Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: GOT IT!!!! BOY FROM TUPELO !!!

Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:50 am

Mine is now in my hands (it's too heavy for one hand). I haven't opened the box yet.

Brian

Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:38 am

GOT IT!!!! BOY FROM TUPELO !!!

ShopElvis packaged the box set very well. When I placed my order, they included a free "Grab Bag" T-Shirt. I wasn't sure what to expect, but I didn't think it would be anything I would wear. However, they sent me a very nice black T-Shirt of the "That's All Right" record label from Sun. How appropriate, eh?

I got a sore neck last night from looking at every single picture in the book.

Today I played Disc 3, and it was great to hear "Little Mama". It's not everyday you get to hear a brand new Elvis song.

Thank you Ernst!

Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:47 am

It's here...

I'm sitting here with my wife, eavesdropping on the 7/5/54 session--Elvis is busy getting a handle on "I Love You Because".

We're about to hear history here in a couple more minutes. This is astonishing stuff.

Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:20 am

Just making my way through Disc 2... the sound of the Harbor Lights tracks is unbelievable... perfectly crisp and clear. lol... Scotty just said "Wanna take another one?"
Looking forward to listening to all the takes of I Love You Because... love that song. One other thing that really stuck with me... I'm not sure why but I have a whole new appreciation for the RCA overdubbed version of Tomorrow Night (from Disc 1)... it was a song a would usually skip over when listening to Elvis for Everybody but hearing it here is like hearing it for the first time.

The work that was spent restoring and remastering the master takes is more evident than I expected... fantastic job! I've never heard That's All Right Mama and Blue Moon of Kentucky sound better. Through a quality set of headphones and a decent stereo sound system is really the only way to truly appreciate what has been done to these legendary recordings.

Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:19 am

Mine is in da house... from ShopElvis.com!

JEFF d
EP fan

Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:23 am

Well recieved it day before yesterday and now i'm into the year 1955.
Wonderful first account stories really put you in a place that was from this time.
As for the disc i haven't even got around to playing them yet hope that doesn't make me a bad fan, i just truly am blown away by this book. Its the most beautiful Elvis item i've ever seen.

Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:28 am

By the time I got to Memphis this year, which was the evening of August 15th,
I had hoped to pick up "Boy From Tupelo" the very next day, August 16th of all days,
where in the back of my mind, I was hoping to get Ernst to sign a copy for me if I would have been
able to pick it up then.
Well, it was not to be, to my disappointment the Elvis Shops were sold out and I had no choice
but to order the book on line when I got home, which I did the very next day I got home.

I Received the book (The Elvis SUN Bible) a few days ago and even tho I have gone and
flipped through the book only at this point. I can see myself going through the book over
and over again throughout the next few weeks and months when time allows' to look at each
and every rare and unseen picture in detail and to read each and every world documented
in this Historic Elvis book .

I just can't help but feel so proud for Ernst and everyone involve in this project.
Excellent, Excellent Job !!!

There is No doubt this was a labor of Love for Ernst, as it shows...BIG TIME !

This book has met all expectations' and more.

This is "THE" Elvis Book that "Yes" gets' that word again that has been used so
much this year by me, but is a fact once again
"ESSENTIAL" !!
If your a Elvis fan this book is a MUST !!!
Hell, I haven't even gotten to the cd's yet... :lol:

Anyway, I just want to thank Ernst and team once again.

This is what it is all about for being a Elvis fan.... Thank you so much !

PEP 8)

Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:26 am

Hi everyone,

What do you all think the likely hood is that this set will still be available around Christmastime? I really want to buy this, but unfortunately I just cant fit in the budget. I should be able to treat myself to this by then however.

Mike

Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:33 am

Steelback wrote:
memphisound wrote:not much compared to others but I take much pride in what i do have.

It's not about how much you have, but about how much pleasure you get from it. Nice collection mate. :D

Agree. You will never get everything but boards such as FECC give the fan the opportunity to be selective about how you splash your cash.

Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:44 am

Mine just came today and like everyone else, WOW! Even after reading 40 pages of praise for this thing it still astonishes you. You've all said it so there's not much to add but my own congratulations and thanks to Ernst and company for their labor of love.

These last pages of posts seem to be from Shopelvis buyers like me. It took awhile but the price was right.

GOT IT!!!! BOY FROM TUPELO !!!

Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:45 am

PEP wrote:By the time I got to Memphis this year, which was the evening of August 15th,
I had hoped to pick up "Boy From Tupelo" the very next day, August 16th of all days,
where in the back of my mind, I was hoping to get Ernst to sign a copy for me if I would have been
able to pick it up then.
Well, it was not to be, to my disappointment the Elvis Shops were sold out and I had no choice
but to order the book on line when I got home, which I did the very next day I got home.

I Received the book (The Elvis SUN Bible) a few days ago and even tho I have gone and
flipped through the book only at this point. I can see myself going through the book over
and over again throughout the next few weeks and months when time allows' to look at each
and every rare and unseen picture in detail and to read each and every world documented
in this Historic Elvis book .

I just can't help but feel so proud for Ernst and everyone involve in this project.
Excellent, Excellent Job !!!

There is No doubt this was a labor of Love for Ernst, as it shows...BIG TIME !

This book has met all expectations' and more.

This is "THE" Elvis Book that "Yes" gets' that word again that has been used so
much this year by me, but is a fact once again
"ESSENTIAL" !!
If your a Elvis fan this book is a MUST !!!
Hell, I haven't even gotten to the cd's yet... :lol:

Anyway, I just want to thank Ernst and team once again.

This is what it is all about for being a Elvis fan.... Thank you so much !

PEP 8)

+++1. I agree 150%. This book and CD set is beyond words. Ernst has done a fantastic job. The book is a labour of love, and it won't take me 10 years to read it, but damn near! One page at a time.

Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:15 am

Ues INCREDABLE.....i shall have my first look through it tonight! :D

Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:00 am

I am STILL waiting for it to arrive from ShopElvis. It's in California as of Thursday, so if I'm lucky, then tomorrow It'll be in my hands... if not - then Monday.

Reading this thread has made my mouth water. I can hardly wait!

Axe

Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:15 pm

Mike in New Jersey wrote:Hi everyone,

What do you all think the likely hood is that this set will still be available around Christmastime? I really want to buy this, but unfortunately I just cant fit in the budget. I should be able to treat myself to this by then however.

Mike

Good question. A friend of mine was adamant that he wouldn't be buying it, until the reviews began to come in. Now he wants it, but knows that it's going to be a couple of months before he can afford a copy.

I suspect that as some dealers get low on stocks, they'll begin to slowly bump up the price.

Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:24 pm

If the book sees a second edition, it’s more than likely it’ll be around for Christmas. If not, this is it.

Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:51 pm

The Pirate wrote:
Mike in New Jersey wrote:Hi everyone,

Mike

Good question. A friend of mine was adamant that he wouldn't be buying it, until the reviews began to come in. Now he wants it, but knows that it's going to be a couple of months before he can afford a copy.

I suspect that as some dealers get low on stocks, they'll begin to slowly bump up the price.

Mike, I completely feel ya buddy, I still don't have it yet either and I'm afraid it'll be gone by the time I get out of this financial rut I'm currently in at the moment.

Looks incredible !

Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:28 pm

WHOOOOOPIE!!!!!!!!!!!

GOT IT! JUST NOW! NOW!!!! The doorbell rang! It was Santa Claus, a bit early! (But I have a b'day coming up, though I can't wait for that, even.)

I could barely lift it, and felt my back starting to do something not very nice to me. I asked for assistance. It came in a huge, rectangular box, which contained a smaller, yet huge box. And then we got a box-cutter thingy! I cannot carry it myself. I cannot.

Here he is, A Boy From Tupelo! {Bert Parks singing as BIG BOX sashes down the aisle, wearing his little crown of brown boxing.}

2012-09-07 11.08.54.jpg

2012-09-07 11.08.44.jpg

The lovely "name sun-like circle":

2012-09-07 11.09.01.jpg

:D :D :D

rjm
ernstrocks.gif

P.S. -- With this and other music purchases so far this year, and to come, I don't know if I can get that new computer. But music IS MUSIC!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:43 pm

rjm wrote:I could barely lift it, and felt my back starting to do something not very nice to me. I asked for assistance. It came in a huge, rectangular box, which contained a smaller, yet huge box. And then we got a box-cutter thingy!
I cannot carry it myself. I cannot.

Here he is, A Boy From Tupelo! {Bert Parks singing as BIG BOX sashes down the aisle, wearing his little crown of brown boxing.}

:lol: Glad you got it! Your drama is always entertaining!

Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:46 pm

Blue River wrote:
rjm wrote:I could barely lift it, and felt my back starting to do something not very nice to me. I asked for assistance. It came in a huge, rectangular box, which contained a smaller, yet huge box. And then we got a box-cutter thingy!
I cannot carry it myself. I cannot.

:lol: Glad you got it! Your drama is always entertaining!

Thankya. That you verymuch. (Shouldn't have said that! Sorry, Elvis, wherever you are. Oh, you're on that empty chair next to me! :wink: :smt006 ) :D :D

rjm

Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:31 pm

Great to hear that you finally got it, Robin! Enjoy the reading and listening to the CDs. :wink:

PS.: And your post was pretty funny indeed. :lol:

Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:56 am

Finally received it today. I'm stunned... and while I won't be able to delve into the audio til Monday, I'll be sinking into the book tonight for a bit. I already leafed through to make sure no pages were upside down or creased... which thankfully they were not.

The thing is, ordering from Shop Elivs, I took advantage of some discounts and got Hollywood to Memphis, Another Saturday Night and the GI Blues FTD. Whoever packed it put GI Blues in first... then put the two heavy books on top of that. Carelessness caused GI Blues to arrive dented and crushed, so now I have to return it! D'oh!

Other than that, I've got one nice set of Elvis stuff to go over in the coming week!

Axe

Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:00 am

rjm wrote:WHOOOOOPIE!!!!!!!!!!!

GOT IT! JUST NOW! NOW!!!! The doorbell rang! It was Santa Claus, a bit early! (But I have a b'day coming up, though I can't wait for that, even.)

I could barely lift it, and felt my back starting to do something not very nice to me. I asked for assistance. It came in a huge, rectangular box, which contained a smaller, yet huge box. And then we got a box-cutter thingy! I cannot carry it myself. I cannot.

2012-09-07 11.08.54.jpg

2012-09-07 11.08.44.jpg

The lovely "name sun-like circle":

2012-09-07 11.09.01.jpg

:D :D :D

rjm
ernstrocks.gif

P.S. -- With this and other music purchases so far this year, and to come, I don't know if I can get that new computer. But music IS MUSIC!!!

Awesome!!!!! 8)

Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:06 am

Thanks, Ian. :D

Now, it will take a LONG time going through it all! (And I have to work over this weekend, but it's going to be a long road with the Boy, so that's okay!)

rjm

Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:18 am

billyblues wrote:Great to hear that you finally got it, Robin! Enjoy the reading and listening to the CDs. :wink:

PS.: And your post was pretty funny indeed. :lol:

You think THAT was funny? Hey, I said Bert Parks was singing! And it turns out he was singing about the doorbell ringing!! Just for me, and Mah Boy, Mah Boy!

phpBB [video]

rjm (I opened the door!)

Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:22 am

Its also great for working out with!

JEFF d
EP fan