Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

You'll Never Walk Alone Album - Mono Masters?

Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:21 am

I got this album in mono, is it worth anything?

Re: You'll Never Walk Alone Album - Mono Masters?

Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:26 pm

Johnny2523 wrote:I got this album in mono, is it worth anything?

I saw one in a charity shop today in Northampton, UK for £1. It is one of those (like the Camden lable Christmas album reissue) that is virtually worthless.

Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:54 pm

Tony.. wrote:

I saw one in a charity shop today in Northampton, UK for £1. It is one of those (like the Camden lable Christmas album reissue) that is virtually worthless.

I am SURE you did :mrgreen:

Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:01 pm

Andy-M wrote:
Tony.. wrote:

i,m sure he did as well, It`s the stereo marked and CDS prefix but actually mono version with the Elvis for everyone style cover that is quite rare and collectable, The standard mono release is probably overpriced at a quid.

40-01.jpg

Alan.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:12 pm

Chad Gates wrote:i,m sure he did as well,

Me too. There are two things you can be guaranteed to find in at least one charity shop in every town you visit: A copy of "You'll Never Walk Alone" by Elvis, and the book " 'Tis" by Frank McCourt.

Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:15 pm

Walk into your local charity shop and see for yourself how much it is "worth".
Don't spend those 50p all at once! :smt003

Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:31 pm

it was more kind of a joke duh coz of the FTD releases containing mono masters lol

Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:42 pm

Johnny2523 wrote:it was more kind of a joke duh coz of the FTD releases containing mono masters lol

Oh well in that case i wont feel so bad about asking how valuable my pink vinyl 40 greatest hits is :P .

Alan.

Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:47 pm

The Pirate wrote:

Me too. There are two things you can be guaranteed to find in at least one charity shop in every town you visit: A copy of "You'll Never Walk Alone" by Elvis, and the book " 'Tis" by Frank McCourt.

I also saw plenty of Val Doonican and Harry Secombe records plus CD's by all past and forgotten UK "X Factor" winners such as Paul Potts, Journey South etc in the charity shop. All need to be re-cycled.

Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:49 pm

Tony.. wrote:
The Pirate wrote:

I also saw plenty of Val Doonican and Harry Secombe records plus CD's by all past and forgotten UK "X Factor" winners such as Paul Potts, Journey South etc in the charity shop. All need to be re-cycled.

im sure u did buddy - many versions are available now at Charity shops nation wide from ppl who have cds of same title - Ok - Good Luc in ya searches and finds - TCE4Ever ::rocks

Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:25 pm

Johnny2523 wrote:it was more kind of a joke duh coz of the FTD releases containing mono masters lol

You know how to do it
:mrgreen: :smt003

Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:53 pm

Chad Gates wrote:

Oh well in that case i wont feel so bad about asking how valuable my pink vinyl 40 greatest hits is :P .

Alan.

I've heard so many people think they have something rare because they have the pink vinyl version when in reality this is very very common. Much rarer, but still not that rare, is the BLACK vinyl version. Both versions are nice to own though and in MINT condition, I would say they are priced at £5-10 for the pink and £10-20 for the black in today's climate. This would be for stone MINT though.

I've always found 40 Greatest Hits (brown album) quite interesting too. Collectors dismiss this album totally but I would say the WHITE label variant is pretty scarce and hard to find. Yellow and blue labels easy but white very tricky. They say red labels exist too but I've never seen a copy.

elvisonline

Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:55 pm

According to "Elvis UK" book, the white label variants could be just a problem with the dyeing process during the manufacturing of some of them.

Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:24 pm

Tony.. wrote:According to "Elvis UK" book, the white label variants could be just a problem with the dyeing process during the manufacturing of some of them.

Yes, I've seen that too Tony. Problem or not you don't see that many copies with white labels. I always check the label colour just in case they are white or even red!

That's the beauty of collecting, it doesn't always have to be expensive to find something obscure. I've got a few records with incorrect labels etc and a few Elvis with Jim Reeves labels in error. I once found (and still have) the horrible Camden Christmas Album White Sleeve CDS1155 arguably the most common Elvis record along with US Male and Separate Ways etc. Its only redeeming feature is that it has a Jim Reeves label on Side 2! No doubt a throwaway record but made kind of neat with the label error!

elvisonline

Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:57 am

Andy-M wrote:
Tony.. wrote:

I bought this in 1986 for 4 DM at a flea market... :wink:

Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:11 pm

I would assume maybe the original vinyl release of this Camden album would be harder to find.
1. You'll Never Walk Alone 2:42 #
2. Who Am I? 3:17 #
3. Let Us Pray 2:59 #
4. Peace In The Valley 3:20 *
5. We Call On Him 2:32 #
6. I Believe 2:04 *
7. It Is No Secret 3:54 *
8. Sing You Children 2:08 *
9. Take My Hand, Precious Lord 3:17 *

# = STEREO
* = Mono