Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: GOT IT!!!! BOY FROM TUPELO !!!

Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:06 am

Wow... 500 bucks? I should really consider selling mine... :D

Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:58 pm

luckyjackson1 wrote:Wow... 500 bucks? I should really consider selling mine... :D

I'd sell The Complete Masters before I'd sell Boy From Tupelo!

Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:12 pm

Agree Kev, i prefer to collect my new masters via any LEGACY releases, cheaper and nice package too ......

Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:22 pm

It is a beautiful set! I treasure mine very much (not only because it's a treasure to Elvis' fans but also because it was an important gift from a great friend).

I can see how the lack of index, etc may be an issue for scholars but it's one of the best Elvis' items I ever saw and it's clear that it was made with love. A true example for how retail material should be (and I do think that it should be available for all to read, as it's an important project).

Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:04 am

luckyjackson1 wrote:Wow... 500 bucks? I should really consider selling mine... :D

Wow. I actually bought a second copy when it first came out. Still have it unopened and in the shipping box.

Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:57 am

It is a wonderful set. Along with The Complete Masters they are truly the finest Elvis releases of all time and I feel very privileged to own both.

To mark the 60th anniversary of "Thats All Right" I have started reading the whole book all over again and am really enjoying it. There's just some wonderful photographs and anecdotes in the book that literally put a smile to my face.

Thank you Ernst and co. We forget how lucky us fans are sometimes!

Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:03 am

It is the best Elvis item I own,a real treasure. Followed closely by TFC set.

KIDDING :smt003

norrie

Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:35 am

It's a beautiful set. It had been a while since I listened to the cd's but on last weeked I listened to the 1st cd again and remembered what an absolutely fantastic work they did on the remastering. On most tracks the sound is superb. Well done FTD-team.

Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:26 am

Matthew wrote:
rjm wrote:Man, that thing is heavy! It is seriously heavy.

I actually kinda wish the book was in two volumes at the normal FTD book dimensions so that it would be less cumbersome to hold while reading. It's nice in its massive format, but it's not very comfortable to sit and read.

Especially if it had fallen on your head before reading it, and you hopefully regained consciousness or at least part of your faculties!!!!! :smt119