Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: For 1977 Fans only! - And people who like that concert y

Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:35 am

karlos wrote:
Francesc wrote:
Rob wrote:I am so glad this thread is back. I was wondering what happened to it.

That's why we have Karlos, to bump all threads and Ty Buddy and God Blass, heppy week-end to you and family, tyyyy

Yvw Francesc - Best wishes ta you too ::rocks

:smt006 no tyy

Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:07 am

http://youtu.be/Nil8FgJKx80

Moody Blue - Charlotte - February 21st 1977
Enjoy

Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:19 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Johnny2523 wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
Johnny2523 wrote:My Fav concert: May 3 1977.. Elvis Quote from that Show: ''Despite of what you might have read in newspapers. Im Here, Happy Healthy & Singing''

Why do you like this quote? They are the words of a man in deep trouble, and serious denial. Three and a half months later, he was none of the above.

Coz at the time elvis probably felt Happy healthy and he was singing. Look doc this is for people who appriciate 1977 elvis. Dont make a drama out of it

There is no drama, only a discussion of the facts.

1977 was a horrible year for Elvis Presley, in almost every respect. And, yet, you celebrate it?

That's your opinion. 8)

Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:53 am

Elvis in 77 could do things the 1956 Elvis could NOT - for example, gasping for breath, sweating profusely, forgetting the lyrics to his best known songs, mumbling incoherently.... :shock:

Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:42 am

Lonely Summer wrote:Elvis in 77 could do things the 1956 Elvis could NOT - for example, gasping for breath, sweating profusely, forgetting the lyrics to his best known songs, mumbling incoherently.... :shock:

Yeah, it was an amazing year, wasn't it? :wink:

Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:46 pm

Alexander wrote:
Lonely Summer wrote:Elvis in 77 could do things the 1956 Elvis could NOT - for example, gasping for breath, sweating profusely, forgetting the lyrics to his best known songs, mumbling incoherently.... :shock:

Yeah, it was an amazing year, wasn't it? :wink:

Sure was Alexander - Enjoy This Picture -
This is dedicated to all members on this board
Enjoy ::rocks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:22 pm

Ty for links and post Johnny 2523 - I lov this era okay - Some fans may think im mad etc by liking this era - but thats okay - Remember fans -
Elvis's voice got more mature and stronger during this era and he still had the voice who could sing any song he chose at that moment -and his band members knew them -
Elvis was surely a professional ,perfectionist and greatest artist that walked on Gods Earth - Listen to songs such as -How Great Thou Art , When No One Walks Alone etc - from '77 - ( June 19th '77 And February 16th '77 respectively )
-Long Live The King 4Ever -
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:25 pm

karlos wrote:Ty for links and post Johnny 2523 - I lov this era okay - Some fans may think im mad etc by liking this era - but thats okay - Remember fans -
Elvis's voice got more mature and stronger during this era and he still had the voice who could sing any song he chose at that moment -and his band members knew them -
Elvis was surely a professional ,perfectionist and greatest artist that walked on Gods Earth - Listen to songs such as -How Great Thou Art , When No One Walks Alone etc - from '77 - ( June 19th '77 And February 16th '77 respectively )
-Long Live The King 4Ever -

Thanks karlos, I love this era to!, People kill me over liking '1977 to, As u can see how far this thread went lol

Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:32 pm

Yvw Johnny 2523 - Lol Johnny -

ppl must remember this what i have stated here and appreciate ''The Kings'' work and remember too he was human just like you and us and had faults too -
But He had the Voice , charm , looks ,fame , charisma etc -
- I love all eras of his career - Long Live The King -

Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:10 am

If you guys enjoy it, heck, don't mind others. If you're happy that way, there's no one to tell you otherwise, that's for sure. :wink:

I listen to '77 material from time to time and couldn't care less if it's shocking people - surely people must know what they personally enjoy and what they don't. I know that I enjoy some of these recordings (cry, people, but I enjoy the EIC version of "I Really Don't Want To Know", for example) and yes, I know that Elvis had better days. What is actually perplexing to me is that there are people out there who think that if we're able to enjoy a performance from 1977, we're not able to notice the stronger material in Elvis' catalogue. I realize the sad condition that Elvis was in back then and yes, it makes me very sad. There's no denying that he was past his prime (it reminds me of that Sinatra topic). But still, there's something about that man that touches my heart immensely. I can understand why some people just try to ignore the sadness of it all for the sake of loving him unconditionally.

At least to me there's room for everyone. So keep on listening to that great artist who is Elvis Presley, good people. :) If it makes you happy... Go for it.

Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:11 pm

Xaykev wrote:What is wrong with people?!!! Here is a person who asked those who dislike '77 to not participate in this thread. Still they do. Are you some egomaniacs that have to ruin a thread you obviously shouldn't?? There are so many threads here so why do you have to ignore a wish from a person who just tells us about what he likes from '77?

If two people talk about Elvis from '77 do you interupt that conversation and go on talking about how bad he was etc??? Try being polite, that shouldn't be too hard. :twisted:

some people just like to stir the **** whenever they can.And it's usually the same ones.

Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:31 pm

karlos wrote:Elvis was surely a professional ,perfectionist and greatest artist that walked on Gods Earth - Listen to songs such as -How Great Thou Art , When No One Walks Alone etc - from '77 - ( June 19th '77 And February 16th '77 respectively )
-Long Live The King 4Ever - [/b]

During "Where No One Stands Alone" he is out of breath and on "How Great Thou Art" he sings off-key. One cannot say he doesn't try, but he's simply not up to it. :(

Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:12 pm

Elvis' career was almost dead in 1977, and it got revived when he died. Its a fact, whether you want to acknowledge it or not. Had he lived, that CBS special would have put the final nail in the career coffin. I am assuming many of you people are looking at 1977 a later point of view, but if you were around and a current Elvis fan in 1977, there was nothing to feel good about. How many people here became Elvis fans because he died and you became aware of the man? I rest my case.

Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:28 pm

r&b wrote:I rest my case.

And we are glad.

I had been an Elvis fan several years before he passed away. I was a fan when he was still on top. However, most here were not even born when Elvis died. As hard as it is for some to believe, there are some on this board who bacame fans because of the 1977 CBS Special -- and I'm damned glad of it. For those of us who were around when Elvis was knocking 'em dead, we know of the terrible decline as the '70s wore on. If some enjoy the 1977 shows, good for them. Do we really need to keep the beating going? Elvis still had fans in 1977 and I was one of them sitting in the audience rooting him on. However, it was very disappointing compared to what I had seen years before. I am glad that there are those here that enjoy 1977. It's a little sad when they go overboard saying his voice was at its best, but I am glad that he still has fans who enjoy that period. I'm not one of them, but to each his own.

Rock on, you crazy 1977 fans, rock on.
Last edited by Rob on Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:40 pm

Gary1 wrote:
Xaykev wrote:What is wrong with people?!!! Here is a person who asked those who dislike '77 to not participate in this thread. Still they do. Are you some egomaniacs that have to ruin a thread you obviously shouldn't?? There are so many threads here so why do you have to ignore a wish from a person who just tells us about what he likes from '77?
If two people talk about Elvis from '77 do you interupt that conversation and go on talking about how bad he was etc??? Try being polite, that shouldn't be too hard. :twisted:

some people just like to stir the **** whenever they can.And it's usually the same ones.

And you, resurrecting this thread after 6 months, certainly aren't one of them... :smt023

Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:34 am

This is a ridiculous thread. These are discussion boards, and discussion is what drives them. By effectively telling people with a different point of view not to participate in a particular thread is going against everything these boards are here for and what they are used for. And using 1977 as some form of lame excuse to have a thread where only people of a certain opinon can be post is setting a precedent that could theoretically spread across the boards and thus prevent discussions happening at all. I can't wait for a board that consists of threads called "For people who like In The Ghetto only" or "For People who like Blue Hawaii only". What the hell is the point in that, and how dull would it be? The comments in this current thread moaning at people for contributing to a discussion should have been deleted long ago, in my opinion.

Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:55 am

poormadpeter wrote:This is a ridiculous thread. These are discussion boards, and discussion is what drives them. By effectively telling people with a different point of view not to participate in a particular thread is going against everything these boards are here for and what they are used for. And using 1977 as some form of lame excuse to have a thread where only people of a certain opinon can be post is setting a precedent that could theoretically spread across the boards and thus prevent discussions happening at all. I can't wait for a board that consists of threads called "For people who like In The Ghetto only" or "For People who like Blue Hawaii only". What the hell is the point in that, and how dull would it be? The comments in this current thread moaning at people for contributing to a discussion should have been deleted long ago, in my opinion.

and thank god you don't have the powers to do that...
This thread is fine if people don't like 1977. But not if they goin to bitch about 1977 In a certain degree not liking 1977 is fine. but not for people who come just to completely slaughter 1977 elvis. Elvis Was Elvis..

Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:22 am

I'm no fan of Elvis at his worst but there were a few shows during 1977 that I enjoy... sadly I can count them on one hand.
But anyway, I'm still waiting for FTD to release the Rapid City, SD show... remixed and complete... COMMON WHAT'S THE HOLDUP???

Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:51 am

It's one thing to enjoy music Elvis made in 1977, or hell, really, really, really enjoy music Elvis made in 1977 - but a 1977 fan? Really? A fan of such a heartbreaking and troubled year for Elvis that ended in the worst possible way?

Are we all on the same page here as to what a "fan" actually is?

Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:06 am

Yeah there is something very twisted about being a fan of someone's absolute lowest point of their professional and personal life.

Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:15 am

Johnny2523 wrote:
and thank god you don't have the powers to do that...
This thread is fine if people don't like 1977. But not if they goin to bitch about 1977 In a certain degree not liking 1977 is fine. but not for people who come just to completely slaughter 1977 elvis. Elvis Was Elvis..

you would understand if you saw yourself as we see you: a group of fans who share a seriously disturbing pleasure over a very dark period. And this has absolutely nothing to do with loving his entire career and all that BS... psychologically there is something very serious going on here. to find pleasure in someone else's pain is not normal.

Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:37 am

I'm an Elvis fan, period.

Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:15 am

r&b wrote:Elvis' career was almost dead in 1977, and it got revived when he died. Its a fact, whether you want to acknowledge it or not.

That is so far from the truth. Elvis may have been in his worst physical shape of his career and his life, but he was still one of the top drawing live performers selling out the largest sports arenas around America in 1977. Also had a top 10 album, and a top 20 single at the time of his death. I wouldn't call that a dead career by any means.

Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:37 am

SuspiciousMind wrote:
r&b wrote:Elvis' career was almost dead in 1977, and it got revived when he died. Its a fact, whether you want to acknowledge it or not.

That is so far from the truth. Elvis may have been in his worst physical shape of his career and his life, but he was still one of the top drawing live performers selling out the largest sports arenas around America in 1977. Also had a top 10 album, and a top 20 single at the time of his death. I wouldn't call that a dead career by any means.

Elvis was largely touring backwater locales in 1977 and he had a top 10 album and a top 20 single BECAUSE of his death - not really something to celebrate.

Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:46 am

Matthew wrote:
SuspiciousMind wrote:

Elvis was largely touring backwater locales in 1977 and he had a top 10 album and a top 20 single BECAUSE of his death - not really something to celebrate.

So then you're calling the Chicago Stadium (21,000 seating capacity), Cincinnati Gardens (16,000) and Market Square Arena (17,000) "small backwater locales"? In the words of Kurt Russell in It Happened At The World's Fair- mister, are you drunk?

Oh and Moody Blue was #1 country hit prior to his death. You obviously are not a fan of Elvis but a troll of this forum.