Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Palm Springs Badge. What is it worth ???

Wed May 07, 2003 11:02 am

Is there anyone here that can say what this piece is worth ??? It was up for auction and almost made it to $20,000.00 WoW !!!! and now it's back with a opening price of $25,000.00 with no reserve. Will it open ???

Thanks.

Value is in the eye of the beholder .........

Wed May 07, 2003 1:30 pm

Value is very relative. In reality, something like this is either worth as much as somebody is willing to sell it for and/or a buyer is willing to pay. If the two cannot find common ground, then the true value is somewhere in between.

$20K is a whole lot of dough for a badge, even a genuine Elvis-owned one. JMO.

It sure looks like Esposito's word is solid and holds water. I happen to agree.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Here's an example of relative value:

The Col.'s Pipe (yes, the ol' fat man's pipe) -

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... tegory=433

I wouldn't even take it if it were FREE. Disgusting, ........... yet, somebody bought it from Graceland's '99 auction.

Just because one collector wouldn't pay a penny for it doesn't mean it doesn't have "value." I don't, for the life of me, understand the attraction, but it obviously has some sort of value for some people (albiet, a minority).

N8
...just a fan....

Way, way over the top.......

Thu May 08, 2003 1:48 pm

"Way over the top" is an understatement. That $25K relisting is going, going, gone ....................... as in stratospheric.

I'd value most "common" badges at a few thousand dollars - maximum. Even eight would be over the top. The Palm Springs badge, however, does have a few "extras" going for it, ........ so I'd place it somewhere in the several thousand dollar range at most.

Then again, if somebody was willing to fork over $19K .............. well, ........ just goes to show ........ value is indeed in the eye of the beholder.

Plus, the "private" auction option just doesn't sit well with me personally ........ but, that's just me.

"Over the top" is a problem with many, many, many Elvis items nowadays. I guess, TTWII.

N8
...just a fan....