Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Priscilla Presley; I'll Never Find Another Elvis

Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:36 pm

jurasic1968 wrote:Priscilla was cold with Elvis many times, we all know that. The best for Elvis was Linda Thompson, if he married her soon after the 1973 divorce, Elvis would be alive now and happy. Linda saved Elvis's life many times during the 1973-1976 bad years. Maybe Elvis marrying Linda finally would agree to go to rehab and be healthy again..

Regarding, Linda, yes I agree, she was the best for him but 'Elvis would be alive now'? Quite a bold statement dont you think? He would be first of all, 77. With his diet he still would have died in his 50's from a heart attack ,drugs or no drugs.

Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:50 pm

Yes, I know, I went too far when I sad Elvis he'll be alive today if he married Linda. Like Aloha - I wrote that he moved and looked like an old man - I mean he looked like an older man than 38 years old - that's all. Linda, Vernon and the Colonel could put Elvis in rehab, even with force. Ginger Alden was the most careless girlfriend with Elvis-so I strongly believe that Linda could save him in that tragic morning of 16 august 1977.

Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:53 pm

jurasic1968 wrote:Yes, I know, I went too far when I sad Elvis he'll be alive today if he married Linda. Like Aloha - I wrote that he moved and looked like an old man - I mean he looked like an older man than 38 years old - that's all. Linda, Vernon and the Colonel could put Elvis in rehab, even with force. Ginger Alden was the most careless girlfriend with Elvis-so I strongly believe that Linda could save him in that tragic morning of 16 august 1977.

He looked amazing.........certainly most blokes could only dream that they looked half as good as he did.

His movements were restrained for the occasion.....not that of an old Man

Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:24 pm

Yeah I am going to say it, I for one am sick and tired of this "Linda Thompson is a saint" that is rampant on these boards.
Why is she viewed in such a positive light? Is it because we have all read stories of her saving Elvis from choking while his was eating and high? Guess what if you were in the same room with someone who was choking, in respiratiory distress, falling, etc... you would help them right? Yes you would because that is what good, decent people do, particularly if that person is your boyfriend. :roll:
Is it because she got along better with the Memphis Mafia and so they in turn have said kinder things about her in their disgusting books so that has guided your opinion. Umm first I would guess that Linda, because she was only one of Elvis' girlfriends whom he did not intend to marry, that she did not pose a "threat" in their minds. They were always threatened by Priscilla, and still are. Because she was his wife, mother of his child,and later the executor of the estate who disliked and distrusted the lot of them, then they hate her for it.
Keeping people like Lamar, Marty, etc... around was one of Elvis worst decisions, and he made plenty of them. They were small minded people who, very much like the Colonel, wanted to keep Elvis fearful, weak, and dependent on them. I do not think, from what I have read, that Linda posed any kind of threat to the status quo and for this she deserves no respect from me. Priscilla disliked the MM, for reasons that are not hard to discern, she wanted Elvis to broaden his horizons and move beyond his small minded world. If he had had the courage and strength to do this perhaps he would still be with us. :cry:
I for one am grateful to Priscilla for making me and lots of young women Elvis fans. True story just look on tumblr.com
I can empathize with the regret and loss of a first love gone wrong. I can try to be understanding of her mistakes, Mike Stone, whomever the dance instructor was, and the ugly clothes from BIs and Beau. :lol:

Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:32 pm

josephinebeau wrote:Yeah I am going to say it, I for one am sick and tired of this "Linda Thompson is a saint" that is rampant on these boards.
Why is she viewed in such a positive light? Is it because we have all read stories of her saving Elvis from choking while his was eating and high? Guess what if you were in the same room with someone who was choking, in respiratiory distress, falling, etc... you would help them right? Yes you would because that is what good, decent people do, particularly if that person is your boyfriend. :roll:
Is it because she got along better with the Memphis Mafia and so they in turn have said kinder things about her in their disgusting books so that has guided your opinion. Umm first I would guess that Linda, because she was only one of Elvis' girlfriends whom he did not intend to marry, that she did not pose a "threat" in their minds. They were always threatened by Priscilla, and still are. Because she was his wife, mother of his child,and later the executor of the estate who disliked and distrusted the lot of them, then they hate her for it.
Keeping people like Lamar, Marty, etc... around was one of Elvis worst decisions, and he made plenty of them. They were small minded people who, very much like the Colonel, wanted to keep Elvis fearful, weak, and dependent on them. I do not think, from what I have read, that Linda posed any kind of threat to the status quo and for this she deserves no respect from me. Priscilla disliked the MM, for reasons that are not hard to discern, she wanted Elvis to broaden his horizons and move beyond his small minded world. If he had had the courage and strength to do this perhaps he would still be with us. :cry:
I for one am grateful to Priscilla for making me and lots of young women Elvis fans. True story just look on tumblr.com
I can empathize with the regret and loss of a first love gone wrong. I can try to be understanding of her mistakes, Mike Stone, whomever the dance instructor was, and the ugly clothes from BIs and Beau. :lol:

thats a brave post :smt003 :smt003 :smt003

Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:49 pm

Elvis needed the Memphis Mafia around him, no doubt about it. They were not dumb, as Goldman and others wrote. Many of them were true friends and keeped companion to Elvis and helped him in many ways. And, like Prisciila sad in an interview, Elvis was a "guys' guy". Priscilla knew that since the army days. Linda Thompson was not a saint but I see a big difference in his attitude and Priscilla's: Linda was in tour with Elvis and enjoyed every concert of him. Priscilla attended only the openings and closing nights in Las Vegas. She wrote in her book Elvis and Me, after a fight in 1962 about the Pot Luck album: " I looked at Elvis's records and i pretended to be interested in these". So Cilla even didn't like Elvis music, back in 1962. Linda recorded with Elvis in december 1973 songs which reflected Elvis happiness after his divorce and hospitalization in october 1973. So don't blame Linda-she was Elvis's last anchor and support.

Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:33 pm

josephinebeau wrote:Yeah I am going to say it, I for one am sick and tired of this "Linda Thompson is a saint" that is rampant on these boards.

No, it is not because Linda helped Elvis when he was choking.
It is because she really tried to help him get off of drugs. Because she cared enough to empty his capsules and put sugar into them at the risk of getting kicked out of his life. Because she accepted his friends and his life. Because she reminds him with love in spite of it al. Because she never looks like she is sucking lemmons when she talks about him. I don't think anyone can say the same about Priscilla.

Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:48 pm

100% agreed. Linda cared and helped Elvis beyond everyone else. Priscilla wanted from Elvis only money (as she reopened in May 1973 the divorce to gain more cash from Elvis)

Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:05 am

+1

Wtg! I agree with what you said here! Everybody tried to take advantage of him and no one really cared about the man. Too many low quality, narrow minded and manipulative people around him. What really sickens me is the long row of so called friends and girlfriends (including the wife) who have made money out of interviews and books saying whatever sold about him more often criticizing his lifestyle and personality. Basically making money out of ordinary gossip when the man is dead.

As for Priscilla, it is not she who made you and others Elvis' fans. If you're talking about EPE and Priscilla, then you must realize it's a huge business with lots of people involved and lots of twists and turns and of course with a professional PR team.

Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:29 pm

Hi, i'm new here, i have a question , Did Elvis know about Priscella cheating on him?? did he agreed on open marriage! i've read that they had a big fight when he heard about her flirtation and affair rumor with her dance instructor 1968, but knowing Elvis' big macho ego and all that, i'm surprised, how he stayed with her if he knew she cheated on him !! and regarding Mike stone affair, some MM guys said they warned and told Elvis about Priscella affair, but he apparently didn't do anything because Priscella was the one who actually left not him!! i'm surprised because i thought Elvis had no problem having many affairs but he didn't want his woman/ wife to do the same but from what i've read, i think Elvis knew about Priscella cheating and YET wanted the marriage to continue!!!!!
Last edited by yaso on Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:19 pm

promiseland wrote:
Matthew wrote:
promiseland wrote:Yeah thats why she was screwing Mike Stone behind his back and her dance instructor in 68 and hard telling who else ,,because she loved him so much

Then Elvis must have truly hated her during their time together if this is the yardstick her feelings for him are measured against.

I think she knew what she was getting into from the get go, even at 14.
If not for Elvis we wouldn't even know who she is.
She repayed him dearly for that in Mike Stones bed.

I do not believe she knew what she was getting into. At the age of 14 she was a very naive girl. Priscilla is also not the brightest of women either, thts how she cames across to me. She has learnt a hell of a lot since. I don't particularly like her much myself! She walked into Elvis' life a naive girl and walked out of it a very pi*ssed off one because the marriage hadn't turned out as she hoped.

Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:46 pm

jacob wrote:From the Web

Priscilla Presley doesn't think she'll ever find another man she loved as much as Elvis.

The 67-year-old actress - who was married to the late singer, who died in 1977, for six years before they divorced - finds it ''pointless'' to compare him to other guys because nobody will ever be able to better the 'Hound Dog' hitmaker.

She said: ''I don't think I'll ever find anyone I'll love as much as I loved Elvis. It's pointless trying to compare him to anyone.

''Yes, some men I've been with have mattered to me, but Elvis was my first love, he'll be my last.''

Priscilla had one child, Lisa Marie, 44, with Elvis and she admits the pair have both had trouble finding men over the years because they still live in ''the shadow of Elvis''.

She explained: ''Lisa Marie first got married at 20, and became pregnant at 21 - almost the same age as me. We had a long talk about it, but then she did exactly what she wanted to do. Just like her father!

''Sadly, that marriage didn't work out and I have to admit we've both had problems with men over the years. We've both made some bad choices. And maybe it's because we both still live with the shadow of Elvis.

''What I mean is, any man who comes into our lives has to understand that being with us can be overwhelming. The whole world is always watching.''

Priscilla refers to Lisa - who has three-year-old twin daughters, Harper and Finley, with husband Michael Lockwood - as her ''best friend'' nowadays but she didn't get on well with her daughter when the she split with Elvis as while she was trying to enforce some rules in the youngster's life, he would let her do ''whatever she wanted to'', and Priscilla was ''fearful'' that Lisa was getting mixed up in drugs.

She added to The Sunday Times Magazine: ''I knew she was getting in with the wrong crowd. Drugs were prevalent. Underage drinking.

''I was so fearful that I used to follow her when she went out at night ... I used to drive her to school, just to make sure she was actually going to school.''

Copyright © bangshowbiz.com 2012.

Priscilla had one child, Lisa Marie, ????????
Who is Navaronne ?

Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:24 pm

Priscilla had one child with Elvis that's correct.

Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:16 pm

brian wrote:Priscilla had one child with Elvis that's correct.

thanks Brian, my bad english (we speak dutch)

Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:42 pm

sylvain wrote:

Priscilla Presley doesn't think she'll ever find another man she loved as much as Elvis.

The 67-year-old actress - who was married to the late singer, who died in 1977, for six years before they divorced - finds it ''pointless'' to compare him to other guys because nobody will ever be able to better the 'Hound Dog' hitmaker.

She said: ''I don't think I'll ever find anyone I'll love as much as I loved Elvis. It's pointless trying to compare him to anyone.

''Yes, some men I've been with have mattered to me, but Elvis was my first love, he'll be my last.''

Priscilla had one child, Lisa Marie, 44, with Elvis and she admits the pair have both had trouble finding men over the years because they still live in ''the shadow of Elvis''.

She explained: ''Lisa Marie first got married at 20, and became pregnant at 21 - almost the same age as me. We had a long talk about it, but then she did exactly what she wanted to do. Just like her father!

''Sadly, that marriage didn't work out and I have to admit we've both had problems with men over the years. We've both made some bad choices. And maybe it's because we both still live with the shadow of Elvis.

''What I mean is, any man who comes into our lives has to understand that being with us can be overwhelming. The whole world is always watching.''

Priscilla refers to Lisa - who has three-year-old twin daughters, Harper and Finley, with husband Michael Lockwood - as her ''best friend'' nowadays but she didn't get on well with her daughter when the she split with Elvis as while she was trying to enforce some rules in the youngster's life, he would let her do ''whatever she wanted to'', and Priscilla was ''fearful'' that Lisa was getting mixed up in drugs.

She added to The Sunday Times Magazine: ''I knew she was getting in with the wrong crowd. Drugs were prevalent. Underage drinking.

''I was so fearful that I used to follow her when she went out at night ... I used to drive her to school, just to make sure she was actually going to school.''

Who is Navaronne ?

That's her second child, a son. From her relationship with Marco Garibaldi.

Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:15 pm

luckyjackson1 wrote:
sylvain wrote:

Who is Navaronne ?

That's her second child, a son. From her relationship with Marco Garibaldi.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:25 pm

Just one year after the wedding, Cilla had an affair with her dance instructor, as she writes in Elvis and Me. Back then, she never had a proof for Elvis cheating her in the first year of their marriage. So she started to cheat Elvis, right? Of course Elvis began an affair with Susan Henning in June 1968, but I wonder if Elvis knew about Priscilla's affair. He couldn't believe her relationship with Mike Stone either, until it was too late. Maybe Elvis was to much confident that Cilla would never be with another man. Regarding Linda: I think she was the only one of Elvis's girlfriends who studied more than a highschool. This think speak volumes because she was a very smart girl.

Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:34 pm

thank you

Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:18 pm

Let's face it-all relationships are complicated. But no matter how you slice she was 14 years old. So you really expect that a 14 year old wouldn't change as she matured into a woman. Whether calculating or not, Elvis was a serial cheater and Pris just grew up and wanted different things. Elvis drug problem with a young daughter likely changed her thinking as well. I'm sure that she has powerful memories of love and lust when she thinks back to her youth. He is dead 35 years and their relationship ended 40 years ago-she doesn't love him and like most of us can barely remember it. Life moves on and he was a force bigger than life. She shared a daughter with him. No doubt he left an indelible imprint but she moved on a lifetime ago. Time heals all wounds;at this point she can forget bad and take the best. Shame though how she ruined her face-there is no fountain of youth.

Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:17 pm

jak wrote:Priscilla always gets the blame because she left Elvis and many fans point to this as the start of his downfall.I think you should look at the whole picture.What was Elvis' track record with women?How about Linda?Was Elvis faithfull?The truth is Elvis wasnt faithfull to any of his women.Im not trashing Elvis.That's just the way he was.They either accepted it or they didnt.Elvis had a seperate set of rules for himself..From the standpoint of loyalty,he treated his women like crap.

Infact Elvis didn't like the word: Women's rights... This question was put to him also at the MSG pressconference!

Regarding some socalled fans who blame Priscilla for Elvis his downfall: Elvis again was and is no Saint and if there is one person who we all should be all gratefull for keeping Elvis his name,brand and everything else alive, then that would be only Priscilla. If it was not for her Elvis his legacy would not be where it is today. And Linda Thompson and all those other girlfriends who came after her were golddiggers despite that they made Elvis feel good and accepted his lifestyle.

I would also accept someone his lifestyle if he paid for my everything i needed.

Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:18 pm

If Linda was a goldigger what do you think about Cilla reopening the divorce case in May 1973 and requesting to Elvis millions of dollars?

Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:52 pm

jurasic1968 wrote:If Linda was a goldigger what do you think about Cilla reopening the divorce case in May 1973 and requesting to Elvis millions of dollars?

See as Elvis' own lawyer advised Priscilla with regard to the original settlement, it makes sense that once she was able to retain her own attorney, the settlement, on their advice, was renegotiated... nothing unusual about that.
After investing aprox. 13 years in a relationship with Elvis, I'd hardly call that gold-digging.

Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:46 pm

Well,,,,,It's one for the money!

Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:55 am

IMO Priscilla was cold as a long highway. Though I do believe Elvis molded her that way. I couldn't imagine how it was being in a relationship with him, knowing his mindset was hey I can go do or see whoever I wish and always go home to my wife and child locked out in the mansion in California or Tennessee. No wonder she started to become independent I believe Priscilla gets alot of heat because she's the easiest to blame for Elvis' downfall since it fell apart after she left him.

Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:19 pm

jurasic1968 wrote: I think she was the only one of Elvis's girlfriends who studied more than a highschool. This think speak volumes because she was a very smart girl.

Ann Margret attended Northwestern University for a year before deciding to pursue a career as a singer.