Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Elvis in Concert in Brazil

Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:12 pm

What a sight - really enthusiastic audiences! It's like they let themselves go, without any limiting thoughts and just went for it. That's just what you want from the best concerts.

There must have been some great energy in there. Great idea to take it to the Brazilian people.

Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:35 pm

Suds wrote:What a sight - really enthusiastic audiences! It's like they let themselves go, without any limiting thoughts and just went for it. That's just what you want from the best concerts.

There must have been some great energy in there. Great idea to take it to the Brazilian people.

Could you guys give some information on the total of shows, like attendences of the individual shows and whether they were sold out or not. Just curious. Nice to read you had à great time!

Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:45 pm

Renan wrote:Marco Aurelio - the lovely girl that played violin in the concerts :smt007 - Renan:

:smt049 :smt049 :smt049 :smt049

PS: these hearts are not for you cousins!!! you know!!

Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:55 pm

Alexander wrote:
Suds wrote:What a sight - really enthusiastic audiences! It's like they let themselves go, without any limiting thoughts and just went for it. That's just what you want from the best concerts.

Could you guys give some information on the total of shows, like attendences of the individual shows and whether they were sold out or not. Just curious. Nice to read you had à great time!

Sorry, I personally didn't go (thousands of miles to get there!). I was responding to the clips that were posted. They were great. But, yes, I would also like to know more about attendances (though I think someone said all 5 shows sold out, and attendances ranged from 7000 to 11000.). But, someone can correct me.

Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:17 pm

All the 6 concerts were sold out.

October 06th in Brasilia -> 7.000 (Gymnasium Nilson Nelson)
October 08th in Sao Paulo -> 8.000 (Gymnasium Ibirapuera)
October 09th in Sao Paulo -> 8.000 (Gymnasium Ibirapuera)
October 10th in Sao Paulo -> 8.000 (Gymnasium Ibirapuera)
October 11th in Rio de Janeiro -> 12.000 (Maracanazinho)
October 13th in Sao Paulo -> 3.000 (Via Funchal is a smaller venue)

And concerts were barely promoted. Just from fans to fans basically, otherwise all the staff would need 3 months to attend the demand LOL!

I will confirm the 8.000 number in Sao Paulo because I was told it can be higher.

Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:27 pm

Great pics. Hard to believe a man no longer living for the past 3 and a half decades can still draw in a mass crowd like that. Simply amazing!

Btw, why is Estelle Brown in a wheel chair? Is she ill?

Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:52 am

SuspiciousMind wrote:Great pics. Hard to believe a man no longer living for the past 3 and a half decades can still draw in a mass crowd like that. Simply amazing!

Estelle is fine. She had a knee surgery and doctors asked her not to walk or make much efforts for awhile.

Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:52 am

Roddy wrote:
Renan wrote:Marco Aurelio - the lovely girl that played violin in the concerts :smt007 - Renan:

:smt049 :smt049 :smt049 :smt049

PS: these hearts are not for you cousins!!! you know!!

LOL!!!

Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:26 pm

Renan wrote:
SuspiciousMind wrote:Great pics. Hard to believe a man no longer living for the past 3 and a half decades can still draw in a mass crowd like that. Simply amazing!

Estelle is fine. She had a knee surgery and doctors asked her not to walk or make much efforts for awhile.

Saw Little Richard a few years ago, and they moved him around the building in the same way. Some of these venues require a pretty good hike from dressing room to stage, so some artists use a wheelchair. Come show time, Little Richard still climbed atop his piano!

Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:32 am

The wonder Of You - Suspicious Minds - I'll Remember You - October 08th, 2012. I appear with 2:54 of video. :D

phpBB [video]

Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:58 am

Great stuff, what a shame that I wasn't able to go.

Thank you, Renan, my friend, for posting these!