Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Rapid City 21st june 1977

Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:40 pm

ale wrote:if ELVIS IN CONCERT ever comes out as classic album I'd release Rapid city complete with only some Omaha songs as bonus tracks on cd 1 and another concert from the same tour on cd 2, maybe Madison or Cincinnatti in case was recorded

Cincinatti woud be the one for me..
last versions of And I Love You So, My Way & Unchained Melody

Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:48 pm

ale wrote:Cincinnatti

Johnny2523 wrote:Cincinatti

Cincinnati is the correct spelling of this Ohio city. Please make note of this for future reference. If I have to tell you again, things will get nasty around here.

Thanks.

Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:53 pm

Rob wrote:

Cincinnati is the correct spelling of this Ohio city. Please make note of this for future reference. If I have to tell you again, things will get nasty around here.

Thanks.

Yeah, I'll just go listen to my Cincinnati recording of June 25, 1977 again. What a good show for the period. How Elvis sings Unchained Melody during this concert is chilling. And it is quite an amazing last live version if I do say so myself.

Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:20 pm

Why Madison? There's nothing there worthy of release. I would rather have Omaha than Madison and that would make more sense on an EIC FTD.

Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:41 pm

Wake up. Omaha '77 is as good as it gets.

Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:30 am

stevelecher wrote:Why Madison? There's nothing there worthy of release. I would rather have Omaha than Madison and that would make more sense on an EIC FTD.

IMO Madison is much better than Omaha....for sure :wink:

Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:43 am

Madison isn't better than any concert. It's worse than Omaha and that's saying something.

Missed you Midnightx. Thought you got tired of the inanity around here.

Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:04 am

midnightx wrote:Wake up. Omaha '77 is as good as it gets.

OMG!! Midnightx is back!! Welcome back sir! We missed you! :smt006

Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:30 am

Rob wrote:

Thanks.

"Cincinnati that's nuts man!"

Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:28 am

There are fewer overdubbs on the In Concert album than what people think, and almost all of them are back up voices on Omaha tracks.

Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:56 am

Stripping those out will surely help...

Geoff

Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:58 pm

If the backup voices would not have been added, the whole album would be much worse. Just listen to the pure versions of "And I Love You So" or "Fairytale". It's just sad! For some reason RCA wanted a double-album and Felton Jarvis did what he could to hide the poor performance of his late boss.

Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:20 pm

A. C. van Kuijk wrote:If the backup voices would not have been added, the whole album would be much worse. Just listen to the pure versions of "And I Love You So" or "Fairytale". It's just sad! For some reason RCA wanted a double-album and Felton Jarvis did what he could to hide the poor performance of his late boss.

I agree - poor ol' Feltone was polishing for all he was worth.

Geoff

Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:32 pm

frus75 wrote:There are fewer overdubbs on the In Concert album than what people think, and almost all of them are back up voices on Omaha tracks.

I seem to remember hearing an interview (quite a few years ago) with Joan Deary. In the interview I swear she said something about brass being overdubbed for either the Omaha or Rapid City show due to the recording levels being too low... Of course this could have come to me in a dream... Wish I still had that audio file...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:53 pm

elvis-fan wrote:
frus75 wrote:There are fewer overdubbs on the In Concert album than what people think, and almost all of them are back up voices on Omaha tracks.

I seem to remember hearing an interview (quite a few years ago) with Joan Deary. In the interview I swear she said something about brass being overdubbed for either the Omaha or Rapid City show due to the recording levels being too low... Of course this could have come to me in a dream... Wish I still had that audio file...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I think I´ve read that to, but where?

Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:18 pm

A. C. van Kuijk wrote:For some reason RCA wanted a double-album and Felton Jarvis did what he could to hide the poor performance of his late boss.

Money...

Felton discarded most of the Spring 1977 recordings when compiling the "Moody Blue" album to protect his boss, as he knew they weren't good enough.

However, those records were flying off the shelves following Elvis' passing, and whilst the soundtrack of CBS show fitted on to the one disc, RCA could charge more for a double album.

Of course they could have used live recordings from earlier shows on the second disc, but this would have only served to highlight the weakness of the June '77 recordings.

Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:38 pm

As an album, Elvis In Concert used to be one of my favorites. Gave the illusion that maybe Elvis started his concerts differently. Now I know better.