Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Is Elvis on TV on the 16th? Anyone know?

Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:19 pm

Anyone know? Any threads about this?

Re: Is Elvis on TV on the 16th? Anyone know?

Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:40 pm

midnightx wrote:Anyone know? Any threads about this?

Someone must know. :D

Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:55 pm

Well they do now i think i put the viewing figures a bit :smt003
Last edited by robbie on Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:57 pm

TCM is running a 24 hour Elvis marathon.

Also, the Today show ran a nice segment with an interview with Priscilla and Lisa who for the first time opened up about 8-16-77. Also a live on air tour of the home, but not the museum part.

Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:47 am

I was hoping CBS might pull something out from the archives, but apparently not....

Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:51 am

I would like a thread created for every single program airing on TV around the world.

Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:01 am

SuspiciousMind wrote:TCM is running a 24 hour Elvis marathon.

Also, the Today show ran a nice segment with an interview with Priscilla and Lisa who for the first time opened up about 8-16-77. Also a live on air tour of the home, but not the museum part.

The first one (on TCM) went on at 3 AM here, and I just happened to wake up. "Mister Mike, Mister MIke!!"

rjm (EOT just started with Johnny B. Goode!)

Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:32 am

I just watched The Trouble with Girls (on TCM)... never seen it before today. While I enjoyed the 3 songs (but not signs of the zodiac) the movie itself was probably one I wouldn't watch again. There were a number of actors/actresses that I recognized... little Cindy Brady (pre-Brady Bunch), the little girl from Family Affair, Dabney Coleman (never knew he was in an Elvis movie!) and a few others. Interesting movie but that's as far as I would go.

Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:44 am

"Elvis On Tour" is currently airing on TCM. Rock,rock, rock....

Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:51 am

KHoots wrote:"Elvis On Tour" is currently airing on TCM. Rock,rock, rock....

The original!!!

Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:48 am

rjm wrote:The first one (on TCM) went on at 3 AM here, and I just happened to wake up. "Mister Mike, Mister MIke!!"

Yes? What can I do for you, my dear?

Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:53 am

Mister Mike wrote:
rjm wrote:The first one (on TCM) went on at 3 AM here, and I just happened to wake up. "Mister Mike, Mister MIke!!"

Yes? What can I do for you, my dear?

:smt005

rjm :smt006

Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:49 pm

There was a nice coverage in Brazilian TV's but always giving more attention to terrible impersonators than Elvis himself. :cry:

Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:08 pm

Is Elvis on the TV on the 17th???

Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:56 am

elvis-fan wrote:Dabney Coleman (never knew he was in an Elvis movie!)

Here's an interview with Dabney Coleman

I didn’t work much with Elvis [Presley] on that, if at all. I was only there for a couple of weeks, and I don’t think we did any scenes together. But one day, one lunchtime, we played touch football. He had a little entourage, and they had, like, about a six-man team. And I gathered together some crew members, I guess. I was pretty good at touch football. I was All Intramural at the University of Texas three years in a row, ’cause I could catch the hell out of a ball. Anyway, my guys were… not good. So I ended up throwing the ball, tossing the ball, and I never had much of an arm, but I was better than these guys, that’s for goddamned sure. But we lined up, and we played for the lunch period. We beat ’em, and at the end of it, I remember as he passed me, he said [in a vague Elvis impression], “Hey, man, you got a hell of an arm.” [Laughs.] That was it. That’s all he said to me in two weeks. But I’ll take it. Coming from Elvis, that’s kind of classic. But that’s my only Elvis story! I must say, though, that he was always punctual and prepared and congenial. A consummate pro. He was no prima donna. He was all right.

http://www.sheilaomalley.com/?p=59613