Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Book: Walk A Mile In My Shoes

Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:34 am

A free promotional CD containing various Elvis rarities, including the newly discovered live version of ‘I Forgot To Remember To Forget’


So Arjan Deelen has bought the recording? :?

Re: Book: Walk A Mile In My Shoes

Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:37 am

Rockin_John wrote:
A free promotional CD containing various Elvis rarities, including the newly discovered live version of ‘I Forgot To Remember To Forget’


So Arjan Deelen has bought the recording? :?


where did you get that info from ?

Re: Book: Walk A Mile In My Shoes

Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:13 am

jinjoe wrote:
Rockin_John wrote:
A free promotional CD containing various Elvis rarities, including the newly discovered live version of ‘I Forgot To Remember To Forget’


So Arjan Deelen has bought the recording? :?


where did you get that info from ?


Maybe he got it for his birthday !!!! :wink: :wink:
Happy birthday, buddy !! :D

Re: Book: Walk A Mile In My Shoes

Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:53 pm

eap19351977 wrote:
jinjoe wrote:
Rockin_John wrote:
A free promotional CD containing various Elvis rarities, including the newly discovered live version of ‘I Forgot To Remember To Forget’


So Arjan Deelen has bought the recording? :?


where did you get that info from ?

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/elvis_news.html

The book is from Arjan Deelen, but it doesn't say anything about buying the wire recording. I'd bet every penny I have to hand* that he's ripped the audio directly from the original Youtube video.

*currently 3p

Re: Book: Walk A Mile In My Shoes

Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:25 pm

The Pirate wrote:
eap19351977 wrote:
jinjoe wrote:
Rockin_John wrote:
A free promotional CD containing various Elvis rarities, including the newly discovered live version of ‘I Forgot To Remember To Forget’


So Arjan Deelen has bought the recording? :?


where did you get that info from ?

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/elvis_news.html

The book is from Arjan Deelen, but it doesn't say anything about buying the wire recording. I'd bet every penny I have to hand* that he's ripped the audio directly from the original Youtube video.

*currently 3p



Yep, probably. And as this new book is another book of quotes from Elvis' associates (Jerry Scheff etc) again, I can't see many takers for it in light of the vast mountain of books that are coming out right now, all at very high prices. Pass..............

Re: Book: Walk A Mile In My Shoes

Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:55 pm

Not quotes, full interviews.

It's not you to sound so negative, Tony... Everything ok?

Re: Book: Walk A Mile In My Shoes

Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:20 pm

Rock Legend wrote:Not quotes, full interviews.

It's not you to sound so negative, Tony... Everything ok?


My (non negative, just honest) point is that interviews with all these people have appeared in such magazines as "Elvis the man and his music", "Elvis Unlimited" and books such as "Talking Elvis" "essential Elvis interviews" and others. Plus, I for one, have met a lot of these guys and heard them being interviewed on several occasions. What more could they possibly add to what's already been asked of them and quoted several times already? I have the 2 other books full of interviews I mentioned; that seems quite adeqate coverage for me.

Re: Book: Walk A Mile In My Shoes

Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:57 pm

For starters, there are various people that are interviewed here that you won’t find elsewhere, like Chips Moman and Mary & Ginger Holladay. Secondly, some of the interviews here are some of the best ones out there with some of these musicians / producers, like for instance my interviews with Jerry Scheff, Michael Jarrett and Ronnie Tutt. I have never really been ‘starstuck’ by these people, even booked shows for several of them, and have never been afraid to ask the unpleasant questions that some people avoid… I think that it makes for compelling reading, and reading these interviews in this book really gives you a very good idea of Elvis as a human being and an artist. Personally I am pleased that my work is now gathered ‘under one roof’. Others have used these interviews or parts of them for their own purposes, and quotes from these interviews have been used in books like ELVIS ’69, and I am pleased to be finally be able in control of my own work again. I am very happy with the book (the design is gorgeous), and so was Duke Bardwell, who wrote an introduction for it. It seems that you don’t like too read all that much Tony, but there are about 300 photos in the book which you can look at and enjoy – if you can enjoy anything at all, that is :smt002

Re: Book: Walk A Mile In My Shoes

Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:33 pm

Rock Legend wrote:For starters, there are various people that are interviewed here that you won’t find elsewhere, like Chips Moman and Mary & Ginger Holladay. Secondly, some of the interviews here are some of the best ones out there with some of these musicians / producers, like for instance my interviews with Jerry Scheff, Michael Jarrett and Ronnie Tutt. I have never really been ‘starstuck’ by these people, even booked shows for several of them, and have never been afraid to ask the unpleasant questions that some people avoid… I think that it makes for compelling reading, and reading these interviews in this book really gives you a very good idea of Elvis as a human being and an artist. Personally I am pleased that my work is now gathered ‘under one roof’. Others have used these interviews or parts of them for their own purposes, and quotes from these interviews have been used in books like ELVIS ’69, and I am pleased to be finally be able in control of my own work again. I am very happy with the book (the design is gorgeous), and so was Duke Bardwell, who wrote an introduction for it. It seems that you don’t like too read all that much Tony, but there are about 300 photos in the book which you can look at and enjoy – if you can enjoy anything at all, that is :smt002



I enjoy plenty and enjoy the 2 books I already have similar to this. I also have read the interview with the Holladays in a magazine recently and they did not spend so much time with Elvis after all. The market is currently flooded with constant new book releases and many are struggling to keep up. I may buy yours in a few years if there is ever a gap in the release schedules of everything.

Re: Book: Walk A Mile In My Shoes

Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:57 pm

Rock Legend wrote:For starters, there are various people that are interviewed here that you won’t find elsewhere, like Chips Moman and Mary & Ginger Holladay. Secondly, some of the interviews here are some of the best ones out there with some of these musicians / producers, like for instance my interviews with Jerry Scheff, Michael Jarrett and Ronnie Tutt. I have never really been ‘starstuck’ by these people, even booked shows for several of them, and have never been afraid to ask the unpleasant questions that some people avoid… I think that it makes for compelling reading, and reading these interviews in this book really gives you a very good idea of Elvis as a human being and an artist. Personally I am pleased that my work is now gathered ‘under one roof’. Others have used these interviews or parts of them for their own purposes, and quotes from these interviews have been used in books like ELVIS ’69, and I am pleased to be finally be able in control of my own work again. I am very happy with the book (the design is gorgeous), and so was Duke Bardwell, who wrote an introduction for it. It seems that you don’t like too read all that much Tony, but there are about 300 photos in the book which you can look at and enjoy – if you can enjoy anything at all, that is :smt002



Did you buy the recording of "I Forgot To Remember To Forget"?

Re: Book: Walk A Mile In My Shoes

Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:11 pm

No. I hope that Ernst gets it and nobody else.

The CD is just a nice bonus, the real meat is obviously the book. Having said that, there's a bunch of nice rarities on it. And for the price of € 29,95 for the book + CD, you can't go wrong with this one.

Re: Book: Walk A Mile In My Shoes

Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:34 pm

Ok! :D

Re: Book: Walk A Mile In My Shoes

Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:34 am

I posted this on another thread today, but thought it should go here as well:

Walk A Mile In My Shoes arrived today and it is obviously a SUPER-QUALITY project, right down to the delightful "bonus" CD, which holds mostly known rarities, but all of them are in great quality, including the two songs Elvis jammed with Voice in Palm Springs, "Let Me Be The One" and "Spanish Eyes."

The book is hardcover, with high-quality paper and razor-sharp color images, many of which I have not seen before. Arjan Deelen's interviews within are the icing on the cake -- they are as good as it gets, with intelligent and gracefully delivered questions. You learn something new about Elvis after reading them.

Highest recommendation!

Re: Book: Walk A Mile In My Shoes

Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:22 am

I don't mind reading it twice :wink:

Re: Book: Walk A Mile In My Shoes

Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:23 am

Rock Legend wrote:I don't mind reading it twice :wink:


I have this book for some time now but I did not write about it yet. I read the book again last night again. In my humble opinon - a quality, well presented book with many rare images and well written text. Quality paper and printing is an added plus! Price is reasonable, compared with with some overpriced softcover "booklets" with b/w images only, Highly recommended as well as Deelens previous book, "CAUGHT IN A TRAP", if you cand find one!

Re: Book: Walk A Mile In My Shoes

Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:54 am

Thank you, deadringer!