Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: GOT IT!!!! BOY FROM TUPELO !!!

Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:40 pm

Mike Windgren wrote:Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Ciscoking wrote:Hope you don`t add me to your foe list Mike... :wink:

Ciscoking neither you will be on my foe list, you are a cool guy as well and part of my Top Ten cool list 8). Bye for now :smt006.

You`re too,..along with your coolest sig around... :lol:

Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:49 pm

r&b wrote:I wouldnt block anyone. I would want to see all viewpoints discussed whether I agree with them or not. Whats the point of the forum then? If anyone blocks me, come now, dont be so trite!

Neither would I. This foe-thing is childish.

Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:55 pm

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Ciscoking wrote:
Mike Windgren wrote:Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Ciscoking wrote:Hope you don`t add me to your foe list Mike... :wink:

Ciscoking neither you will be on my foe list, you are a cool guy as well and part of my Top Ten cool list 8). Bye for now :smt006.

You`re too,..along with your coolest sig around... :lol:

Thank you for the compliments! 8). Bye for now :smt006.

Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:07 am

r&b wrote:I wouldnt block anyone. I would want to see all viewpoints discussed whether I agree with them or not. Whats the point of the forum then? If anyone blocks me, come now, dont be so trite!

I have no "Foes" set because I feel the same way.

Besides, it's usually a love-fest around here.

:smt007 :smt007 :smt007 :smt007 :smt007 :smt007

Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:36 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:

I have no "Foes" set because I feel the same way.

Besides, it's usually a love-fest around here.

:smt007 :smt007 :smt007 :smt007 :smt007 :smt007

I love you all.There,I've said it :smt004

norrie

Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:40 am

After a bit of a thought, this is the conclusion i've come to.

Of course, if someone's responding to someone you have blocked, you won't be able to get the whole conversation.

Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:06 pm

I don't add ANYBODY here to my foe list for I'd like to know each and every opinion. I'm just curious. :D

That said here are people that I'd NEVER add to my friend list. :wink:

Okay. Nobody wanted to know. Back to topic. I got "A Boy From Tupelo" too. About one-and-a-half-years ago. Heavy mother!

Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:22 pm

mysterytrainrideson wrote:

Of course, if someone's responding to someone you have blocked, you won't be able to get the whole conversation.

That is true, but then again, who needs to converse with those types? I would probably ignore them anayway lol.

Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:38 pm

r&b wrote:
mysterytrainrideson wrote:

That is true, but then again, who needs to converse with those types? I would probably ignore them anayway lol.

Exactly! Why should someone you block respond to someone who won't be able to get the whole conversation anyway just because they were blocked by someone who was blocked if they weren't blocked originally? It makes no sense!

Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:46 pm

I've read it three times and I still don't understand it.

Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:54 pm

Rob wrote:I've read it three times and I still don't understand it.

Like a beautiful Amazonian Princess riding naked through an enchanted forest on the back of a white Stallion... it asks more questions than it answers! :smt101

Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:01 pm

I understand it now.

Thanks.

Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:28 am

Rob wrote:Image

I understand it now.

Thanks.

Nice photo. No point in her having a whip, as there's not a lot the horse could have refused at that stage.

Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:41 am

I understand it now.

Thanks.

Is that the only photo you've kept of her?

Elvis would approve.

If he were in the picture, the girl would be on him, not the horse.

Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:44 am

Albert Goldman wrote:

Neither would I. This foe-thing is childish.

For one person to keep sniping and stomping on another person's posts is childish and mean-spirited. Since his constant snipes and stomps are childish and mean-spirited, I don't figure I'm missing anything.

Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:55 pm

Richard--W wrote:

I understand it now.

Thanks.

Is that the only photo you've kept of her?

Elvis would approve.

If he were in the picture, the girl would be on him, not the horse.

But then the horse might get jealous or worse, excited and all hell could break loose.

Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:17 am

Still the best Elvis release I've purchased, hands down. Reading the book takes you back in time.

Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:36 am

This one should have been placed in music stores or book stores cause lots of books of Sun records history have been made.Not limited editions either.
Why are the books so high?I just want the music.

Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:35 pm

ritchie valens wrote:This one should have been placed in music stores or book stores cause lots of books of Sun records history have been made.Not limited editions either.

Well it ways nearly 6 pounds, and the main purpose of the project was for the book primarily, not CD's. They are high in price now because of supply and demand.

Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:49 pm

memphisound wrote:
ritchie valens wrote:This one should have been placed in music stores or book stores cause lots of books of Sun records history have been made.Not limited editions either.

Well it ways nearly 6 pounds, and the main purpose of the project was for the book primarily, not CD's. They are high in price now because of supply and demand.

A Boy From Tupelo was never intended in its final form to be a retail item. Anyone who believes it should have been sold in music or book stores really has no clue about the product, or the market.

Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:41 am

Is there anywhere it is still possible to purchase a copy of this? Any small dealers still have it or anything like that? I know the major outlets have been sold out for quite some time.

Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:47 am

RyanD wrote:Is there anywhere it is still possible to purchase a copy of this? Any small dealers still have it or anything like that? I know the major outlets have been sold out for quite some time.

3 copies on ebay at the moment....all cost 500 + USD

Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:52 am

LSP-4445 wrote:
RyanD wrote:Is there anywhere it is still possible to purchase a copy of this? Any small dealers still have it or anything like that? I know the major outlets have been sold out for quite some time.

Too rich for me.

Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:24 am

LSP-4445 wrote:

Recent sales on ebay have ranged from $299 to $499.

Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:22 am

memphisound wrote:Still the best Elvis release I've purchased, hands down. Reading the book takes you back in time.

Just awesome! :D

With this as a companion ——>>

IMG_2949.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.