Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Prince from another planet for pre order on amazon u.k

Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:23 pm

Maybe Amazon will make a mistake with the price like they did with "Young man with the big beat" for a short while, then they corrected it!

Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:19 am

Prince from Another Planet is retailing around the same price as other, similar, Legacy Editons from Sony -- double CD and DVD. I paid around £15,00 for both Miles Davis' Bitches Brew and Kind of Blue, and a little more for both Johnny Cash at Folsum Prison and Billy Joel's The Stranger. I've seen Bitches Brew sit at around £12,00 and The Stranger at over £20,00. Prices, typically, fluctuating -- plus, third party sellers (on Amazon) will sometimes sell items cheaper than Amazon, themselves.

Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:22 pm

Chad Gates wrote:
Steelback wrote:Thanks for the heads up.

Pleasantly surprised at the price :D

You are welcome :).

Alan.

That's a normal price. And when you think a book with photos only, not video, costs 100 Euro ... :)))

Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:51 pm

Price is now £16.99, Even more of a bargain :) .

Alan.

Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:01 pm

PLAY.COM showing both versions now, still think the 3 disc is better value .....

http://www.play.com/Search.html?searchs ... llproducts

Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:33 pm

dennyelvis wrote:PLAY.COM showing both versions now, still think the 3 disc is better value .....

http://www.play.com/Search.html?searchs ... llproducts

It`s the 3 disc version that is on amazon at £16.99.

Alan.

Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:09 pm

Chad Gates wrote:Price is now £16.99, Even more of a bargain :) .

Alan.

Happy with that :)

Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:52 pm

Can't fault the price for both MSG shows, and a DVD. :D

Let's see if the price goes down again.

Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:04 am

it looks like that play is cheaper..

Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:58 am

My friend has preordered this from play.com to see which comes faster, mine or his. LOL

The winner buys the next drink. :D

Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:00 am

Mac wrote:My friend has preordered this from play.com to see which comes faster, mine or his. LOL

The drinks will be on you mate, amazon seem quicker in my experience :D

Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:13 am

Steelback wrote:
Mac wrote:My friend has preordered this from play.com to see which comes faster, mine or his. LOL

The drinks will be on you mate, amazon seem quicker in my experience :D

I have told him many times that Amazon is a lot faster, but he won't listen lol

Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:31 am

Order placed! Thanks !!

Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:33 pm

Placed my order today, awesome .......

Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:26 pm

Amazon now have the two disc version at £13.56 well as the 3 disc deluxe one .

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B008 ... ingeasy-21

Alan.

Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:25 am

Chad Gates wrote:Amazon now have the two disc version at £13.56 well as the 3 disc deluxe one .

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B008 ... ingeasy-21

Alan.

The two disc version is the original mixes? I'll probably skip this one. Deluxe version is a must, though.

Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:46 am

info about this:

PRINCE FROM ANOTHER PLANET by ELVIS PRESLEY

ELVIS AS RECORDED LIVE AT MADISON SQUARE GARDEN / 40th ANNIVERSARY EDITION / RCA/Legacy 88691 95388 2)

Disc 1: The afternoon show recorded June 10, 1972 (originally issued April 1997, as An Afternoon In the Garden, RCA 67457-2):

Selections: 1. Introduction: Also Sprach Zarathustra (Theme from 2001: A Space Odyssey) • 2. That's All Right • 3. Proud Mary • 4. Never Been To Spain • 5. You Don't Have To Say You Love Me • 6. Until It’s Time For You To Go • 7. You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin' • 8. Polk Salad Annie • 9. Love Me • 10. All Shook Up • 11. Heartbreak Hotel • 12. Medley: (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear/ Don't Be Cruel • 13. Love Me Tender • 14. Blue Suede Shoes • 15. Reconsider Baby • 16. Hound Dog • 17. I’ll Remember You •18. Suspicious Minds • 19. Introductions by Elvis • 20. For The Good Times • 21. American Trilogy •22. Funny How Time Slips Away • 23. I Can't Stop Loving You • 24. Can't Help Falling In Love • 25. End Theme (Orchestra).

Disc 2: The evening show recorded June 10, 1972 (originally issued June 18, 1972, as Elvis As Recorded At Madison Square Garden, RCA LSP 4776):

Selections: 1. Introduction: Also Sprach Zarathustra (Theme from 2001: A Space Odyssey) • 2. That's All Right • 3. Proud Mary • 4. Never Been To Spain • 5. You Don't Have To Say You Love Me • 6. You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin' • 7. Polk Salad Annie • 8. Love Me • 9. All Shook Up • 10. Heartbreak Hotel • 11. Medley: (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear/ Don't Be Cruel • 12. Love Me Tender • 13. The Impossible Dream (The Quest) • 14. Introductions by Elvis • 15. Hound Dog • 16. Suspicious Minds •17. For The Good Times • 18. American Trilogy • 19. Funny How Time Slips Away • 20. I Can't Stop Loving You • 21. Can't Help Falling In Love • 22. End Theme (Orchestra).

Disc 3 (DVD): 1. Afternoon show filmed June 10, 1972 (approx. 1 hour) • 2. Afternoon press conference held June 9, 1972 (approx. 20 minutes).

TCB Band:

Guitar: James Burton
Guitar: John Wilkinson
Guitar & Vocals: Charlie Hodge
Bass: Jerry Scheff
Drums: Ronnie Tutt
Piano: Glen D. Hardin

with:
Vocals: J.D.Sumner & The Stamps
Vocals: The Sweet Inspirations
Vocals: Kathy Westmoreland
The Joe Malin Orchestra conducted by Joe Guercio

Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:58 pm

Good news. The price on amazon.co.uk for the deluxe set has just dropped from £16.99 to only £14.00.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Elvis-Prince-An ... 555&sr=8-1

Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:36 pm

$23.54 is still the best price I've been able to find here in the U.S.A.
>> http://www.blowitoutahere.com/elvis-pre ... 6919538823

If anyone finds a better price please share the info!

Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:34 pm

hm80ep wrote:Good news. The price on amazon.co.uk for the deluxe set has just dropped from £16.99 to only £14.00.

Great price :).

Alan.

Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:20 pm

Chad Gates wrote:
hm80ep wrote:Good news. The price on amazon.co.uk for the deluxe set has just dropped from £16.99 to only £14.00.

Great price :).

Alan.

It sure is!
And with the 63 disc upcoming Johnny Cash set on sale at a bargain £147.59 at the moment, I'm a very happy Amazon customer :D

Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:58 pm

Very nice.......pre-order now and should the prize go even further down you will be charged
the lowest prize before release.
If it goes up and not pre-ordered.......well what a shame :)

I use amazon.co.uk A LOT.........i used play.com a lot earlier but I think amazon now has better prizes.

Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:57 pm

The Pirate wrote:
elvisalisellers wrote:Play.com have it a bit cheaper [£16.99] with the same "Pre-order Price Promise".

Play.com are OK, but stuff takes forever to arrive. You can get a one month free trial of Amazon Prime, order the set, and they'll deliver it with a guaranteed next day service. Sometimes they send new releases out over a weekend so that you get it on the release day as well.

I know it's supposed to be but actually there is no guarantee that it will be delivered the next day especially if it is being delivered by HDNL. Just this week i ordered a dvd and it took 4 days to arrive after lots of phone calls to Amazon.HDNL said that they couldn't get answer so left a card of which neither is true...they just never turned up.

Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:22 pm

Just pre- ordered it. Can't wait.

Didn't know the title came from a review in the New York Times.

Elvis Rocks Zippo 009.JPG

Photo taken from the hardback book "The King on the Road" Live on tour 1954 to 1977 by Robert Gordon.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:56 pm

Today I preordered mine from Amazon Uk -
Price is 13.00 Gbp -
The Price has dropped -
for Deluxe edition -
I ordered it online - Yipeee- really happy now -
Cant wait for it now - Wow -
::rocks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.