Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Priscilla Presley; I'll Never Find Another Elvis

Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:21 pm

She was 22 but Elvis was 32 and he was under pressure from Priscilla's father and also from the Colonel who was afraid of a possible scandal. Marty Lacker wrote in the "Revelations of the Memphis Mafia" that Elvis didn't want to marry but he had no choice.

Re: Priscilla Presley; I'll Never Find Another Elvis

Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:23 pm

LOL, DEH, you made me laugh from the end of your post.

Brian, gosh, I know from experience not to get married too young. Some people are lucky; however. You don't know yourself, you don't know people, basically; although one thinks they are an adult, they simply don't have the life experience to make informed and considered decisions, they don't the questions to know the answer.

BIG MISTAKE, huge!!!! Comparisons, comparisons, comparisons and time and FUN!

LOL :smt006

Re: Priscilla Presley; I'll Never Find Another Elvis

Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:37 pm

Mountain Misst wrote:LOL, DEH, you made me laugh from the end of your post.

Brian, gosh, I know from experience not to get married too young. Some people are lucky; however. You don't know yourself, you don't know people, basically; although one thinks they are an adult, they simply don't have the life experience to make informed and considered decisions, they don't the questions to know the answer.


It's time some of us stopped acting like Priscilla got married too young and didn't know what she was getting into.

Some were acting as if Priscilla married Elvis and moved in with him immediately when she was like 14 or 15 years old without knowing him or being too immature.

That wasn't the case and as an adult we are free to make our own choices.

What you are saying should imply to DEH and Laura and not me.

Laura just said recently that while Priscilla was 22 when she married Elvis she didn't believe Priscilla matured enough during those years.

How the hell can anyone say something like when she doesn't know that person.

Re: Priscilla Presley; I'll Never Find Another Elvis

Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:04 am

Hi Brian :D

People change as they grow older, 25 is still too young, in my opinion, so I am going up in age, lol.

A young girl will have the oxytocin "in love" hormones rush in, as we are wired differently to men when there are encounters. Very generally speaking, (younger) men see sexual intimacy as sex. Women/young girls, especially those raised in the old fashioned way, see sexual encounters as being in love and "giving herself", of course that will depend on which country one is from and culture. Females change and will make excuses and not be able to think clearly about the big decisions, because of the oxytocin. This is why maturity is needed.

Here:

Oxytocin plays roles in sexual reproduction, (edit)

Recent studies have begun to investigate oxytocin's role in various behaviours, including orgasm, social recognition, pair bonding, (edit) ]

Re: Priscilla Presley; I'll Never Find Another Elvis

Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:10 am

jurasic1968 wrote:She was 22 but Elvis was 32 and he was under pressure from Priscilla's father and also from the Colonel who was afraid of a possible scandal. Marty Lacker wrote in the "Revelations of the Memphis Mafia" that Elvis didn't want to marry but he had no choice.


If I'm throwing blame around, then I'm aiming a whole heap of it at Priscilla's parents. No way in hell do I turn my daughter loose with Elvis Presley while she is still underage. I don't care what promises he gives me. Once she's 18 years old, then I can't tell my daughter what to do. Until then, she's all mine, and no one - NO ONE - will convince me to let her move half way around the word to live with the biggest sex symbol of his generation.

Re: Priscilla Presley; I'll Never Find Another Elvis

Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:34 am

dhornjr1 wrote:
jurasic1968 wrote:She was 22 but Elvis was 32 and he was under pressure from Priscilla's father and also from the Colonel who was afraid of a possible scandal. Marty Lacker wrote in the "Revelations of the Memphis Mafia" that Elvis didn't want to marry but he had no choice.


If I'm throwing blame around, then I'm aiming a whole heap of it at Priscilla's parents. No way in hell do I turn my daughter loose with Elvis Presley while she is still underage. I don't care what promises he gives me. Once she's 18 years old, then I can't tell my daughter what to do. Until then, she's all mine, and no one - NO ONE - will convince me to let her move half way around the word to live with the biggest sex symbol of his generation.



To be fair, Priscilla said that she gave her parents a really hard time. Remember they met when Priscilla was 14, that isn't when they moved in together. A young girl in love who says she knows what she is doing, a mother who knows how her daughter feels, who loves her and wants her to be happy, promises made, I can see how they would reluctantly let Priscilla do want she wanted. Back then, too, although too young, people did get married much younger. One is miserable when in love and separated from whom one loves, it is an awful feeling.

Re: Priscilla Presley; I'll Never Find Another Elvis

Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:36 am

Mountain misst,

if you think Priscilla was too young to marry Elvis even as a 22 year old adult that is your opinion.
Last edited by brian on Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Priscilla Presley; I'll Never Find Another Elvis

Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:37 am

Mountain Misst wrote:
dhornjr1 wrote:
jurasic1968 wrote:She was 22 but Elvis was 32 and he was under pressure from Priscilla's father and also from the Colonel who was afraid of a possible scandal. Marty Lacker wrote in the "Revelations of the Memphis Mafia" that Elvis didn't want to marry but he had no choice.


If I'm throwing blame around, then I'm aiming a whole heap of it at Priscilla's parents. No way in hell do I turn my daughter loose with Elvis Presley while she is still underage. I don't care what promises he gives me. Once she's 18 years old, then I can't tell my daughter what to do. Until then, she's all mine, and no one - NO ONE - will convince me to let her move half way around the word to live with the biggest sex symbol of his generation.



To be fair, Priscilla said that she gave her parents a really hard time. Remember they met when Priscilla was 14, that isn't when they moved in together. A young girl in love who says she knows what she is doing, a mother who knows how her daughter feels, who loves her and wants her to be happy, promises made, I can see how they would reluctantly let Priscilla do want she wanted. Back then, too, although too young, people did get married much younger. One is miserable when in love and separated from whom one loves, it is an awful feeling.


I wouldn't care how hard of a time my daughter was giving me. I would have been reporting him to the authorities.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

Re: Priscilla Presley; I'll Never Find Another Elvis

Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:44 am

Yes, Brian, you are very right. I can only go on my own life experience according to my culture and country, I was even younger, and being female, what I thought I knew at the time and what I know now; plus, in my experience, supporting friends and family who did the same as I. Some are still happily married, some are absolutely miserable and married and still that age emotionally, as they were stunted, in my opinion, as they were too young and are horrible to each other as children can be; some have moved on and experienced the big "D" lol. Older girlfriends, who married older, or second time around, are happy and know themselves. That is my little world and I just wish everyone happiness, that is all :D

Re: Priscilla Presley; I'll Never Find Another Elvis

Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:45 am

So, you think that Priscilla's parents (especially her father) had a better choice to report Elvis to the authorities? They not were interested to make trouble, just to have their daughter married.

Re: Priscilla Presley; I'll Never Find Another Elvis

Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:58 am

Mountain Misst wrote:Yes, Brian, you are very right. I can only go on my own life experience according to my culture and country, I was even younger, and being female, what I thought I knew at the time and what I know now; plus, in my experience, supporting friends and family who did the same as I. Some are still happily married, some are absolutely miserable and married and still that age emotionally, as they were stunted, in my opinion, as they were too young and are horrible to each other as children can be; some have moved on and experienced the big "D" lol. Older girlfriends, who married older, or second time around, are happy and know themselves. That is my little world and I just wish everyone happiness, that is all :D


when Priscilla has been asked if she regretted marrying Elvis she had always said no.

From Priscilla's side on the story she said the relationship broke apart because the relationship was all about Elvis and he stopped paying attention to her physically.

I think If Elvis had took some interest in the things Priscilla wanted to do they probably would have stayed married longer.

I believe Priscilla on that because Linda Thompson had made similar comments about life completely revolving around what Elvis was doing all the time or what he wanted to do.

Being married to Elvis was the best thing that ever happened to Priscilla.

Re: Priscilla Presley; I'll Never Find Another Elvis

Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:05 am

They loved each other immensely. The divorce ruined Elvis, especially because Lisa Marie was no longer at Graceland, living their.

Re: Priscilla Presley; I'll Never Find Another Elvis

Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:07 am

"Being married to Elvis was the best thing that ever happened to Priscilla"

True, in 300% percent.

Re: Priscilla Presley; I'll Never Find Another Elvis

Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:17 am

I don't have problem with Priscilla , No wife could put up with Elvis' life style! she's no angel but neither was Elvis or anyone

Re: Priscilla Presley; I'll Never Find Another Elvis

Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:04 am

I think an issue here is not how old Priscilla was but how unreal her life became after she moved in with Elvis. She was isolated from the world, living with 'the guys' who resented her. She rarely met new people, never learned a thing about money. and on and on. No life experience, no one to discuss things with. I don't like Priscilla much, but do feel sorry for her. Money ain't everything. Her parents should have told Elvis "No".
















was but how unreal her life became. Isolated from the world, never (rarely) met anyone new, no concept of money, and on and on. She didn't grow up,neither did he, partly because they rarely had new life experiences. We all know this story, right? She wasn't even allowed to talk to 'the guys'. I don't like Priscilla Presley much, but I do feel sorry for her.

Re: Priscilla Presley; I'll Never Find Another Elvis

Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:47 am

jurasic1968 wrote:So, you think that Priscilla's parents (especially her father) had a better choice to report Elvis to the authorities? They not were interested to make trouble, just to have their daughter married.


Here is the thing about reporting Elvis to the authorities.

Elvis Presley was never accused by anyone of doing anything inappropriate with Priscilla in Germany back then including her own parents.

The few times I've heard Priscilla's parents speak of Elvis they have said nice things and have never accused him of having inappropriate relations with their daughter.

Priscilla has always denied they did anything inappropriate and the people that have speculated that they did don't know.

In Germany the age of consent is 14 years old so even if Priscilla's parents thought something was going on they couldn't do anything legally about it.

I believe the age of consent in Tennessee back in the 1960s was 16.

Priscilla was almost 18 when Elvis began talking with her father about her coming to live at Graceland with him.

Re: Priscilla Presley; I'll Never Find Another Elvis

Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:42 am

Exactly. Priscilla was 18 in May 1963 and she moved to Graceland 2 month before. Maybe the only problem was in 1967 if Elvis didn't want to marry her. Her father could go to the press and made a scandal that could put in danger Elvis' career. My opinion is that explains the Colonel's fear and also Vernon's. I believe Marty Lacker who claims that Elvis didn't want to marry and he was forced, especially by Captain Beaulieu, but as always the Colonel played a major role, too.

Re: Priscilla Presley; I'll Never Find Another Elvis

Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:20 pm

brian wrote:
jurasic1968 wrote:So, you think that Priscilla's parents (especially her father) had a better choice to report Elvis to the authorities? They not were interested to make trouble, just to have their daughter married.


Here is the thing about reporting Elvis to the authorities.

Elvis Presley was never accused by anyone of doing anything inappropriate with Priscilla in Germany back then including her own parents.

The few times I've heard Priscilla's parents speak of Elvis they have said nice things and have never accused him of having inappropriate relations with their daughter.

Priscilla has always denied they did anything inappropriate and the people that have speculated that they did don't know.

In Germany the age of consent is 14 years old so even if Priscilla's parents thought something was going on they couldn't do anything legally about it.

I believe the age of consent in Tennessee back in the 1960s was 16.

Priscilla was almost 18 when Elvis began talking with her father about her coming to live at Graceland with him.


I realize it's popular on this board to blame Elvis, and only Elvis, for everything that happened to him and everyone around him. But, come on. You don't think the Beaulieus made a VERY questionable decision in allowing this to take place? You wouldn't have a problem pimping your sixteen-year-old daughter out to a 28-year-old man who is a movie star and is known as "The King of Rock 'n' Roll"?

You know who did have a problem with it? Sandy Ferra's parents. He asked Mary Lou Ferra if she would let her teenaged daughter move to Graceland with him. The answer, of course, was "No."

I'll let Lamar Fike, Marty Lacker, and Billy Smith, all people who were intimately involved in the situation, explain it because their feelings are pretty much how I feel about it.

Lamar Fike: I talked to Alan (Fortas) after Priscilla's visit. I said, "What do you think of her?" Alan said, "Well, she's a nice girl. A little young maybe." I laughed. He said he told Elvis there were a lot of pretty girls who were legal age but that Elvis said, "Alan, a sixteen-year-old girl is a lot more advanced than a sixteen-year-old boy in every way." And Alan told him, "Yeah, but they're still jailbait."

Billy Smith: She went back to Germany right after Christmas, and Elvis immediately started trying to persuade her parents to let her come there to live. Elvis had to do a lot of talking, boy. He said she'd get a better education here than in Germany, that he'd put her in Catholic school at Immaculate Conception. And he promised that she'd live with Vernon and Dee in their house, not in Graceland, so she'd be properly chaperoned.

I don't know how he sold them that bill of goods, but he did. She came back over while we were making Fun In Acapulco, in either February or March '63. Her dad come with her, first, to California and then to Memphis. It's always puzzled me just why they allowed that.

Marty Lacker: Let's get right to the meat of it. Say you're the parent of a sixteen-year-old girl, and a grown man, a millionaire, came to you and said, "I really care about your daughter, and I want her to come live with me." What would your answer be, unless you had an ulterior motive? I know what my answer would be: "Get the hell out of here!"

Lamar Fike: Well, that's an absurd question. I mean, nobody in their right mind would let that happen. I'd have castrated him, buddy, I promise you that.

Revelations From The Memphis Mafia, pg. 261-263.

Here's another story about Elvis' dangerous obsession with very young teenage girls.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... girls.html

Re: Priscilla Presley; I'll Never Find Another Elvis

Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:39 pm

dhornjr1 wrote:
brian wrote:
jurasic1968 wrote:So, you think that Priscilla's parents (especially her father) had a better choice to report Elvis to the authorities? They not were interested to make trouble, just to have their daughter married.


Here is the thing about reporting Elvis to the authorities.

Elvis Presley was never accused by anyone of doing anything inappropriate with Priscilla in Germany back then including her own parents.

The few times I've heard Priscilla's parents speak of Elvis they have said nice things and have never accused him of having inappropriate relations with their daughter.

Priscilla has always denied they did anything inappropriate and the people that have speculated that they did don't know.

In Germany the age of consent is 14 years old so even if Priscilla's parents thought something was going on they couldn't do anything legally about it.

I believe the age of consent in Tennessee back in the 1960s was 16.

Priscilla was almost 18 when Elvis began talking with her father about her coming to live at Graceland with him.


I realize it's popular on this board to blame Elvis, and only Elvis, for everything that happened to him and everyone around him. But, come on. You don't think the Beaulieus made a VERY questionable decision in allowing this to take place? You wouldn't have a problem pimping your sixteen-year-old daughter out to a 28-year-old man who is a movie star and is known as "The King of Rock 'n' Roll"?


First of all I'm not blaming Elvis for anything I was actually defending him.

Jurasic mentioned the possibility that Priscilla's parents should have reported Elvis to the authorities and I explained there was nothing to report him for.

Marty Lacker is mistaken Priscilla wasn't 16 when she was moved in with Elvis at Graceland she was 18.

If Marty Lacker, Lamar Fike and Billy Smith think Priscilla's parents shouldn't have allowed her to come to live at Graceland that is their opinion.

As I said before it's not like Priscilla's parents shipped her off to live at Graceland when she was 14 she was 18.

Priscilla was 18 and at that age people start moving out of their parents house.

I wouldn't take everything that article says about Elvis as gospel because Alanna Nash has gotten lots of things wrong before.

Re: Priscilla Presley; I'll Never Find Another Elvis

Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:56 pm

brian wrote:
dhornjr1 wrote:
brian wrote:
jurasic1968 wrote:So, you think that Priscilla's parents (especially her father) had a better choice to report Elvis to the authorities? They not were interested to make trouble, just to have their daughter married.


Here is the thing about reporting Elvis to the authorities.

Elvis Presley was never accused by anyone of doing anything inappropriate with Priscilla in Germany back then including her own parents.

The few times I've heard Priscilla's parents speak of Elvis they have said nice things and have never accused him of having inappropriate relations with their daughter.

Priscilla has always denied they did anything inappropriate and the people that have speculated that they did don't know.

In Germany the age of consent is 14 years old so even if Priscilla's parents thought something was going on they couldn't do anything legally about it.

I believe the age of consent in Tennessee back in the 1960s was 16.

Priscilla was almost 18 when Elvis began talking with her father about her coming to live at Graceland with him.


I realize it's popular on this board to blame Elvis, and only Elvis, for everything that happened to him and everyone around him. But, come on. You don't think the Beaulieus made a VERY questionable decision in allowing this to take place? You wouldn't have a problem pimping your sixteen-year-old daughter out to a 28-year-old man who is a movie star and is known as "The King of Rock 'n' Roll"?


First of all I'm not blaming Elvis for anything.

Jurasic mentioned the possibility that Priscilla's parents should have reported Elvis to the authorities and I explained there was nothing to report him for.

Marty Lacker is mistaken Priscilla wasn't 16 when she was moved in with Elvis at Graceland she was 18.

If Marty Lacker, Lamar Fike and Billy Smith think Priscilla's parents shouldn't have allowed her to come to live at Graceland that is their opinion.

As I said before it's not like Priscilla's parents shipped her off to live at Graceland when she was 14 she was 18.

Priscilla was 18 and at that age people start moving out of their parents house.


I was the one who said I would have reported him to the authorities for chasing after my underage daughter. She was 17 when she moved to Graceland. She was born in June 1945 and she moved to Graceland in March 1963. She was three months shy of her 18th birthday. And according to this study, Tennessee age of consent was 18 beginning in 1920 and the age span in years between the participants could be no more than four years.

http://www.sunypress.edu/pdf/60840.pdf

So, any way you want to slice, laws were being broken. If you think they were just hanging out and not doing anything of a sexual nature even when she was 14, I have some ocean front property for sale here in Shelby County.

And regarding it being just Lacker, Fike, and Smith's opinion, it's also the opinion of most anyone, period.

Re: Priscilla Presley; I'll Never Find Another Elvis

Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:25 pm

dhornjr1 wrote:
brian wrote:
dhornjr1 wrote:
brian wrote:
jurasic1968 wrote:So, you think that Priscilla's parents (especially her father) had a better choice to report Elvis to the authorities? They not were interested to make trouble, just to have their daughter married.


Here is the thing about reporting Elvis to the authorities.

Elvis Presley was never accused by anyone of doing anything inappropriate with Priscilla in Germany back then including her own parents.

The few times I've heard Priscilla's parents speak of Elvis they have said nice things and have never accused him of having inappropriate relations with their daughter.

Priscilla has always denied they did anything inappropriate and the people that have speculated that they did don't know.

In Germany the age of consent is 14 years old so even if Priscilla's parents thought something was going on they couldn't do anything legally about it.

I believe the age of consent in Tennessee back in the 1960s was 16.

Priscilla was almost 18 when Elvis began talking with her father about her coming to live at Graceland with him.


I realize it's popular on this board to blame Elvis, and only Elvis, for everything that happened to him and everyone around him. But, come on. You don't think the Beaulieus made a VERY questionable decision in allowing this to take place? You wouldn't have a problem pimping your sixteen-year-old daughter out to a 28-year-old man who is a movie star and is known as "The King of Rock 'n' Roll"?


First of all I'm not blaming Elvis for anything.

Jurasic mentioned the possibility that Priscilla's parents should have reported Elvis to the authorities and I explained there was nothing to report him for.

Marty Lacker is mistaken Priscilla wasn't 16 when she was moved in with Elvis at Graceland she was 18.

If Marty Lacker, Lamar Fike and Billy Smith think Priscilla's parents shouldn't have allowed her to come to live at Graceland that is their opinion.

As I said before it's not like Priscilla's parents shipped her off to live at Graceland when she was 14 she was 18.

Priscilla was 18 and at that age people start moving out of their parents house.


I was the one who said I would have reported him to the authorities for chasing after my underage daughter. She was 17 when she moved to Graceland. She was born in June 1945 and she moved to Graceland in March 1963. She was three months shy of her 18th birthday. And according to this study, Tennessee age of consent was 18 beginning in 1920 and the age span in years between the participants could be no more than four years.

http://www.sunypress.edu/pdf/60840.pdf

So, any way you want to slice, laws were being broken. If you think they were just hanging out and not doing anything of a sexual nature even when she was 14, I have some ocean front property for sale here in Shelby County.

And regarding it being just Lacker, Fike, and Smith's opinion, it's also the opinion of most anyone, period.


You were one of the ones that mentioned that but Jurasic also mentioned that and I was talking to him.

Priscillla was close enough to 18 lets not argue semantics.

Again for the umpteenth time Marty Lacker, Lamar Fike, and Billy Smith were saying that Priscilla was a little younger than she was at the time.

As I said people are adults at 18 and are moving out of the house at that age and getting married especially back then.

I didn't say anything about what was going on at the time in Germany I said Elvis was never accused of anything and people that speculate that they did weren't there.

It's not fair to Elvis to imply that they were doing anything sexual when no one knows what happened.
I've heard many people over the years say Elvis was having sex with Priscilla at 14 years and that's not fair because no one knows.

Again If Lacker, Smith and Fike think Priscilla parents shouldn't have wanted her to move to Graceland that is their opinion.

Re: Priscilla Presley; I'll Never Find Another Elvis

Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:22 am

brian wrote:
dhornjr1 wrote:
brian wrote:
dhornjr1 wrote:
brian wrote:
jurasic1968 wrote:So, you think that Priscilla's parents (especially her father) had a better choice to report Elvis to the authorities? They not were interested to make trouble, just to have their daughter married.


Here is the thing about reporting Elvis to the authorities.

Elvis Presley was never accused by anyone of doing anything inappropriate with Priscilla in Germany back then including her own parents.

The few times I've heard Priscilla's parents speak of Elvis they have said nice things and have never accused him of having inappropriate relations with their daughter.

Priscilla has always denied they did anything inappropriate and the people that have speculated that they did don't know.

In Germany the age of consent is 14 years old so even if Priscilla's parents thought something was going on they couldn't do anything legally about it.

I believe the age of consent in Tennessee back in the 1960s was 16.

Priscilla was almost 18 when Elvis began talking with her father about her coming to live at Graceland with him.


I realize it's popular on this board to blame Elvis, and only Elvis, for everything that happened to him and everyone around him. But, come on. You don't think the Beaulieus made a VERY questionable decision in allowing this to take place? You wouldn't have a problem pimping your sixteen-year-old daughter out to a 28-year-old man who is a movie star and is known as "The King of Rock 'n' Roll"?


First of all I'm not blaming Elvis for anything.

Jurasic mentioned the possibility that Priscilla's parents should have reported Elvis to the authorities and I explained there was nothing to report him for.

Marty Lacker is mistaken Priscilla wasn't 16 when she was moved in with Elvis at Graceland she was 18.

If Marty Lacker, Lamar Fike and Billy Smith think Priscilla's parents shouldn't have allowed her to come to live at Graceland that is their opinion.

As I said before it's not like Priscilla's parents shipped her off to live at Graceland when she was 14 she was 18.

Priscilla was 18 and at that age people start moving out of their parents house.


I was the one who said I would have reported him to the authorities for chasing after my underage daughter. She was 17 when she moved to Graceland. She was born in June 1945 and she moved to Graceland in March 1963. She was three months shy of her 18th birthday. And according to this study, Tennessee age of consent was 18 beginning in 1920 and the age span in years between the participants could be no more than four years.

http://www.sunypress.edu/pdf/60840.pdf

So, any way you want to slice, laws were being broken. If you think they were just hanging out and not doing anything of a sexual nature even when she was 14, I have some ocean front property for sale here in Shelby County.

And regarding it being just Lacker, Fike, and Smith's opinion, it's also the opinion of most anyone, period.


You were one of the ones that mentioned that but Jurasic also mentioned that and I was talking to him.

Priscillla was close enough to 18 lets not argue semantics.

Again for the umpteenth time Marty Lacker, Lamar Fike, and Billy Smith were saying that Priscilla was a little younger than she was at the time.

As I said people are adults at 18 and are moving out of the house at that age and getting married especially back then.

I didn't say anything about what was going on at the time in Germany I said Elvis was never accused of anything and people that speculate that they did weren't there.

It's not fair to Elvis to imply that they were doing anything sexual when no one knows what happened.
I've heard many people over the years say Elvis was having sex with Priscilla at 14 years and that's not fair because no one knows.

Again If Lacker, Smith and Fike think Priscilla parents shouldn't have wanted her to move to Graceland that is their opinion.


One person knows and that's Priscilla and she said nothing inappropriate happened. That's all that counts.

Re: Priscilla Presley; I'll Never Find Another Elvis

Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:42 am

promiseland wrote:Well I'm quite sure we know Elvis was no saint, but the marriage was suppose to be for better or worse till death do us part and with all the countless affairs Elvis had, Priscilla was still his wife through it all, not once do I ever recall reading Elvis ever told her I'm leaving you for this woman, or I'm in love with another woman I'm leaving you it's over. Elvis may have knew he was doing wrong, but to him she was still his wife.
Priscilla has just a couple affairs herself Falls In Love and tells Elvis shes leaving him it's over and wants a divorce??
But yet to this day she still insists to keep the Presley name for her benefit.

Something sure seems wrong with this picture here doesn't it? :?



You quote the marraige vows out of context.

The better or worse, does not apply when affairs are an issue.

Even the bible says this. Yes, generally the church will let you out
of a marriage if there is infidelity present.

But I guess they were not married in a church so that is moot.

They were married by Justice of the peace weren't they?

So, bottom line is that when there is cheating all bets are off. Anything goes.

If you cheat, there is no set rules on how the cheated on spouse has to act or conduct themselves because
its nearly all justified, other than murder.

Priscilla did Elvis a favor. They got a divorce peacefully so that Lisa could see her parents getting along and not fighting.

They walk out of the divorce court together as friends.

They should have never gotten married. Elvis was not the type. And certainly over the years, Elvis and Priscilla both changed.

He fresh out of the army to 1972= changed.
Her 14 years old to 1972= grown up and changed.

If the vows are not why even bother getting married. There is no point.

Elvis cheated on her all thru the 60's with Ann margret and other starlets.

Priscilla made the bad choice to stay. She was Elvis' enabler in the cheating dept.

If you allow it before the marraige, it ain't gonna change after.

Elvis never loved her enough to stay faithful.

So, in the end, Priscilla decides she wants out. Big deal. That is her choice based on how the marraige went, which by 1972 it was in the ditch.

As far as Elvis' choices go, he suffered consequences of those as well.

He chose to cheat. So, there are consequences to those actions. He knew that.

He could have married Ann margret. He could have ended up with Anita Wood.

Or somebody completely different. He should have let Priscilla go.

There are so many roads to take and choices to makes, you are bound
to take a wrong turn somewhere.

All this is part of Elvis' life pattern.

He kept the out dated manager around too long.

He used his dad for financial advice.

He allowed his career to go in the toilet.

He had many unfulfilled career projects.
He didn't invest his money.

He took too many drugs.

These are all choices that one makes, and if you make the wrong one, or ones, regret along with depression, it tends to snowball, and before you know it, it's August 16th, 1977.

So, the divorce was just another link in the chain of dissapointments.

Re: Priscilla Presley; I'll Never Find Another Elvis

Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:12 am

Just caught up with these posts, varying opinions stated here, none of which are necessarily wrong but the bottom line is that Elvis met Priscilla at a time when he was particularly venerable, lonely, insecure, a long way from home and relatively soon after losing his mother. To him she appeared unspoiled, understanding, sympathetic, and innocent yet mature for her age. She was a young beautiful American girl in Germany and Elvis believed that he could mould in to his ideal woman.
There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that Elvis’ intentions were honorable and that he loved Priscilla (in his own way), blame? There is nobody to “blame” Elvis wanted and believed in both marriage and family and for a time he really tried he just should have never married at all. Whom he married is actually irrelevant because he wouldn’t have remained monogamous with anyone.

Re: Priscilla Presley; I'll Never Find Another Elvis

Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:21 pm

ekenee wrote:
promiseland wrote:Well I'm quite sure we know Elvis was no saint, but the marriage was suppose to be for better or worse till death do us part and with all the countless affairs Elvis had, Priscilla was still his wife through it all, not once do I ever recall reading Elvis ever told her I'm leaving you for this woman, or I'm in love with another woman I'm leaving you it's over. Elvis may have knew he was doing wrong, but to him she was still his wife.
Priscilla has just a couple affairs herself Falls In Love and tells Elvis shes leaving him it's over and wants a divorce??
But yet to this day she still insists to keep the Presley name for her benefit.

Something sure seems wrong with this picture here doesn't it? :?



You quote the marraige vows out of context.

The better or worse, does not apply when affairs are an issue.

Even the bible says this. Yes, generally the church will let you out
of a marriage if there is infidelity present.

But I guess they were not married in a church so that is moot.

They were married by Justice of the peace weren't they?

So, bottom line is that when there is cheating all bets are off. Anything goes.

If you cheat, there is no set rules on how the cheated on spouse has to act or conduct themselves because
its nearly all justified, other than murder.

Priscilla did Elvis a favor. They got a divorce peacefully so that Lisa could see her parents getting along and not fighting.

They walk out of the divorce court together as friends.

They should have never gotten married. Elvis was not the type. And certainly over the years, Elvis and Priscilla both changed.

He fresh out of the army to 1972= changed.
Her 14 years old to 1972= grown up and changed.

If the vows are not why even bother getting married. There is no point.

Elvis cheated on her all thru the 60's with Ann margret and other starlets.

Priscilla made the bad choice to stay. She was Elvis' enabler in the cheating dept.

If you allow it before the marraige, it ain't gonna change after.

Elvis never loved her enough to stay faithful.

So, in the end, Priscilla decides she wants out. Big deal. That is her choice based on how the marraige went, which by 1972 it was in the ditch.

As far as Elvis' choices go, he suffered consequences of those as well.

He chose to cheat. So, there are consequences to those actions. He knew that.

He could have married Ann margret. He could have ended up with Anita Wood.

Or somebody completely different. He should have let Priscilla go.

There are so many roads to take and choices to makes, you are bound
to take a wrong turn somewhere.

All this is part of Elvis' life pattern.

He kept the out dated manager around too long.

He used his dad for financial advice.

He allowed his career to go in the toilet.

He had many unfulfilled career projects.
He didn't invest his money.

He took too many drugs.

These are all choices that one makes, and if you make the wrong one, or ones, regret along with depression, it tends to snowball, and before you know it, it's August 16th, 1977.

So, the divorce was just another link in the chain of dissapointments.


Great post. There's a saying that I hear from time to time: "You can't turn a whore into a housewife". To paraphrase it, Priscilla believed she could turn Elvis into a husband even though he was one of the biggest man-whores that ever lived. It just wasn't gong to happen.

The guy was a walking paradox. He wanted a traditional family with a wife and kids and home and hearth. Yet, he also wanted to be able to do whatever he wanted to with whomever he wanted to while his wife sat at home and just took it.

He was the first anti-establishment rock star who shook the very foundation of the status quo and was in the vanguard of what would become the civil rights movement. At the same time, he was craving acceptance from the same establishment who were bemoaning his influence on their youth.

All this and more are what make Elvis Presley so fascinating.