Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Stronger Than Pride -- 2-23-72 DS (New Release)

Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:48 pm

STRONGER THAN PRIDE (1-CD + 1-LP VV RECORDS)

LP : SHOWROOM, HILTON HOTEL, LAS VEGAS, NEVADA, USA, 23-02-1972 DINNER SHOW

CD : SHOWROOM, HILTON HOTEL, LAS VEGAS, NEVADA, USA, 23-02-1972 DINNER SHOW + BONUS TRACKS

A 4 page Booklet Is Included

Stronger than Pride, The first release of the new label “VV"

If we look closely at the first Vegas act of 1972, In spite is personal problems or thanks to these we can see that Elvis concentrates on the music to produce great shows. The in-between song chat and banter have gone and each number is delivered promptly without even a pause for applause. The 'NEW' songs introduced do reflect the mood of the man and for sure the rocking days are over but the rendition of the early seventies repertoire is solid and sung with great ability. The Elvis show is short, 45-50 minutes and is basic with little variation in the tracklist, this theme is continued throughout, always including the new repertoire. Here We present Elvis to the end of the season the closing night the afternoon show.. no surprises in the tracklist but the show is extremely solid and good, almost supernatural if we consider, it comes after one month of daily routine.

The sound is good and powerful it comes directly from the original tape, the mix is rough giving us the possibility to listen very clear all the band in action. This vinyl pressing include a bonus cd, where you have the possibility to listen the same concert + the six “new” songs from the opening night in this way you can compare too the evolution of Elvis’ performing during the season.

The LP 140 VINYL GRAM is a LIMITED HAND NUMBERED 500 COPIES. It comes with an inside high quality GLOSSY paper booklet OF FOUR PAGE LP sized.

We hope you can enjoy this our first product in the way to give life to more of his kind in next future.

LP February 23 DS unreleased live audience recording

RUNNING TIME 45,00 MIN

SIDE A

01.2001 Theme

02.C C Rider

03.Proud Mary

04.Never Been To Spain

05.You Gave Me A Mountain

06.Until It’s Time For You To Go

07.Polk Salad Annie

08.Love Me

09.All Shook Up

SIDE B

01.Teddy Bear /Don’t Be Cruel

02.Hound Dog

03.A Big Hunk O’ Love

04.Help Me Make It Through The Night

05.Suspicious Minds

06.Band Introductions

07.An American Trilogy

08.Can’t Help Falling In Love

09.Closing Vamp

BONUS CD RUNNING TIME 73 MIN.

01.2001 Theme 02.C C Rider 03.Proud Mary 04.Never Been To Spain 05.You Gave Me A Mountain 06.Until It’s Time For You To Go 07.Polk Salad Annie 08.Love Me 09.All Shook Up 10.Teddy Bear /Don’t Be Cruel 11.Hound Dog 12.A Big Hunk O’ Love 13.Help Me Make It Through The Night 14.Suspicious Minds 15.Band Introductions 16.An American Trilogy 17.Can’t Help Falling In Love 18.Closing Vamp 19*.Never Been To Spain 20*.You Gave Me A Mountain 21*.Until It’s Time For You To Go 22*.A Big Hunk O’ Love 23*.An American Trilogy 24*.I’ll Remember You

25+.It’s Impossible 26+.The Impossible Dream 27°.It’s Over

*January 26 opening night + February 16ms°February 17 ds
Tracks previously released soundboard recording
Last edited by TCB-FAN on Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Stronger Than Pride -- 2-23-72 DS (New Release)

Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:53 pm

Is it a joke?

Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:58 pm

How about a sound sample so we can hear how "good and powerful" this sounds.

Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:04 pm

I'm only buying this for the vinyl. I mean how often do you get a vinyl bootleg release ?

Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:35 pm

Oh freakin CHRIST!!!! This couldn't have been a new clear source of the 2/21/1972 Dinner Show, the one where my mom was kissed by Elvis so you can hear the speaking parts? It had to be the show two days after that???

AAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGHHHH!!!!!!! *insert fainting emoticon here*

Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:43 pm

I'm down for a show from this season - since it's probably the least documented season, but vinyl? And bonus tracks from the opening night soundboard we probably don't need. They should tighten this up and just give us the show on cd and no bonus tracks from a show that we all already have.

Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:52 pm

Stronger Than Pride?

What does that mean? The show is stronger? Elvis is stronger? The tape is stronger?

Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:59 pm

Some samples from the audience recorded show.....taken from a previous release.

http://www.elvisconcerts.com/cdr/720223ds.htm

Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:04 pm

Moody_Blue wrote:I'm down for a show from this season - since it's probably the least documented season, but vinyl? And bonus tracks from the opening night soundboard we probably don't need. They should tighten this up and just give us the show on cd and no bonus tracks from a show that we all already have.

Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:00 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:Stronger Than Pride?

What does that mean? The show is stronger? Elvis is stronger? The tape is stronger?

They were considering "Weaker Than Being Humble" as the title, but it did not sit too well with the label execs.

Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:17 am

I am GLAD this will be yet another release i simply do not want or need, thus i can save my $$$ for WORTHWHILE a expenditure such as the Sun Book, FTD releases and the Bootleg Book....although dare i say THIS Vinyl release will be actually making that 'new' book out of date!~ :roll: :? :?

Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:24 am

TCB-FAN wrote:

They were considering "Weaker Than Being Humble" as the title, but it did not sit too well with the label execs.

Perhaps that will be the second release.

Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:47 am

To be followed by "Wilder Than A Goat."

Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:26 am

A book / cd combo is not a bad idea...but why such a bad tape..sound wise,,,,
I guess it`s just a copy of the cdr..regarding the label...

Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:15 am

Ciscoking wrote:A book / cd combo is not a bad idea...but why such a bad tape..sound wise,,,,
I guess it`s just a copy of the cdr..regarding the label...

I KNOW the show is 'ok' for the period but NOT the best audience sound for the season!~
IF the audience sound was say similar to Cleveland 23rd Oct 1976 and aTHAT was presented on Vinyl...then just maybe it would be 'collectable' but for a Vinyl bootleg the sound would HAVE to be as good as say 'COMMAND PERFORMANCE ' to interest me to buy it!~ :| :?

Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:20 pm

I'm waiting for "Greener than Monday"... 8)

Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:56 am

I just recieved some more 'negative' INFO about this release......it is by same person who did the SR label releases...i.e. SECOND RATE......you'd be far better off buying LABOUR DAY MADNESS for a much better quality listening experience!~ :wink: :lol:

Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:28 am

YDKM wrote:I just recieved some more 'negative' INFO about this release......it is by same person who did the SR label releases...i.e. SECOND RATE.....

That's not a good label, indeed.
As for this upcoming release, (re)using material from the well-known opening show and even multi-track recordings (that most fans have already bought multiple times) is just hilarious. They don't add any extra value to this release. Sometimes less is more. As for vinyl, i don't think that such a bad sounding audience recording deserves the vinyl treatment. The show is good but nothing special and the sound is below average.

Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:19 pm

There are a couple SR releases that aren't bad: A Thunder In The Night - Not Too Sweet - Trying To Get To Memphis - The Sound Of Vegas Vol. 1 - Setting The Standard are all pretty good. The rest well... - I do appreciate their concept of trying to cover some of the less charted territory, but they've definitely been inconsistent at best.

It would be nice to hear some samples before we totally condemn the release - but still no need for vinyl or opening night bonus tracks.

Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:40 am

The 23rd of February 1972 was an important, though traumatic day in Elvis' life. In the Hilton master suite, after closing show later the same night, Priscilla informed him that she was leaving. Elvis was in total shock, and forcefully made love to her after learning that their marriage was ending. During the closing show that evening, Elvis introduces Priscilla as "his wife". Sounds like he knew that not all was in order. I'm not sure if Cilla also was present at this previous Dinner Show.

Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:45 am

Not too many good sounding recordings from this engagement but from what i have heard he was really on the ball, singing balls out, certainly an underrated one imo!

Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:22 pm

The cdr i have is compiled from two different sources.. one pretty good, the other lesser..
The show is very good tough,pretty tight,wich i like,

Funny to note that Elvis his remaks about the "Fat funky angels" are already used at this show, and are not only a "Vegas '74 thing".

I hope the source for the new release will be the good sounding one.

Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:02 am

Always down for a new LP. I would gladly buy anything not yet on vinyl!

Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:17 am

Played this today and it was pretty good. The packaging was attractive, the notes and insert (on which care was taken to put actual early 1972 photos on it) plus the bonus CD were cool too. The vinyl was well pressed and the show itself (not surprisngly for the era) was solid and entertaining. This is the first LP to have a complete early 1972 Vegas show on it so that is a plus as well.The most amusing part came during Suspicious Minds were this one girl goes absolutely nuts (think I Can't Stop Loving You on From Memhpis To Vegas). Elvis comments "It's a new way of making love" at the end!

Now the downsides. The sound from the tape is only decent. Why wasn't the more historically interesting closing show from later that day not chosen? It's a tad longer which could be slightly deterimental to the sound on an LP pressing, but I understand the sound quality of the the later show to be better so it would even out. Second there is a pause between each song which is not done on the CD and it gives it the impression of a poorly made CDR. Other than that though it is great to get a new live vinyl boot and I hope there will be more from this label. Just no silence in between cuts next time OK?

Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:08 pm

Maybe Charlie was performing that day and Elvis' gig was better?