Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Does anbody have a problem with the size of FTD Soundtracks?

Thu May 08, 2003 4:30 am

Meaning the cases holding the disc's..........

If there is any negative reaction from me on the releases i just wish FTD would have left the size the same as all the other releases.........

Are there any reactions about this?

PEP 8)

Thu May 08, 2003 4:33 am

I haven't seen them yet, but I like the idea of the 7inch size and hope more releases (Not just soundtracks) get this treatment.

The only Drawback in the world of CD is the small covers and Tiny writing.

8)

Thu May 08, 2003 4:36 am

I will probably need to put up a new shelf as these won't fit in what I currently have.

RKS

Thu May 08, 2003 4:40 am

yes basically that is my problem too.........and may very well be most everyones problem with these releases.........

Neverthless this is the only negative about these releases in my opinion....other than that the FTD team did an excellent job !

I look forward to the other soundtrack releases.

PEP 8)

Thu May 08, 2003 4:44 am

I'm about to build some new shelves for my collection. Adjustable shelves seem to be on my mind for this project.

:twisted:

Thu May 08, 2003 5:44 am

u know, ive read some dillys! now people are bitching because they have to buy new shelves because they are too big?? my GOD!!! i just hope Ernst doesnt read this stupidity. lol if he does i wouldnt blame him if he shut the whole thing down and found something better else to do. HOLY SMOKES PEOPLE!!!

Thu May 08, 2003 6:31 am

They all fit in my shelves and there is nothing fancy about them. They were purchased in your normal K-Mart, Wal-Mart type of stores.
The cd cases must only be about an eighth of an inch smaller than regular jewel cases. They should fit in almost any type of shelf.

jeff R

You know Kylan.................

Thu May 08, 2003 6:46 am

For me this is a problem........I can live with it but still............

Certainly the music is the most important thing.......however.......when one has gone through Records , 8 track tapes,.....cd's,. you name it many times over........its tough to ajust sometimes............

Especially if the format hasn't changed but the packaging has..........

The releases recieves an A+ for effort for the FTD team from me.........still I would have rather had the smaller cases to go along with other CD's I have.........

I was just curious if other people felt the same way,....nothing more nothing less..........

I have made other cover copies for releases like this before in the past for my own personal collection and I can do it again.......however again its not a big deal.........and there is No bitching here at my end only a comment and a curiosity of what other people felt !

PEP 8)

Thu May 08, 2003 7:10 am

Kylan wrote:u know, ive read some dillys! now people are bitching because they have to buy new shelves because they are too big?? my GOD!!! i just hope Ernst doesnt read this stupidity. lol if he does i wouldnt blame him if he shut the whole thing down and found something better else to do. HOLY SMOKES PEOPLE!!!

I think this point is quite relevant. No problem for me, but others who have Cd racks that fit normal Cds will have a problem. I like the 7 inch format. This thread is not posted as a complaint just an inquirey as to how many people it bothers.

That's what this board is about geting peoples views.
Mine as yours is for the 7 inch format.

:roll:

Thu May 08, 2003 11:35 am

Personally I would have preferred a 12" format.

But I'm not complaining.

I might if the series is never completed - so let's give Ernst every encouragement.

Thu May 08, 2003 4:06 pm

Complaining is not good.

Sure, everybody has their point of view but come on people...
Show Ernst some LOVE!!!
:D :D :D :D :D :D

Re: Does anbody have a problem with the size of FTD Soundtra

Thu May 08, 2003 4:31 pm

PEP wrote:Meaning the cases holding the disc's..........

If there is any negative reaction from me on the releases i just wish FTD would have left the size the same as all the other releases.........

Are there any reactions about this?

PEP 8)

At first I also pleaded and begged for the normal size FTD's, but now I have 3 of those beauties, I'm already looking forward to having about 30 of 'em nicely in a row :D

Thu May 08, 2003 8:46 pm

I like John's approach. Listen, if you're a collector, then I'm sure you have more than just a shelf that holds 5" cd cases. Where do you put all your box sets? Just put these 7" cases there, and leave the discs in new jewel cases with the rest of your discs. It's not really brain surgery.

SIZE DOESN'T MATTER!

Thu May 08, 2003 10:10 pm

I made my own CD cases to store the CD's in, so I won't ruin these nice covers. I copied the front and back cover and all of a sudden it goes with all the other CD's. So I store the cover's with all the other material that does not fit the regular CD cases! Practical!

Fri May 09, 2003 5:12 am

I will wait and purchase these in Memphis when I visit next month, then I will judge. Sound great tho!!

TCB

Randall :D

Fri May 09, 2003 6:12 am

I agree with Elvis Fan on this, certainly we should not be complaining about the size of our packets. I was always taught to be grateful for what you've got. The FTD series has gone into new and exciting directions this year, and we should be glad of it.

Fri May 09, 2003 6:16 am

Yep I love them. (If they could only improve the clasp, it's a bugger)

:twisted:

Anti-Boot Device? Cheers!

Fri May 09, 2003 6:21 am

These soundtrack FTDs (for now) are decidedly not on my shopping list, as for me, the Double Features of this lowlight era of Elvis' career is enough for me, despite alleged inferior sound etc.

That said, these look like fun reissues in handsome original style art.

I tend to think the unique packaging was intended to make bootlegging less inviting and not so easy to do. That's a good goal, and I salute anything that makes FTD prosper.

Fri May 09, 2003 6:51 pm

Dang dude, I cant believe you are passing on these!! geeeez

Fri May 09, 2003 6:55 pm

I haven't given much thought about the size of the CD container. I can live with it.

BTW, I did receive the Studio B FTD a few days ago.

Tom (from Ohio)

Fri May 09, 2003 9:16 pm

I only just got my hands on these sountrack FTD's yesterday and I must say the packaging is very impressive.

I am a bit of a cover art junkie and these little beauties were even better than expected. You really feel like you have something a bit special when you open up these puppies.

With the Celluloid Rock box sets really setting a high standard for the packaging of movie tracks - FTD have surpassed even the Cool Romeo releases with this excellent packaging.

Maybe the proof readers needed a little more time on them though with such gems as Girl Happy co star Gary being credited as GORY Crosby here on the FTD packaging. (gory ? surely he wasn't that bad ;))

As for the size of the packaging - not really a problem with the various shapes and sizes of box set formats official and import already available - and you can make jewel case covers to fit in with the other CDs in the collection (as I often do)

Great work FTD !!!!!!

BEAUTIFUL

Sun May 11, 2003 1:30 pm

These packages are beautiful and something special. I think the idea was taken from the special edition of Cliff Richard's "Summer holiday" CD which was reissued in similar type packaging with unreleased bonus tracks. Not that I have this garbage!!!
TONY DOBB

Sun May 11, 2003 1:40 pm

I agree with ClintReno: you really feel that you have something special when you have one of these FTD soundtracks in your hands....

And this packing beats lots of imports. I prefer this packing over those of "There's Always Me", "Lean, Mean and Kicking Butt" and the DAE/Luxor releases..

Thanks BMG

Sun May 11, 2003 1:46 pm

At my age I am grateful for the larger packaging with its larger printing !

The 'Studio B' sleeve, with its tiny white lettering on a light green background, is kinda difficult to decipher unless read in a bright light !

How I miss those 12" vinyl album sleeves !

The packaging doesn't have to reflect the size of the product.

Do you remember the early CD-Roms ?

A huge cardboard box with a normal-size CD tucked away inside it !

Colin B