Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: GOT IT!!!! BOY FROM TUPELO !!!

Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:42 am

All I can say is a big thank you to everyone involved in this superb project. Ernst and his crew obviously. The sound upgrade is quite outstanding. If ever the term 'labour of love' could be genuinely applied it is to this wonderful product. i would also like to geive heartfelt thanks to Chris Giles for turning these around in 24 hours and mid afternoon on Thursday I had my copy, thanks Chris. I tell you what though, this is underpriced, I reckon around £200 would have been fair and maybe then FTD would break even on the project. Thanks again for this wonderful release

Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:28 pm

A Boy From Tupelo....GOT IT!!! Thanks NDT for your quick and efficient service.

I have thumbed through Ernst's inroduction and the Preface, and it has set the tone nicely for me to delve into the years of 1954 and 1955 now over the coming weeks and months. It really is that big! It's the absolute ultimate, and Ernst has duly noted in the book, this is a release that could only have been achieved by a record label not in it for the money, and a team and extended community of friends who share a passion for Elvis Presley.

I can't even begin to thank everybody involved enough, as this is possibly the greatest Elvis release of all time.

The audio, is simply stunning - like everybody else has said, it really is. Amazingly, the CD player on my sound system has started playing up and it keeps jamming on certain tracks. I've only managed to listen to Disc 1 up until "Blue Moon". I literally cannot believe this is happening to me at the worst possible moment. But at least I've got the damn thing now, I can read the book and the audio can wait until I sort out my CD system.

Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:48 pm

If Graceland has them already, then why do we ShopElvis customers have to wait another few weeks? Doesn't do much good to pre-order them I guess.

Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:59 pm

Just listening to Disc 2 - simply fantastic to hear the "remainders" after all these years (of course including some full sessions).

I'm glad nothing got censored - I was surprised to hear the inclusion of the word "motherf***er" during the "Tomorrow Night" dialogue fragment.

And the "Good Rockin' Tonight" fragment is awesome! Six seconds of musical history.

Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:02 pm

Okay, I once more tampered around with Elvis' legacy and that's what I come up with (don't take it too serious I just fooled around with the bits and pieces and some splicing jobs are rather sloppy):

When It Rains, It Pours (Splice of various takes).wav (File size: 23.80 MB)
http://www22.zippyshare.com/v/11259421/file.html

I like the first part of take 8 and take 1 in general very much, so I simply combined them:

When It Rains, It Pours (Splice Of Takes 8 & 1).wav (File size: 21.16 MB)
http://www22.zippyshare.com/v/10957877/file.html

And combining take 8 with the master (which is take 5):

When It Rains, It Pours (Splice Of Takes 8 & 5).wav (File size: 20.66 MB)
http://www22.zippyshare.com/v/95889044/file.html

Enjoy!

Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:57 pm

luckyjackson1 wrote:Okay, I once more tampered around with Elvis' legacy and that's what I come up with (don't take it too serious I just fooled around with the bits and pieces and some splicing jobs are rather sloppy):

I like the first part of take 8 and take 1 in general very much, so I simply combined them:

Enjoy!

Wow! So Seamless! Excellent Work.

It amazes me how you guys do that stuff.

I'm so glad I don't know how to because I'd never leave my computer. :?

Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:18 pm

luckjackson: do you take requests? How about Blue Moon of Kentucky? Please!!!!!!!

Burning Love

Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:26 pm

And the pictures are just phenomenal - so many new ones - there's SUCH a big emotional punch in seeing where he was, what he did, and that youthful, hopeful face - all these treasures showing " more moments of his life", as Todd Morgan used to say.

SO good to see everyone posting here so happy and united in excitement and fellow-feeling too.

Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:25 pm

As I'm further going through this amazing work of art, it's a tad emotional, almost surreal for me, because I just can't help but compare myself to Elvis as I read through these moments of his life, listen to the amazing recordings and view the pictures of this man.

As a few of you know on here, I'm one of the younger fans, and the same age as Elvis was during his Sun days. In fact, I've just worked out that next Sunday, on Aug 19th, 2012, I will be exactly the same age, to the day, as Elvis was when he performed "Little Mama" and others at the Lousiana Hayride on March 5, 1955. I guess that fact will surprise a few of you guys.

It's helped me better put into perspective and realise just what Elvis achieved at such a young age. It's so easy to forget when listening to "That's All Right" or "Mystery Train" that Elvis was really only 19 and 20. It's almost unthinkable, because he performs and sings with such ingenuity, such mastery and in such a unique style, it goes against logic. Especially when you learn he stumbled upon the 'sound'.

Forget Elvis Presley the global star, this is the real Elvis, a boy from Tupelo...
Last edited by Good Time Charlie on Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:46 pm

Good Time Charlie wrote:
Forget Elvis Presley the global star, this is the real Elvis, a boy from Tupelo...

I couldn't agree more with this.

Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:19 pm

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Finally it is here, 10 years in the making. Wow!!!!!, that´s what I can say, it was worth the waiting :smt007.

It was sent on 09/08/2012 and received it on 10/08/2012 from Chris Giles at the Elvis Shop, London by DHL. Outstanding service by Chris as always and I couldn´t receive it faster 8).

Thank you Sir for the freebies and although some will critize you, you never stated you will send the youtube song for free smt125.

O.K, I also made my video, sorry for the slurred speech but I was so excited to have it in my hands. Enjoy!. Bye for now :smt006.

phpBB [video]

Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:10 pm

Though I originally disliked the choice of picture for the front cover, I must admit it's rapidly growing on me. It's quite distinctive.

Do we have any information on it, though - date, place, occasion ? I cannot, so far, find a reference to it in the book.

Steve Morse

Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:31 pm

Steve Morse wrote:Though I originally disliked the choice of picture for the front cover, I must admit it's rapidly growing on me. It's quite distinctive.

Do we have any information on it, though - date, place, occasion ? I cannot, so far, find a reference to it in the book.

Steve Morse

It was taken the day Elvis Presley officially signed with RCA, Monday, November 21, 1955.

Tom Parker, Elvis Presley (with RCA tie)
Peabody Hotel, Memphis - Monday, November 21, 1955

Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:39 pm

A truly fabulous set,the highlight for me is the "Blue Moon"session.....brilliant to hear it in the context of the set

Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:01 pm

Last night i could only peer through the front glass of the good rockin shop. Now i have it!

It's mine, all mine!

And saw a fellow forum member as i was paying for it, so theres a bonus.

May not be many copies left here in memphis, but we'll see if more get put out.

Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:08 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Steve Morse wrote:Though I originally disliked the choice of picture for the front cover, I must admit it's rapidly growing on me. It's quite distinctive.

Steve Morse

It was taken the day Elvis Presley officially signed with RCA, Monday, November 21, 1955.

Thank you, Dr !

Steve Morse

Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:41 pm

Burning Love wrote:luckjackson: do you take requests? How about Blue Moon of Kentucky? Please!!!!!!!

Burning Love

Huh? What do you mean? I don't have the full session to it, so...

Please explain what exactly you imagine.

Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:43 pm

ElvisTheKid wrote:
luckyjackson1 wrote:Okay, I once more tampered around with Elvis' legacy and that's what I come up with (don't take it too serious I just fooled around with the bits and pieces and some splicing jobs are rather sloppy):

Enjoy!

Wow! So Seamless! Excellent Work.

It amazes me how you guys do that stuff.

I'm so glad I don't know how to because I'd never leave my computer. :?
Well, thank you, thank you very much. It's easy when you have a great editing program... :D
Well just like some other people around here, I indeed almost never leave my computer... :mrgreen:

Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:50 pm

Luckjackson I know the whole session are not one the CDs. I just want to hear the improvement in the individual song. I am hear in the states and it loooks like about two weeks at least. I know BMOK was one of the worst traspfered tapes when it first came out in 55 I just want to hear the improvement in that song and maybe Milkcow? PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

Burning Love

Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:58 pm

elvis sessions what is that bonus and Do I understand you correctly that ou are getting this from the elvis shop in memphis? If you are this is pretty exciting because i ordered from shop elvis so hopefully this will be included in my shipment.

Burning Love

Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:04 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:

Steve Morse

Tom Parker, Elvis Presley (with RCA tie)
Peabody Hotel, Memphis - Monday, November 21, 1955

RCA tie! That's kind of cute, although I guess he was told firmly to put it on? Imagine the uproar if that uncropped shot had been on the front of the set :shock:

Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:00 am

King Volcano wrote:RCA tie! That's kind of cute, although I guess he was told firmly to put it on?

Elvis probably threw the thing on without hesitation. This was a very special day.

RCA %22Nipper%22 necktie.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:13 am

My FTD has just landed in Brazil!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:18 am

Renan wrote:My FTD has just landed in Brazil!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

That's great to hear, man! I'm very happy for you and I hope you have the chance to put your hands on it soon! ;)

Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:11 am

elvissessions wrote:I can confirm Graceland has copies. I've seen 'em for myself. Now, let's see how long they last ...

OK I don't get it... Graceland has copies but shopelvis.com can't ship until the end of the month??? wtf???