Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Christmas FTD Soundtracks

Wed May 07, 2003 9:40 am

As we know Ernst has said that they may well release more Soundtrack ftd's at Chrsitmas, so ok I'm going out on a limb & speculating that they will release another THREE then as I believe that these have sold better than expected. So that leaves the question which 3 ?

I guess

VIVA LAS VEGAS (as Ernst is aware there is alot of fan interest in this one....my guees is it will be a 'Christmas present')

ROUSTABOUT......as FTD can release some NOT bootlegged material from this film soundtrack.

EASY COME EASY GO.....same again, there is material here that has not been overkilled on the bootleg market.

Anyone else with similar/different logic guess ?

Wed May 07, 2003 12:02 pm

I pray that they will release: Girls!Girls!Girls!
Roustabout
Double Trouble

LONG LIVE THE MOVIE SOUNDTRACKS

Wed May 07, 2003 12:48 pm

Mmmm.

Not that sure that Easy Come Easy Go would be very interesting. The songs are relatively poor and as it was a VO deal there would be no chatter with the band and only six songs to play with.

I would expect that Girls! Girls! Girls! - Roustabout - Speedway - Viva Las Vegas - would be likely contenders. Being the more popular ones.

On this note I don't see why GI Blues - Loving You - King Creole and Blue Hawaii should not have a 7 inch :shock: treatment.

Wed May 07, 2003 1:22 pm

GI Blues and Blue Hawaii have already had this treatment with the editions released in 1997. Unless they use completely new alternates - but then the idea is to put all the available alternates on the one cd.

I think Loving You would be a good one - some good tunes and if they delve into the big pile of acetates they have I'm sure they could put out a good release with some unreleased 50s cuts.

Andrew

P.S They could always release a limited edition 3 inch CD of the Charro soundtrack - lol

Wed May 07, 2003 2:52 pm

AndrewJ wrote:P.S They could always release a limited edition 3 inch CD of the Charro soundtrack - lol

Now that would be Super Cool.... :twisted:

Wed May 07, 2003 6:59 pm

I would like to see these:

Viva Las Vegas

Spin-out

Speedway

All three are racing movies - not that it matters, but might be interesting.

RKS

Wed May 07, 2003 7:39 pm

I think the following three are likely candidates:

Viva Las Vegas
Kid Galahad
Spinout

I say this because ample outtakes are available to make these interesting and good value releases. The problem with "Girls, Girls, Girls," "Speedway," and "Double Trouble" is that there are very few outtakes available (assuming the session tapes have not been located). "Easy Come, Easy Go" isn't strong enough (in my opinion) and whether any outtakes from Roustabout have been located is questionable -- if the answer is "yes," then I'd replace "Spinout" with "Roustabout."

Mystery Train

VIV LAS VEGAS

Thu May 08, 2003 10:21 pm

I would like to have VIVA LAS VEGAS as an album with the best treatment, outtakes and all....
Then I find FOLLOW THAT DREAM and KID GALAHAD very interesting!
But, I'll take 'em all, whenever!

Fri May 09, 2003 2:02 am

I'll be happy with any of the soundtracks. In fact, I want all FTDs to be 7"!

Fri May 09, 2003 2:04 am

Evan,

You want everything to be 7"

Fri May 09, 2003 2:21 am

I'm not cutting 2 inches off for anyone :lol:

Fri May 09, 2003 2:48 am

There is a problem with placing some soundtracks on a single CD.

Just off the top of my head I have enough alternatives without using the masters to fill two cd's for each of Spinout - Kid Galahad - and others which I can't lay my hands on at the moment.

I mean Kid Galahad would need a 3CD set - would this be likely?

And if only a single CD is issued - will we bitch and moan?

Fri May 09, 2003 5:37 am

I would love to see EASY COME, EASY GO as it's one of my favorite movies, It's the first one I ever saw. I know it's not a really strong soundtrack but I think it would be nice to have.

Just my opinon :)
-GEORGE

Fri May 09, 2003 5:22 pm

girls girls girls - sessions are yet to be found
roustabout- same, sessions still missing
kissin cousins - all are overdubs, so alternates won't be that different
speedway- sessions are still missing

probably we'll have

viva las vegas
harum scarum
frankie and johnny or spinout