Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Priscilla Presley; I'll Never Find Another Elvis

Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:35 am

From the Web

Priscilla Presley doesn't think she'll ever find another man she loved as much as Elvis.

The 67-year-old actress - who was married to the late singer, who died in 1977, for six years before they divorced - finds it ''pointless'' to compare him to other guys because nobody will ever be able to better the 'Hound Dog' hitmaker.

She said: ''I don't think I'll ever find anyone I'll love as much as I loved Elvis. It's pointless trying to compare him to anyone.

''Yes, some men I've been with have mattered to me, but Elvis was my first love, he'll be my last.''

Priscilla had one child, Lisa Marie, 44, with Elvis and she admits the pair have both had trouble finding men over the years because they still live in ''the shadow of Elvis''.

She explained: ''Lisa Marie first got married at 20, and became pregnant at 21 - almost the same age as me. We had a long talk about it, but then she did exactly what she wanted to do. Just like her father!

''Sadly, that marriage didn't work out and I have to admit we've both had problems with men over the years. We've both made some bad choices. And maybe it's because we both still live with the shadow of Elvis.

''What I mean is, any man who comes into our lives has to understand that being with us can be overwhelming. The whole world is always watching.''

Priscilla refers to Lisa - who has three-year-old twin daughters, Harper and Finley, with husband Michael Lockwood - as her ''best friend'' nowadays but she didn't get on well with her daughter when the she split with Elvis as while she was trying to enforce some rules in the youngster's life, he would let her do ''whatever she wanted to'', and Priscilla was ''fearful'' that Lisa was getting mixed up in drugs.

She added to The Sunday Times Magazine: ''I knew she was getting in with the wrong crowd. Drugs were prevalent. Underage drinking.

''I was so fearful that I used to follow her when she went out at night ... I used to drive her to school, just to make sure she was actually going to school.''

Copyright © bangshowbiz.com 2012.

Re: Priscilla Presley; I'll Never Find Another Elvis

Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:40 pm

Yeah thats why she was screwing Mike Stone behind his back and her dance instructor in 68 and hard telling who else ,,because she loved him so much

When you're in the shadow of Elvis you marry a pedophile. ....what a bunch of BS . :roll:

Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:50 pm

promiseland wrote:Yeah thats why she was screwing Mike Stone behind his back and her dance instructor in 68 and hard telling who else ,,because she loved him so much

Then Elvis must have truly hated her during their time together if this is the yardstick her feelings for him are measured against.

Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:09 pm

Matthew wrote:
promiseland wrote:Yeah thats why she was screwing Mike Stone behind his back and her dance instructor in 68 and hard telling who else ,,because she loved him so much

Then Elvis must have truly hated her during their time together if this is the yardstick her feelings for him are measured against.

I think she knew what she was getting into from the get go, even at 14.
If not for Elvis we wouldn't even know who she is.
She repayed him dearly for that in Mike Stones bed.

Priscilla Presley; I'll Never Find Another Elvis

Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:34 pm

Hogwash. Elvis was the husband and as you highlight, she was very young. The marriage issues were Elvis' ultimate responsibility and if he paid her the attention due any wife, and not repeatedly broken his marriage vows with affair after affair it is less likely she would have been driven into the arms of another - not that she's innocent in their marriage problems though.

I don't see what relevance her resultant fame has to do with anything.

Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:55 pm

Well I'm quite sure we know Elvis was no saint, but the marriage was suppose to be for better or worse till death do us part and with all the countless affairs Elvis had, Priscilla was still his wife through it all, not once do I ever recall reading Elvis ever told her I'm leaving you for this woman, or I'm in love with another woman I'm leaving you it's over. Elvis may have knew he was doing wrong, but to him she was still his wife.
Priscilla has just a couple affairs herself Falls In Love and tells Elvis shes leaving him it's over and wants a divorce??
But yet to this day she still insists to keep the Presley name for her benefit.

Something sure seems wrong with this picture here doesn't it? :?

Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:15 pm

Elvis was no marriage person.
He had his friends living with him, even when he got married.
He had affair after affair. Just look at the June 1968 footage with that blonde woman and the look at his face when he discovers the cameras are rolling!
I am surprised Priscilla accepted what Elvis did for so long.

Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:19 pm

robg wrote:well she is paying for it now, just look at her face, even Michael jackson would be shocked.

Yes with Elvis' money...

Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:25 pm

robg wrote:well she is paying for it now, just look at her face, even Michael jackson would be shocked.

lol the only good side to her face now is that it got her a role for the wicked Queen in Snow White LOL

Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:27 pm

I think shes calculating!!!

Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:47 pm

Yea any of you read Child Bride? Say's she was sleeping with Currie Grant before Elvis.Very interesting book that dispells alot of the myths.I think she's a very clever and calculating woman who knew what she wanted and went for it.

Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:48 pm

Everybody around Elvis was/is calculating.

Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:23 pm

Elvis was totally responsible for the marriage breakup. I don't think how anyone could maintain a relationship in the environment Elvis created and lived in. He had one rule for him and another for Priscilla. I don't doubt she has got the best out if the situation for her and Lisa but most people would do the same. However, I believe her when she says she still loves him as Elvis still loved her to his death. A person can love someone without necessarily being able to live with them.

Cheers

Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:25 pm

Priscilla, and alas Lisa, seem to think that no one remembers the things they said years before that they now contradict. That's show biz, I guess. And publicity.

Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:31 pm

jacob wrote:Yea any of you read Child Bride? Say's she was sleeping with Currie Grant before Elvis.Very interesting book that dispells alot of the myths.I think she's a very clever and calculating woman who knew what she wanted and went for it.

But it's also so obviously written with a big agenda that you have to be wary of what is said.
Anyway, why wouldn't she go for it? Elvis was the biggest star and the biggest hearthrob in the world. Priscillla was a teenage girl. Of course she would be blown away by him and of course she would want him.

I've always thought that Priscilla would have been faithful if Elvis had been. Some wives of these famous guys can endure the infidelity and lack of attention and some can't. She couldn't.

Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:35 pm

Johnny2523 wrote:

lol the only good side to her face now is that it got her a role for the wicked Queen in Snow White LOL

If ever a role suited her it's this wicked queen role.

Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:53 pm

Jamie wrote:Elvis was totally responsible for the marriage breakup. I don't think how anyone could maintain a relationship in the environment Elvis created and lived in. He had one rule for him and another for Priscilla. I don't doubt she has got the best out if the situation for her and Lisa but most people would do the same. However, I believe her when she says she still loves him as Elvis still loved her to his death. A person can love someone without necessarily being able to live with them.

Cheers

agree there.........

Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:56 pm

Jamie wrote:Elvis was totally responsible for the marriage breakup. I don't think how anyone could maintain a relationship in the environment Elvis created and lived in. He had one rule for him and another for Priscilla. I don't doubt she has got the best out if the situation for her and Lisa but most people would do the same. However, I believe her when she says she still loves him as Elvis still loved her to his death. A person can love someone without necessarily being able to live with them.

Good post.

Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:58 pm

Nothing really wrong with what Priscilla is saying.

Priscilla said the same thing several years ago.

I think what she means in regards to Lisa is that her first husband Danny Keough became insecure about Lisa's fame as Elvis' daughter.

That caused relationship problems between them which led to their divorce.
Danny Keough was a struggling musician that didn't like being overshadowed.

These statements about Elvis must piss off or annoy Priscilla's ex-boyfriend Marco Garabaldi.

Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:09 pm

Cheers

...and a person can love someone and care for many others...

Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:11 pm

One thing is that she decided to leave him, I think most of us understand why she did that. What I find pretty 'cold' is that she didn't do anything to help the father of her little girl and the love of her life when he had major problems in his life. Those close to Elvis said that they never heard about Priscilla trying to help Elvis after they split up. I know, it wasn't her responsibility. And it probably wouldn't have helped. But still, wouldn't many have at least tried to do something? She left and never looked back. I also remember I read that Shirley Dieu lost the respect for Priscilla when Elvis and the gang went on a visit to Priscilla and Elvis was wearing the ski-outfit he used in Vail, Colorado. When Elvis didn't see Priscilla face-to-face that evening she made fun of him...like 'look at this guy :roll: '

They way she has treated the Smith-side of the family after Elvis passed away is disgrace by the way.

Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:00 pm

There are so many stories out there and who knows what was true and what wasnt or importantly the context to the event or situation being described. I don't doubt bad things were done by both parties and probably regretted. I just look at what Elvis still felt about her and Priscilla seems genuine to me in her emotions, mostpeople I believe would still care for the first love and parent of their child. They were still friends before Elvis died and apparently spoke on the phone. As Priscila was putting the care if her child in Elvis hands I find it hard to believe she wasnt in touch with Joe et al to check on Elvis health and well-being. But she surely needed some space at least for the first few years to make the break. I guess I've always viewed it as a bit of a tragedy. Two people who loved each other but couldn't live the life dictated by circumstances and largely Elvis life choices.

J

Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:08 pm

When you're in the shadow of Elvis you marry a pedophile. ....what a bunch of BS . :roll:

Brill Point Promised Land
Love Ya Answer - /Comment - Ty Buddy
.....................................................................................
Folks This May Be Reasons -
Perhaps Shes Running Out Funds These Days Since Shes Not Makn Many Movies etc
Figure This Out Folks - Its Just A Thought ---------------
::rocks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:13 am

Elvis cheated on Priscilla long before she ever was unfaithful to him. So let's cut her some slack.

Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:28 am

Priscilla is insane - she's a scientologist!