Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

new FTD Nashville Outtakes 61-64

Wed May 07, 2003 10:02 pm

Today I got the FTD with Nashville outtakes. Not bad , not very good.

Most takes are known, the sound is great , but some songs , well like "Echoes of love". You know what I mean?

Iam missing really good alternates or outtakes like:

I want you with me
I feel so bad
Good luck charm
She's not you
Memphis Tennessee (you know the jungle version?)
Blue river
It hurts me

I think, this FTD is not a must for the hardcore Elvis fan.

Wed May 07, 2003 10:09 pm

I really enjoy this album. The sound, the compilation of tracks and takes is really good. I agree on your list of 'missing' tracks, but I have all the confidence that those will appear on the summer 4CD boxset.

STUDIO B

Wed May 07, 2003 10:13 pm

I found STUDIO B as thrilling as the previous 60's studio outtakes! I find the balance of songs and overall sound to be very, very good!
I actually liked this CD as much as FAME AND FORTUNE, LONG LONELY HIGHWAY and other BMG releases as SUCH A NIGHT and the one to be found on COLLECTOR'S GOLD.
It really shows what a great singer and musician Elvis was! Keep 'em coming!

Wed May 07, 2003 11:16 pm

Harty:
No more unreleased outtakes exist of I Feel So Bad, Good Luck Charm, or Memphis, TN (1963 version); they have already been released.

Mike C

Thu May 08, 2003 1:12 am

You are right, Keith. My mistake on takes 2-3. But these are fasle starts or incomplete takes. Still, it would have been nice to inlcude takes 1-3 since take 1 is only available on the old EP Collection Vol. 2

Mike C

Thu May 08, 2003 1:18 am

Complaints about FTD's efforts are such wasted words.

When outtakes stay in the vault, people complain -- when outtakes are offered from the vaults, people complain. And it's usually the SAME people.

Elvis is 25+ years gone -- be grateful for what you get, people. I am!
Last edited by drjohncarpenter on Thu May 08, 2003 4:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu May 08, 2003 1:27 am

I really enjoyed this new FTD Nashville CD. The track listing may looks the same but most of the songs sounds very different to the original released version. Kiss Me Quick & For The Millionth And The Last Time are both very excellent and really nice to listen to. Superb sound quality too. Thanks Ernst & Company. MORE please..

Thu May 08, 2003 4:16 am

It is my opinion that the silver box is correct. This new version is edited for what ever reason.

RKS

Thu May 08, 2003 4:24 am

Just to follow up;
You hear the announcer call for take 2,3,4, then the 'beyond the bend' joke, then take 1, followed by the complete take 4 of 'I'm falling in love tonight'.

RKS

Thu May 08, 2003 4:29 am

Keith -

Not yet -- they are "en route."

Thu May 08, 2003 4:38 am

Dr. John:
I hope my last post about Good Luck Charm was not viewed as a complaint. :) I love FTD and am thankful everyday fro Ernst and Roger's efforts.
I was just filling in details for the original person who posted.

Mike C

Thu May 08, 2003 4:54 am

Have you all noticed on 'Worlds Fair' that on tracks 22 and 23 Elvis' vocal is left channel only. All other out-takes he is center channel.

RKS

Thu May 08, 2003 5:27 am

Well I bagged (quite rightly in my opinion) the last FTD New Years Eve, but I gotta say that the sound on FTD Studio B is awesome, I would have preferred Good Luck Charm over Love Me Tonight....but hey we can't have everything the way we want it. Studio B is fantastic, the only problem is that the 3 soundtrack FTD's are so brilliant that I've only been able to play Studio B twice, whereas I've lost count as to homy times I've played these soundtracks....I want more :lol:

I remember when these Soundtracks were announced, the fan clubs were a bit concerend about the appeal of these, saying 'we will either get very few orders/interest in these releases or we get alot more people wanting them than expected, so make sure you advise if you are intending to buy these EXTRA releases in advance' .......well obviously the interest was very high.

Thanks Ernst....you hit the big time with these babies.

Thu May 08, 2003 6:43 am

I agree with the good Dr about how people complain when they don't get it and when they do.
I haven't received my copy yet and I'm being very, very patient. But I know I will love it. How can you not when they are from some of Elvis' great years vocally. I just can't get enough of them. Even if some have been released before on unofficial releases, FTD / BMG nearly always tops them in sound quality. That alone is enough to look forward to.
Give me Studio B, 50's sessions, Sun outtakes and '69-'71 sessions any day over umpteenth concerts. Although, I do look forward to those, too.

jeff R

Thu May 08, 2003 10:13 am

Keep those collector soundtracks comin', Ernst. They're great!!!

Sat May 10, 2003 9:42 pm

HARTY wrote at the start
>>>Iam missing really good alternates or outtakes like:
I want you with me
I feel so bad
Good luck charm
She's not you
Memphis Tennessee (you know the jungle version?)
Blue river
It hurts me
I think, this FTD is not a must for the hardcore Elvis fan.<<<<

worth noting is
I want you with me (The master was take 2)
All takes have been released. Tk 1 was on Collector's Gold.
I feel so bad
The same, Master Tk2 - Tk 1 was on Platinum
Good luck charm
Only other complete take (Tk1) was already released in the UK (but I'm sure is slated for a future release)
She's not you
Great Tke 2 already on FTD Long Lonely Highway
Memphis Tennessee
'63 "Jungle version" is on Collector's Gold
Blue river
Elvis never finished one complete take of this. The single release was a 'fudged' edit!
It hurts me
The sublime Tke 1 was on "Such a Night"
(but I'm sure there is more to come)

Lucky for us

Cheers, Piers