Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: GOT IT!!!! BOY FROM TUPELO !!!

Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:24 am

ekenee wrote:
Matthew wrote:If I'd known there was no a photo of the acetate in the book I'd never have bought it. That pesky Ernst has failed me for the last time!

This point is non-debatable!

Your rose colored glasses view of "anything Ernst" is sadly not letting you discuss "anything Ernst" in a non-bias way.

Look, I support the label, but so far I have bought 4 FTD books.

"That's the way it is"
The Fashion jumpsuit one, can't recall the title.
The Elvis in Los Angeles one.

And the boy from Tupelo.

But that doesn't mean I can't discuss the pro's and con's on the material.

What is your problem? You can't seem to handle any slight critism of "anything Ernst".

Your over protective nature is turning you into a fan-boy.

Face the facts. These books are not perfect.

Can't you for once be serious and admit there are flaws to these books. They are not perfect.

There's alot of good parts to the boy from tupelo, but there are flaws. Yes there is.

I would have put a picture of that acetate in that book without a doubt.
Why you are dead set against it is more or less part of your bias nature, which
thereby makes your opinions invalid by default.

And what is more telling ,most fans in thier right mind would have welcomed that photo,
but you are against it only because I am for it. That = troll.

ekenee,

Matthew is the bully on this block. He is belligerent. He ridicules and insults and puts down anyone who doesn't sing Ernst's praises. He's trying to provoke you so that you'll be banned. He worships Ernst. He's being allowed to make this a very unpleasant place. I've had to put him on Ignore. From now on his part in these discussions doesn't exist for me. Why don't you do the same. Put him in the "foes" column and you won't even see his posts. The place brightens up considerably.

Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:08 pm

Clearly 20 Dec 2013 is not the original join date of "Richard" from "Arizona". Perhaps like ekenee he would do well to read the thread too, learn a thing or two and perhaps make less baseless remarks about Ernst, the project, and myself. There is plenty of critique both positive and negative that I have produced for official Presley product here and in other threads, a fact that "cannot be debated" - since the evidence sits in the archives of this very forum. This indisputable fact lays waste to this tired "Ernst worshipper" diatribe.

No doubt some more baseless "double-talk" will ensue, after all, Elvis alway did attract the most 'special' of fans.

::rocks

Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:20 pm

No...it isn't numbered (that I've noticed), but we were warned that it was limited and advised to pre-order: http://elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=69538&start=25

Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:52 pm

Richard--W wrote:
ekenee wrote:
Matthew wrote:If I'd known there was no a photo of the acetate in the book I'd never have bought it. That pesky Ernst has failed me for the last time!

This point is non-debatable!

Your rose colored glasses view of "anything Ernst" is sadly not letting you discuss "anything Ernst" in a non-bias way.

Look, I support the label, but so far I have bought 4 FTD books.

"That's the way it is"
The Fashion jumpsuit one, can't recall the title.
The Elvis in Los Angeles one.

And the boy from Tupelo.

But that doesn't mean I can't discuss the pro's and con's on the material.

What is your problem? You can't seem to handle any slight critism of "anything Ernst".

Your over protective nature is turning you into a fan-boy.

Face the facts. These books are not perfect.

Can't you for once be serious and admit there are flaws to these books. They are not perfect.

There's alot of good parts to the boy from tupelo, but there are flaws. Yes there is.

I would have put a picture of that acetate in that book without a doubt.
Why you are dead set against it is more or less part of your bias nature, which
thereby makes your opinions invalid by default.

And what is more telling ,most fans in thier right mind would have welcomed that photo,
but you are against it only because I am for it. That = troll.

ekenee,

Matthew is the bully on this block. He is belligerent. He ridicules and insults and puts down anyone who doesn't sing Ernst's praises. He's trying to provoke you so that you'll be banned. He worships Ernst. He's being allowed to make this a very unpleasant place. I've had to put him on Ignore. From now on his part in these discussions doesn't exist for me. Why don't you do the same. Put him in the "foes" column and you won't even see his posts. The place brightens up considerably.

Hmm. For some inexplicable reason, the quality of the arguments on this forum appears to be inversely correlated with a tendency to make personal comments about other members. I wonder why that is?

Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:53 pm

Again, due to report(s) made, we must remind member(s) if you cannot conduct yourself(s) in a adult manner you will be named & shamed & ban from the forum.

Member(s) here do not need to be belittled, insulted or baited in a negative direction.
If this continue(s) from this point on the thread will be removed and the member responsible will be ban without any further warning.

On a side Note: any member who does not get along with any member. Whom ever it may be, can be added to your foe list. This advoids your viewing of that member(s) respone(s).

Be responsible, protect yourself.

Thank you.

Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:33 pm

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Moderator1 wrote: Again, due to report(s) made, we must remind member(s) if you cannot conduct yourself(s) in a adult manner you will be named & shamed & ban from the forum.

Member(s) here do not need to be belittled, insulted or baited in a negative direction.
If this continue(s) from this point on the thread will be removed and the member responsible will be ban without any further warning.

On a side Note: any member who does not get along with any member. Whom ever it may be, can be added to your foe list. This advoids your viewing of that member(s) respone(s).

Thank you.

How do I add somebody to my foe list? :roll:. Please explain. Thank you!. Bye for now :smt006.

Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:48 pm

RonBaker2003 wrote:No...it isn't numbered (that I've noticed), but we were warned that it was limited and advised to pre-order: http://elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=69538&start=25

Thank you for posting the link.

Now that I've read through the threads on this FTD I still don't understand Ernst Jorgensen's decision. Evidently a very small print run was what he wanted, but he has not explained the reasons why. So there are pages of speculation and assumptions. In any case if A BOY FROM TUPELO were reprinted (even as a paperback which is infinitely cheaper than a clothbound) there is no doubt in my mind that it would sell a lot of copies.

Photo essays about Elvis sell books. That's why there are so many of them.

Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:59 pm

Mike Windgren wrote:Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Moderator1 wrote: Again, due to report(s) made, we must remind member(s) if you cannot conduct yourself(s) in a adult manner you will be named & shamed & ban from the forum.

Thank you.

How do I add somebody to my foe list? :roll:. Please explain. Thank you!. Bye for now :smt006.

Just click on the user control panel link at the top of the page then go to friends or foes tab and then manage foes, Then you just type in the username/s of the person/people you want to ignore.

Don't be adding me though :shock: , I,m a nice guy :smt006 :lol: :P .

Alan.

Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:26 pm

Mike Windgren wrote:

All you or any member need(s) to do is log into your own profile, you will see the word (foe)
Click on that link when you find it. Add the member to whom you do not want to correspond with on the forum to your own personal (foe) list and it(s) done.

Hope this help(s) any member to avoid being baited or becoming frustrated with being in the same thread with a member to whom you do not like or can get along with.

On a side note: We encourage any member to this to help keep the peace on the forum.
Everyone(s) focus should be on providing information on Elvis and receiving information on Elvis and not straying in the direction of negativity which will help no one including oneself.

Thank You

Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:35 pm

ekenee wrote:I thought Ernst was quoted as saying that he worked on the acetate to the point of destroying it.

Ernst never said any such thing. You need to know your information before you begin to draw conclusions.

The party that acquired the acetate tried to have it restored but the process apparently destroyed the disc. Fortunately, a digital copy of the disc had been made before this undertaking.

Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:37 pm

Richard--W wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:There are no plans for a reprint.

You don't know that for certain, Dr. John. You're just guessing.

When I make a firm statement I can assure you it is from a direct source.

If you would rather not have such questions answered, please refrain from asking them. Thanks.

Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:40 pm

Matthew wrote:Clearly 20 Dec 2013 is not the original join date of "Richard" from "Arizona". Perhaps like ekenee he would do well to read the thread too, learn a thing or two and perhaps make less baseless remarks about Ernst, the project, and myself. There is plenty of critique both positive and negative that I have produced for official Presley product here and in other threads, a fact that "cannot be debated" - since the evidence sits in the archives of this very forum. This indisputable fact lays waste to this tired "Ernst worshipper" diatribe.

No doubt some more baseless "double-talk" will ensue, after all, Elvis alway did attract the most 'special' of fans.

::rocks

All true, all correct and you're all right in my book. ;-)

Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:11 pm

I browsed here four years ago before the stroke, but I did not join until December 20.

Pronouncements carry no authority without cited sources and identified evidence. Not even when the pronouncer is considered reliable. Anonymous sources and unidentified evidence is usually an indication of a fabrication, a weak case, a speculation, wishful thinking, or that something is wrong. Your posts are always the first ones I read, Dr John, and your folder is a lot of fun and very informative, but such dictatorial demands do not inspire confidence.

To instruct someone not to ask questions ... what does that say about you?

I'll ask any questions I want.

Every question I've asked was asked before by people better known to you for a long time in the thread linked above.

Wait til you hear the next one.

Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:19 pm

Moderator1 wrote:
Mike Windgren wrote:

All you or any member need(s) to do is log into your own profile, you will see the word (foe)
Click on that link when you find it. Add the member to whom you do not want to correspond with on the forum to your own personal (foe) list and it(s) done.

Hope this help(s) any member to avoid being baited or becoming frustrated with being in the same thread with a member to whom you do not like or can get along with.

On a side note: We encourage any member to this to help keep the peace on the forum.
Everyone(s) focus should be on providing information on Elvis and receiving information on Elvis and not straying in the direction of negativity which will help no one including oneself.

Thank You

Thanks for this info....there's about 4/5 people i want to block their comments.

Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:23 pm

Matthew wrote:
Sodman wrote:I have bought every FTD CD (but not the vinyl) that has come out so I am supporting Ernst and the FTD label as much as I possibly can! All of these I have been able to buy through the Swedish fan club. But when Sweden only gets 10 copies of A boy from Tupelo that was sold and gone even before they got in I get upset!

There were plenty of outlets to order/pre-order it from. Perhaps your Swedish source did not pre-order enough of them.

The Swedish fanclub only got about 10 copies, there were no more to get! The fanclub tried to get more copies, but there were no more!

Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:27 pm

Richard--W wrote:
RonBaker2003 wrote:No...it isn't numbered (that I've noticed), but we were warned that it was limited and advised to pre-order: http://elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=69538&start=25

Thank you for posting the link.

Now that I've read through the threads on this FTD I still don't understand Ernst Jorgensen's decision. Evidently a very small print run was what he wanted, but he has not explained the reasons why. So there are pages of speculation and assumptions. In any case if A BOY FROM TUPELO were reprinted (even as a paperback which is infinitely cheaper than a clothbound) there is no doubt in my mind that it would sell a lot of copies.

Photo essays about Elvis sell books. That's why there are so many of them.

Your 100% right, he should at least re-release the book as you mention in paperback, i can see that book selling very well with Elvis fans and collectors who want the book, but cant get it because you had to buy the box set to get it. I would buy an extra copy for myself, and more for Elvis fan friends of mine for a present.

This also goes the same for a re-release for the book from "The Complete Masters set", i want that book very much.
I want it I want it I want it !!!
:smt026 :smt022

Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:33 pm

Richard--W wrote:I browsed here four years ago before the stroke, but I did not join until December 20.

Pronouncements carry no authority without cited sources and identified evidence. Not even when the pronouncer is considered reliable. Anonymous sources and unidentified evidence is usually an indication of a fabrication, a weak case, a speculation, wishful thinking, or that something is wrong. Your posts are always the first ones I read, Dr John, and your folder is a lot of fun and very informative, but such dictatorial demands do not inspire confidence.

Every question I've asked was asked before by people better known to you for a long time in the thread linked above.

Wow, are you rude. Duly noted. No more answers from me. Your loss. ;-)

Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:39 pm

Chad Gates wrote:

Thank you.

Just click on the user control panel link at the top of the page then go to friends or foes tab and then manage foes, Then you just type in the username/s of the person/people you want to ignore.

Alan.

:lol: that was funny Alan. :)

Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:08 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Richard--W wrote:I browsed here four years ago before the stroke, but I did not join until December 20.

Wow, are you rude. Duly noted. No more answers from me. Your loss. ;-)

If he has Google, he won't need you.

Have a nice day.

Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:16 pm

You'd think, but alas.

Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:28 pm

Chad Gates wrote:

Thank you.

Alan.

Thank you Alan for the info! :smt023.

I won´t put you on my foe list, you know why?. It´s because you are a nice guy and it seems you enjoy some of my cool topics :smt005. You are definitely on my Top Ten cool list 8). Bye for now :smt006.

Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:31 pm

Moderator1 wrote:
Mike Windgren wrote:

Thank You

Thank you Moderator1 ::rocks. Bye for now :smt006.

Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:33 pm

Hope you don`t add me to your foe list Mike... :wink:

Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:36 pm

I wouldnt block anyone. I would want to see all viewpoints discussed whether I agree with them or not. Whats the point of the forum then? If anyone blocks me, come now, dont be so trite!
Last edited by r&b on Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:37 pm

Ciscoking wrote:Hope you don`t add me to your foe list Mike... :wink:

Ciscoking neither you will be on my foe list, you are a cool guy as well and part of my Top Ten cool list 8). Bye for now :smt006.