Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Elvis In Concert '77 CBS Special (Japan)

Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:57 pm

Saw this posted elsewhere, but im curious too ....

Is the sound quality any better on Elvis In Concert 2CD set from Japan compared to the German and US pressings which are both single CDs?

Re: Elvis In Concert '77 CBS Special (Japan)

Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:12 pm

I have the three pressings you mention, and yes, it sounds a tad better.

Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:42 pm

dennyelvis wrote:Saw this posted elsewhere, but im curious too ....

Is the sound quality any better on Elvis In Concert 2CD set from Japan compared to the German and US pressings which are both single CDs?

Sound quality on 24bit paper sleeve is the best IMO

Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:41 am

I can't wait for a 5.1 surround sound blu-ray.

Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:55 am

midnightx wrote:I can't wait for a 5.1 surround sound blu-ray.

Yes, along with the video footage. :mrgreen:

Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:41 am

I have both the Japanese 2CD set and the 24bit paper sleeve. The 2 CD set is certainly no better than the US edition in terms of sound quality while the Japanese 24bit version is noticably better... it's the best one available.

Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:42 pm

Japan gets all the good stuff...

JEFF d
EP fan

Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:56 pm

I'm sure I'll get shot down for asking by certain members but can any one upload the 24 bit remaster of EIC? Would like to hear the sound difference.

Please PM me

Thanks in advance.

Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:04 pm

At this juncture, given that 85 % of the main catalogue has been issued on FTD, it's only a matter of time (no more than 2 years out) that an EIC 2 CD deluxe will be re-issued on the label.

Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:19 pm

TCB-FAN wrote:At this juncture, given that 85 % of the main catalogue has been issued on FTD, it's only a matter of time (no more than 2 years out) that an EIC 2 CD deluxe will be re-issued on the label.

What a tease... but I hope you're right. I'd like to hear the complete Rapid City show in remixed/remastered sound... while it's far from Elvis at his best, it's a better than average show for 1977... and really his last decent live performance.

Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:50 pm

Which version of My Way is included on the Japan pressing? :D

Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:42 am

I look forward to an FTD issue but would still like to hear the 24 bit version

Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:57 pm

elvisalisellers wrote:Which version of My Way is included on the Japan pressing? :D

The april 25 1977 performance with liner notes saying its June 21 1977 Rapid City!! LOL :smt003 :smt003

Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:07 pm

Im lookn forward to the Ftd version of this -Love to hear the 24Bit Too - Elvis sure sounds good on '77 Recordings - After all he's unique - One Of A Kind - No One Will Replace His Talents /Fame In Any Lifetime - Long Live The King 4Ever - Amen - [/b]

Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:12 pm

elvisalisellers wrote:Which version of My Way is included on the Japan pressing? :D

Now THAT was funny !

Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:21 pm

Hey everyone,

I found a person who has the 2 cd Japan version of EIC. I was doing some research and found this remark from elvis-fan

have both the Japanese 2CD set and the 24bit paper sleeve. The 2 CD set is certainly no better than the US edition in terms of sound quality while the Japanese 24bit version is noticably better... it's the best one available.

It this the opinion of most people. I'm really curious on this because I figured the Japanese version of this was the best no matter what but didn't realize there were different versions that came out. If the sound is better on the 24 bit paper sleeve one, that version is a single disc? Is this that version because I'm seeing several Japan version cds of this release:

www.elvisoncd.com/eigenecd/CD/e/elvisin ... -jp96.html

Thanks for any help in saving my money if it is not worth purchasing the 2 cd version.

Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:15 pm

This should be the one I would think...http://www.elvisoncd.com/frame.htm?http ... -jp96.html

Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:23 pm

ugh!!!the link redirects you to the wrong page and both you and I posted the same link. Apparently you had the correct link as it had the double sleeve as the original album did. It is the one where the cd artwork looks like a blue label vinyl record with "Elvis" across the top. Why the link redirects...who knows. I love the website but linking to certain things has always been a problem, I don't like the format. But it is the go to site for cd information and they work their butts off to keep it up to date.

Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:30 pm

elvis-fan wrote:
TCB-FAN wrote:At this juncture, given that 85 % of the main catalogue has been issued on FTD, it's only a matter of time (no more than 2 years out) that an EIC 2 CD deluxe will be re-issued on the label.

What a tease... but I hope you're right. I'd like to hear the complete Rapid City show in remixed/remastered sound... while it's far from Elvis at his best, it's a better than average show for 1977... and really his last decent live performance.

I enjoy Indianapolis a tad more.

Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:48 pm

This the one ?

www.elvisoncd.com/eigenecd/CD/e/elvisin ... VCP601.htm

Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:06 pm

Tim C wrote:ugh!!!the link redirects you to the wrong page and both you and I posted the same link. Apparently you had the correct link as it had the double sleeve as the original album did. It is the one where the cd artwork looks like a blue label vinyl record with "Elvis" across the top. Why the link redirects...who knows. I love the website but linking to certain things has always been a problem, I don't like the format. But it is the go to site for cd information and they work their butts off to keep it up to date.

I do not think there is anything wrong with the links, you've just chosen a wrong link.
In the ABC-index you will find 'Elvis In Concert'. Click on the title and you come to the main page for all Elvis In Concert CDs. Each 'Elvis In Concert' release has its own link located at the bottom of the respective page.

Don't forget the Paper sleeve collection:
http://www.elvisoncd.com/EIGENECD_a-z/c ... ex2000.htm

Hope the above may be of help.

Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:35 pm

Thanks everybody for your help with this.

So of the Japanese releases that are out there, is it better sound on the single disc versions rather than the double cd ones?

Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:43 pm

This is it ...........

its a beauty but hard to get now ................

If You're Looking For The Ultimate CD Sound Quality On Elvis Presley's Music-THIS IS IT!
BMG Japan's awesome "Elvis-Paper Sleeve Collection" . Out of Print and Extremely Rare - it's a breathtaking set of Mini-Cardboard Cover CD's replicating the original front and back cover artwork and track contents of 30 (thirty) original Elvis albums. From "Elvis Presley" (1956) through "Elvis In Concert" (1977) and containing 402 tracks remastered in fantastic 24-bit/96 KHz sound quality, these mini-LP style cardboard picture sleeves with enclosed "Audiophile" CD's are a collector's dream come true! The elaborate and beautiful Japanese packaging is preserved in this collection with custom-made, clear plastic outer sleeves. Each title comes complete with original obi-strip, fold-out lyric sheet (printed in Japanese and English), "Elvis-Paper Sleeve Collection" inner sleeve, and original shrink-wrap stickers.

These CD's are in LIKE-NEW condition* as you can see by the sample photos above. They are in exactly the same condition as when they were removed from the shrink-wrap. T are no marks, fingerprints or scratches on any of the CD's or covers*. They have been kept in a smoke-free environment and each CD has been handled as if it were a precious jewel. BELIEVE ME - YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED!

This collection includes the following albums:
Elvis Presley
Elvis
Elvis' Christmas Album
Loving You
King Creole
For LP Fans Only
A Date With Elvis
Elvis' Golden Records Vol. 1
50,000,000 Elvis Fans Can't Be Wrong-Elvis' Golden Records Vol. 2
Elvis Is Back!
G.I. Blues
His Hand In Mine
Blue Hawaii
How Great Thou Art
Elvis' Golden Records Vol.3
Elvis' Golden Records Vol.4
Elvis' NBC - TV Special
Elvis In Person At The International Hotel Las Vegas
Back in Memphis
From Elvis in Memphis
Elvis-That's The Way It Is
On Stage - February, 1970
Elvis Country
He Touched Me
Elvis As Recorded At Madison Square Garden
Aloha From Hawaii Via Satellite* ( cover has a few lighter-shaded areas w the ink wasn't as dark)
Elvis Recorded Live On Stage In Memphis
Elvis - The Sun Sessions
Moody Blue* (very small, barely noticable "nick" in the lower right-hand edge of cover)
Elvis In Concert 77

Even though this collection is beautiful to behold, the "Main Attraction" is the incredible sound quality. The first thing you notice is that they are much "louder" than any other versions. The sound quality is much "fatter" and the high frequencies are more pronounced. Each CD sounds closer to the sound of the original LP only without all of the "pops and "ticks" of vinyl records. I really think this is the closest (and most faithful) CD's will ever get to the sound of the actual master tapes of these LP's. T has been very little done to "doctor" the sound on these CD's and Hail the mastering engineer who did the transfers for "Blue Hawaii" and "Elvis Is Back!" - both are audiophile masterpieces and cancel out all other versions! The reverb sound on "Elvis is Back!" is absolutely breathtaking and the clarity of "Blue Hawaii" must be heard to be believed!

Two other CD's that impressed me were "For LP Fans Only" and "King Creole" . I always remember "For LP Fans Only" as having a really "fat" sound with very heavy reverb and this 24-bit version sounds exactly the same. Also, Elvis' voice always sounded very "thick and bassy" on "As Long As I Have You" on the original mono "King Creole" LP and it sounds just as good on this 24-bit version . All other CD versions of this song though, sound thin and weak when compared to this 24-bit version.

On "Elvis As Recorded at Madison Square Garden" the sound is so detailed and strong that you can even hear the splice points on the actual master tape!

I could go on-and-on but, suffice-it-to-say, this is the closest we will ever get to the true sound of the actual master tapes of these albums and it is an absolute "tour de force" for BMG Japan Masters

Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:25 pm

I remember A-B'ing the RCA "Raised On Rock" CD against this Japanese paper sleeve version and, by comparison, the RCA Cd literally sounded like there was a blanket over the speakers! The difference was that noticeable. These Japanese CDs are my "go to" versions to hear the released "original" LP mixes for sure.