Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Elvis movies

Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:13 am

Winston wrote:
likethebike wrote: ... It all depends what you're looking for in a movie. If you enjoy Elvis' on screen persona, most of his movies are relatively pleasant ...

Your notes about the movies are interesting to read.

Indeed. Winston, likethebike (Harley Payette) passed away this year.

It's always wonderful to have an opportunity to see some of his classic posts.

rjm

Sent From My Phabulous Galaxy Note II Phablet Using Tapatalk 4

Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:24 pm

Last night I watched Live a little,love a little on projector at home,that was not a good film,in fact it was awful ,but I enjoyed it.Oh and I had forgotten Vernon was in it too

Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:28 pm

We had some friends around last week and I made them watch Blue Hawaii. First Elvis movie I've seen in years. Fluffy but it was enjoyed by all.

Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:28 pm

And yes, rjm, lovely to see some of LTB's thoughts too.

Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:34 pm

I always find it to forget I'm watching Elvis, I mean ELVIS, in the movies. Maybe that says more about me than Elvis as an actor, maybe not. That said, although I enjoy many of his movies (for quite a few the word is endure...) I'm only really able to forget I'm watching ELVIS in King Creole because he was so good in the role and also in Follow That Dream because the character really had something for Elvis to get into I thought. Pretty funny at times. He could definitely do comedy.

Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:39 pm

My favourite is "Blue Hawaii". Great music, beautiful scenery, classic movie. I also like "Live A Little" (because Elvis looks good) and "Kissin' Cousins" (because it kicks ass). I haven't been able to sit through the '50s movies, I think Elvis' acting is too awkward. I prefer to experience them through the music and Ger Rijff's books instead of watching the actual movies... There are some '60s movies I haven't seen, either.

Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:50 pm

keninlincs wrote:Last night I watched Live a little,love a little on projector at home,that was not a good film,in fact it was awful ,but I enjoyed it.Oh and I had forgotten Vernon was in it too

To me "Live A Little, Love A Little" is much better than most of the average Presley-musicals. The script includes some funny lines, Michele Carey is a pleasure to look at and the music is quite good, too. Of course the movie is pure non-sense, but it is also very entertaining. :D

Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:53 pm

I now also rate LALLAL among my favourite Elvis movies.

Yes, Elvis' persona makes them all worthwhile somehow but I don't think I'll ever watch "Kissin' Cousins" or "Stay Away, Joe" again.

Well, never say never again.