October and December FTDs

Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

midnightx

Re: October and December FTDs

Post by midnightx »

Has it ever been confirmed that that MSG rehearsals were actually taped? That said, I think it is likely that some form of recording took place at many Presley rehearsals from the '70s. Nice to see some of these tapes finally surfacing in an official capacity.

Topic author
Rob

Post by Rob »

Rigs wrote:I don't know who is more retarted the producers or the ones who will buy this turd of a release!
What are your thoughts about the ones who can't spell it?

I'm still skeptical about this actually being released by FTD. I'll believe it when I see it. However, if this is really released by FTD, I'm kissing someone's ass.

It will also be the first FTD release that I skip.

thistrain

Post by thistrain »

Yes! So glad to see that From EP Blvd is coming out as a Classic Album release this year. One of my favorite 70s albums of his. Looking forward to hearing all those outtakes/alternate versions and packaging presented in FTD quality standards.

Combine that with Back in Memphis, A Boy from Tupelo, and A Prince from Another Planet and you have one outstanding release year!

Topic author
poormadpeter

Post by poormadpeter »

midnightx wrote:Has it ever been confirmed that that MSG rehearsals were actually taped? That said, I think it is likely that some form of recording took place at many Presley rehearsals from the '70s. Nice to see some of these tapes finally surfacing in an official capacity.
If they weren't taped how did EJ get a list of songs rehearsed for the Life In Music book? Were they in notation form?

KingElvis

Post by KingElvis »

MysteryTrain wrote:Is it possible that the December release of "Back In Memphis" really is "From Elvis In Memphis"? It seems strange to release "Back In Memphis" before "From Elvis In Memphis."

MT

Well "From Elvis In Memphis" is a much stronger album than "Back In Memphis"......saving the best for last?

Burning Love

Post by Burning Love »

No America on From Elvis Presley Blvd Memphis, Tennessee? Its also my understanding that there might be a bit more of the recording than released on the Jungle Room Sessions

Burning Love

midnightx

Post by midnightx »

poormadpeter wrote:
midnightx wrote:Has it ever been confirmed that that MSG rehearsals were actually taped? That said, I think it is likely that some form of recording took place at many Presley rehearsals from the '70s. Nice to see some of these tapes finally surfacing in an official capacity.
If they weren't taped how did EJ get a list of songs rehearsed for the Life In Music book? Were they in notation form?
Ernst had access to various kinds of "documentation." He has made it clear that some of his lists referenced are just that, lists. Not every list references an actual tape.

midnightx

Post by midnightx »

Burning Love wrote:No America on From Elvis Presley Blvd Memphis, Tennessee? Its also my understanding that there might be a bit more of the recording than released on the Jungle Room Sessions

Burning Love
The bigger concern is that Feelings is not on the track-listing.

Steamstan

Post by Steamstan »

midnightx wrote:
Burning Love wrote:No America on From Elvis Presley Blvd Memphis, Tennessee? Its also my understanding that there might be a bit more of the recording than released on the Jungle Room Sessions

Burning Love
The bigger concern is that Feelings is not on the track-listing.
''What the f*ck man?'' (said with voice of Jeff Bridges) The existing part of America (which was featured on Jungle Room Sessions) will be placed before take 1 of ''Blue eyes crying in the rain'' as in chronological order of sessions as Ken Jensen and me talked about couple of pages earlier

daylon

Post by daylon »

Rigs wrote:Is Ernst getting Senile??? A greatest hits on a collectors label?????? This release is basic the essential 70's masters. I don't know who is more retarted the producers or the ones who will buy this turd of a release!
Are you a knob???

midnightx

Post by midnightx »

Where is Feelings?

Burning Love

Post by Burning Love »

Thanks for that answer

Burning Love

Topic author
JerryNodak

Post by JerryNodak »

Rigs wrote:Is Ernst getting Senile??? A greatest hits on a collectors label?????? This release is basic the essential 70's masters. I don't know who is more retarted the producers or the ones who will buy this turd of a release!
Such name calling brings your own intelligence in to question. FTD puts the releases out there. We are then free to do as we wish. I welcome all releases on FTD whether I purchase a certain release or not.

Topic author
King Volcano

Post by King Volcano »

Rob wrote:
Rigs wrote:I don't know who is more retarted the producers or the ones who will buy this turd of a release!

I'm still skeptical about this actually being released by FTD. I'll believe it when I see it. However, if this is really released by FTD, I'm kissing someone's ass.

If the official Camden CD reissues sold, I guess this will too? Not that I'll get it probably, but just sayin :)

There must be quite a few people with a full set of Sony Camden CDs, which would have cost more that one FTD and equally as pointless (or not, depending on point of view).

Mister Mike

Post by Mister Mike »

midnightx wrote:Where is Feelings?
Way down in the sea of love....

Elvis fan. From Sun to Sundial.

JEFF d

Post by JEFF d »

ekenee wrote:Vegas Aug. 12, 1972
Is this the Blazing Into Darkness show?

JEFF d
EP fan

JEFF d
EP fan

Topic author
poormadpeter

Post by poormadpeter »

King Volcano wrote:
Rob wrote:

If the official Camden CD reissues sold, I guess this will too? Not that I'll get it probably, but just sayin :)

There must be quite a few people with a full set of Sony Camden CDs, which would have cost more that one FTD and equally as pointless (or not, depending on point of view).
Yes, but there is the crux of it. Most of the Camden albums can be picked up for a few pounds, whereas this effort is going to cost more than all of them put together. If Hits of the 70s was reissued just with the original track listing at a budget or mid-price level, then many would pick it up if only for sentimentality associated with the old LP. Here, though, ithe track listing is extended to a double CD and therefore the songs from the original album are dwarfed by a cavalcade of other masters and therefore we are not really getting the original album either! The same could be argued for the classic album series in general, but at least the extra material is generally outtakes of the same songs and so you can actually remember what album you are listening to!

midnightx

Post by midnightx »

JEFF d wrote:
ekenee wrote:Vegas Aug. 12, 1972
Is this the Blazing Into Darkness show?

JEFF d
EP fan
Yes, plus a rehearsal on disc 2.

memphisound
Banned - Previously Banned Member Who Returned.
Banned - Previously Banned Member Who Returned.

Post by memphisound »

Rob wrote:

So let me get this straight.

If you have a soundboard of a concert thats been bootlegged, and FTD release it, you'll buy it again from FTD, the same show mind you.

But if FTD release an album thats been made already by RCA or whoever, you won't buy it?

Thats interesting logic.

PREVIOUSLY BANNED MEMBER "BRADM".

elvissessions

Post by elvissessions »

memphisound wrote:Thats interesting logic.
Makes sense to me ... if the masters were sourced or processed differently, as the bootleg tapes have been, there's a reason to purchase.

If it's a straight duplication of masters, there's really no audible reason to buy. (There may be *other* reasons, but sound wouldn't be one, as far as we know, anyways.)

steve in SC

Post by steve in SC »

So I guess the original post was wrong? No Back In Memphis. No Rehearsal, and no Vegas show?

Topic author
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Why do you say that?

rlj4ep
Mood:

Post by rlj4ep »

I look forward to these releases...., however, I have to join the chorus of "are you kidding me" for the Hits of the 70's. That one does not excite me. Why not give us Kissin' Cousin, Speedway, Flaming Star, or the rest of the Elvis on Tour material.
Gosh some of us aren't getting any younger!

rlj

elvis-fan

Post by elvis-fan »

midnightx wrote:
elvis-fan wrote:I'll definitely pickup the Hits of the 70's CD... I was never able to get my hands on the album. It'll be a great comp to throw on the iPod and shuffle.

Don't you now have all the material where you can replicate the tracklisting?
But what about the cover? :shock:
The backlash over this yet-to-be-released FTD is only slightly over the top... if these are all the VA remasters that are part of TCM then it's a release I'll buy as I didn't purchase TCM... and the 70's box set doesn't quite cut it anymore. And yes... I'm extremely lazy and choose to purchase my comp's for my iPod instead of creating my own. :wink:

Tim C
Prolonged Suspension. Repeat Offender
Prolonged Suspension. Repeat Offender

Post by Tim C »

What an awful cover. Other than that, can't wait for it. :lol:

When someone has an audience, do not disrupt them with the purpose of stealing their audience.
When you do a favor do not make others notice your effort.
Do not be impressed by strong personalities.