Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Autumn Gold -- New Audionics Release (10-1-74 Show)

Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:43 pm

+1 Tony

Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:02 pm

Yes Tony....i like 'killing me softly' by voice and Ernst will never give us that. maybe dinner at eight can come out by Audionics with 'my heavenly father' in it too?! :roll: :?

Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:40 pm

First time I've heard that Voice sang "Killing Me Softly" on 10/01/174. I know they sang it the previous night in South Bend but this has never been revealed before to my knowledge. Is it possible this is from another show?

Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:49 pm

Elvis Fan wrote:First time I've heard that Voice sang "Killing Me Softly" on 10/01/174. I know they sang it the previous night in South Bend but this has never been revealed before to my knowledge. Is it possible this is from another show?

Not saying this website is gospel but taken from http://www.elvisconcerts.com

September 30 1974 (8:30 pm). South Bend IN. Notre Dame Athletic Center

TRACKLIST
2001 Theme / C C Rider / I Got A Woman / - segued medley with - / Amen / Love Me / Blue Suede Shoes / Its Midnight / Big Boss Man / Fever / Love Me Tender / Hound Dog / If You Love Me / Bridge Over Troubled Water / Band Introductions / Guitar Solo ( featuring James Burton ) / Drum Solo ( featuring Ronnie Tutt ) / Bass Solo ( featuring Duke Bardwell ) / Piano Solo ( featuring Glen D Hardin ) / Lawdy Miss Clawdy / Killing Me Softly / ( above song performed by Voice ) / Polk Salad Annie / Why Me Lord ? / All Shook Up / Teddy Bear / - segued medley with - / Dont Be Cruel / You Gave Me A Mountain / Let Me Be There / Hawaiian Wedding Song (+ reprise) / Johnny B Goode / Cant Help Falling In Love / Closing Vamp

October 1 1974 (8:30 pm). South Bend IN. Notre Dame Athletic Center

TRACKLIST
2001 Theme / C C Rider / I Got A Woman / - segued medley with - / Amen / Love Me / Blue Suede Shoes / Its Midnight / Big Boss Man / Fever / Love Me Tender / Hound Dog / Heartbreak Hotel / If You Love Me / Bridge Over Troubled Water / Band Introductions / Guitar Solo ( featuring James Burton ) / Drum Solo ( featuring Ronnie Tutt ) / Bass Solo ( featuring Duke Bardwell ) / Piano Solo ( featuring Glen D Hardin ) / Orchestra Solo / Lawdy Miss Clawdy / All Shook Up / Teddy Bear / - segued medley with - / Dont Be Cruel / Killing Me Softly / ( above song performed by Voice ) / Let Me Be There (+ reprise) / Its Now Or Never / You Gave Me A Mountain / Johnny B Goode / Hawaiian Wedding Song / Steamroller Blues / Cant Help Falling In Love / Closing Vamp

Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:08 pm

If the bootleggers are ever to come up with a NEW or UNRELEASED show (and I don't mean poor sounding audience recordings of something I / we have had on cassette for over 30 years!), then I would buy it. They're clutching at straws here releasing songs by the ghastly 'Voice', the absence of which doesn't bother me one bit. Now, if they came up with a show where Getlow the dog barks a few times during the introductions, that is another matter..... :smt002 :roll: :lol:

Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:15 pm

YDKM wrote:Yes Tony....i like 'killing me softly' by voice and Ernst will never give us that. maybe dinner at eight can come out by Audionics with 'my heavenly father' in it too?! :roll: :?

I like that song, too (though a version by Elvis would have been better).
Interesting that the FTD lists "Closing vamp & announcements" but on the CD only the incomplete closing vamp is there. Maybe it was decided in the last minute to edit out the announcements? Or was it omitted accidentally? No big deal, of course, just strange when the track-list on the back cover lists something that's actually not on the CD.

Tony.. wrote:
YDKM wrote:I like 'better sound' and i am also a COMPLETIST...so even for the South Bend show being 'complete' i would get this. :D
You are the sort of person this is aimed at - a re-release of an adequate FTD CD with about 7 seconds of 'extra' dialogue. I can live without the extra 7 seconds.

How do you know it's only 7 seconds?

Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:42 pm

George Smith wrote:
A. C. van Kuijk wrote:I never heared of "binaural stereo", but I guess they just want to release the stuff as it was recorded.

Binaural stereo is a method of recording using (essentially) two microphones.
One microphone captures the vocalist (or the lead instrument) and the other captures the band.
Ideally, the two channels will then be mixed into one dynamic mono track, giving the engineer some control over the final mix.

Certainly for the professional recording of songs with a full band accompaniment, more than two microphones would have been fed into a recording console for live mixing of a binaural track. The same procedure with a pure mono signal too.
But I catch the drift of what you meant.

Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:06 pm

Rob wrote:
TCB-FAN wrote:But we all depend on you for your valuable input on new import releases. It's how you roll.

Not this time. Money be damned, I just don't see myself buying a reissue of a show that I seldom listen to now.

I know I'm nuts for passing up another version of Killing Me Softly, but I like living on the edge

He's such a wild cat!

Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:12 pm

elvisalisellers wrote:
George Smith wrote:
A. C. van Kuijk wrote:I never heared of "binaural stereo", but I guess they just want to release the stuff as it was recorded.

Binaural stereo is a method of recording using (essentially) two microphones.
One microphone captures the vocalist (or the lead instrument) and the other captures the band.
Ideally, the two channels will then be mixed into one dynamic mono track, giving the engineer some control over the final mix.

Certainly for the professional recording of songs with a full band accompaniment, more than two microphones would have been fed into a recording console for live mixing of a binaural track. The same procedure with a pure mono signal too.
But I catch the drift of what you meant.

The August 16th 1974 rehearsal has ALWAYS been in binaural stereo right from it's first release on bootleg many years ago! The release of this format is nothing new with this material, unless it's from the master tape in better quality, which means it was deliberately downgraded on first release in order to be able to sell it to us again.

Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:22 pm

Tony.. wrote:The release of this format is nothing new with this material, unless it's from the master tape in better quality, which means it was deliberately downgraded on first release in order to be able to sell it to us again.

Here's a thought: stop buying 'em. Problem solved.

Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:32 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Tony.. wrote:The release of this format is nothing new with this material, unless it's from the master tape in better quality, which means it was deliberately downgraded on first release in order to be able to sell it to us again.

Here's a thought: stop buying 'em. Problem solved.

I am one of the easily led, caught up in a gullible web I'm afraid, just like many others here.

Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:44 pm

Audionics will release new 2-CD set in early August

Is it out yet?

Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:58 pm

Any day now,..I have heard.

Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:58 pm

Lisa Rose wrote:
Audionics will release new 2-CD set in early August

Is it out yet?

Hopefully not. They have decided to re-release "America" with the missing 14 seconds plus an extra 9 seconds of Sherrill Nielsen 'vocalising' before the 2001 theme!! :smt003

Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:57 pm

Was searching ebay and came across this release.
No reviews yet.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ELVIS-PRESLEY-Autumn-Gold-2-CD-Digi-Pack-Sealed-/320976519820?pt=UK_Music_Music_Memorabilia_LE&hash=item4abbb1028c

Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:41 pm

Tony.. wrote:If the bootleggers are ever to come up with a NEW or UNRELEASED show (and I don't mean poor sounding audience recordings of something I / we have had on cassette for over 30 years!), then I would buy it. They're clutching at straws here releasing songs by the ghastly 'Voice', the absence of which doesn't bother me one bit. Now, if they came up with a show where Getlow the dog barks a few times during the introductions, that is another matter..... :smt002 :roll: :lol:

+1 haha!

Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:10 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSitFkMr ... e=g-user-u

Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:38 am

elvis1977br wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSitFkMrwjk&feature=g-user-u

Thanks for posting but I don't think anyone can judge the sound from this clip as there is no direct audio plug in..
Any other samples available?

Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:39 am

On October 2, 1974, in St. Paul, Elvis asked the audience, "Do you like 'Killing Me Softly?" The audience cheered, thinking he was going to sing it, and then he springs Voice on us. Nobody was pleased. For completists that would buy this release for this addition, well, enjoy , but I couldn't be less interested.

By the way, the next night he asked if we like "Killing Me Softly," and when the audience cheered he said, "Well we're not going to do it tonight." I cheered.

Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:02 pm

stevelecher wrote:On October 2, 1974, in St. Paul, Elvis asked the audience, "Do you like 'Killing Me Softly?" The audience cheered, thinking he was going to sing it, and then he springs Voice on us. Nobody was pleased. For completists that would buy this release for this addition, well, enjoy , but I couldn't be less interested.

I dont care for the concert part but wondering how the rehersals sounds.....beeing in stereo for the first time.

Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:57 pm

It's out so...

The concert itself sounds basicly the same as the FTD.
I like "Killing me softly" and the voice of Sherill Nielsen very much, but it's the only "new" thing on the concert part, and it's a short version too...
The "closing vamp" thing is also not a real selling point...
Cd 1 is for certain no improvement.

Cd 2
It contains parts of the august 16 1974 rehearsal.
For the first time in binaurel stereo, as it was original recorded.
IMO it does not sound better then before.
In fact, i like the very first complete release of these reheasals much better.((the DAE cd)
They had the stereo sound mixed to mono, it sounds better that way, no doubt.

The artwork (digipack with bookel) is nice, with mostly re-couloured pics from the Tunzi book "Enter the dragon".

Conclusion: hardly essential.

Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:44 pm

Got it yesterday. So far only listened to the concert. Though the sound is not lightyears better, there's one important difference: the annoying distortion (that was present on the FTD) is gone! This alone gives a much better listening experience, even if the sound is basically not much better.
I really enjoyed 'Killing Me Softly', i guess i'm in the minority. A short but nice version. And it's only the second available soundboard version of this song if i remember correctly.
As for the new (originally edited out) dialogue-parts, i couldn't find any. I suppose there must be a few, i just missed them somehow. Where are they exactly?
And finally the 'Announcements'. No big deal at all, it doesn't add a lot to the concert (if any). But why did they edit it out from the FTD? Especially when it was listed both on the back cover and the inside cover! It's crazy.

Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:55 am

I've had it a fortnight. Its ear screechingly loud to my ears. Re the rehearsal, the softer, fuller sounding original release on From Sunset Blvd to Paradise Road is the best listenimg experience for me for this recording.

Sounds like Sherril has a gerbal or something ticklish in his pants.

Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:27 am

I'm quite content with the FTD releases of both. No need for me to spend the $$ for this.

rlj

Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:59 pm

Listened to the rehearsal, well, i prefer the mix of the DAE version, but the binaural sound works well as an interesting alternative. This is the original vintage mix or whatever, it was recorded this way. I didn't like the original mix of "Reconsider Baby" either on 'Standing Room Only' FTD but it was good to hear how it sounded back then in its original form
All in all, a nice release for collectors but not really essential for casual fans.