Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

The Blossoms

Tue May 15, 2012 5:57 pm

I have readen in the web that The Blossoms worked with Elvis in his Las Vegas comeback. It is the very first time I have heard of that. Maybe they did the opening for him sometimes? As far as I know they only appeared in the NBC tv. Special. Some sites also claim they toured in the early 70´s with him. I doubt this all very much.
Plus there is almost no special remark in the bio of this group that they did the Tv special with Elvis, having been an important moment in Elvis´ proffesional life should be mentioned.

Re: The Blossoms

Tue May 15, 2012 7:56 pm

They did not go live with Elvis
they also sing with Elvis in "The trouble with girls"
and NBC - TV special ....

Wed May 16, 2012 4:17 am

JJURADO wrote:I have readen in the web that The Blossoms worked with Elvis in his Las Vegas comeback. It is the very first time I have heard of that. Maybe they did the opening for him sometimes? As far as I know they only appeared in the NBC tv. Special. Some sites also claim they toured in the early 70´s with him. I doubt this all very much.
Plus there is almost no special remark in the bio of this group that they did the Tv special with Elvis, having been an important moment in Elvis´ proffesional life should be mentioned.

As noted, Darlene Love and the Blossoms never opened a show for, or played live with, Elvis.

They may be seen and heard on the NBC-TV Special (songs taped June 1968), heard on "Swing Down Sweet Chariot" (1968 alternate master), "Clean Up Your Own Backyard" (1968 master - maybe), and "Let Us Pray" (1969 master), and seen in the film "Change of Habit" miming backing vocals to "Rubberneckin'."

Wed May 16, 2012 10:58 am

One still gotta be quite careful about what s in the net .... People should really get informed before they go in there and write bsh**.

Wed May 16, 2012 11:27 am

Fans of The Blossoms: they sing quite a few songs in episodes of Shindig, both on their own and as backing vocals.

Fri May 18, 2012 4:29 am

JJURADO wrote:One still gotta be quite careful about what s in the net .... People should really get informed before they go in there and write bsh**.

You're welcome.

Fri May 18, 2012 9:55 am

In addition to what's been said already, it's worth mentioning that it's Darlene's voice we hear in the 'cut' "Let Yourself Go" Scene.

phpBB [video]

Fri May 18, 2012 8:42 pm

That is correct, as well as the one that made the show (and LP), "Sometimes I Feel Like A Motherless Child," both taped in June 1968 at Western Recorders. There was some debate here whether it was Darlene taking the lead on "Let Yourself Go," based on an often-inaccurate sessions site listing, until I pointed out that Love was always the lead singer of the Blossoms. And she is brilliant indeed.