October and December FTDs

Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

KingElvis

Re: October and December FTDs

Post by KingElvis »

ale wrote:about EP Blvd...wonder why Ernst left out these complete takes??...maybe no space left? :roll: :

Love coming Down 2
Never Again 4
Never Again 5
Solitaire 8

they would be welcome on Moody blue FTD anyway as bonus tracks.. :wink: ...he did something similar with 3 songs on Elvis Country FTD
Dont remember all of them but the marked ones are really nice and complete takes.

voldto

Post by voldto »

august 1972 rehearsals? looking forward to this
hope they have more unreleased rehearsal stuff coming
really hope they have jan 1972 rehearsals with american trilogy taking shape

rlj4ep
Mood:

Post by rlj4ep »

voldto wrote:august 1972 rehearsals? looking forward to this
hope they have more unreleased rehearsal stuff coming
really hope they have jan 1972 rehearsals with american trilogy taking shape

It would be interesting to hear the evolution of "Trilogy." Elvis' version is the most dramatic I have ever heard. It really would be interesting to hear Elvis and the band working out the details of this one. Good thought....

rlj

Topic author
epf

Post by epf »

Finally i got the october cd sets. I am not disappointed, even though one set seems redundant. But i like it nonetheless and to have the booklet explain its reason for releasing it, i thought it was a rather nice nod at the hardcore FTD-collector.

FEPB could never be a good set in objective listens because of the state of the boss's health. Despite that, there are nice gems to be found and my appreciation for The Jungle Room set grew because they really were the best picks of this problematic times. Nevertheless, a great addition to the FTD family and historically important because of Elvis singing live from EP Boulevard, too! (did anyone fall for that at the time?)