Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Fairytale - Complete Undubbed Master Reel To Reel

Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:54 pm

just came across this, i thought this was very interesting!.

Re: Fairytale - Complete Undubbed Master Reel To Reel

Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:07 pm

:) excellent :D field

Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:12 pm

EXCELLENT!!!!

Why on EARTH didn't they release this officially???
I am directly replacing the official version for this one (minus the commentary on the end, which is definitely true).

Thank you very much for this.

Mind baffling, no wonder CD sales are down. They are not releasing the GOOD stuff.

Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:26 pm

Is this the same used in Yesterday / Today?

Title: Yesterday / Today
Label: Bilko
Label Number: CD 1592
Release Date: 1989
Recording Type: Undubbed Studio Versions
Date: March 1975
Sound: Soundboard !

Track Listing: T-R-O-U-B-L-E (Undubbed) - Fairytale (Undubbed) - Shake A Hand (Undubbed) - Woman Without Love (Undubbed) - Pieces of My Life (Undubbed) - Bringing It Back (Undubbed) - Susan When She Tried (Undubbed Alternate Take) - And I Love You So (Undubbed) - I Can Help (Undubbed) - Green Green Grass Of Home (Undubbed).

::rocks

Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:38 pm

carloselvis wrote:Is this the same used in Yesterday / Today?

Track Listing: T-R-O-U-B-L-E (Undubbed) - Fairytale (Undubbed) - Shake A Hand (Undubbed) - Woman Without Love (Undubbed) - Pieces of My Life (Undubbed) - Bringing It Back (Undubbed) - Susan When She Tried (Undubbed Alternate Take) - And I Love You So (Undubbed) - I Can Help (Undubbed) - Green Green Grass Of Home (Undubbed).

No, but it's the same version as heard on the Venus release "Unedited Masters - Hollywood to Nashville 72-80"

Keith

Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:49 pm

Johnny2523 wrote:just came across this, i thought this was very interesting!.

GD RIGHT!

Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:50 pm

merry77 wrote:EXCELLENT!!!!

I am directly replacing the official version for this one (minus the commentary on the end, which is definitely true).

Mind baffling, no wonder CD sales are down. They are not releasing the GOOD stuff.

You hit the nail on the head!

Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:09 pm

My God, my God why has thee forsaken me :facep:

Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:16 am

Keith wrote:
carloselvis wrote:Is this the same used in Yesterday / Today?

No, but it's the same version as heard on the Venus release "Unedited Masters - Hollywood to Nashville 72-80"

Keith

Tony.. will be very pleased! :D

Did anybody here ever listen to the complete Pointer Sisters' version? I recall I didn't like it at first and created an edit closer to Elvis version... :roll:

But here it is in all its beauty - hit it, Nelly!

Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:54 am

The 1974 Pointer Sisters single is fantastic. If only Presley had been as understated when he covered it in 1975.

Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:58 pm

Teriffic. The FULL version of this is STILL unreleased officially on any RCA / BMG release, even on the 'collectors' label!!! Along with "Fool", "I've got to find my baby", "I got confidence" and several others. :facep:

Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:48 am

Tony.. wrote:

Teriffic. The FULL version of this is STILL unreleased officially on any RCA / BMG release, even on the 'collectors' label!!! Along with "Fool", "I've got to find my baby", "I got confidence" and several others. :facep:

Man, that's a golden group of tunes we are being denied full versions of, isn't it?

Mind baffling!

Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:30 am

TONY would have preferred FTD dedicate an entire disc of Today solely to different mixes of the Fairytale master take. As it stands, the album mix and original 1975 rough mix - presented to Elvis for approval - have to suffice.

Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:14 am

Good Lord Above, that was awesome, can this man sing or can this man sing. :D Thank you Johnny2523 for posting this. :smt023

Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:14 am

merry77 wrote:

I think there are more practical reasons for the decline in CD sales. (ie...downloads)

Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:19 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Tony.. wrote:

Man, that's a golden group of tunes we are being denied full versions of, isn't it?

Mind baffling!

I think most fans / collectors would like to get to hear the full extra minute of "Fool" or "Fairytale" on their collectors label - the same label that have released complete session out-takes for "Big boots" and out-takes of "Dominic"!!! :o

Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:07 am

Tony.. wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
Tony.. wrote:

Mind baffling!

I think most fans / collectors would like to get to hear the full extra minute of "Fool" or "Fairytale" on their collectors label - the same label that have released complete session out-takes for "Big boots" and out-takes of "Dominic"!!! :o

Yes, those are major oversights by FTD. Another minute of "Fool" is like nectar from the gods.

Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:23 am

Tony.. wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
Tony.. wrote:

Mind baffling!

To be fair, I barely manage to stay awake through what we already have of Fool. That said, I also don't believe we need complete sessions of most songs - but fans buy them so more are released.

Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:42 am

poormadpeter wrote:
Tony.. wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
Tony.. wrote:

Mind baffling!

To be fair, I barely manage to stay awake through what we already have of Fool. That said, I also don't believe we need complete sessions of most songs - but fans buy them so more are released.

Well when a wagon train was on short rations of food and water....whatever could be scavenged looked pretty tasty to some.
One mans ceiling is another mans floor-and no one is forced to walk or climb where they don't want to go.

Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:16 pm

An extra minute or so of ANY unreleased Elvis is always good to hear, especailly when that extra doesn't collapse and has Elvis in good form giving you a more complete performance to enjoy. Wouldn't you just LOVE to hear the one minute of "Satisfied" that Elvis loosely put down on tape in the Sun studio? :wink:

Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:21 pm

Thank You for posting this.

I enjoyed it.

Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:15 pm

luckyjackson1 wrote:
Did anybody here ever listen to the complete Pointer Sisters' version? I recall I didn't like it at first and created an edit closer to Elvis version... :roll:

But here it is in all its beauty - hit it, Nelly!

It's amazing. I didn't like the the song until I heard the original.

Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:55 pm

Elvis should have done it in a lower key in my opinion. That sad I like Elvis' version nevertheless, it reflects such a bitter man desperately trying to get over the lost love of his life.

@Tony..: at least we have the unedited master of "Fool" with acceptable sound quality on the "Pure Diamonds Vol. 4" bootleg. And if you want to listen to the unedited and undubbed master of "Fairytale", you have to dig out your copy of the "Unedited Masters - Hollywood To Nashville 72-80" CD from Venus.

Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:45 pm

Having listened to the Pointers' version, it is clear that Elvis' is far better and grabs your attention much more. I don't like their original at all.

Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:24 pm

I see the bully boys are out for "Fool" now. I love it, so there !!

There is a trio of 'from the heart' songs in Separate Ways, Always On My Mind and Fool, which are not dissimilar in nature, being from the same session (over 3 days). I like them all.