Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

MSG DVD FYI

Thu May 08, 2003 4:17 pm

Do you guys remember the DVD of the Madison Square Garden concert footage that sold on eBay a few weeks back? I spoke with the buyer about the quality and here is her reply:

"I was very pleased with my purhcase. The person who did the filming was quite good. Alot of action and close ups. About on of the best I'vd seen. The only thing was the video was only about forty five minutes long and had some of the same footage used with different songs.

But I like it. And I have gotten some really doozies in my hit and miss of finding good footage."

This may be one to keep an eye out for.

Tom

Thu May 08, 2003 6:31 pm

Do you remember in this M.B
ROB from canada have all the M.S.G shows from ORIGINAL 16 MILIMETERS N.Y TV withe sound
ROB tell more us please
thanks
TITI

Thu May 08, 2003 7:49 pm

Why would a TV news crew professionally film four complete shows for a brief news feature? It just doesn’t make sense. There may be a short professionally filmed segment from one of the shows, but I seriously doubt all four shows were professionally filmed in their entirety.

The footage described in Tom’s post is more indicative of what is actually available.

Thu May 08, 2003 7:54 pm

And just how would they have captured the sound?

They would have used a little portable recorder with one mike synched to the camera - and poor sound.

Rocking the Garden

Fri May 09, 2003 2:22 pm

On my VCD Rocking the Garden is the afternoon performance also about 45 minutes.
Maybe the ebay seller can send you some screenshots and you could post them?
I do also think that the filmer of the rocking the garden material was a good filmer there is no shaking no fast movements done etc.
But there was in my opnion no good light conditions, if the light conditons where better also the material would have been better.

Fri May 09, 2003 3:28 pm

If there was a news crew filming they would film much more than they need, they always do. Not that I think they'd do more than one of the shows. :)

Fri May 09, 2003 3:42 pm

I would agree that the news crew would film more than they need, but I can’t see them filming much more than 15 – 20 minutes from one show. This would give them more than enough useable footage for a brief news item. For news crew to film one complete show is highly unlikely though.

Fri May 09, 2003 4:32 pm

If i was part of the news team the cameras would roll till I was kicked out.
Might just depend on how much they were allowed to film, or if someone was making sure they only got a small portion on film.

:?:

Fri May 09, 2003 5:03 pm

I was thinking more in terms of the expense involved. Why film the whole show if they were never going to use it?
However, if someone can prove that they did film a complete show, I would be very happy to be proved wrong on this.

Fri May 09, 2003 5:13 pm

Yeah I'd be happy if someone told us it was all filmed. They may have thought it was worth the cost knowing it wouldn't be available for the general public but a few people would have access to it.

Only dreaming and hoping LOL.

:twisted: