Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Ernst and Sony's Presentation, Elvis Week

Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:36 am

billyblues wrote:Is it a mainstream release? If so, this is more important than the Sun material to be released to everyone?

Looking forward, though.

Whether its ftd or official release i don't see how it makes it more important than the Sun set thats coming next month,
but it sure is a big time moment for sure!

Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:40 am

This is fantastic news. Let 's see the official press release?

Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:41 am

memphisound wrote:I am told from someone it will contain both concerts -remixed, a book, film footage plus complete press conference footage.
If so i want a release date soon!

Interesting. I wonder how it will be packaged..perhaps as a mini box set ala "That's The Way It Is" from 2001 (not sure on date) or a full box like "Platinum: A Life In Music"? In today's market i supposed it'd be the more modest, slip case/digipac three-gatefold method--which is totally fine with me. This will surely get repeated listens from me, if this in fact is released.

Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:42 am

Justin wrote:
memphisound wrote:I am told from someone it will contain both concerts -remixed, a book, film footage plus complete press conference footage.
If so i want a release date soon!

Interesting. I wonder how it will be packaged..perhaps as a mini box set ala "That's The Way It Is" from 2001 (not sure on date) or a full box like "Platinum: A Life In Music"? In today's market i supposed it'd be the more modest, slip case/digipac three-gatefold method--which is totally fine with me. This will surely get repeated listens from me, if this in fact is released.

Agreed same here, like i said if it is released in such a package it will be a monumental release.

Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:56 am

I just noticed that "film footage" was included in your description. While that would be, of course, incredible, I won't hold my breath! I'd just be happy to get the remixed audio..that's a priority for me.

Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:05 am

I was hoping they would be doing something! I'll be there and looking forward to it!

Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:05 am

Maybe they were able to strike a deal with Jonas Mekas for his semi-pro MSG footage, now that would be some hot news for this summer! We can only hope. Hopefully more details will be known soon.

Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:10 am

http://elvis-memories.de/memories/?p=15454
I was close!
This is going to be a incredible year! 40 Minute dvd, i am stunned!
September 2012 Release date.

Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:17 am

memphisound wrote:http://elvis-memories.de/memories/?p=15454
I was close!

Now thats like a RELEASE From another planet!

Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:18 am

Johnny2523 wrote:
I was close!

And to think its going to be an official mainstream release! :shock: :shock:
:D

Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:18 am

I was close!
This is going to be a incredible year!

Holy cow. Thanks for posting. I only read english and spanish but I can make out that the shows are remixed and the DVD is 40min. Wondering which show is the DVD and how much time on the DVD is the concert or concerts. If the Press conference is on there then that will use up some time and maybe more time wasted on some guy telling us what we are looking at or useless interviews. The concert material could end up being very short. I hope not.

Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:21 am

L Ray wrote:
I was close!

Holy cow. Thanks for posting. I only read english and spanish but I can make out that the shows are remixed and the DVD is 40min. Wondering which show is the DVD and how much time on the DVD is the concert or concerts. If the Press conference is on there then that will use up some time and maybe more time wasted on some guy telling us what we are looking at or useless interviews. The concert material could end up being very short. I hope not.

L Ray, I read it and the 40 minutes is just show footage! The press conference footage is not included in those 40 minutes!

Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:22 am

remixed by Michael Brauer!!

Thanks for posting the website. While it's in German, Bing translator translated the whole page into English for me. Sounds like it's going to be great!!!! Remix by Coldplay's engineer Michael Brauer. It's set for an October 2 release in the US. Can't wait!

Too good to be true!

memphisound wrote:
Johnny2523 wrote:
I was close!

And to think its going to be an official mainstream release! :shock: :shock:
:D

It's gotta be proffesional footage then, Would be weird for a Mainstream label to produce a DVD with 8mm footage right ;)

Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:24 am

Simon1 wrote:
L Ray wrote:
I was close!

L Ray, I read it and the 40 minutes is just show footage! The press conference footage is not included in those 40 minutes!

Very nice, we seen footage a little atleast from MSG in documentaries like Elvis By The Presleys,
If its like this accompanied with sound then it will be an amazing experience, instead of watching 30 seconds we will get 40 MINUTES.
Stunning to say the least, sorry if I sound too hyped this is just a big deal, this is getting this type of treatment, and it rightfully deserves it.
1972 was perhaps the last year we seen Elvis performing at a consistent to high level night in and night out. And New York MSG makes it that much better.

Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:26 am

memphisound wrote:
Simon1 wrote:
L Ray wrote:
I was close!

Very nice, we seen footage a little atleast from MSG in documentaries like Elvis By The Presleys,
If its like this accompanied with sound then it will be an amazing experience, instead of watching 30 seconds we will get 40 MINUTES.
Stunning to say the least, sorry if I sound too hyped this is just a big deal, this is getting this type of treatment, and it rightfully deserves it.
1972 was perhaps the last year we seen Elvis performing at a consistent to high level night in and night out. And New York MSG makes it that much better.

Memphisound don't be sorry to sound too hyped, if 40 minutes of pro footage are released from MSG I will probably pass out from excitement.

Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:29 am

The German website actually says that the DVD has a runtime of 40 minutes so this should include the press conference footage.

Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:30 am

memphisound wrote:
Simon1 wrote:
L Ray wrote:
I was close!

Great Simon, thanks.

This is a big deal. I'm hyped too. Hope this is not a dream that I will wake up from. So far I do think I'm awake. Hope so.

Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:31 am

Sebastian E wrote:The German website actually says that the DVD has a runtime of 40 minutes so this should include the press conference footage.

Doesn't the word 'einschichlich' mean: 'following this'?

Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:32 am

Sebastian E wrote:The German website actually says that the DVD has a runtime of 40 minutes so this should include the press conference footage.

bummer. I don't remember the length of the conference. 10 min. maybe???

Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:34 am

Simon1 wrote:

Doesn't the word 'einschichlich' mean: 'following this'?

including

Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:34 am

I was close!

Thankyou. This is fantastic, I hope it sounds as good as I hope!

Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:37 am

King Volcano wrote:
I was close!

Thankyou. This is fantastic, I hope it sounds as good as I hope!

YOU MEAN LOOK AS GOOD AS WE HOPE