I Forgot To Remember To Forget (LIVE)10/01/55 UNRELEASED !

Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: FECC-Moderator, Moderator5, Moderator3, Site Mechanic

Renan
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Re: I Forgot To Remember To Forget You (LIVE) 1955

Post by Renan »

JohnnyRebel42 wrote:
Renan wrote:
JohnnyRebel42 wrote:
Trevor Cajiao - The bad news is that this WON'T be on the 'A Boy From Tupelo' boxed set. Like all of us, Ernst was unaware of its existence until today.
:(
Who is Trevor Cajiao?
Renowned editor of ELVIS, THE MAN & HIS MUSIC magazine,
Thank you. It would be interesting if Ernst could tell us something here.

"Ain't it funny how time slips away...."

R2-D2
Registered for: 19 years 3 months

Post by R2-D2 »

Just posted by Ger Rijff

Of all the people around, I have to be the one to break the bad news:
The youtube version is NOT part of Ernst's Boy From Tupelo project.
Just received his one line email reply :

Well, it's not-it just turned up on UTUBE today.

Ernst

JohnnyRebel42
Registered for: 10 years 11 months

Post by JohnnyRebel42 »

Renan wrote:
JohnnyRebel42 wrote:
Renan wrote:
JohnnyRebel42 wrote:
Trevor Cajiao - The bad news is that this WON'T be on the 'A Boy From Tupelo' boxed set. Like all of us, Ernst was unaware of its existence until today.
Who is Trevor Cajiao?
Renowned editor of ELVIS, THE MAN & HIS MUSIC magazine,
Thank you. It would be interesting if Ernst could tell us something here.
It seems that the book is ready to be shipped to some parties according to another person on the link I read & a point they also made was that the timing seems ironic for this to surface once too late to be included in the bok & did the poster / owner have an issue with Ernst or Sony etc and hence waited 'til too late for inclusion before generously "releasing" it on You Tube? Or just total coincidence and bad timing?

"If you're lookin' for trouble ..............."

hm80ep
Registered for: 14 years 2 months

Post by hm80ep »

JimmyCool wrote:
JohnnyRebel42 wrote:

MRS, we're waiting for you!
Will JP contact the youtube user to get the tape or will he just rip the audio from the clip?

Henryk

JohnnyRebel42
Registered for: 10 years 11 months

Post by JohnnyRebel42 »

R2-D2 wrote:Just posted by Ger Rijff

Of all the people around, I have to be the one to break the bad news:
The youtube version is NOT part of Ernst's Boy From Tupelo project.
Just received his one line email reply :

Well, it's not-it just turned up on UTUBE today.

Ernst
Keep up ;-)

"If you're lookin' for trouble ..............."

Mike C

Post by Mike C »

drjohncarpenter wrote:
AVSP wrote:Brilliant story and great audio considering - what a find after all these years

Is this on the new Sun FTD set???

Think its probably Hayride radio not TV though, what you think?

TCB, Shaky
This is but one example of "attic" recordings Ernst has spoken of for years.

What a beautiful performance. It's definitely an authentic Lousiana Hayride radio broadcast.

We first hear Buzz Busby and the Bayou Boys, then Horace Logan introduces Elvis, Scotty and Bill. Logan indicates the song has been doing well for weeks, which would place the date to one of these appearances:

10-01-1955
10-29-1955

These were Elvis' only two Hayride visits that month. My guess is the audio clip is from the earlier date, Saturday, October 1, 1955 -- six weeks after the release of Sun 223, and Buzz Busby was the featured guest that evening.
Thanks for further narrowing the time frame....my post on page 1 of the thread placed it in either October or November, Please note that Elvis did appear in the Hayride for a third time in October on October 8th, though it was a live remote remote from Houston, Texas.

"You go to school. I'm going out to make a buck!"
Elvis as Danny Fisher

jacob
Registered for: 16 years 9 months

Post by jacob »

Wouldn't it be amazing if other un-released songs were found in this quality.Wonder why the owner didn't try to sell this to Sony or FTD?

billyblues
Registered for: 12 years

Post by billyblues »

Jacob: maybe he didn't try to sell it because it's a personal item and he doesn't want money for it - thus why he posted it for FREE. Thank God some people are not like the rats living out there and calling themselves "fans".

I don't blame Ernst for I'm sure he did a great job with the new Sun material and worked hard.

Plus there are always people not willing to part with material (for selfish reasons) or even those who simply were "out of contact" if you know what I mean. If that guy posted this on YouTube for free I don't see why he wouldn't make a deal with Ernst if he knew about it and Ernst too.

Thank you, Blue River. Thank you, rjm. Thank you, Ken.

luckyjackson1
Registered for: 12 years 1 month

Post by luckyjackson1 »

I want a copy from the original tape! :twisted: :wink:

I'm sure we'll get it - on the fiftieth SUN collection CD

When the evening shadows fall
And you're wondering who to call
For a little company
There's always me

elvisalisellers

Post by elvisalisellers »

luckyjackson1 wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
AVSP wrote:Brilliant story and great audio considering - what a find after all these years

TCB, Shaky

What a beautiful performance. It's definitely an authentic Lousiana Hayride radio broadcast.

We first hear Buzz Busby and the Bayou Boys, then Horace Logan introduces Elvis, Scotty and Bill. Logan indicates the song has been doing well for weeks, which would place the date to one of these appearances:

10-01-1955
10-29-1955

These were Elvis' only two Hayride visits that month. My guess is the audio clip is from the earlier date, Saturday, October 1, 1955 -- six weeks after the release of Sun 223, and Buzz Busby was the featured guest that evening.
Fantastic researching job, Doc! Thanks for that! ::rocks
Yes, a nice touch of research.

However, the uploader appears to have some inside knowledge, to the alleged fact that it was recorded "by it's former owner, off the television", which would obviously make it a simulcast recording, as opposed to an exclusive radio broadcast.

luckyjackson1
Registered for: 12 years 1 month

Post by luckyjackson1 »

elvisalisellers wrote:
luckyjackson1 wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

TCB, Shaky

10-01-1955
10-29-1955

However, the uploader appears to have some inside knowledge, to the alleged fact that it was recorded "by it's former owner, off the television", which would obviously make it a simulcast recording, as opposed to an exclusive radio broadcast.
I don't know, somehow I doubt it was recorded off the television. I would like to think it's rather a very good radio recording.

When the evening shadows fall
And you're wondering who to call
For a little company
There's always me

Roddy
Registered for: 17 years

Post by Roddy »

WOW!! It's really amazing!! :shock:

jacob
Registered for: 16 years 9 months

Post by jacob »

Just goes to show we should never give up hope and it is possible for new things to be un earthed even as late in the game as now

::rocks

Renan
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Post by Renan »

luckyjackson1 wrote:
elvisalisellers wrote:
luckyjackson1 wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

TCB, Shaky

10-01-1955
10-29-1955

I don't know, somehow I doubt it was recorded off the television. I would like to think it's rather a very good radio recording.
I remember reading here from a famous Elvis collector that footage of almost all Hayride concerts existed in color but with no sound if I'm not mistaken. Anyone else remember who is the person?
Somehow I never doubted his words even many thought it was impossible that such material exists.

"Ain't it funny how time slips away...."

billyblues

Post by billyblues »

Of course it's possible! After all we have all those rats sitting on material we never listened to...

Steve Morse
Registered for: 19 years 2 months

Post by Steve Morse »

It's a strange one, all round, and the first time I've heard of an Elvis recording being preserved on a wire recorder. As I posted on another forum, I believe one of those contraptions was featured in the 1940s film, Double Indemnity, where it was used as a dictaphone. It's amazing that the sound is so good and that's the key thing that makes it such an amazing find . . . plus the fact that the only other known version is the master studio recording.

I shall not believe it all until I wake up tomorrow morning and listen to the recording again !

Steve Morse

"Won't you sing me away to a summer night - let me hold her in my arms again"

JimmyCool
Registered for: 14 years 7 months
Mood:

Post by JimmyCool »

hm80ep wrote:
JimmyCool wrote:
JohnnyRebel42 wrote:

MRS, we're waiting for you!
Will JP contact the youtube user to get the tape or will he just rip the audio from the clip?
That's a gooood question, boy...
(Hopefully, the former.)

Note: This post is for readers of the FECC forum only. Permission to copy this post elsewhere is not granted.

billyblues

Post by billyblues »

I don't see why so many people would buy another MRS release if it contained that one with the possibility of it being just a rip of the video.

UNLESS they put their hands on the real deal... But then it would suck bad to have to buy another release just for it. A Boy From Tupelo, after all those years, surely has to be the definitive document. Now without such a gem. Damn.

Tony..
Registered for: 10 years 8 months

Post by Tony.. »

Coming next on Youtube - someone's 'wire' recording of a talent contest in Tupelo, Mississippi, featuring some child singing "Old Shep" some time in the mid 1940's...... :wink:

MysteryTrain

Post by MysteryTrain »

From Wikipedia:

Wire recording is a type of analog audio storage in which a magnetic recording is made on thin steel or stainless steel wire.

The wire is pulled rapidly across a recording head which magnetizes each point along the wire in accordance with the intensity and polarity of the electrical audio signal being supplied to the recording head at that instant. By later drawing the wire across the same or a similar head while the head is not being supplied with an electrical signal, the varying magnetic field presented by the passing wire induces a similarly varying electric current in the head, recreating the original signal at a reduced level.

Technically, it is incorrect to refer to a "wire recording" as tape. It is not magnetic tape at all.

MT

JimmyCool
Registered for: 14 years 7 months
Mood:

Post by JimmyCool »

billyblues wrote:I don't see why so many people would buy another MRS release if it contained that one with the possibility of it being just a rip of the video.

UNLESS they put their hands on the real deal... But then it would suck bad to have to buy another release just for it. A Boy From Tupelo, after all those years, surely has to be the definitive document. Now without such a gem. Damn.
I'm getting both! :D
A Boy From Tupelo for the book alone, and a future MRS release for the audio goodies.

Note: This post is for readers of the FECC forum only. Permission to copy this post elsewhere is not granted.

billyblues

Post by billyblues »

That's if it brings audio goodies, no?

Of course I always hope for a positive answer. Can't believe that there are so many things we never heard... Some that we probably never will thanks to a few idiots.

Tony..
Registered for: 10 years 8 months

Post by Tony.. »

Renan wrote:
luckyjackson1 wrote:
elvisalisellers wrote:
luckyjackson1 wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

TCB, Shaky

10-01-1955
10-29-1955

I remember reading here from a famous Elvis collector that footage of almost all Hayride concerts existed in color but with no sound if I'm not mistaken. Anyone else remember who is the person?
Somehow I never doubted his words even many thought it was impossible that such material exists.
That article was by Paul Dowling, published in issue no.3 of the "Elvis Unlimited" magazine in 1999.

drjohncarpenter

Post by drjohncarpenter »

luckyjackson1 wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

TCB, Shaky

10-01-1955
10-29-1955

Fantastic researching job, Doc! Thanks for that! ::rocks ::rocks ::rocks
Always happy to help!

Thanks, man.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

drjohncarpenter

Post by drjohncarpenter »

JimmyCool wrote: MRS, we're waiting for you!
No need for that.

Mike C wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

TCB, Shaky

10-01-1955
10-29-1955

Thanks for further narrowing the time frame....my post on page 1 of the thread placed it in either October or November, Please note that Elvis did appear in the Hayride for a third time in October on October 8th, though it was a live remote remote from Houston, Texas.
It seems neither Logan nor Buzz Busby were in Houston that night, but both were in Shreveport on 10-01-1955 and 10-29-1955.

elvisalisellers wrote:Yes, a nice touch of research.

It's quite likely the YouTube fellow is mistaken. Buzz Busby would not be a featured act on a national TV segment.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!