Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

MY album - Live Greatest Hits. ft 'I Forgot To Remember' :)

Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:12 pm

Hi All

I have just completed my latest and I believe greatest compilation and wish to share with you:

.............For the first time ever, a career spanning collection of Elvis' hits LIVE, from 1954 through to 1977!
- Also for the first time on a collection the newly found live version of 'I Forgot To Remember To Forget'! (with adjusted audio).

- This collection features a host of well known performances from the king, including songs from the early TV shows, the Hawaii benefit show in 1961, the comeback special, vegas and more!

- I have tried to use the best sounding versions available of the tracks but for obvious reasons the sound quality of the tracks is inconsistent!

- I have also thrown in a few rare versions of performances!

- And as usual comes with full artwork and booklet withh full track info.

So Here it is:

Elvis - The Live Greatest Hits 1954-77.....

That's All Right - 54
I Forgot To Remember To Forget - 55
Heartbreak Hotel - 56
Blue Suede Shoes - 56
I Want You, I Need You, I Love You - 56
Hound Dog - 56
Love Me Tender - 56
Paralyzed - 56
Love Me - 56
Too Much - 57
Stuck On You - 60
One Night - 61
A Fool Such As I - 61
I Need Your Love Tonight - 61
Cant Help Falling In Love - 68
All Shook Up - 68
Jailhouse Rock - 68
If I Can Dream - 68
In The Ghetto - 69
Suspicious Minds - 69
Don't Cry Daddy - 70
The Wonder Of You - 70
It's Now Or Never - 70
A Big Hunk Of Love - 72
Are You Lonesome Tonight? - 72
Teddy Bear / Don't Be Cruel - 72
Burning Love - 73
An American Trilogy - 73
Promised Land - 75
My Way - 77

PLEASE PM ME IF INTERESTED (MEMBERS ONLY)
Last edited by trouble_jw on Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:43 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Re: NEW ALBUM - Live Greatest Hits. ft 'I Forgot To Remember

Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:24 pm

Very nice. but can you fix the spelling mistake on the front cover please. Thanks.

Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:52 pm

R2-D2 wrote:Very nice. but can you fix the spelling mistake on the front cover please. Thanks.

Good spot. Done!

Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:52 pm

Have you ever worked on the version of "Merry Christmas Baby" from the LP/CD "Reconsider Baby." In other words, the version without the Eddie Hinton guitar overdub? I think this version is also on the UK version of "The Wonderful World of Christmas" ND 81936.

MT

Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:01 pm

Excellent Job! Love the artwork and the track listing. Very professional!!!! I'm DLing it now so I haven't listened but I'm curious to hear the audio blend.....

This is something I've attempted several times but was never able to finish. I never know what direction to go in. The quality thing always gets in the way.

This deserves a volume 2..... and 3 and 4 and 5

Thanks for sharing

Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:06 pm

MysteryTrain wrote:Have you ever worked on the version of "Merry Christmas Baby" from the LP/CD "Reconsider Baby." In other words, the version without the Eddie Hinton guitar overdub? I think this version is also on the UK version of "The Wonderful World of Christmas" ND 81936.

MT

What do you mean worked on? I have the album, its great.

ElvisTheKid wrote:Excellent Job! Love the artwork and the track listing. Very professional!!!! I'm DLing it now so I haven't listened but I'm curious to hear the audio blend.....

This is something I've attempted several times but was never able to finish. I never know what direction to go in. The quality thing always gets in the way.

This deserves a volume 2..... and 3 and 4 and 5

Thanks for sharing

Thanks man, let me know what you think of the audio! As I say, I picked some rare versions over well known ones on some tracks.

stan from tintane wrote:There never was anything other than a live greatest hit of trilogy so it seems the odd one out on there to me. Other than that, very nice and thanks for sharing.

What about 'The Wonder Of You'? or 'My Way' which were both live hits. Trilogy is an Elvis classic and the 1972 version a big hit (in the UK), I put in the Aloha version as I think it is the best one.

Thanks for the comments all :)

Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:10 pm

Love your cover art.
Lucio

Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:14 pm

lucio wrote:Love your cover art.
Lucio

Made so many for this collection! Glad I picked this one.

Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:24 pm

Let me tell you something.... as a newer fan (past 10 years if that's considered newer?), I really appreciate these types of collections.

The audio really does sound great. You did an excellent job and this is as professional as it gets. I hope you do this for a living because if you don't, you should.

What I like about this the most is...... I don't know every LIVE (edit) version of every 70s song like most of you do so it's nice to get a professional fans opinions of some of the greater songs (both audio quality and Elvis quality). It's great to get to hear certain version that I never knew existed. But the blend is great and a volume 2 3 4 5 6 are definitely in order. lol

If you take requests, I'd like to see an enhanced compilation of all the live unreleased songs. Songs like Crying Time, Alright Ok You Win, When The Snow Is On The Roses, Turn Around, Look At Me, Etc, Etc Etc ETc ETc?

But great job! And Thanks for taking the time to do this for us fans.
Last edited by ElvisTheKid on Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:49 pm

ElvisTheKid wrote:Let me tell you something.... as a newer fan (past 10 years if that's considered newer?), I really appreciate these types of collections.

The audio really does sound great. You did an excellent job and this is as professional as it gets. I hope you do this for a living because if you don't, you should.

What I like about this the most is...... I don't know every version of every 70s song like most of you do so it's nice to get a professional fans opinions of some of the greater songs (both audio quality and Elvis quality). It's great to get to hear certain version that I never knew existed. But the blend is great and a volume 2 3 4 5 6 are definitely in order. lol

If you take requests, I'd like to see an enhanced compilation of all the live unreleased songs. Songs like Crying Time, Alright Ok You Win, When The Snow Is On The Roses, Turn Around, Look At Me, Etc, Etc Etc ETc ETc?

But great job! And Thanks for taking the time to do this for us fans.

Very nice comments, thanks man!
I wish I did do it as a living but this is purely a hobby! I will aim to do another couple of volumes on this one as it seems to be of interest :)

Again, glad you enjoy it, makes it more worth my while!

Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:09 pm

Getting it now my man, great concept, and yes i do love it ......... hope it does flow nicely, sure it will ..........

Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:21 pm

"Worked on" was a poor choice of words. I just enjoy what you've done with many of the tracks from the era of 1980s LP/CD releases.

MT

Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:33 pm

Hey mate, do u know all the album isnt here ? .... about 6 tracks short ?

Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:49 pm

dennyelvis wrote:Hey mate, do u know all the album isnt here ? .... about 6 tracks short ?

What?! Thats mad! Will re upload it damn it!

Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:23 am

Ok folks, have re-uploaded it. please try again and feed back how you get on.

Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:04 am

The thread title is annoyingly misleading. This is not a new album, it is a homemade project being shared on the internet.

Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:05 am

Matthew wrote:The thread title is annoyingly misleading. This is not a new album, it is a homemade project being shared on the internet.

Thanks for sharing!

It's a homemade NEW ALBUM being shared to fellow fans.

Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:18 am

If I Can Dream is not a live recording.

Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:03 am

trouble_jw wrote:
Matthew wrote:The thread title is annoyingly misleading. This is not a new album, it is a homemade project being shared on the internet.

Thanks for sharing!

The thread title is annoying misleading. Anyone reading it for the first time would expect to see an announcement or indication of some official CD release featuring the new live discovery. This is not a "NEW ALBUM" that you're listing here, its a sequencing of recordings from other CDs and YouTube that you've played around with and offered up on the internet. Perhaps the word "homemade" should be in the thread title.

Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:17 am

Matthew wrote:
trouble_jw wrote:

Thanks for sharing!

The thread title is annoying misleading. Anyone reading it for the first time would expect to see an announcement or indication of some official CD release featuring the new live discovery. This is not a "NEW ALBUM" that you're listing here, its a sequencing of recordings from other CDs and YouTube that you've played around with and offered up on the internet. Perhaps the word "homemade" should be in the thread title.

Some people on this forum will never be happy. I'm not forcing anyone to download this, just thought people would be as interested as me in this idea!
I invested a lot of time is the project and don't appriciate the rude comments.

Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:30 am

Thanks for this and for the time and effort you put into the project and some of us do appreciate what you do and keep up the good work :D

Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:53 am

topcat wrote:Thanks for this and for the time and effort you put into the project and some of us do appreciate what you do and keep up the good work :D

Many thanks topcat!

Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:00 am

Hi trouble_jw

I see you have definitely put a lot of time and effort in making this collection.
But out of curiosity, is it legal to put up a download like this? wouldn't like to see you get int trouble for this.

Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:38 am

hli wrote:Hi trouble_jw

I see you have definitely put a lot of time and effort in making this collection.
But out of curiosity, is it legal to put up a download like this? wouldn't like to see you get int trouble for this.

Hi hli

No I guess it's not legal but only share on this board with fans who have spent millions on Elvis and I'm sure have got the songs already on my compilations.
Should this upset anyone legally I will remove no problem.

Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:53 am

Thanks for posting. This should be interesting. Just out of curiosity....did you increase the speed of "I Forgot to Remember"? I have for my collection, since the recording was running a tad slow.