Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

To those I've Pi*#ed off. (Mike McCoy and E Fan Please read)

Thu May 08, 2003 8:10 am

To those (i.e Elvis Fan, whoever you really are and Mike McCoy), no I have absolutely nothing to do with them. For the record I am John Sterlini, I am an entertainer from the metro Detroit area. My only fault is reacting to a site and a performer that I have never heard of, and instead of thinking about how certain individuals are going to make derogatory comments about me, I posted how I sincerely felt about this. Again, this was not something I sent to my local papers or told all my friends about, or posted in other music or entertainment related message boards.

As I mentioned, I was invited to a party in Las Vegas, by a fairly well known celebrity and this impersonator was mentioned as being one of the entertainers. Being an Elvis fan, I checked out the link. I was shocked at what I saw. And now I'm a big loser and a boob.

I understand how and why others have left this board. I belong to one other message board (non Elvis related) and it's amazing how they treat each other with respect- even when someone asks a stupid question. Here you post something and express your true feelings and people feel compelled to make accusations and insult you. Welcome back to Jr. High school!

And to your "smokin' backbacon"- you really need to have that checked.

And Mike I do appreciate your apology.

Thu May 08, 2003 9:20 am

Hi, Sterlini,

Welcome to the board! You actually didn't piss me off with that post, as I've seen it before, I was just telling everyone to stay away from his site, and was more pissed off at all the response it was getting than your post, and exactly what the thread was turning into. I probably should have been a little more clear on that, my bad.. :oops:

That guy who runs that site has tried some REALLY sick/devious things in the past on other groups, that's why I talked about it, I'd hate to see it get repeated on this board. That's why I jumped the gun so fast on that, as he's tried his little stunt on much more than one occasion.

I'd like to again apologize for even suggesting you were with the site, and welcome you to the board. :)

Thu May 08, 2003 3:48 pm

Dear John,

I appreciate you taking the time to explain the reason for your post and the events leading up to it.
I have been a visitor to this website for a number of years and have read quite a number of "interesting" posts on this MB.
One thing I have found is that there are a number of people who make comments on this board simply to get a "rise" out of other serious fans.
I guess that may be an issue I need to deal with - if I don't like what someone has to say, don't respond.
In any case, I was mistaken in assuming that you were one of these people.
There are a lot of good and very informative people on this board.
That's why I come here on a regular basis. I am an Elvis fan.
I apologize for the loser and "boob" comments and for getting a little out of hand.
I understand your feelings about this issue and again, appreciate you taking the opportunity to explain your position.
Hopefully, we can resolve this issue and continue to enjoy the MB.
Next time I'll think twice before responding without knowing the whole story
(or at least ask a few questions first). By the way, I'm Brad.

Respectfully,

Thu May 08, 2003 4:39 pm

John,
As I know all-too-well, the messenger is often the first one shot on this board. I guess it's just a knee jerk reaction and we all are guilty of doing it at one time or another. But, as the guys above have so eloquently proven, cooler heads will often prevail. Welcome to the board!!

Tom

Thu May 08, 2003 7:44 pm

John,

I was aware of the site before. When you mentioned the site to us, you did mention that you were offended by it.

Thank you for taking the time to explain your reasons.

I don't consider you a loser.

Along with Mike, I would also like to welcome you to this board.

Tom (from Ohio)