Elvis shes leaving him it's over and wants a divorce??

Are you for real?? :shock:

Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:15 am

memfisking wrote:
Matthew wrote:Hogwash. Elvis was the husband and as you highlight, she was very young. The marriage issues were Elvis' ultimate responsibility and if he paid her the attention due any wife, and not repeatedly broken his marriage vows with affair after affair it is less likely she would have been driven into the arms of another - not that she's innocent in their marriage problems though.

I don't see what relevance her resultant fame has to do with anything.

Jamie wrote:Elvis was totally responsible for the marriage breakup. I don't think how anyone could maintain a relationship in the environment Elvis created and lived in. He had one rule for him and another for Priscilla. I don't doubt she has got the best out if the situation for her and Lisa but most people would do the same. However, I believe her when she says she still loves him as Elvis still loved her to his death. A person can love someone without necessarily being able to live with them.

Cheers

SuspiciousMind wrote:Elvis cheated on Priscilla long before she ever was unfaithful to him. So let's cut her some slack.

Well said, guys.

This b.s of "poor Elvis", he only screwed 100 women (and the rest) whilst he was with Priscilla, but thats ok, he's Elvis Presley and then Priscilla is "such a bitch" for screwing a couple of guys and then having the "nerve" to leave Elvis.

Some people need to wake the fu#k up. Elvis Presley was 95% responsible for the breakup of his marriage.

No one has said ''poor Elvis''. :roll:

You don't really know if Elvis was 95% of the breakup of the marriage. :roll:

Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:14 am

I am not defending Elvis' infidelities, but two wrongs do not make a right. She is no longer Elvis' wife but
still has the gall to use the name of Presley. Chutzpah!!!

Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:17 am

If Elvis had really wanted her he would have done more to save the marriage-He didn't. He might have in a moment of feeling low wished for his family back but there's no way he wouldn't have strayed again,it was the way he was.Lamar Fike said it best when he said Priscilla was like a bird in a cage that Elvis could take out to play with when he felt like it.
The only thing I will say is that it must have hurt her when he cheated on her but I can imagine it was worse after Elvis died and all the revelations from his past infidelities put pen to paper.He wasn't just cheating he was in relationships with these women,telling them he loved them and wanted to be with them and this was all throughout their relationship,not just their marriage.She must have looked at him in a different way when all of this came to light,I know I would have if I'd have been her.

Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:26 am

promiseland wrote:Yeah thats why she was screwing Mike Stone behind his back and her dance instructor in 68 and hard telling who else ,,because she loved him so much

When you're in the shadow of Elvis you marry a pedophile. ....what a bunch of BS . :roll:

Mike Edwards. He was the one who went after Lisa in the pool. (And BRAGGED about it!)

rjm

Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:37 am

rjm wrote:
promiseland wrote:Yeah thats why she was screwing Mike Stone behind his back and her dance instructor in 68 and hard telling who else ,,because she loved him so much

When you're in the shadow of Elvis you marry a pedophile. ....what a bunch of BS . :roll:

Mike Edwards. He was the one who went after Lisa in the pool. (And BRAGGED about it!)

rjm

Promiseland was making a reference to Lisa and her marriage to Michael Jackson

Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:39 am

jacob wrote:If Elvis had really wanted her he would have done more to save the marriage-He didn't. He might have in a moment of feeling low wished for his family back but there's no way he wouldn't have strayed again,it was the way he was.Lamar Fike said it best when he said Priscilla was like a bird in a cage that Elvis could take out to play with when he felt like it.
The only thing I will say is that it must have hurt her when he cheated on her but I can imagine it was worse after Elvis died and all the revelations from his past infidelities put pen to paper.He wasn't just cheating he was in relationships with these women,telling them he loved them and wanted to be with them and this was all throughout their relationship,not just their marriage.She must have looked at him in a different way when all of this came to light,I know I would have if I'd have been her.

Priscilla already knew about that before Elvis died.

Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:05 am

Maybe she knew but I bet if she read about the details(The things he said to them) she would have been hacked off.

Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:15 pm

Yeah, let's all be judgemental about two persons which their own private lifes that did not work out in the end. Like we do not have lives of our own, do not make mistakes and have no broken relationships or marriages on our names. More than 35 years have past. Priscilla Presley is probably only walking around in the Elvis world because Lisa wants her to. That is her good right then and the fact that she still calls herself 'Priscilla Presley': good luck with it! The name must be quite a cross to carry. The only thing I have a problem with with Priscilla Presley is that she looks like Donald Duck these days. The plastic surgery did her no good... :wink:
Last edited by Alexander on Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:25 pm

Priscilla always gets the blame because she left Elvis and many fans point to this as the start of his downfall.I think you should look at the whole picture.What was Elvis' track record with women?How about Linda?Was Elvis faithfull?The truth is Elvis wasnt faithfull to any of his women.Im not trashing Elvis.That's just the way he was.They either accepted it or they didnt.Elvis had a seperate set of rules for himself..From the standpoint of loyalty,he treated his women like crap.

Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:41 pm

Gee Elvis Presley wasn't monogomous :shock:
Honestly I doubt she expected him to be. If she did she was delusional after spending all those years with him before they got married. That's the reality of the lifestyle and I don't judge either of them at this point. After all that part of Elvis' life never really was our business. Yes as a historical figure it's fair game to a point, but there are details we know that I don't think we should know.

Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:41 pm

Yes Elvis was never faithful even going as far back as Dixie Locke.I also remember reading that when he was with Anita Wood he had another girl in his room and when Anita suddenly turned up the guys got the her out by putting a ladder up to Elvis' window.
It was like Billy Smith said,when Elvis realised his effect of women everything changed.
On another note what do you think it would have done to Elvis' image if he had left Priscilla when she was pregnant?

Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:45 pm

It's very difficult and usually pointless to comment on people's relationships. No one can really know what goes on between two people aside from them. But from the outside it looks like neither of them was really committed to the kind of relationship it takes to make it a life long partnership. And may be they didn't know how to make it work, in fact no one knows, we just learn along the way. But something does hold a man and a woman together through highs and lows. Perhaps that something was missing between them. But then again, that something is rare in general. I do believe Elvis was not the "happy" kind of person. Don't think he would have been happy even without the gift he had, even if he would had lived an entirely different kind of life, a "normal" one. He just wasn't made of that special doe that makes people grow old with a smile on their face, still holding hands and rocking their grand kids on their knees. I see him as a troubled soul always in search of something he could never have.

As for Priscilla, I'm not really her fan even though I can understand her life and point of view. What bothers me is the way she talks about him. When you listen to her you just cannot help but wonder if she ever cared about the man. All she seems to point at is either the King of Rock'n Roll or the southern American typical man she was all of the sudden (or not so sudden if you care about how she says he begged her and her parents to ship her across the water) living with under his roof. As if she carried some sort of higher morals or wisdom. As for having to live under his shadow...well...I believe one could easily change the name...(or not change the name). When you are the one who walks away, going back and use his name and money after the man passed away doesn't exactly make you a loving sincere ex wife.

She was however his only wife and is the mother of his child.

Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:23 pm

carpediem_ro wrote:It's very difficult and usually pointless to comment on people's relationships. No one can really know what goes on between two people aside from them.

carpediem_ro wrote: I believe one could easily change the name...(or not change the name). When you are the one who walks away, going back and use his name and money after the man passed away doesn't exactly make you a loving sincere ex wife.

You started with wise words but you ended up pushing your view on other peoples lives, like so many of us here. Sad.

Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:30 pm

If Elvis was ever serious about a relationship with one woman, he would have married Linda after his divorce became final. She was, perhaps the best match he ever had. He didnt, and was seeing Sheila Ryan(RIP) and others all the while being with Linda. Bottom line, marriage was never going to work for Elvis no matter who the lucky girl was.

Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:36 pm

r&b wrote:If Elvis was ever serious about a relationship with one woman, he would have married Linda after his divorce became final. She was, perhaps the best match he ever had. He didnt, and was seeing Sheila Ryan(RIP) and others all the while being with Linda. Bottom line, marriage was never going to work for Elvis no matter who the lucky girl was.

I think that's a very realistic analysis.

Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:51 pm

The Wests said in EWH that Elvis couldn't care less about his various girlfriends knowing about each other.Linda has gone on record as saying Elvis told her he needed to see other women but she couldn't see anyone else because 'I need that feedback'. Try that line with your missus tonight. :D

Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:46 pm

Delboy wrote:Try that line with your missus tonight. :D

You can try it if you're Elvis Presley ;) Hahaha

Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:51 pm

Alexander wrote:
carpediem_ro wrote:It's very difficult and usually pointless to comment on people's relationships. No one can really know what goes on between two people aside from them.

carpediem_ro wrote: I believe one could easily change the name...(or not change the name). When you are the one who walks away, going back and use his name and money after the man passed away doesn't exactly make you a loving sincere ex wife.

You started with wise words but you ended up pushing your view on other peoples lives, like so many of us here. Sad.

I care about Elvis' image both as a man and as an artist and I do comment on that. If people say or imply things that tarnish his memory I am looking at their agenda or credibility.
Now, do you have another opinion or did you just want me to shut up? :lol:

Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:47 pm

jacob wrote:Maybe she knew but I bet if she read about the details(The things he said to them) she would have been hacked off.

The thing is i don't think Priscilla has read very many books about Elvis.

I remember her saying she had read Last Train to Memphis and Jerry Schilling said she read his book.

I think you are correct she'd get pissed off if she read Joyce Bova's book for example.

But i don't believe she has read any of those books.

Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:13 pm

The point of what Priscilla was saying is it was a compliment to Elvis.

She said she's never been with another person and will never be with another person that she loved as much as Elvis.

That's a very nice thing to say about Elvis or anyone.

Elvis was the best.

Priscilla didn't have to say that it's not like she was promoting anything.

I've noticed that in recent years Priscilla has spoken very well of Elvis.

It's not about the marriage or who's fault it was Priscilla was saying Elvis was #1 and will always be.

Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:55 pm

Priscilla was cold with Elvis many times, we all know that. The best for Elvis was Linda Thompson, if he married her soon after the 1973 divorce, Elvis would be alive now and happy. Linda saved Elvis's life many times during the 1973-1976 bad years. Maybe Elvis marrying Linda finally would agree to go to rehab and be healthy again..

Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:34 pm

jurasic1968 wrote:Priscilla was cold with Elvis many times, we all know that. The best for Elvis was Linda Thompson, if he married her soon after the 1973 divorce, Elvis would be alive now and happy. Linda saved Elvis's life many times during the 1973-1976 bad years. Maybe Elvis marrying Linda finally would agree to go to rehab and be healthy again..

If Linda Thompson could have saved Elvis Presley it would have happened. It did not happen so she couldn't. Nobody could save Elvis Presley from Elvis Presley but Elvis Presley.

Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:55 pm

jurasic1968 wrote:Priscilla was cold with Elvis many times, we all know that. The best for Elvis was Linda Thompson, if he married her soon after the 1973 divorce, Elvis would be alive now and happy. Linda saved Elvis's life many times during the 1973-1976 bad years. Maybe Elvis marrying Linda finally would agree to go to rehab and be healthy again..

Maybe Elvis behaving like a married man after May 1, 1967 would have saved Elvis.
But he choose to continue to live the life of a batchelor.