Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Back In The Desert 2-22-73 MS (New Release)

Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:32 pm

Back In The Desert

ELVIS BACK IN THE DESERT (1-CD SHOWROOM) Audience Recording

HILTON HOTEL, LAS VEGAS, February 22, 1973 MIDNIGHT SHOW

COMES WITH A 12 PAGE FULL COLOR BOOKLET.

1 Also sprach Zarathustra 1:01

2 See See Rider 3:15

3 I Got a Woman /Amen 2:52

4 Love Me Tender 2:44

5 You Don’t Have to Say You Love Me 1:55

6 Steamroller Blues 2:33

7 You Gave Me a Mountain 3:08

8 Fever 4:11

9 Love Me 1:46

10 Blue Suede Shoes 1:08

11 I’m Leavin’ 3:17

12 Hound Dog 1:26

13 What Now My Love 3:02

14 Suspicious Minds 4:15

15 Band Introductions 1:59

16 I’ll Remember You 2:38

17 I Can’t Stop Loving You 2:27

18 An American Trilogy 5:20

19 Can’t Help Falling In Love

Re: Back In The Desert 2-22-73 MS (New Release)

Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:03 pm

heard a audience source on the CD-r set The Las Vegas Troubadour set. Quality of sound was already good. The show is not much of interest, the setlist is just like his normal setlist for the february season.

Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:04 pm

Johnny2523 wrote:heard a audience source on the CD-r set The Las Vegas Troubadour set. Quality of sound was already good. The show is not much of interest, the setlist is just like his normal setlist for the february season.

Indeed, the show is not "new" on cdr.
It was also part of the "Concert years series".
The sound is very decent but muffled, the show is good in my opinon,even with an Elvis not 100% because of his earlier throat problems..
Highlight is "Im leavin", a rarity that season.
This will be the first time it's released on a pressed cd,with pics from Uniondale, taken months after the actual recording.
Let's hope the sound is upgraded.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:43 am

hmm it's out now, but i am very reluctant to buy it for a show running 48 minutes and absolute NO indication about sound qualiity. one to miss i feel...... :?

Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:10 am

YDKM wrote:hmm it's out now, but i am very reluctant to buy it for a show running 48 minutes and absolute NO indication about sound qualiity. one to miss i feel...... :?

Scroll down and judge for yourself, YDKM.

http://www.elvisoncd.com/EIGENECD_a-z/i ... desert.htm

Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:49 pm

well thanks the sound is 'ok' but i prefer currently to prioritize material like latest 'Venus' CD release...listenable doesn't mean i HAVE to buy it!~ :D

Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:39 pm

I'll let you know how it is.

Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:43 pm

Thanks Rob... :D

Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:09 pm

Is it me or are the 1973 tour shows much better than what he did in Nevada that year?

Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:33 pm

You hit the nail right on the head.

Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:37 pm

The soundquality is pretty good, certainly better then what i had before on cdr.
It's like you are sitting in the audience, between the fans.
It's exiting to hear those comments, they where pretty upfront i guess!!

The show is good too, altough his voice is not 100% ok due throat problems earlier this season.
Still, Elvis is NOT bored during this performance and tries very hard to deliver.
The booklet is fine too, good pics(from later tourdates) and fine liner notes written with insight from Aloha till' Vegas.

A good release!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:54 am

Yes i AM buying this release :D

Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:44 am

It is a lot better than the previous cdr!
Glen

Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:13 am

pageglen wrote:It is a lot better than the previous cdr!
Glen

yes i finally realised this.....maybe i will even ENJOY IT!~ :P

Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:45 am

Well got this release and played it today.... had a few minor sound glitches but it is a decent listenable recording.Most noticable is how watery/weak Elvis sounds at the start of the show- only daring to push his vocal stronger towards the shows ending.Fans comments are interesting rather than too intrusive and for sure THEY loved Elvis in this performance.However it is a 'routine show' and actually the other release i heard recently 'under the midnight sun' had a better quality Vocal throughout from Elvis as at the rehearsals and VERY start of this season he seemed/sounded 'fine' only to get sick very quickly. Maybe the closing nights shows the day after this took all the vocal energy he had left? Certainly from the start C.C.Rider tastes like a 'light beer' rather than full strength as Elvis simply cannot sing to forcefully at all-often almost whispering through the vocal at times. :(

Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:14 am

YDKM wrote:Well got this release and played it today.... had a few minor sound glitches but it is a decent listenable recording.Most noticable is how watery/weak Elvis sounds at the start of the show- only daring to push his vocal stronger towards the shows ending.Fans comments are interesting rather than too intrusive and for sure THEY loved Elvis in this performance.However it is a 'routine show' and actually the other release i heard recently 'under the midnight sun' had a better quality Vocal throughout from Elvis as at the rehearsals and VERY start of this season he seemed/sounded 'fine' only to get sick very quickly. Maybe the closing nights shows the day after this took all the vocal energy he had left? Certainly from the start C.C.Rider tastes like a 'light beer' rather than full strength as Elvis simply cannot sing to forcefully at all-often almost whispering through the vocal at times. :(

How can a show Elvis has not done yet take energy away from the show he is doing?

Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:31 am

what i mean is the NEXT NIGHTS SHOW the closing 23rd M/S maybe took what little energy vocally he had left and the previous nights show the one i mentioned was a sure sign he was very vocally weak still at the end of this season During the previously release SA 18th Feb M/S 1973 he still sounded weak/impaired even then. However (to my ears up to 28th Jan M/S he sounded 'fine') thats what i'm trying to explain.

Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:54 pm

Sounds like more of this has been going on! :facep:

rob.jpg

Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:56 pm

It's only money, Tony.

How's the weather?

Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:22 pm

Rob wrote:It's only money, Tony.

How's the weather?

A bit like this cd release - the sound is CLOUDY, the performance is COLD, and it's a bootleg, so it's HOT!!