Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: NEW ALBUM - Live Greatest Hits. ft 'I Forgot To Remember

Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:55 am

dannyboy1 wrote:Thanks for posting. This should be interesting. Just out of curiosity....did you increase the speed of "I Forgot to Remember"? I have for my collection, since the recording was running a tad slow.

Hi Dannyboy. No I did not, I'll love to hear what you've done.

Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:02 am

Matthew wrote:The thread title is annoyingly misleading. Anyone reading it for the first time would expect to see an announcement or indication of some official CD release featuring the new live discovery. This is not a "NEW ALBUM" that you're listing here, its a sequencing of recordings from other CDs and YouTube that you've played around with and offered up on the internet. Perhaps the word "homemade" should be in the thread title.

That's not a bad idea, and a reasonable request -- why not make a simple title edit for those of us who care?

promiseland wrote:If I Can Dream is not a live recording.

The rendition used to close the TV show featured a live -- and fantastic -- vocal sung over the backing tracks. I assume this is the version used for the homemade CD-R. The track was bootlegged for years, and RCA released this performance officially in 1998.

Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:13 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Matthew wrote:The thread title is annoyingly misleading. Anyone reading it for the first time would expect to see an announcement or indication of some official CD release featuring the new live discovery. This is not a "NEW ALBUM" that you're listing here, its a sequencing of recordings from other CDs and YouTube that you've played around with and offered up on the internet. Perhaps the word "homemade" should be in the thread title.

That's not a bad idea, and a reasonable request -- why not make a simple title edit for those of us who care?

promiseland wrote:If I Can Dream is not a live recording.

The rendition used to close the TV show featured a live -- and fantastic -- vocal sung over the backing tracks. I assume this is the version used for the homemade CD-R. The track was bootlegged for years, and RCA released this performance officially in 1998.

Ahh yes! Forgot that one Doc.
Thanks for the correction.

Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:19 pm

Sorry promisland, didn't see your comment. Yes that is the version I used.

Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:26 pm

No problem, sorry for the negative comment without checking first.

Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:32 pm

Matthew wrote:The thread title is annoyingly misleading. This is not a new album, it is a homemade project being shared on the internet.

You could have phrased it a little nicer. Trouble_jw went through great lengths to provide us with something very enjoyable. Give him a break.

Common sense told me it's a little too early for such an official release so I wasn’t thrown off too much. I thought it was going to be someone’s wish list but was pleasantly surprised. Thanks again trouble_jw

Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:36 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:That's not a bad idea, and a reasonable request -- why not make a simple title edit for those of us who care?
[/quote]

Because It was far from politely put across, a handful of you FECC members seem to completely lack manners,

promiseland wrote:No problem, sorry for the negative comment without checking first.

No Problem!

ElvisTheKid wrote:
Matthew wrote:The thread title is annoyingly misleading. This is not a new album, it is a homemade project being shared on the internet.

You could have phrased it a little nicer. Trouble_jw went through great lengths to provide us with something very enjoyable. Give him a break.

Common sense told me it's a little too early for such an official release so I wasn’t thrown off too much. I thought it was going to be someone’s wish list but was pleasantly surprised. Thanks again trouble_jw

Yeah I thought the same! Thanks for backing me up. And again, u r welcome! :)

Re: MY album - Live Greatest Hits. ft 'I Forgot To Remember'

Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:30 pm

I'm not sure if it's my computer but the download speed is incredibly slow for me... I'd love to hear this but 9 hours for 700mB is too long. I'll try it from home later today.

Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:06 pm

I must admit that i was a tad annoyed when i thought there was a new compilation cd out that i could buy just to get the one song that is new, Imagine how pi$$ed off i was when i realised it was a free download that a nice generous board member had taken time and care to compile for us to enjoy, I hope you are ashamed of yourself :evil: .

O.k so none of the above is actually true , I,m from Yorkshire and we like free :) , And i appreciate you doing this and sharing it with us so thank you :) .

Alan.

Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:18 pm

Chad Gates wrote:I must admit that i was a tad annoyed when i thought there was a new compilation cd out that i could buy just to get the one song that is new, Imagine how pi$$ed off i was when i realised it was a free download that a nice generous board member had taken time and care to compile for us to enjoy, I hope you are ashamed of yourself :evil: .

O.k so none of the above is actually true , I,m from Yorkshire and we like free :) , And i appreciate you doing this and sharing it with us so thank you :) .

Alan.

:smt003

Had to laugh, brilliant sarcasm! And thank you

Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:07 am

ElvisTheKid wrote:

A little nicer? The thread title was misleading and that was annoying. That's all I pointed out. Then I quite truthfully explained that this is not a new album, that it is a homemade project being shared on the internet.

trouble_jw wrote:Because It was far from politely put across, a handful of you FECC members seem to completely lack manners

Far from politely put across? You got that from "The thread title is annoyingly misleading"? Those six words? Far from politely put across would have been something on the lines of "You moron, this isn't a new bloody album. Thanks for wasting my time and getting my hopes up that the wire had been aquired and was being rush released on a new album. This isn't even an album at all."

I didn't write anything like that and no one can reasonably accuse me of that from six words. Some members are far too sensitive. Seems to me all you were expecting from this thread was to get unanimous praise for bootlegging material on the forum. But the fact remains that I didn't write anything negative about your efforts to create artwork or mess around with audio.

::rocks

Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:59 am

Feel better Matthew?

Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:05 am

Feeling just fine. I'm glad we cleared it up that I was not being "far from polite".

Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:13 am

Thanks for sharing and editing the title of the thread :D
Can you please edit the title "A Big Hunk Of Love" on the back cover?

Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:15 am

Stop being so rude Jove, just stop it now!

Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:18 am

You're really feeling better and finer now.

Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:51 am

Matthew wrote:Stop being so rude Jove, just stop it now!

Give it a rest. It's boring now, feel free to inbox me with your problems if you wish to talk
::rocks
Last edited by trouble_jw on Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:52 am

Jove wrote:Thanks for sharing and editing the title of the thread :D
Can you please edit the title "A Big Hunk Of Love" on the back cover?

I plan to change another thing I've noticed so when I do I shall change that too.

Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:42 am

Found a new source on one of the songs in a better quality. Will share later

Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:18 pm

Thanx again mate, u cant please all the people ALL the time ...........

Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:15 pm

dennyelvis wrote:Thanx again mate, u cant please all the people ALL the time ...........

Ain't that the truth!

Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:42 pm

Ok, for those who are interested:

I have found a superior source for the 1972 version of 'Are You Lonesome Tonight?' that I used (track 25), so if you want it without downloading the whole thing again, here it is:

http://www.packupload.com/FMAK18E3434

Also have updated the back cover (now reads 'A Big Hunk O' Love')

http://www.packupload.com/RCQ2UCJLIBN

Am currently in the process of uploading the whole project with the above changes.

Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:32 pm

Cheers Jas, will wait 4 u to reload, dont get disheartened, we love em ........

Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:00 pm

dennyelvis wrote:Cheers Jas, will wait 4 u to reload, dont get disheartened, we love em ........

I'm all good thanks Denny! Thanks bud.

Heres the new link:

http://www.packupload.com/LA3IR32G8RI

Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:12 am

Thanks for posting :)
And thanks for putting up with all the bullshit you get from some here...
Some can and will never be happy.