Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Autumn Gold -- New Audionics Release (10-1-74 Show)

Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:53 pm

Jim Dandy wrote:I've had it a fortnight. Its ear screechingly loud to my ears. Re the rehearsal, the softer, fuller sounding original release on From Sunset Blvd to Paradise Road is the best listenimg experience for me for this recording.

Sounds like Sherril has a gerbal or something ticklish in his pants.

what's the difference between the FTD vesion and the DAE version???...why DAE is better??

Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:07 pm

The sound isnt much of an improvement on FTD, plus it suffers from ALOT of cuts, too many i believe .....

Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:49 pm

:oops: Geez so this is another release i can easily do without then :|

Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:47 am

YDKM wrote::oops: Geez so this is another release i can easily do without then :|

Nooo....you must get it ! You would'nt want to miss out on "Killing Me Softly" by Voice, would you ?

Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:33 am

Worthwhile for collectors in any case..now the show is complete.

Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:27 am

:lol: Well i too have now listened to this release...most certainly non essential (if you have the FTD outing) but well...i actually heard different sounds on the 1/10/74 show and 16/8/74 rehearsals sounded more enjoyable to me...so marginally better and for completists and rich collectors only!~ :wink: :wink: :roll: :lol:

Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:57 am

YDKM wrote::lol: Well i too have now listened to this release...most certainly non essential (if you have the FTD outing) but well...i actually heard different sounds on the 1/10/74 show and 16/8/74 rehearsals sounded more enjoyable to me...so marginally better and for completists and rich collectors only!~ :wink: :wink: :roll: :lol:

Agree, theres not a big improvement but there is a noticeable one, its great to have the show complete. and the rehearsal in binaural audio not mixed down to mono as on the FTD

Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:20 am

I listened AGAIN and found the 1st October show quite a show. DISTURBING in the waffling dialogue from Elvis during I got a Woman and just b4 Its Midnight , but inspiring in his effort to produced a good version of Bridge over Troubled Water-which in this better sounding release i found VERY moving and his determination to sing a good show for the fans-which he achieves despite revealing a deeply troubled man by some of his weird comments this show. As far as Voice singing-he just seems to enjoy hearing them sing and i don't find that a problem this show because Elvis sings a lot too~!
maybe Ciscoking can find another 'interesting' show from this up and down tour....Elvis was still very interesting to see in 1974-still 8)

on the other hand some of the Whining sounds of VOICE on the 16th August 74 rehearsal tape DO really annoy after a while!~

Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:09 am

The most interesting is probably South Bend one day earlier....a good show
considering all the circumstances these days..

Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:44 am

Ciscoking wrote:The most interesting is probably South Bend one day earlier....a good show
considering all the circumstances these days..

yes the audience recording isn't the best...but yeah a soundboard would surely sound great!~