Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Elvis rare recording !?

Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:45 pm

Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man wrote:That IS Elvis!! C'mon!!! How can it NOT be???!!!

It's not. Just listen to the whole "album" and you'll see:

http://www.mediafire.com/?iqe6ld5ld7p13ek
(Special thanks to Angel.Presley for the upload)

Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:44 pm

I agree i thought the top end was a little shaky, but was this supposed to be recorded around 61/62 ? its on home equipment, and he did have a great falsetto around that time ...........

Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:23 pm

Hey guys, come on!

It is NOT Elvis in this "Moonlight Swim"...

Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:55 pm

Altough ''the Lost Homerecordings'' is full of fakes, The only 2 that arent fake are ''Moonlight Swim, And the overdubbed version of this track''.
Clearly Elvis

For the ones who want some visual some editing helps :D

phpBB [video]

Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:23 pm

If I were a bettin' man, the MS home recording was done by Ral Donner.....certainly not Elvis.

Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:35 pm

Half the people here cannot tell if it's Elvis singing or not. I've heard 2 songs, Young Love and Moonlight Swim and it's Elvis singing both to my ears.

elvisonline

Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:38 pm

Young Love/She's Got You, sounds like Elvis to me.

Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:44 pm

It's Elvis. Never thought for a minute it wasn't.

Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:44 pm

Oh dear.

Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:57 pm

Elvis is on Moonlight Swim. He's certainly not on Young Love.

Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:09 pm

I just listened to this again for the first time in years. Yes, it's a very good imitation of EP but it's not him singing.

I was wr...wro.... wrong. Poormadpeter is right. Sorry my friend.

Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:11 pm

The guy on young love isn't ep, but JC a friend of mine, if u look on his channel he does a good job on young and beautiful. just to make that clear..
Moonlight swim IS elvis

Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:31 pm

JimmyCool wrote:
Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man wrote:That IS Elvis!! C'mon!!! How can it NOT be???!!!

It's not. Just listen to the whole "album" and you'll see:

http://www.mediafire.com/?iqe6ld5ld7p13ek
(Special thanks to Angel.Presley for the upload)

Thanks for sharing this. I was always under the impression that the fake duet really featured Elvis - after listening to the whole album with some person singing Elvis style I finally know that it's obviously not him. Still quite a good performance and probably by far the best "remake" I have heard so far.

Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:41 pm

Johnny2523 wrote:Moonlight swim IS elvis

You are mistaken, my friend... time to move on. Here's Elvis singing Moonlight Swim...

phpBB [video]

Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:44 pm

Boy oh my boy...I understand why some here are getting poor Peter really mad...and me too !
Of course this isn't Elvis in that duet fake of Moonlight Swim.
I heard it for the first time years ago on the Colonel's Collection cd and didn't need more than 2 seconds to realize this isn't Elvis.
After all the years, I'm still appalled at the lack of musical judgement of some Elvis fans...

Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:37 pm

FRENCHGUY wrote:Boy oh my boy...I understand why some here are getting poor Peter really mad...and me too !
Of course this isn't Elvis in that duet fake of Moonlight Swim.
I heard it for the first time years ago on the Colonel's Collection cd and didn't need more than 2 seconds to realize this isn't Elvis.
After all the years, I'm still appalled at the lack of musical judgement of some Elvis fans...

I'm presuming your posting is tongue in cheek?? I never doubted, until I read this thread, that it's Elvis on "Moonlight Swim".

Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:41 pm

elvis-fan wrote:
Johnny2523 wrote:Moonlight swim IS elvis

You are mistaken, my friend... time to move on. Here's Elvis singing Moonlight Swim...

phpBB [video]

That is definitely Elvis ....100 %. Thanks for posting that Brad.

Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:42 pm

Again guys, the person singing "Moonlight Swim" is really close to Elvis, but struggles to reach higher notes as Elvis did in this song (and not so high).

Again what I posted months ago:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Again, on first seconds, when the guy sings higher the part "let's go on a moonlight swim....." THIS IS WHAT ETA's USUALLY DO IN HIGHER NOTES TO TRY TO SING LIKE ELVIS DOES.

Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:21 pm

Renan wrote:Again guys, the person singing "Moonlight Swim" is really close to Elvis, but struggles to reach higher notes as Elvis did in this song (and not so high).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Again, on first seconds, when the guy sings higher the part "let's go on a moonlight swim....." THIS IS WHAT ETA's USUALLY DO IN HIGHER NOTES TO TRY TO SING LIKE ELVIS DOES.

But NO ETA's sound like Elvis EVER. Moonlight Swim DOES sound like Elvis. :D

Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:39 pm

Tony.. wrote:
Renan wrote:Again guys, the person singing "Moonlight Swim" is really close to Elvis, but struggles to reach higher notes as Elvis did in this song (and not so high).

Close to Elvis, not exactly the same. And just like I stated, the higher notes are obviously not Elvis.

Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:48 pm

Renan wrote:
Tony.. wrote:

Close to Elvis, not exactly the same. And just like I stated, the higher notes are obviously not Elvis.

After 39 years of listening to Elvis and about 20 years of owning "The Colonel's collection" CD, it's not obvious to me or most others here. The only thing I ever thought was dubious about the recording was the female vocal part. And where else can we hear the work of this near perfect Elvis soundalike????

Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:46 pm

I don't give a monkey's knacker what ANYONE says. "Moonlight Swim" IS definitely Elvis. My ears never deceive me when it comes to Elvis.

Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:50 pm

Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man wrote:I don't give a monkey's knacker what ANYONE says. "Moonlight Swim" IS definitely Elvis. My ears never deceive me when it comes to Elvis.

.......................................................................................

Well said Swingin -Little - Guitar -Man - Im like yu too - Totally agree with ya buddy ::rocks

Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:11 pm

Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man wrote:I don't give a monkey's knacker what ANYONE says. "Moonlight Swim" IS definitely Elvis. My ears never deceive me when it comes to Elvis.

Well said and......TY!!!

Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:14 pm

karlos wrote:

.......................................................................................

Well said Swingin -Little - Guitar -Man - Im like yu too - Totally agree with ya buddy ::rocks

never say never.
i claim to have a good ear, too, when it comes to elvis.

i don´t think it´s him either in that 1st youtube-clip, that johnny2523 posted, for the same reasons, that renan already explained. i already had this opinion years ago, when that dubious bootleg cd was released by the czech fan club.
the voice comes close, the imitator did a good job. making the recording sound old, helped a lot to fool some people.
Last edited by Christopher on Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.