Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Prince From Another Planet --> MSG Set Due Out In Septem

Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:57 am

bpmod wrote:
Blue River wrote:I think you got a pretty good deal, sir.

I didn't jump on it right away because I have never dealt with them before. I wanted to see what everybody else thought of them. It seems that others are jumping on, so I'll blame them (and you Blue River) if I'm not satisfied. :)

They sell via Amazon on many of their items so they're probably reputable.

Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:21 pm

on Elvis Australia they say that the dvd will be 80 minutes and this was posted september 3rd :roll:
Is this the real last info on it??...

Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:39 pm

Steelback wrote:
minkahed wrote:I listen to Elvis radio all the time and haven't even heard a mention of this set yet !

Hmmmm ...maybe bad timing, but they shouldn't do this in abundance if it's gonna impact sales.

I know lots of people that didn't buy Bruce Springsteen's "Wrecking Ball" for the same reason.

They missed out on a fine album, possibly his best since "The Rising"

How could anybody miss out when they play all the tracks from this fine album every half hour ?

That was my point.

Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:49 am

Amazon.co.uk has an updated cover art of the deluxe set. I think it looks even better now.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B008 ... 01_s00_i00

Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:55 am

Oh dear, I preferred the stark, cooler black & white. I think there's been enough gaudy-colored Elvis product to last a lifetime, a black & white set made a nice chamge! Oh well, doesn't matter.

Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:20 pm

Yep not sure about the blue ? its either b&w or color, dont mess with it !

Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:27 pm

dennyelvis wrote:Yep not sure about the blue ? its either b&w or color, dont mess with it !

There was already yellow in the title, though.

Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:34 pm

Ty@TheFilmFrontier wrote:
dennyelvis wrote:Yep not sure about the blue ? its either b&w or color, dont mess with it !

There was already yellow in the title, though.

A very vague, creamy yellow though. Elvis himself in black & white with the b&w "ELVIS" banner worked. Now it doesn't, as they've made only the banner blue, but left El himself in b&w. Might as well make him also in color now. That's what I'd do anyway. I've done a few album covers, although some of them were sh*t.

Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:34 pm

hm80ep wrote:Amazon.co.uk has an updated cover art of the deluxe set. I think it looks even better now.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B008 ... 01_s00_i00

Like it.. The blue letters create more impact. Pretty cool package. I wonder if there will be a broad distribution and some marketing efforts. The set should have the potential to generate some nice sales. Mid priced and great content!

Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:37 pm

Excellent Nlews Indeed -Ty Johnny 2523 for pics and Dr. John Carpenter for starting n posting his views as well as all who posted - I Just Cant Wait For This To Be Released -TCE4Evr -

Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:56 pm

That cover, I just don't know. There were far more flattering and dynamic photos from the MSG engagement, just would've been nice, but never mind, no biggie.

Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:27 pm

I've purchased a number of things from blowitouttahere and they are good to deal with. I did pre-order the three disk set from them.

Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:43 pm

Tim C wrote:I've purchased a number of things from blowitouttahere and they are good to deal with. I did pre-order the three disk set from them.

Blowitoutthere is indeed a reliable seller! I bought several Elvis cd's via their eBay store.

Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:06 am

Disc: 3
1. Like A Prince From Another Planet
2. Introduction: Also Sprach Zarathustra (Theme From 2001: A Space Odyssey)
3. Money Honey
4. Polk Salad Annie
5. That's All Right
6. American Trilogy
7. Proud Mary
8. Proud Mary
9. (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear
10. Never Been To Spain
11. Hound Dog
12. Suspicious Minds
13. Can't Help Falling In Love
14. End Theme (Orchestra)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Elvis-Prince-An ... l_3#disc_3

That's what I've seen on amazon today, now I wonder where did they got Money Honey from, why is Proud Mary twice, what is 1. Prince From Another Planet and where's the press conference?

Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:21 am

amazon is one of the worst sites for factual information, but they do get better when you get much closer to the release date! Do not read to much into this, trust me!!

Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:09 am

sweetangeline wrote:amazon is one of the worst sites for factual information, but they do get better when you get much closer to the release date! Do not read to much into this, trust me!!

Absolutely! A friend of mine sent a correction to amazon last year for his own album's description, telling them simply & clearly to erase one sentence. And instead they put the sentence again, doubling it up.

Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:58 am

WTH?? Where did Money Honey come from??

Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:06 am

BrianTCB wrote:WTH?? Where did Money Honey come from??

Perhaps, Money Honey refers to the chapter title in the DVD where they discuss the money Elvis made at the 4 shows.

Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:56 pm

I heard the preview of the MSG box set on Elvis Radio the other day. They played "That's All Right" from the evening show. While the Elvis Radio channel on Sirius does not have clear & perfect sound quality, I liked what I heard. You could tell it was a different mix. Two things stood out: you can hear the audience more, and Ronnie Tutt's kick drum was more pronounced.

I think we are going to be pleased.

Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:25 pm

Just sticking with the cape, these are slightly newer shots than normal .........

Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:00 pm

Rich_TCB wrote:Ronnie Tutt's kick drum was more pronounced.

Good news, on many Elvis live recordings the bass drum is completely burried:

Aloha, Memphis '74, EIC..
Even on the "Close up "San Antonio mix he was put in the back, resulting in a lifeless event.

Ronnie kicked major ass in 1972 so it's great news he's in front of the mix.

Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:04 pm

dennyelvis wrote:Just sticking with the cape, these are slightly newer shots than normal .........

My god, I thought those were stills from the DVD for an idiotic second :?

If only..!

Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:03 pm

Think the first two are AFT last is EVE ...........

Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:14 pm

Damn......another set of my favorite Elvis year that I'm going to have to miss out on...

Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:18 pm

dennyelvis wrote:Think the first two are AFT last is EVE ...........

The first one looks like Chicago June 16 '72 to me. I may be wrong though.