'Aloha From Hawaii' - 40th Anniversary Special Planned

Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:21 pm

Please go to the following URL:

http://www.elvismatters.be/index.php?pa ... ws&id=6480

Information courtesy of www.elvismatters.com

Brian :)

Re: 'Aloha From Hawaii' - 40th Anniversary Special Planned

Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:50 pm

I also saw that advertisement in the back of the current concert programme.

Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:14 pm

Elvis Presley’s "Aloha from Hawaii" 40th Anniversary Celebration in Honolulu, Hawaii
January 10 –15, 2013
Experience six days and five nights of Elvis-themed musical entertainment, movie screenings, panel discussions and tours of places Elvis loved to visit when he was in Hawaii with this vacation package. This luxurious Elvis celebration culminates with an amazing multi-media experience as Elvis Presley presents his “Aloha from Hawaii” concert, exactly 40 years after it became the most watched television concert in history.

Taken from:
http://www.elvis.com/news/detail.aspx?id=6164

Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:11 am

I can think of more enjoyable things to do in Hawaii.

Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:19 am

The 2013 screening of “Aloha from Hawaii” will feature incredible re-mastered video on giant, multiple screens with audio presented in Dolby 5.1 surround sound. The original show will be edited to create a new experience that will be almost like being there 40 years ago. Included will be rarely-seen footage and audio that, when combined with footage of Elvis on stage, will remind even the biggest fans why they call him the king.

Any ideas as to what the rarely-seen footage and audio could be?

Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:04 pm

Has Elvis the concert ever gone back to the original stadium to play ? now that would be special

all original members who are alive to play again like they did in 1973 ?

Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:49 pm

OnTourCam wrote:Has Elvis the concert ever gone back to the original stadium to play ? now that would be special

all original members who are alive to play again like they did in 1973 ?

Most of the people who were on the Aloha special with Elvis either now have separate careers (Ronnie Tutt tours with Neil Diamond when he's not with "Elvis The Concert) or are no longer living (Myrna Smith, J.D. Sumner, Sylvia Shemwell) or have simply just decided to do other things and move on with their lives (Jerry Scheff).

So......the answer is: "No". Besides, I don't think, at the age most of them are now, could perform with that kind of "energy".

Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:46 am

midnightx wrote:I can think of more enjoyable things to do in Hawaii.

I'm curious....

Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:17 am

Robert wrote:

I'm curious....

There are better things to do in Hawaii than "experience six days and five nights of Elvis-themed musical entertainment, movie screenings, panel discussions and tours of places Elvis loved to visit when he was in Hawaii with this vacation package." I'm a big Elvis fan, but when I'm in Hawaii; I am surfing, hiking, swimming, lounging at the beach, exploring the islands, etc. Watching "Blue Hawaii" and touring sites where Elvis once stood seems like an absolute waste.

Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:56 am

midnightx wrote:
Robert wrote:

I'm curious....

There are better things to do in Hawaii than "experience six days and five nights of Elvis-themed musical entertainment, movie screenings, panel discussions and tours of places Elvis loved to visit when he was in Hawaii with this vacation package." I'm a big Elvis fan, but when I'm in Hawaii; I am surfing, hiking, swimming, lounging at the beach, exploring the islands, etc. Watching "Blue Hawaii" and touring sites where Elvis once stood seems like an absolute waste.

If you're a regular Hawaii visitor, you're right.
I haven't been there (yet), so my plan would be all of the things you mentioned above.. but a quick Ep site visit would definately be on my list.

I always look out for Elvis sites being in the US, although that has never been the main reason for any visit besides my two graceland visits.

I spotted some concert venues, just while driving by.. it's those crazy things you do as an Elvis fan.
Being from the US I can imagine you look at things differently..

People from all over the world visit certain places in Amsterdam.
With Amsterdam in my backyard, I try to avoid main tourist sites...

Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:27 pm

Robert wrote:
midnightx wrote:
Robert wrote:

I'm curious....

If you're a regular Hawaii visitor, you're right.
I haven't been there (yet), so my plan would be all of the things you mentioned above.. but a quick Ep site visit would definately be on my list.

I always look out for Elvis sites being in the US, although that has never been the main reason for any visit besides my two graceland visits.

I spotted some concert venues, just while driving by.. it's those crazy things you do as an Elvis fan.
Being from the US I can imagine you look at things differently..

People from all over the world visit certain places in Amsterdam.
With Amsterdam in my backyard, I try to avoid main tourist sites...

Is Amsterdam your backyard or mine? :wink:

Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:52 pm

When I went to Hawaii I made a point of visiting the Honolulu International Centre (now the Neil S Blaisdell Centre). Apart from that I didn't bother. As midnightx said it's far too beautiful a place to get hung up on the Elvis aspect.

Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:01 pm

Alexander wrote:Is Amsterdam your backyard or mine? :wink:

I know Zevenhoven isn't mine?

8)

Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:10 pm

Oh Gee, I was hoping for a Blu-Ray package of the concert (both rehearsal and main shows). :roll:

Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:31 pm

I've never been to Hawaii, but I've somehow managed to catch that rare Hawaiian disease Lackanookie.

Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:05 pm

TCB-FAN wrote:Oh Gee, I was hoping for a Blu-Ray package of the concert (both rehearsal and main shows). :roll:

I don't think a blu-ray of this TV recorded material would improve the picture quality much, if at all. And if they are planning any 40th anniversary releases of this show, look out for a Legacy CD package around next september or another reissued DVD featuring an extra 19 seconds of the press conference. :wink: :lol:

Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:38 pm

I still reckon they can fix the audio better alot better but i don't think they want to touch it at this moment of time

Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:41 pm

Knowing how E.P.E. is always out to make an extra penny I would be shocked if they don't do something with the footage in a 40th Anniversary special edition package of some sort. If Prince From Another Planet is successful, I think Sony will do a special edition of the Aloha special with both shows newly remixed as they are needed. Sony has deleted the 1988 remixed version of The Alternate Aloha album from the catalog. I think Aloha From Hawaii is only a few million copies from being his next diamond award seller in the US. Maybe re-release Steamroller Blues as a single so that Elvis can retake his place and smack Billboard and Lil Wayne in the mouth in the process. :wink:

Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:21 am

But in saying that what would you like different in the mix ?

Personally i think the mix of the drums in the rehearsal is very good i love hearing that kick drum and symbols very clean in the mix.

Backing singers need to be higher

and just the seperation in general i reckon they could do better

Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:33 am

I would love a remix of the Aloha performances. Calling Vic Anesini....

Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:21 am

Pete Dube wrote:I've never been to Hawaii, but I've somehow managed to catch that rare Hawaiian disease Lackanookie.

:smt005

Sounds like you need to go to Las Vegas.

Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:48 am

We've been to Hawaii twice and I can recommend recreating the scene from here to eternity with your own wife or a girl of your choice is quite amazing!!!!!