Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: GOT IT!!!! BOY FROM TUPELO !!!

Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:06 am

Wow... 500 bucks? I should really consider selling mine... :D

Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:58 pm

luckyjackson1 wrote:Wow... 500 bucks? I should really consider selling mine... :D

I'd sell The Complete Masters before I'd sell Boy From Tupelo!

Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:12 pm

Agree Kev, i prefer to collect my new masters via any LEGACY releases, cheaper and nice package too ......

Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:22 pm

It is a beautiful set! I treasure mine very much (not only because it's a treasure to Elvis' fans but also because it was an important gift from a great friend).

I can see how the lack of index, etc may be an issue for scholars but it's one of the best Elvis' items I ever saw and it's clear that it was made with love. A true example for how retail material should be (and I do think that it should be available for all to read, as it's an important project).

Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:04 am

luckyjackson1 wrote:Wow... 500 bucks? I should really consider selling mine... :D

Wow. I actually bought a second copy when it first came out. Still have it unopened and in the shipping box.

Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:57 am

It is a wonderful set. Along with The Complete Masters they are truly the finest Elvis releases of all time and I feel very privileged to own both.

To mark the 60th anniversary of "Thats All Right" I have started reading the whole book all over again and am really enjoying it. There's just some wonderful photographs and anecdotes in the book that literally put a smile to my face.

Thank you Ernst and co. We forget how lucky us fans are sometimes!

Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:03 am

It is the best Elvis item I own,a real treasure. Followed closely by TFC set.

KIDDING :smt003

norrie

Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:35 am

It's a beautiful set. It had been a while since I listened to the cd's but on last weeked I listened to the 1st cd again and remembered what an absolutely fantastic work they did on the remastering. On most tracks the sound is superb. Well done FTD-team.