Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Lisa Marie Live In Concert In Nashville TN????

Wed May 07, 2003 9:06 pm

I just got word from a source that Lisa Marie Presley has been added to the Chris Isakk show in Nashville TN on Aug 2.

I have not yet found anything on the net confirming this, so I am asking for everyones help by keeping an eye out for anything confirming this.
Tiger

Wed May 07, 2003 9:13 pm

Geez,
I hope she sings louder than she did on Letterman.

Tom

Wed May 07, 2003 9:18 pm

Yeah, for real!

Wed May 07, 2003 9:23 pm

I'm sure that curtis McFly will rev up the old Delorian and be there for the show in minutes.

Tom

Wed May 07, 2003 9:24 pm

Perhaps. I mean who knows, he might be attending the "Legends In Concert" show with their impersonators performing tributes to Baldman,Floyd,Kramer,Gomer, etc,etc,etc..............

Wed May 07, 2003 9:31 pm

I'm worried about Lisa touring...she doesn't seem to like the whole performing thing too much. Yes, she's new to it...but it seems that the stage is the last place she wants to be.

On Larry King last night he asked if she had an act. She was hestitant to answer but said she did. I wonder what songs she'll play if she needs to fill up like 45-1 hour of time.

I wonder if her concerts will be bootlegged as much as daddy's...... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :) :D

Wed May 07, 2003 10:26 pm

She said on Larry King that she would be on a double bill with someone this summer, maybe it is Chris. Sorry Chris but I just thought she might be touring with a BIGGER name act i.e Fleetwood Mac. Who knows...
JEFF d
EPFAN

Wed May 07, 2003 10:54 pm

I think it is a good move singing with Chris. Lisa being a opening act, only has to sing 7 or 8 songs. Where have some of you people been? Ever been to any concerts with a opening band? Geez. First putting her down on album sales and then putting her down on tour. BEFORE she has even started! I would pay to see her. She has her dads blood in her and that is enough for me. Maybe I will never see Elvis, but I sure can see her!

Lisa has peoples attention and Touring is the best way to promote a album. What is wrong with that? This is normal behavior. It is textbook ways to boost album sales. I am sure she will find her voice. How many people on the board have ever performed? Being a great performer takes practice? Elvis wasn't exactly perfect when he started. Transport the time back to Old Shep! How many had a Dad that was the biggest entertainor of all time? Do you think it might be a difficult act to follow? Most artists will NEVER have to go through that kind of pressure.

I don't think feeding her to a Fleetwood Mac audience is the way to go. Chris Isaak is a Elvis lover and I am betting there will be some duets in the mix. This is GREAT news!!

Too many people are quick to criticize WITH NO IDEA what they are talking about, for the reasons mentioned above. Questioning her be able to fill up "45 minutes to a hour" is suspect as well. Makes me wonder how sheltered some people are! Elvis played 2 or 3 song sets when he went out on tour for the Hayride performances. Only after he got a name did he expand. Lisa is not there yet. I think the general reactions of people I have talked to..is curious. Not curious enough to buy yet, but curious none the less. Not as negative as this board, that is for sure!!

Wed May 07, 2003 11:18 pm

I was just using Fleetwood Mac as an example. i don't knwo who she is touring with Chris is OK, I guess. Really I'd like to see her by herself in smaller venues. Or maybe a opoening tour with Sheryl Crow, that would be cool. I really don't know who I would pair her with, that is just a real BIG name act touring this summer. Hey what about BRUUUUUCE!?!? She is also supposed to be just real good friends with Marylin Manson and Rob Zombie, how would that triple threat bill freak out some Elvis fans! LOL :twisted:
JEFF d
EPFAN!
Last edited by JEFF d on Wed May 07, 2003 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed May 07, 2003 11:21 pm

Hey Jeff, did you get her on Larry King. I forgot all about it!!

Wed May 07, 2003 11:30 pm

Yea baby, she wassss soooooo foxxy!!!!
What to you think if we see her open for Marylin Manson & Rob Zombie? We'll be going to hell for sure, if we go see that show! lol :evil:
JEFF d
EPFAN!

Thu May 08, 2003 3:26 am

I am not so sure that singing with Chris Isaak would be something Lisa would like. She is trying to cut her own path, and I can't really see her teaming up with someone who will draw such obvious references to Elvis. Time will tell, I guess.

Thu May 08, 2003 4:02 am

FWIW -- this topic should be in the other forum.

Thu May 08, 2003 4:03 am

to the goofs that said she can't sing or her cd won't go anywhere.
it's number 5 on the bilboard charts you ding a lings must rather hear old stupid rap over lisa.
she'll do go on tour this year.

Thu May 08, 2003 6:06 am

The CD debuted at #5, but has since dropped to #17, I believe. In any event, Doc is right about this being Off-topic.

Thu May 08, 2003 6:28 am

Hey Genesim,

I got the Larry King Live show and will put it on a video for you.
Anyone who is good friends with Manson or Zombie is pretty sick. She better change her tune pretty quick.
I own a used cd and vinyl store and about the only two artists that I refuse to stock are those two. If people want to listen to devil worshippers, that's up to them. But I will not have any part of it.
By the way, what kind of bag is the Scientology religion? I know it's big with the wealthy and Hollywood types. It just seems that everyone I hear about that's involved in it is very strange.

jeff R

Thu May 08, 2003 1:09 pm

jeffreyjames wrote:By the way, what kind of bag is the Scientology religion? I know it's big with the wealthy and Hollywood types. It just seems that everyone I hear about that's involved in it is very strange.

jeff R
Elvis would have been a much happier man if he had followed Scientology's guide book to life, "Diuretics".
Everyone needs a good cleansing, instead of having friends, Elvis should have had more enemas.

L. Ron Hubbard, the author of sci-fi books came up with Dianetics and from that Scientology arose. http://www.dianetics.org/
From what I have read and heard, many years before coming up with Dianetics Hubbard stayed that millions could be made by creating a new religion. During the 80's a TV ad for "Dianetics" appeared during every airing of the Dukes Of Hazzard, Leave It To Beaver, The A-Team and every other cool show so I probabaly saw the ad about 700 times, easily.

An example of how, for a small fee, you can attain your dreams:
http://scncatalog.scientology.net/OA_HT ... tion=10328

Thu May 08, 2003 7:11 pm

Were ALL going to hell now for listning and supporting ELVIS PRESLEY! Because every dime of that money goes to Scientology!!!! LAWD HEP US ALL!!!! :twisted: To rid yourself of this, you MUST burn your whole collecton OR give it to JEFFd!!! :)
JEFF d
EPFAN

Thu May 08, 2003 7:36 pm

scotch wrote:Everyone needs a good cleansing, instead of having friends, Elvis should have had more enemas.

Are you suggesting that Elvis was full of...... :?:

Thu May 08, 2003 8:21 pm

....don't know about Elvis hes dead, BUT YOU are wiwi!
JEFF d
EPFAN

Fri May 09, 2003 2:26 pm

KiwiAlan wrote:
scotch wrote:Everyone needs a good cleansing, instead of having friends, Elvis should have had more enemas.
Are you suggesting that Elvis was full of...... :?:

Are you suggesting that I was discussing intestinal problems? That would be in violation of FECC guideline #7, I simply made a few typos... :oops: