October and December FTDs

Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Tony..

Re: October and December FTDs

Post by Tony.. »

Matthew wrote:Thankfully TONY's got a thicker skin than you. Maybe you need to lighten up?

Just a thought.
:lol: :D
Last edited by Tony.. on Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

robg wrote:Some may not get it because they see nothing new, its called personal choice, no need to whine on about it, it’s not as if FTD only release two titles a year, if that were the case then I may agree, but give them a break, Matthew you’ll be saying next FTD has been taken over by MRS next.
Whoa there fella, do you have a wedgie or something? You seem highly strung this morn'. I refer you to guideline #11... :wink:

When In Rome

Post by When In Rome »

I'm surprised 'Hits of the '70's' isn't a 5" digipack release (like 'Our Memories of Elvis' and 'Too Much Monkey Business') whether mono versions are there or not, it's hardly a classic album since it was only released in the UK (and Europe?), saying that we had 'Tickle Me' and 'Wild in the Country' in the 7" format but at least they had a few alternates etc...
However, I always loved this album and if I've got the cash, I might just...
I'll definitely have to find the cash for '...Boulevard' and 'Back In Memphis' though!!

Well, Good evenin', don't that sun look good goin' down...

Topic author
The Pirate

Post by The Pirate »

Matthew wrote: It's surprising FTD have not offered more information around this release. Surely they expected the bemused response from the fanbase!
It could be that they're deliberately withholding information, knowing full well that this set would get a lukewarm response. If there are Mono mixes on there, for example, then by the time they get round to revealing that, they'll be hoping everyone is going to be so relieved they'll immediately order a copy.

Or not. We'll have to wait and see.

Topic author
Deleted User 1099

Post by Deleted User 1099 »

robg wrote:Going by most of your posts you are looking to make an argument out of thin air, I suggest it is yourself that needs to get a grip of life, and see what is outside your four walls instead of continually looking to provoke.
End of!
remember you'll never be the Doc, in a million years.
Matthew is not one to make an argument out of thin air, and he is not trying to be "the Doc". It’s obvious you have a beef with him, "newbie", because you certainly haven’t read his posts. For the record, there was nothing provocative in Matthew’s post.

rickeap

Post by rickeap »

robg wrote:Going by most of your posts you are looking to make an argument out of thin air, I suggest it is yourself that needs to get a grip of life, and see what is outside your four walls instead of continually looking to provoke.
End of!
remember you'll never be the Doc, in a million years.

There clearly wasn't any malice intended. This topic has been going along nicely, let's not go off track.

Alexander

Post by Alexander »

The Norwegian site mentioned that FTD is going to release the August 12, 1972 soundboard ('Blaze into Darkness') AND rehearsals from August 1972. From this site nor other news sites I can not determine whether this is a 2CD digipack with a concert and rehearsals or twee separate stand alone CDs. Anyone any thoughts?

hm80ep

Post by hm80ep »

I'll be skipping "Hits of the '70s" too, which is (sadly) going to be the very first FTD CD not to be part of my collection.

By the way, Cisco did you suggest the already available title to Ernst? :smt017
Last edited by hm80ep on Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Henryk

Topic author
Deleted User 1099

Alexander wrote:The Norwegian site mentioned that FTD is going to release the August 12, 1972 soundboard ('Blaze into Darkness') AND rehearsals from August 1972. From this site nor other news sites I can not determine whether this is a 2CD digipack with a concert and rehearsals or twee separate stand alone CDs. Anyone any thoughts?
It’s a 2-CD set (digipack). Rehearsals from early August.

Alexander

Post by Alexander »

Ken Jensen wrote:
Alexander wrote:The Norwegian site mentioned that FTD is going to release the August 12, 1972 soundboard ('Blaze into Darkness') AND rehearsals from August 1972. From this site nor other news sites I can not determine whether this is a 2CD digipack with a concert and rehearsals or twee separate stand alone CDs. Anyone any thoughts?
Thanks Ken. So 2CDs full of rehearsals from August? The material known so far has a running time of only 25 minutes (approx) so we may be in for some new stuff here!

Topic author
Deleted User 1099

Alexander, they have the complete rehearsals, with much more stuff on them than released on bootleg. This will be a blast, in much better sound quality than before. The soundboard will be the same, more or less, but the rehearsals will sound just as fine as the January 1973 rehearsal issued earlier this year.

jon_burrows

Post by jon_burrows »

Alexander wrote:
Ken Jensen wrote:
Thanks Ken. So 2CDs full of rehearsals from August?...
Is that correct, 2cds full of rehearsals

or

1 cd soundboard of the August 12 DS AND 1 cd of the rehearsals?

Have the rehearsals been released on CD before?

MysteryTrain

Post by MysteryTrain »

Is it possible that the December release of "Back In Memphis" really is "From Elvis In Memphis"? It seems strange to release "Back In Memphis" before "From Elvis In Memphis."

MT

Topic author
Deleted User 1099

It’s a 2-CD set. CD 1: Rehearsals early August 1972 (a few tracks from incomplete rehearsals previously released, but these are the full tapes that Ernst/FTD is in possession of). CD 2: August 12, 1972, dinner show. Probably with bonus tracks not normally performed during this season.

YDKM

Post by YDKM »

:D i have been away on isle of man......so nothing since Rick WAKEMAN CD! :?
reahearsals from 1972 are 'EXCITING' but the other CD's boulevard and hits of 70's really isn't all that exciting for me to collect and listen to.
again the August 1972 stuff will get my full and 100% support/listening attention! :roll: :D

Bruce Jackson Born June 3rd 1949- Died January 29th 2011 Elvis's Sound Engineer from 1971-1977.
You Don't Know Me!

Ciscoking

Post by Ciscoking »

I am not involved here...it`s not a single SB release..and the show fits to the rehearsal...my turn is next year.

Thanks to Ernst Joergensen, Roger Semon and Erik Rasmussen for the great work. Keep the spirit alive !

Topic author
Deleted User 1099

Ciscoking wrote:I am not involved here...it`s not a single SB release..and the show fits to the rehearsal...my turn is next year.
And we are looking forward to that. :D

However, we need another 1976 show soon. Either one of the missing tour or Vegas. We also need a soundboard from the April/May 1977 tour.

Ciscoking

Post by Ciscoking »

Thank you, Ken for the nice words...I made suggestions to Ernst..let`s see what he takes.

Looking forward to the upcoming releases..and thanks again for the infos.. :smt006

Thanks to Ernst Joergensen, Roger Semon and Erik Rasmussen for the great work. Keep the spirit alive !

Topic author
Deleted User 1099

You’re welcome, Cisco. And thank you for being involved with FTD. Another Saturday Night was a treat. Elvis’s comments in-between songs really make it special.

jon_burrows

Post by jon_burrows »

Ken Jensen wrote:It’s a 2-CD set. CD 1: Rehearsals early August 1972 (a few tracks from incomplete rehearsals previously released, but these are the full tapes that Ernst/FTD is in possession of). CD 2: August 12, 1972, dinner show. Probably with bonus tracks not normally performed during this season.
Thank you, Ken.

Do you know which CD they were previously released on?

Thanks.

ale

Post by ale »

I've found that Blue Eyes Crying In The Rain – take 4 is totally new as it wasn't release on Welcome to the Jungle boot 8)

debtd1

Post by debtd1 »

I'm skipping these, waiting for the December releases.......

"No-one, but no-one, is his equal, or ever will be. He was, and is supreme". Mick Jagger

Rigs

Post by Rigs »

Is Ernst getting Senile??? A greatest hits on a collectors label?????? This release is basic the essential 70's masters. I don't know who is more retarted the producers or the ones who will buy this turd of a release!

Opinions are like a-s-s-h-o-l-e-s: everyone has got one

Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man

Post by Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man »

the 1972 rehearsal disc sounds like the main one I'll be waiting for. A nice companion to the recently released January 1973 rehearsals.

I hope they have the other August 74 rehearsal with tracks like She's Not you! That'd be a real treat!

TELL IT LIKE IT IS, SON!!! Excusez-moi monsieur ?
Image Image

Johnny2523

Post by Johnny2523 »

Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man wrote:the 1972 rehearsal disc sounds like the main one I'll be waiting for. A nice companion to the recently released January 1973 rehearsals.

I hope they have the other August 74 rehearsal with tracks like She's Not you! That'd be a real treat!
i would hope so to but then its just waiting for people to give a negative view on elvis his rehearsal for that song lol,
Lets hope it gets released sometime and lets pray that people not goin to say ah the sound is not that good, i dont like this release and blahblah. Even if ernsts brings us something totally new not bootleged theres still complaining.

But i gotta agree with the others What the heck is the logic for Hits of The 70's they are all masters. in their STEREO form?.. I mean if i wanted to listen to it i rather buy the LP or make a compilation of the tracks used from the complete masters :smt003 :smt003

Boulevard sounds good to me, And Blazing Into Darkness aint my favourite concert but its a good one thou. I notice alot of those august 1972 shows where a routine soundboard wise, Now if ernst finds soundboards on The wonder of you, Tiger Man on its own instead of the 11 second piece. Or Mystery Train-Tiger Man from september, Then i be happy enough. I will buy the 2CD set of the ''remastered'' blazing into darkness set (And rehearsal) Only because of the rehearsal.

My hope is that someday the MSG Rehearsals show up (I Really Don't Wanna Know) or holy grail 1969 (You're The Reason im Living, Green Green Grass Of Home, Such A Night

if you'll try a little kindness and you'll overlook the blindness
Of the narrow minded people on the narrow minded streets