Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

For 1977 Fans only! - And people who like that concert year.

Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:39 am

My fav version of I Got A Woman-Amen
phpBB [video]

Steamroller '77
phpBB [video]

Fav version of The Wonder of You
phpBB [video]

Fav version of Reconsider Baby.
phpBB [video]

My Fav concert: May 3 1977.. Elvis Quote from that Show: ''Despite of what you might have read in newspapers. Im Here, Happy Healthy & Singing''

Re: For 1977 Fans only! - And people who like that concert y

Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:46 am

Johnny2523 wrote:My Fav concert: May 3 1977.. Elvis Quote from that Show: ''Despite of what you might have read in newspapers. Im Here, Happy Healthy & Singing''

Why do you like this quote? They are the words of a man in deep trouble, and serious denial. Three and a half months later, he was none of the above.

Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:58 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Johnny2523 wrote:My Fav concert: May 3 1977.. Elvis Quote from that Show: ''Despite of what you might have read in newspapers. Im Here, Happy Healthy & Singing''

Why do you like this quote? They are the words of a man in deep trouble, and serious denial. Three and a half months later, he was none of the above.

Coz at the time elvis probably felt Happy healthy and he was singing. Look doc this is for people who appriciate 1977 elvis. Dont make a drama out of it

Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:38 am

:shock:
Last edited by Blue River on Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:40 am

Whoever did the restoration work on I Got A Woman/Amen did a good job. A definite improvement, thanks for posting.

A few personal highlights from 1977:

phpBB [video]

Where No One Stands Alone (16/2/77)

phpBB [video]

My Way (27/3/77)

phpBB [video]

Unchained Melody (24/4/77)

phpBB [video]

How Great Thou Art (19/6/77)

phpBB [video]

Trying To Get To You (21/6/77)

phpBB [video]

Bridge Over Troubled Water (26/6/77)
Last edited by elvisalisellers on Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:42 am

" For 1977 Fans only! - And people who like that concert year. " - Johnny2523

------------------ ^The words of a man in deep trouble, and serious denial^ ------------------

Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:08 am

elvisalisellers wrote:Whoever did the restoration work on I Got A Woman/Amen did a good job. A definite improvement, thanks for posting.

A few personal highlights from 1977:

phpBB [video]

Where No One Stands Alone (16/2/77)

phpBB [video]

My Way (27/3/77)

phpBB [video]

Unchained Melody (24/4/77)

phpBB [video]

How Great Thou Art (19/6/77)

phpBB [video]

Trying To Get To You (21/6/77)

phpBB [video]

Bridge Over Troubled Water (26/6/77)

Thanks for those! its from the final curtain box but i tried enhancing that picture again to.

Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:13 am

Johnny2523 wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

Coz at the time elvis probably felt Happy healthy and he was singing. Look doc this is for people who appriciate 1977 elvis. Dont make a drama out of it

There is no drama, only a discussion of the facts.

1977 was a horrible year for Elvis Presley, in almost every respect. And, yet, you celebrate it?

Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:31 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Johnny2523 wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

1977 was a horrible year for Elvis Presley, in almost every respect. And, yet, you celebrate it?

Surely he pretends to celebrate it.

Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:33 am

Blue River wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
Johnny2523 wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

Surely he pretends to celebrate it.

Hmmm... NO I LOVE ELVIS IN EVERY ASPECT, YEAR of what he did. 1977 Gets slaughtered by people like u. Well i love the 1977 concerts, I Became a fan by watching the CBS SPECIAL! thats what made me a elvis fan.

Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:37 am

Why after all these years do ppl who call themselves fans keep going on how sad 1977 was and Elvis shouldnt of been on stage he shouldnt of done this. We all know Elvis shouldnt of done alot of stuff and that was even b4 1977 but he did and we are left with the images and concert recordings, if u really don't like the year don't bother looking at any threads for that year, i don't celebrate the year but i take it as Elvis's history, thanks for sharing the video's

Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:42 am

Thanks for the links, don't worry about those who try to undermine a fellow fan's enjoyment of an Elvis performance.

Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:45 am

rickeap wrote:Thanks for the links, don't worry about those who try to undermine a fellow fan's enjoyment of an Elvis performance.

No one did anything of the kind.

We are all pretty tired of you popping into topics to mischaracterize other people's words, while almost never adding anything of worth to this place with an original post or a positive comment.

Why not change your tune? It's never too late.

::rocks

Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:56 am

xmascarrol wrote:Why after all these years do ppl who call themselves fans keep going on how sad 1977 was and Elvis shouldnt of been on stage he shouldnt of done this. We all know Elvis shouldnt of done alot of stuff and that was even b4 1977 but he did and we are left with the images and concert recordings, if u really don't like the year don't bother looking at any threads for that year, i don't celebrate the year but i take it as Elvis's history, thanks for sharing the video's

Okay, okay... I'll stop knocking the '77 lovers if you'll learn the difference between the words " of " & " have " and learn how to use them correctly in any given sentence.

Deal ?

Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:10 am

1977 was a horrible year for obvious reasons but some favorites from then are My Way 6-21-77, Unchained Melody 6-21-77.

Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:48 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:

Why would a show where ELvis feels pressured to defend himself on stage, because rumors and newspapers were talking so poorly about his condition and behavior onstage and his performances would make it your favorite Elvis show? Give me the carefree Elvis that performed from t he heart from years before. Not simply because he HAD to to keep things running.

Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:46 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
rickeap wrote:Thanks for the links, don't worry about those who try to undermine a fellow fan's enjoyment of an Elvis performance.

We are all pretty tired of you popping into topics to mischaracterize other people's words, while almost never adding anything of worth to this place with an original post or a positive comment.

"1977 was a horrible year for Elvis Presley, in almost every respect. And, yet, you celebrate it?"

Now who said this?

I enjoy a lot of performances from '77 though I realise Elvis was in decline. Hope that is permitted.
Hell, if the OP thinks Harum Scarum is a good film he is entitled to his opinion and I won't stop him celebrating it, even if I don't agree with him.
Now to check on some other topics that have descended into arguments with one central player caught in the middle.

Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:35 am

rickeap wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

"1977 was a horrible year for Elvis Presley, in almost every respect. And, yet, you celebrate it?"

Now who said this?

I enjoy a lot of performances from '77 though I realise Elvis was in decline. Hope that is permitted.
Hell, if the OP thinks Harum Scarum is a good film he is entitled to his opinion and I won't stop him celebrating it, even if I don't agree with him.
Now to check on some other topics that have descended into arguments with one central player caught in the middle.

I actually prefer watching EIC to Harum Scarum.....but if you had said Tickle Me, that's another story.

Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:39 pm

''Despite of what you might have read in newspapers. Im Here, Happy Healthy & Singing''

3 1/2 Months later..... anymore favorite quotes?

Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:02 pm

promiseland wrote:''Despite of what you might have read in newspapers. Im Here, Happy Healthy & Singing''

3 1/2 Months later..... anymore favorite quotes?

lot of things happened, And im celebrating 1977 for the performances. Elvis performed in 1977. And always people like u and River,
can only keep goin on about 3 1/2 months later, I'm talking about concerts here and not about his death

Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:10 pm

Celebrating a man on stage half dead only there to pay the bills? :roll:

Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:16 pm

promiseland wrote:Celebrating a man on stage half dead only there to pay the bills? :roll:

No celebrating the Man giving everything for the fans that where there, Despite health issues at times. Elvis never cared for money, Elvis just loved performing, Your so dead wrong on the part ''Only There To Pay The Bills'', Sure he had money issues but he wasnt performing with money as his main issue, he was performing coz he loved the fans!.

Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:27 pm

No you are dead wrong. The CBS Special along with the non stop 77 tours was about one thing Money - Do you think he was really stupid enough to lose Graceland to say he didn't care about money? - 1977 Elvis Presley was in bad financial need.

The RCA royalties buyout is yet another example of financial need.

Elvis foolishly blew away his retirement without investments early on.

Come out of your "Elvis Presley was so happy in 1977" shell.

That's not the case...period.

Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:38 pm

promiseland wrote:No you are dead wrong. The CBS Special along with the non stop 77 tours was about one thing Money - Do you think he was really stupid enough to lose Graceland to say he didn't care about money? - 1977 Elvis Presley was in bad financial need.

The RCA royalties buyout is yet another example of financial need.

Elvis foolishly blew away his retirement without investments early on.

Come out of your "Elvis Presley was so happy in 1977" shell.

That's not the case...period.

What is wrong with people?!!! Here is a person who asked those who dislike '77 to not participate in this thread. Still they do. Are you some egomaniacs that have to ruin a thread you obviously shouldn't?? There are so many threads here so why do you have to ignore a wish from a person who just tells us about what he likes from '77?

If two people talk about Elvis from '77 do you interupt that conversation and go on talking about how bad he was etc??? Try being polite, that shouldn't be too hard. :twisted:
Last edited by Xaykev on Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:40 pm

I saw Elvis on May 21, 1977. It was a great night for me and for approximately 19,000 other folks in Freedom Hall that night in Louisville. If I knew then what I know now, I may not have enjoyed it that much. What I do remember though is that Elvis put on a pretty good show. I know now that it was a pretty good show for 1977. He entertained the masses and also seemed to enjoy being there. For those of us who were actually there in 1977, we had some good times. There were a few shining moments of the Elvis Presley that we once knew. There were some bright spots in most of the shows, which is actually a sad statement in itself. He was giving all he had, but looking back, it was not even close to just a few years prior. Still, he was Elvis, and still we cheered at everything he did. It is only in hindsight that we see how bad things really got. Not even those closest to him saw how bad he really looked until after his death and they saw the CBS Special for the first time.

Today, I do not in any way celebrate the year of 1977 and Elvis Presley. I can, however, put on a CD from that year and still get some enjoyment out of it. To hear him laugh, to hear him make the crowd laugh, to hear the cheers as the opening vamp is playing and the crowd spots him for the first time sometimes brings a chill. Every now and then he will nail a song that brings a tremendous ovation from the audience and that will make me smile.

I prefer to listen to the shows from a few years earlier, but I am and always will be an Elvis fan, so somehow I continue to get enjoyment from the final year as well.

I know he's been gone for thirty-five years, but sometimes I really miss him.

Thank you and good night.